Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Streets ❯ Summer Streets ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A quick writing-practice thing. Asked three people in my class for a word and wrote a FujiRyo based off it. See how often I use my words in it!
 
As always, feel free to correct me on who calls who what. I lack in knowledge.
 
Title: Summer Streets
Rating: G
Prompt: tired huh why
Summary: It was the middle of summer, and Ryoma was tired.
Pairing: FujiRyo
Words: 381
Fanfic:
 
Ryoma sat on the bench and sighed. It was the middle of summer and there was nothing to do. He'd already exhausted tennis al least until lunch—his screaming muscles wouldn't have it any other way—and the nearest restaurant was a long bus ride away. Maybe he'd take a quick na—
“Tired?”
 
Ryoma's head popped back. “Huh?”
 
“You look tired.” The brunette sat on the other portion of the bench.
 
“It's Fuji-senpai.” Ryoma's eyes crossed as his groggy mid-summer brain processed the information.
 
Fuji laughed. “So, why is a guy like you in a place like this?”
 
“I was playing street tennis,” Ryoma answered groggily, rubbing his eyes; now was not the time to fall asleep. “But it's lunch time.”
 
“Indeed it is,” Fuji's smiled changed to his look-of-epiphany smile. “Say, why don't we get lunch together?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Is there something wrong with two friends meeting on the street and deciding to make a good time out of it?”
 
Ryoma smiled a bit sleepily. “Why not?”
 
The bus they were waiting for came up at the exactly right moment.
 
“So,” Fuji continued as Ryoma plopped down on a comfortable bus seat, opting to stand in front of the (slightly) smaller tennis aficionado. “Why wasn't Momo with you? He's who one generally thinks of when it comes to this sort of thing?”
 
“Huh?” Ryoma yawned. “Can't a guy play tennis on his own?”
 
“Fair enough.” Fuji shrugged a little. “Why didn't you ask me to come along?”
 
“I didn't know you liked street tennis.”
 
“I like tennis in general.” Fuji pointed out.
 
“Okay, my turn,” Ryoma leaned forward. “Why were you out there today?”
 
“I'm stalking you.” Fuji's voice was flat, with no hint of sarcasm or sincerity.
 
“Why were you really out there?” Ryoma gave the older boy a look.
 
“Seriously?” Ryoma nodded. “I saw you on the street and decided to follow you.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because it's the middle of summer and there's nothing to do.” Fuji looked away. “When I saw you weren't doing anything interesting, I decided to do something.”
 
“All in the name of boredom.” Ryoma leaned back. “Cheers to that.”
 
“And I get a free lunch.”
 
Ryoma gave Fuji a look as they got off the bus. “You're crazy if you think I'm paying for you.”