Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Mononoke Rebirth ❯ The Prince's Revenge ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Prince's Revenge
 
Ashitaka slowly stood still when he heard Keirtoro's question, when he then was occurred with childhood flashbacks of his father's brutal murder.
“You…killed my father.” Ashitaka breathed harshly under his voice.
“That's right; I tried to kill every last immortal on this earth that will ruin my plans, it happens that your father was on the list. Feeling angry yet?” Ashitaka gritted his teeth secretly as he turned back to Keirtoro.
“Ashitaka no! All of us will die if we don't get out of here! This is insane!” Sasuke clutched onto Ashitaka's cloth and pulled him towards his face, Ashitaka then calmly looked at him.
“Take San, and find a way out of here.” Ashitaka firmly ordered him. Sasuke stared into his eyes and knew that this had to be done.
“You just hurry.” Sasuke added at the end with a small depressing sigh, as he took San into his grasp and ran back down to the floor. Ashitaka then stared at Keirtoro wretchedly, and clenched his fists tightly, as he then walked up to Keirtoro slowly when he saw the monster got up from his place.
“So, what's gonna happen now huh?” Keirtoro asked but Ashitaka stared at him evilly, Keirtoro then cocked out a pistol from his side, when also Ashitaka unleashed San's dagger to Keirtoro's neck, the two stared at each other vividly as the lightening suddenly struck down, with the orange haze still brewing strong. “No weapons.” Keirtoro commanded. Ashitaka remained staring at him, when then he was the first to loosen his weapon, when then did Keirtoro, they both bent down to put down their weapons safely, but then Keirtoro quickly dropped his gun and thrashed Ashitaka in his left cheek that made him stun a little. Ashitaka grunted as he stumbled, he tried to punch Keirtoro back, but then his arm was pulled in and then felt another hit in the stomach; his eyes broadened by the pain that he took in, and was then uppercut in the chin. He felt the sudden strike thrust him unexpectedly as his head flicked up and the taste of blood sprinkled his throat. Keirtoro tried to get another shot, but then his arm was pulled in and Ashitaka hardly lifted his right elbow and smacked it into Keirtoro's lips. Ashitaka panted as there was a pink heat rash by the side of his lip, but Keirtoro chuckled dryly when he lifted his head back up and smiled maliciously as Ashitaka.
“Do you really think you can beat me, boy?”
“Yes I do, and I'll make sure that you'll regret what you did to me!” Ashitaka then lifted his fist and tried to collide it into Keirtoro, but suddenly it was blocked when he locked his wrist into his grasp. He then forcefully shoved his left fist across Ashitaka when then there was the first sight of blood floating out from his mouth, he suddenly thrust him to one side as Ashitaka plummeted to the floor. The prince shuddered a little as he raised his top half from the ground; he looked at Keirtoro with his livid eyes as he wiped away the blood from his lips.
 
“What about Ashitaka?” Motoko panicked a little when she saw Sasuke holding onto San with his hands. He sighed as he looked up to the ceiling.
“He want's to fight Keirtoro alone. Motoko went pale a little and looked at the ferocious inferno scorching their exits slowly, with then sparks soaring in the air and passing on to the forest.
“But we need him! If the fire carries on blowing, then it will destroy the forest! We and including San will lose our homes!” Then there was a sudden groan that came from Sasuke's chest, but it was too feminine fir it to be Sasuke. San then blinked her eyes and looked up at him.
“San! You're still alive!” She looked once more and saw Motoko looking down on her as well. But suddenly her dozy eyes became widened with fear and jerked off Sasuke.
“Where's Ashitaka?!” Sasuke sighed again and looked at the roof; San looked up at the roof and saw Ashitaka grunting a little.
“Ashitaka!” she dashed to him, but Sasuke held her shoulders back.
“No San! Ashitaka must do this alone!”
“If he fights alone, he will die!
 
Ashitaka wiped away the last bit of blood from his lips and stared at Keirtoro.
“My powers may be gone, but I am still strong enough to beat you!”
“No you're not!” Ashitaka dashed towards Keirtoro and tried to swing his first hit on him, yet he failed with a block of his arms, but then he swiped them away and uppercut him. Keirtoro shook a little from the strength of the punch. Ashitaka then strived to kick him in the stomach, suddenly his leg was forced down and Keirtoro's fist collided into his stomach, and his body was lifted from the ground, flipped over and was slammed onto the ground. Ashitaka growled when he fell, but then there was a screeching wince from his voice as a foot was harshly stomped into the place where he was hit. His eyes broadened and his lips pursed when he felt the sudden needle pain through his internals. Foot was lifted back up from the ground, and Ashitaka back flipped away from Keirtoro before the next stomp hit him once more. Ashitaka panted heavily for air as the sweat began to drip from his face, he also tasted more blood in his mouth that took a cause through his tongue.
“Hurts, doesn't it?” Keirtoro sneered at him, but Ashitaka clenched his fists even more and gritted his teeth.
“I don't care how much this hurts! The only thing that matters now is that you're dead MY reckoning!!”
“I'd love to see you try!” Ashitaka dashed to him once more and managed to miss a few of his maneuvers, yet no matter how he missed Keirtoro, he always prepared another punch for him. The hits still came soaring into Keirtoro, as so as well for Ashitaka, but both of them were skillfully missed, as Ashitaka swiped away Keirtoro's arms and his arms blocked off as well, then he bend low, and tried to swoop his leg low in a circle to trip him up, but that failed as well when he jump away from him, so he rose back up and carried on striving to thrust his fists at him. But then the chain of attacks was brought to a pause when then Ashitaka felt a clutch on his left collar. Keirtoro then ripped down a tear from his kimono causing it to fray away to see his bare chest and a small sight of his sleeves, and then he was kicked once more in the stomach, but with so much power, it frittered his kimono into small fragments of fabric, with only parts of it still lingering on him. Ashitaka was then thrown to the ground again; his limbs shuddered a little before he rose back up with dirt smeared over him.
“I never forgot that day…when I was thirteen…you slaughtered my father for what could only be a mere prophet.”
“And right you are saying what a mere prophet I came to commence with; no immortal had ever stopped me yet and it won't stop me now.” Ashitaka wheezed in air silently to regain breathing in his lungs.
 
