Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ A murder, a kidnapping and false accusations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trapped
 
By. Enzeru
 
Disclaimer. Everyone here knows how much I don't own POT, right? And I don't own Katzutaka Muraki.
 
An. Beta edited by Trumpet-Geek… Thankies.
 
 
Chapter Three: A murder, a kidnapping and false accusations.
 
 
 
The limo stopped outside an office building and the driver let Ryoma out. Ryoma went inside and took the elevator up to the tenth floor where Mr. Thomson had his office. Inside he found was soft music playing. He leaned against the wall as he listened with his eyes closed and a smile on his face.
 
He was so happy and he even managed to enjoy his life at this point. To have found a great friend in Kevin was not something he had expected at all, but he was truly grateful for it. He had not been alone his first days in America because of him.
 
And to have met his adopted brother again and actually spending time together had been surprisingly fun. He really liked his brother; he was a little annoying, but really fun to be around for the most part. He could see Kevin and Ryoga get along great from the start. There was just something about the two that seemed to fit together, like two puzzle pieces.
 
All he could hope for was that his baka oyaji didn't destroy anything there. He really could be annoying. He would never, ever understand how his mother could handle him. He supposed she was just one of those miracle women who had nerves of steel and a thread of patience several miles long.
 
Soon there was a ping as the elevator reached the floor of the office. The doors opened and as he stepped out, Mr. Thomson's secretary met him on her way out.
 
“Good evening, Miss Mason. Are you leaving? Am I late?” Ryoma felt confused, although it wouldn't surprise him if he were.
 
“Ah! Hello Ryoma. No, you're not late. Mr. Thomson just told me I could quit early tonight since you're his last appointment anyway. You just go right in; he's expecting you. Oh, and congratulations on your success. I hope you get far. `Bye now.” Ryoma saw her wave at him when the doors to the elevator closed. He smiled. She was a nice person, but he thought she could do better than to be someone's secretary. She was very educated; she had told him how she had gone to Harvard Law. Ryoma shrugged and turned to go to the office.
 
He knocked the door and, as he heard Mr. Thomson call out for him to enter, he did. He went up to the desk and sat down, facing his sponsor.
 
“Welcome, Ryoma. How are you today?” Ryoma nodded his usual greeting for the man.
 
“Well, anyway. We have come up with a new line of clothing and I had hoped you would find some of it in your taste.” They sat there looking at pictures and Ryoma voiced that he liked the clothes he was shown. After about thirty minutes, they had decided on the clothes that Ryoma would wear and Ryoma felt good about it. He liked the clothes he got from his sponsor. They were all great fit and felt nice.
 
“Thank you, Mr. Thomson. I'll wait for the delivery and do my best in the games. I guess that's it for tonight then?” Mr. Thomson nodded.
 
`I guess Katzutaka's busy since he didn't get here already. Lucky for Ryoma. Now I hope he manages to get out before Katzutaka gets here and sees him. I made this happen as quickly as I could by not having Ryoma try the clothes and I can only hope that was enough.'
 
“Yes, that's all. I'll see you soon, then. You can find your own way out, right?” Ryoma nodded and went for the door, but just a few steps short, the door burst open and in stepped the creepy man from before. The man closed the door after he and a person who seemed like a servant or chauffer stepped inside. Ryoma couldn't stop the shudder going through him as the grey eye once again seemed to stare right into him. He unconsciously backed away a few steps.
 
“Mr. Thomson. I hope you weren't just going to let this little beauty leave before I got here? Because I know you would never risk doing something that would anger me.” He looked ready for murder, by the look he shot Ryoma's sponsor.
 
“Ah, but.. I mean.. We were just done with our meeting, what would you have me do? I couldn't really keep him here by force.”
 
“Oh, and why would you not have been able to do that? Really, you disappoint me. After so many years of being loyal, now you turn on me?” Mr. Thomson shook his head, but Katzutaka focused on Ryoma instead and walked towards the obviously shivering boy. Ryoma backed up, but soon hit the desk and could get no further. The tall man walked right up to him and trapped him in place by putting his hands on the desk at Ryoma's sides, while leaning his face close to the youth's. His mouth was just beside Ryoma's ear as he spoke.
 
“Are you afraid of me, boy?” Ryoma was starting to shake like a leaf, scared of the man trapping him.
 
“I think you are. You're definitely afraid of me. I can smell your fear.” He licked Ryoma's neck and smirked at the tiny whimper he got as a reward for the action.
 
