Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma 1/2/Rayearth: Moving On ❯ Chapter One: Greetings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Moving On"
Chapter One: Greetings
By Ranma Inverse
Originally dedicated to: Noah
Revision and continuation dedicated to: The Fans Who Kept Asking
Note: ~.~ I know, I know, in the Rayearth series Hikaru is in junior high, but still! In this fanfic she's older! ^_^ And, The way an author writes characters is how and what they think of them, so if my interpretations a bit different from yours, understand? x.x Also, I'm rewriting this series, and THEN I'll continue it, okay? One of my highest objectives in rewriting this is to FIX THE PLOTHOLES!!!!!!

----

A young girl dropped her books and stared at her brothers. "What...What do you mean?" Her eyes looked confused, and she bent down to pick up her books. She set them on the table next to her and looked at her eldest brother. "Satoru, what...?"

Satoru smiled gently and put his hand on his young sisters red hair. "We want you to go to Nerima to attend a high school there, Hikaru, we think you've been having enough pressure by your peers here." Hikaru shook her head in reply to Satoru's statement. True, because of visiting Cephiro twice she had changed, and a lot of the time would drift off into dreamland. True, people at school avoided her and teased her about her eyes and other peculiar things about her, but that didn't hurt her. At least, she wished it didn't.

"Why Nerima?" she asked.

"Because it's one of the few places that I could find with a way to have you stay and still afford it."

The visits to Tokyo Tower as a reunion meeting point were losing its value. Fuu and Umi barely ever came to visit there now. Kikaru and Masaru looked at Hikaru, eyes filled with concern for their little sister. Hikaru looked up at Satoru once more, and sighed at her eldest brother. "Alright, I will go."

. . .

During an abnormally calm dinner in the house of the Tendo family, where the two Saotomes stayed, news was brought as well. "You remember that offer for housing one other person we put in the newspaper? Someone recently called and took the offer up. The man's name was Satoru Shidou. He wanted to know if his sister could be allowed to stay here, and he would pay the fees," the father of the Tendo daughters spoke.

"Daddy, we can't fit any more people," Nabiki said dryly, while picking at what was left of her food.

"We have to, because of all the damage that's been caused lately by...the problems that have popped up lately...we need to be able to afford things other than fixing them." Tendo said.

Akane grumbled. "...Then Mr. Saotome and Ranma should pay for it!"

Tendo gave her a look before going back to eating his food.

"I think having a new person will bring about a nice change, father," Kasumi smiled brightly. "What's the girl's name?"

"Hikaru Shidou. She's arriving tomorrow, but she'll come in the middle of the day - so you wont see her until after school, I think."

Kasumi and Nabiki spoke at the same time: "Did Mr. Shidou tell you what she's like?"

. . .

Hikaru stared at the scene before her. She had knocked on the door - to be greeted by a panda. A panda.

And now the panda was playing some sort of board game with someone who had introduced himself as Mr. Tendo. A very sweet-looking woman poured her tea. "...Um..."

"You're probably very confused right now. Anyone would be...and father doesn't want to interrupt the game to explain. This is the house you'll be staying at, but there are a few things that are different from the households you've been in. Father has three daughters, Nabiki, Akane, and myself and Mr. Saotome - the panda - has a son named Ranma that stays here as well. Nabiki, Akane, and Ranma are at school right now," Kasumi spoke. Much more than many had ever really heard her speak at once. "They attend the school you'll be going to as well."

"Kasumi, why don't you take her there and help her get things set up so she can attend school tomorrow, if you're not busy? You can explain everything else to her on the way." Tendo moved one of the playing pieces on the board.

Kasumi nodded. "Yes, father," she stood up and straightened her dress before leading Hikaru out the door and to the school as she explained the curses and family troubles of the Tendos and Saotomes.

When they arrived, Kasumi looked at the clock and a worried expression formed on her face. Hikaru blinked. "Is something wrong?"

".... It's lunch time."

"What's the problem with that?" Hikaru began to ask as a loud crashing noise filled the area, along with jumbled voices that were getting closer. Kasumi took Hikaru's shoulder and (as politely as she could) made her move a few steps back. The regular chaotic Ranma group at the high school was doing it again, and trampled across the spot where Hikaru and Kasumi previously had been.

"Kasumi...?"

"Well, I suppose we should get going!"

. . .

"Hey, where's Kasumi? She hasn't been here since we got back from school," Akane looked at her father as everyone ate the dinner Ranma and Saotome had made. As if on cue, the door opened and Kasumi entered with someone following closely behind, carrying the equipment and uniforms required by the school she would attend.

"Ah! So there she is. Genma and I were beginning to wonder what had happened to the both of you," Tendo commented.

All eyes went to the unknown girl. Kasumi took a step away from her before gesturing to her and saying, "This is Hikaru Shidou. She'll be staying with us for awhile."


----------------------------

Song listened to while writing this: DDR - Mr. Wonderful, and Michelle Branch - You Set Me Free.