Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Ryoma and the Wii ❯ Wii are Matchmakers!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ryoma and the Wii
Extra: Wii are Matchmakers!!
Written by PynkPlayar

Disclaimer: Nintendo Wii, Prince of Tennis characters, and other brand names are not owned by me.
Rated: K
Warning: Very stupid but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.
Note: A little extention story. Information on the Wii gathered from own experiences. I don’t really like this omake/extra all that much, but I had to write it.
Yorkis 13 hours ahead of in time difference.
Edited 04-12-2009

Summary: Echizen Nanjirou has the Wii figured out. So he decides to use his new found knowledge for his own purposes and phones a friend…


BRiiiiiiNG! BRiiiiiNG!
“Hello?”
“Old hag!”
“What do you want, Nanjirou? … Goodness, are you snickering? You sound like a grade school kid who just pulled his finger or something…”
“ Pfft. Sorry, sorry. Hey, guess what? I know what a friend code is.”
“That’s very ni–wait, a what?”
“C’mon granny, keep up with the times!”
“I’m going to hang up now. Good b–“
“Sorry, sorry! Geez, have a sense of humor will you?”
“Look, what do you want?”
“Well, you see my boy here has been very engrossed into his new Wii console…”
“Cut to the chase. How does this involve me?”
“I need someone on the other side.”
“… What are you planning?”
“Friend codes, Wiis, WiFi, and two little ochibis. We’re setting up a play date.”
-
-
-
“That’s it?”
“That’s the plan.”
“And why should I comply with your little arrangement?”
“C’mon, do it for your kawaii granddaughter!”
“Well, she has been down since he left…”
“Exactly! It’ll do us both good.”
“Fine, I’m in.”
“It’s like hitting two birds with one stone… or hitting two ochibis with one tennis ball.”
“I’m hanging up.”
“You see, Ryuuzaki, you have the easy job. I have this brat for a kid to deal with...wait, hello? Hello? Tch…irritable old lady…”
-
-
-
-
-
::: Friday, 10:14pm, York CityYorkStates:::
“I refuse.”
“C’moooooooooooon!” wailed the rugged monk.
“I refuse to play! I’m not going to wake up Saturday morning just to play Wii. Especially not to play with anyone you set me up with…” berated the young tennis prodigy.
“Even if it’s Sakuno-chan?” tempted the opposition.
His son hesitated before he rebutted, “I don’t care.”
“Fine. She’ll just be so disappointed, waiting for you to play with her…”
“Whatever. I’m going to bed.”
-
-
-
-
-
::: Saturday, 5:58pm, Prefecture, Japan :::
“Sakuno, you’ve done enough chores for me. Why don’t you go play some Wii?”
“It’s alright, grandma. I don’t mind.”
“Oh hush. I insist. You need to go enjoy yourself. Play some Wii Tennis! You haven’t touch it in weeks.”
It’s been exactly 3 weeks and 5 days since I stopped playing, the auburn-haired girl thought, and since he left…but, since grandma insists…
“Okay.” She flashed a small smile in the direction of her aging grandmother, and headed toward the living room to her white game console.
“I’ll be preparing dinner, alright?”
“Hn!”
I wonder how your holding up your end of this arrangement, pondered the Seigaku tennis coach.
-
-
-
::: Saturday, 6:59am, York CityNew YorkUnited Sates :::
“He said to play at 7am, right?” the pre-teen grumbled to himself, scratching the back of his head; his hair disheveled from an uncomfortable night sleeping with his feline companion.
I can’t believe I’m doing this, thought Ryoma.
Hidden by shadows that daylight had not clear, the senior Echizen was lurking; watching his son turn on his Wii, he cackled softly to himself.
“I knew he would come.”
-
-
-
::: Saturday, 6:03pm, Prefecture, Japan :::
It was pretty pathetic to admit, but Sakuno was exhausted from only a few minutes playing against her opponent.
True, she hadn’t played in a while, but her experience as a Wii Tennis player made her a pro. When she first got her Wii, she played every evening after she finished her homework.
Who was this mystery player?
She never gave her friend code out to anyone except–
No, it couldn’t be, she assured. It isn’t, it’s not possible.
But her opponent confirmed what her thoughts could not. Her pigtailed WiiMii, dolled in pink, could only flail about the court, cowering before her foe. Her foe, with a white cap and dark, messy hair partly covering the eyes, he never faltered in returning her serves.
Something inside her told her that it was him.
She could even imagine him, somewhere in front of a television, smirking and saying his favorite catchphrase…
-
-
-
::: Saturday, 7:05am, York City, YorkStates:::
“…Mada mada dane, Ryuuzaki.”
-
-
-
-
-
BRiiiiNG! BRiiiiNG!
“Hello?”
“Good work, old hag.”
“Yeah, yeah. Say… how’d you convince Ryoma to play? And at 7 o’clock in the morning on a Saturday?”
“Please, it was easy. No one knows Ryoma better than his perverted oyaji, ne?”
-
-
-
Fin.
--------------
A/N: Thank you for reading! Oh wow, that was terrible! Anyways, hope it entertained you.
Sorry if I screwed up that whole time zone stuff or the whole Wii WiFi thing. I actually have never used Wii WiFi for WiiSports, but I’ve watched my brothers use if for Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Feel free to leave a review! Criticism is appreciated, compliments are liked more but I can’t be picky. :DDD