“I can taste your fear, and it's purely delicious. The taste of innocence. I will enjoy breaking you and making you mine.” He grabbed Ryoma's chin with his glove-clad hand and claimed the untouched lips in a fierce kiss. Ryoma whimpered and held his lips clamped shut tightly, but as the man put a hard pressure on his jaw with the hand on his chin, Ryoma gasped from the pain and Katzutaka forced his tongue inside.
 
This made Ryoma snap out of his frozen state and he bit down on the offending piece of flesh hard enough to draw blood. Then he pushed the man back so he could slip past him to make a break for the door, but he was soon grabbed by the man, who still stood by the door. The man grabbed Ryoma's hands and held them behind his back so Ryoma could not move.
 
“Hold him; we'll take him with us. I'm sorry, Mr. Thomson, but you will have to lose your new cash cow, I'm afraid, as he is now coming with me.” Katzutaka glared at the sponsor with a trickle of blood running down his chin.
 
“What the fuck are you talking ab-” Ryoma was hit on the side of his head by his captor so hard that he got dizzy. Katzutaka neared him and lifted his chin to talk to him.
 
“What I am talking about, my dear little pet, is the fact that you will from this day on belong to me. You will belong to me, do whatever I say, and above all, you will never meet your friends and family again. That is what the fuck I'm talking about.” Ryoma's eyes were huge and he looked truly afraid. Mr. Thomson chose that moment to interfere.
 
“But you can't. That's not possible! Right now, he's participating in the U.S. Open. You can't just take him. People will understand something is wrong about this and the police will look into kidnapping, and as I'm the last person to see him, I will be a suspect. I'm sure of it. And I can't think that would be good for you, right? If I get in trouble I mean.” Katzutaka smirked took out a paper from his coat.
 
“This is a lab result with a positive result for steroids. So finding this on your desk will tell the police following. `Ryoma was tested positive for steroid use and, in his rage for being accused for drug use, he goes mad, grabs a gun here in the office registered to you and shoots you. As he then realizes what he has done, he flees, never to be seen again. He'll be a teenager on the run from the police for the murder he supposedly committed.' That's how I shall get away with taking him with me.” Mr. Thomson looked deathly pale. He didn't want to know, but he asked anyway.
 
“I d-d-don't have a gun, so h.-h-how exactly will this work?” Katzutaka reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun and pointed it straight at Mr. Thomson.
 
“Well, first we need you dead,” he said and shot him straight between the eyes. Behind him, Ryoma screamed. He let the gun drop to the floor to make sure Mr. Thomson died.
 
“Noooo!” Ryoma screamed as he saw the man fall down, blood pouring down his face. He pulled his leg up and kicked the man holding him in the shin and pulled out of the grip on his arms. With tears running down his face and in sheer panic, he threw himself at the gun and pointed it at Katzutaka who turned, looking at him with a sickeningly amused look on his face.
 
“You bastard!” Ryoma screamed and pulled the trigger, and… click…He looked at the gun and tried again… click… click.. click click click.
 
“No, no, noo!” He sobbed as Katzutaka walked up to him Ryoma shook out of fear so much that he dropped the gun. He felt a stinging pain in his neck as everything turned dark.
 
“Good boy, those fingerprints will do just fine on this beautiful gun I have registered on Mr. Thomson. Come now, let's leave. We have a plane to catch and this patient of mine needs to be taken to the right hospital.” Katzutaka lifted Ryoma in his arms and they left., totally ignoring the security cameras as they went since they are not active at the moment. The late Mr. Thomson knew not to have his security on as he was expecting a visit from Katzutaka, or at least that's what Katzutaka believes.
 
That was the last day of Ryoma's life before he entered Hell.
 
 
Japan, five days after the incident.
 
Tezuka sat at his computer while Fuji sat on his bed, reading a book. They where doing research for a school project that was going to be finished by graduation. All the regulars had been waiting for Echizen to respond to their mail. They had tried to, well, Momo and Eiji had been calling him a dozen times but no answer had come.
 
Fuji and Tezuka were the level-headed ones, but now they where curious and had decided to go on the net to watch American sport news.
 
“Ne, Tezuka… I truly envy you…” As Tezuka didn't respond he took it as a sign to continue.
 
“You got to play a serious game against Ryoma before he left. All I got was half a practice match. I never really got to try my strength against him before he went to the pro circuit. He might just be a rookie, but he is still playing amongst the elite in pro tennis. I should envy him but I don't. I envy you and all of those who gets to play against him over there.” Tezuka glanced back at Fuji, who didn't seem to notice his familiar way of talking about Ryoma.
 
“You can always challenge him once he gets back,” was Tezuka's short answer. Fuji smiled at the thought.
 
“Aa, maybe I can be the first to play against him once he gets back home.” Soon Tezuka found what he was looking for, News clips concerning the U.S. Open.
 