“Someone stop him before he's dead!” San pleaded as she was still attached to Sasuke, he thought to himself for a moment, until he came to a final decision.
“Ashitaka needs our help!” he stated as he released San. She then ran up back to the main building where Ashitaka and Keirtoro are still fighting. Motoko looked at Sasuke when he then reached out his hand to her.
“Motoko, we need you too.” She then slowly grasped his hand, when then Sasuke clutched hers tightly and pulled her body in and began to run to Ashitaka, with their hands till connected.
 
Ashitaka still panted heavily for air, when then San ran towards him from a far distance.
“Ashitaka!!”
“San?!” His thoughts became distracted by seeing the wild girl he was fondly infatuated with. But Keirtoro then came swooping in with his fist and smacked it across Ashitaka's cheek bone, and made him groan immensely. He looked back up at Keirtoro as he snarled back down at him.
“You can't save the world Ashitaka, one day it will crumble to ruins by humans reckoning.” Ashitaka gritted his teeth when then blood trickled from his mouth that drooled down one side; he looked away when the monster smirked at him. “You're still trying to deny that it hurts so much, and I thought The Kira was a bit too much for you too handle. Well why not? He's a pathetic embarrassment of a guardian of the earth.”
“Hey! Don't speak like that about Sasuke!” Keirtoro turned around slowly when he heard Motoko's voice blasted into his ear at a quite far distance. “Yes, he is a killer, but now I know why he is like that; it's because people like you have degraded him down to nothing! And ever since I stayed with him, he is one of my closest friends now, and that is something you can't degrade!”
“That's rich coming from a human bounty hunter! You capture others to get paid! You are the biggest hypocrite I know!” Keirtoro snapped at her, but then San ran closer to him.
“You are no better yourself!”
“So, you're saying I'm wrong? That I am much worse than human?”
“That's right!”
“You are the feeblest fake of a `wolf'.” Ashitaka then tackled him down to the floor and then rising back up, looking up at San.
“Are you alright San?” She nodded back at the reply. But then Ashitaka was kicked again and punched in the face, he spat out more blood that stained the floor. Ashitaka then began to run forward and tried to throw a various amount of rabbit hooks and side kicks, but they all keep missing. And then he was forced to be slammed into the floor once more. Ashitaka laid there for moments, which blood tainted on his lips and dirt and sweat covering his body. He felt numb, like he couldn't move an inch, instead all he could do was moan.
“You are by far most the worse human of them all; thinking that you're better than the rest by trying to save the world, what is your purpose in all of this?”
“To see with eyes unclouded by hate.” Ashitaka groaned back.
“Hate? You know a lot about that don't you?” Ashitaka on the ground with his eyes closed. “No matter how hard you try; your hands will ALWAYS be stained by hate.” Ashitaka then gradually, but finally, rose up to his feet one more.
“Hate didn't forge the world together; it's what drives us apart. And that hate is what deprives me most about YOU!!” He then ran into him and for once, managed to thrash him in the stomach that made him wince, and then he thumped him even harder and angrier than the next, and made him rise from the ground and slammed back down. Keirtoro became infuriated and felt anger more dangerous than his throws of punches.
“If you think you can win you're wrong!!” But then Ashitaka stood still when he saw Keirtoro cocking out a fully loaded pistol.
“No boy…I KNOW I can win.”
“You can't fight by the rules; you're a discourse to the name `warrior'!”
“Careful Ashitaka, or else you will end up with a bullet through your cheek.” Keirtoro pointed the gun at him evilly. “Say goodbye to your lover!” Ashitaka stared at San with her worrying eyes, but then he heard panting coming his way, A thrust then came and pushed him to one side when a bullet was fired, it then struck through the heart of the man who struck Ashitaka out of the way. It was Sasuke. He stuttered for a moment as he eyes broadened when he felt a numbing pain striking through his chest; the bullet hit his heart, which only meant one thing…
Motoko grew pale and gasped at what happen with her jaw wide open, San slapped her hands round her mouth with disbelief, and Ashitaka stared at Sasuke with cold sweat running down his forehead. Sasuke got his balance under control, and slowly looked at Keirtoro, the monster with the gun gave him a scold, but Sasuke, for once, for many years, gave him, not a malicious one, but a light-hearted smile. He then started to lean his head back and let his body weight tip backwards. Ashitaka gasped heavily and caught him before he fell, when he saw the small hole through the middle of his chest, and he knew, that one strike through the heart, can kill an immortal.