Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Why? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own PoT much to my disappointment. =( oh well. i own the plot. close enough

Fuji waited patiently for Atobe-sama to call him. Apparently there was a BIG meeting that Fuji wasn't aware of (just because stupid Atobe hadn't told him about it).

"Fuji-san. Atobe-sama wants you in the conference room." a voice said over the intercom. It was most likely Atobe's sectetary.

Fuji got up and walked towards the conference room. Or what he thought was the conference room.

"Oof!" Fuji bumped into a solid body and fell back onto his bum.
"Fuji-senpai?" A voice asked cautiously.
"Echizen?" Fuji asked in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"
"My manager wants Atobe & Co. to sponsor me." Echizen replied.
"Oh. Where are you heading?" Fuji asked.
"Conference room."
"Then why...? Oh. Never mind." Fuji said realizing his mistake.
"Walk with me?" Echizen asked.
"Huh? Oh. Okay." Fuji replied a little distracted.

They walked in silence for a while.

"Hey Fuji-senpai --."
"Don't call me senpai anymore. I'm not your senpai now am I?" Fuji asked.
Echizen pondered this for a second. Then he shook his head. "I guess not. Anyways. You seem distracted........Fuji-san."
Fuji smiled. "There you go. Calling me Fuji-san shouldn't be that hard now."
Ryoma frowned. "You didn't answer my question."
"You asked a question? I believe it was more of a statement, ne?"
"No. It was a question. And you didn't answer it yet." Echizen answered with his usual cockiness.
"It seems you haven't changed Echizen."
Echizen narrowed his eyes. "You're avoiding my question."
"Am I now?" Fuji said lightly.
"Yes. I still expect an answer Fuji-san." And with that, Echizen walked away towards the conference room.

Fuji stood there in disbelief. Then he shook his head. He had to get to the cofnerence room before Echizen. Luckily for him, he knew some shortcuts.

_______________________________________________________ ________

Fuji arrived to the conference only a few seconds before Echizen did. Smiling smugly to Echizen, Fuji sat down next to Atobe and Echizen took his place further down the table.

"Atobe-sama. Today we would like to discuss you sponsoring Echizen-san."
"Why should I support Echizen-san?" Atobe asked all briskly and everything. "There are a lot of other buisness out there that are willing to support Echizen-san. Adidas wants to support him."
"Yes but Echizen-san insisted that we'd come see you first and see if you'd sponsor him."
Fuji's eyebrows shot up. Echizen requested Atobe & Co.? Why the hell would you request this Cooperation? They wern't a sports cooperation. Hell, they were just a financial buisness.
"Well. Echizen-san. Why did you request my cooperation then?"
Echizen shrugged. "I don't like Adidas. And you're the biggest buisness around. It would be good for my image if you sponsor me."
Atobe-sama smirked. Image huh? What would happen if he didn't sponsor Echizen then? "Fuji. What do you think?"
"Huh? Oh. Well while it would be good for Echizen-san's image, I think it would be better if Echizen-san got a sport cooperation to sponsor him seeing as he plays tennis and we're a buisness cooperation. Yuya-san, why don't you get 'wilson' to sponsor you instead? 'Wilson' is a tennis sport cooperation and it would be good for Echizen-san's image." Fuji offered.
"We already asked. 'Wilson' is already sponsoring Tezuka-san." Yuya-san said.

'Wilson' was sponsoring Tezuka? Since when? Fuji hadn't known about this. Damn. Tezuka really was drifting away from him. Fuji blinked a couple of times to keep the few tears that appeared from falling.

"Oh. Are there any other sports cooperation that want to sponsor him besides Adidas?" Fuji asked.
"Yes. Nike wants to sponsor him too."
"Well, there you go Echizen-san."
"I don't like Nike. They suck." Echizen replied curtly.
Yuya-san sighed. "It seems like Echizen-san doesn't want to budge. Stubborn kid."
Fuji turned to Atobe and asked "What do you think Atobe?"
"Fine. We'll sponsor Echizen-san."
Yuya-san stood up and bowed deeply towards Atobe-sama and Fuji. Echizen did the same too though he didn't it kind of lazily.

__________________________________________________________ _____

A/N: I know this sucks but it just came to me and I was like whatever, I'll do it. Plus there was nothing else to do.