“Fuji, it's ready.” Fuji smiled as he grabbed the extra chair and sat next to Tezuka. They saw a few clips showing Ryoma's victories, nothing strange so far, but then they saw a headline that made them both freeze.
 
“`Teenage tennis prodigy suspect for drug use and wanted for murder.'
 
The suspect has been on the run since early evening on September the third when his sponsor Harry Thomson was murdered in his office. The murder happen during the time the young Ryoma Echizen was currently with him for a meeting. The police have found a document on the desk with a lab result showing positive results for steroids in the blood of one Ryoma Echizen. Also, the gun used to kill Harry Thomson was covered with the boy's fingerprints. The police suspect that Ryoma Echizen shot his sp
onsor because he approached him with those results. Young Echizen Ryoma is a twelve-year-old…”
 
Tezuka and Fuji stopped watching by then and they both where in a state of shock. They could only think one thing.
 
 
`There's no way that is true. Ryoma loves tennis more than anything else and he would never taint that with the presence of drugs. But then where is he?'
 
They looked at each other, both with expressions of concern, which was something highly unusual for the both of them. But now it was the baby of the Seigaku regulars they were talking of and that worried the two players.
 
“We need to tell the others,” was all Fuji said as he rose and walked out the door with Tezuka on his heels. They had to tell the others but what on earth were they going to say?
 
America, a week after the incident
 
Ryoga and Kevin sat in Ryoma's room, taking care of Karupin, who seemed to know something was wrong as her boy had been gone so long and the boy's family was acting very strange. She went to Kevin, who seemed lost in thought, and pushed on his hand with her nose to show him comfort in the only way she could.
 
“Oh, Karupin. You know so well, don't you? He's missing and the accusations made against him are absurd. How can they even begin to accuse a twelve year old of that?” Ryoga looked at Kevin sympathetically and walked over to his place on the bed sitting down next to him, holding him tight.
 
“That is how this world works, Kevin. All we can do now is try and make the people see that Ryoma would never do that. Tennis is sacred to him and drugs… I don't even think he has any knowledge of drugs whatsoever, aside from the use of them being bad.” Kevin relaxed in Ryoga's arms and petted Karupin softly. The three needed all the comfort they could get. Rinko cried all the time and Nanjiroh hadn't spoken in days; he just held his wife.
 
The only person Nanjiroh had actually spoken to was the lawyer he had hired to defend Ryoma in his absence. He couldn't believe it. He blamed himself. If he had not said yes for Ryoma to enter this thing in the first place, they would still be home in Japan and Ryoma would be playing with Seigaku in the Nationals. He screwed up big time. There was no trace of Ryoma and his prints were all over the gun. But drugs? He was twelve for God's sake. He barely knew what drugs were. His boy… What was he doing now? Was he even alive? He wouldn't rest until his son was found and back home.
 
Japan, a week after the incident.
 
“Why? Why can't we go there and help? The police there don't want to help him. They just want to get him in prison for something he would never ever do. I wanna help Ochibi! Nyah.” Eiji was really upset by this whole thing. He always had such strong feelings for the little boy; he was like a little brother. Eiji had clung to him almost as soon as he entered Seigaku.
 
Eiji was a person with tons of love to give and he showed his love for everyone. Okay, so he would never dare to glomp Kaidoh, obviously, as he would get his head cut off. And, well, he had too much respect for Tezuka to do that to the stoic captain. And Inui was doubtful since he didn't want to risk getting one of his drinks for lunch one day. Oishi's voice cut through his thoughts.
 
“Eiji, please calm down. You know there is no way for us to do anything. The only thing we can do is pray and keep our hopes up, for Echizen's sake.” Eiji started trembling and then he started crying softly as he put his head in his hands.
 
“I-I know that, Syuichiroh. D-datte, I feel so helpless right now. Why has this happened to Ochibi? Doushite?” Oishi sat down by Eiji and held him close letting him cry into his chest.
 
“I don't know, but Echizen is strong… A-and he needs us to be strong for him as well… So we should not cry for him, right?” Oishi said as he, too, cried for his lost kouhai. It hurt Oishi to see his doubles partner like this. They all wanted to know what had happened to Ryoma but they where all still too young to be able to do anything. Sometimes he truly hated being a kid.
 
TBC…
 
XxXxX POT XxXxX
 
AN. Thank you for the reviews I got. I love them.
 
I hope you liked this chapter, from now there will be angst and the chapters will show small parts from all the people involved and how they handle the next five years.
So I will climb through these five years with a steady pace, but not to fast.
This first part of the series is mostly about these five years and the thoughts from all the people involved.
 
Ja mata ne
 
Enzeru