Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ How They Met ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Ever since Echizen Ryoma was born, he had been different from other kids; his mother was concern about his lack of interests, while his father pushed him into learning tennis even though he was only three years old at the time.

When Ryoma was four years old, his only interest was tennis and nothing more.

By the time Ryoma was six years old, Rinko was very worried that her only child was getting anti-social.

That was the first time that his mother decided that her son should have at least a companion perhaps a friend. Rinko decided to get her son a pet, so she took him to pet shop in Chinatown in hope of Ryoma choosing a pet.

The only pet shop in Chinatown was Count D’s.

After arriving at the shop, Rinko told the count about Ryoma’s condition and wanting a pet for him, Count D agrees that he might have something, then remembers that one of his many cats had given birth merely days ago. He suggests that Ryoma have a look at the kittens and see if he wanted one.

Rinko then agrees, Count D then took Ryoma and his mother to look at the kittens, as the door opened, Ryoma saw many grey kittens then a littlest kitten court his interest. The kitten was different from the rest for the kitten was white and creams instead of grey like the rest.

Count D then said that the kitten was the last to be born then explained that the kitten was a Himalayan cat and that the kitten was rare that only be born once every fifty years.

Count D then added that he wanted this one to be given a good home, if Ryoma wanted the kitten, he wouldn’t mine giving him the kitten as long as he goes to a good home.

Ryoma upon hearing the count agreed instantly and said that he love the kitten.
That was the first time when he actually said he loved something and his mother being kind hearted at her child’s attention. Did not wish to part the two from one another therefore she wanting to buy the kitten but Count D interrupt saying that he want to give the kitten away for free but only want Ryoma to follow some rules. The rules were; one, feed the kitten milk until he was old enough to eat normal cat food; two, never neglect the kitten; and lastly three; let the kitten sleep with you. Ryoma carried the kitten with him home. Beside she was secretly grateful that there was something else that got Ryoma’s attention besides tennis.
Ryoma then decided to name his new kitten Karupin. They stay with one another, slept, and play with one another.
The first time Karupin wandered away was the first time Ryoma felt heart broken. That was the day his mother saw him crying over something he cared about. The night Karupin came home Ryoma felt relieved and his mother was glad for her son.
Time went by when Ryoma had court another interest, ponta. Nothing changed between him and Karupin, only that his bonds towards Karupin grew.
Even when Ryoma grew older and his cat Karupin aged they never parted ways for their bond was something solid and unbreakable.
And even though Karupin wouldn’t ever realize that Echizen Ryoma had only eyes for Karupin, tennis, and Ponta.