Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Who is Ranma? ❯ Whose Ranma? ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Genma-panda paused to look at a little old monk. The man was the catalyst of butt-ugly, which is what caused Genma to stop in the first place.
The monk looked up into the eyes of the panda carrying a young redhead on his shoulders. Like being hit by lightning, he was struck by a stray bolt of lightning on lightly raining afternoon.
When the majority of the smoke and tang of ozone dispersed, the panda kicked at the monk's fallen form. Seeing no reactions, he rifled through the man's pockets, thinking, `Waste not, want not.' For any with an IQ above Genma's they would realize the flaw in his logic.
Being a gluttonous and thieving fool, Genma snatched away the robe, nine-ringed staff and even his dome-shaped stray hat. So engrossed in his pilfering was he, that he didn't notice the approaching police until one tapped him on the shoulder. “Marrr” Genma intoned, suspecting the offender was his son.
When he turned around he froze. A light gust of wind passed through the narrow street.
Slowly the officer backed away, before hauling at full tilt. He should have listened to his mother when she insisted he remain in Tomobiki, rather than transferring to Furinkan.
With the local law gone, Genma turned back to his pilfering, until the monk had only his underwear to his name, and that was because Genma couldn't remove them before the monk began to stir.
Two blocks away, resting atop a rooftop, Genma searched each item he lifted. `Surely, the old monk had something worth a few yen…' Genma puzzled out. Granted the staff alone was worth a substantial amount, it could only purchase so much sake.
While picking through the skeletal remains of the monk's cloak, Genma found a sheet of paper advertising a Shinto Shrine in Juuban, and at the bottom it even said it could cure one's curse or heal one's illness.
Had Genma not destroyed every last working brain cell, he might have realized the color difference between the two advertisements; one being an aged white, the other a crisp, new blue.
 
****
Brought to you by that guy who has yet to finish a fanfic,
 
Disclaimer: Ranma is to Rumiko Takahashi, as Sailor Moon is to Naoko Takeuchi
 
Storyline: Most everything in Ranma 1/2 has already happened, with a slight adjustment. Genma and Ranma made a detour in their training trip to study under Grandpa Hino (Genma also sells his son to marry Rei… Like you didn't see that coming). All the major story arcs have occurred the only difference is, Ranma doesn't have a homicidal B**** as his fiancée. The Ryugenzawa arc happened but it happened during one of Ranma's training missions, and Akane stayed with Shinnosuke, as she didn't know Ranma. Ranma has been going to Juuban High (when he goes to school, that is) and is one year older than the Inner Senshi. By combination of Ranma's hectic life, Genma's lies, and Rei being a sailor-suited warrior for and justice, the two have never actually met. During the day Soun and Genma laze about at the Shrine, at night Genma `works' (If you know the origins of the Umisenken and Yamasenken, it shouldn't come as a surprise, he's a looter), and spends his nights training Ranma until the boy has to go to school (“He can sleep in class,” Genma remarks to all who wonder when Ranma sleeps). And so, here we are, Ranma's war party is just returning from their victory over the Phoenix people….
 
laarcae@laarcae.com
****
Rei answered the door to her room and flopped on the bed. Tonight had featured yet another battle, this time they had taken down one the enemy generals. `I wish I could go back to having a normal life, have a boyfriend and maybe even get married somewhere down the line.
Sigh. “Is it so much to ask for?” Rei asked no one in particular, so she quite surprised when she got answer.
“Who says you can't have both, Rei-sama?”
Rei sat up and looked to the window spying a little black bird, one eye was looking directly at her. “It's just the way things are going. If I didn't have to spend each and EVERY night out patrolling for the monster of the night, I might have enough time to land a great guy,” Rei looked down at her hands, thoughts of the future and a world of peace dancing in her mind. “I guess I can always wait…”
A flash of light bright enough to illuminate the garden outside Rei's window was followed by an earth trembling rumble.
Rei panicked. `All these nights of fighting monsters and demons just to be killed by an earthquake?' she joked to her inner-self trying to force her mind to be calm. Were those voices she was hearing? She forced her heart to still and listened to the sound of giddy young men. `Rapists?!' she exclaimed, fearing the worst.
“I still can't believe you were able to kill the Phoenix god, Saotome,”
“I've been tellin' ya I'm the best fer over a year now, Mousse, and ya still didn't believe me?”
“Don't think this means our score has been settled, Ranma. I'm still gonna kill you.”
“Whatever Porkchop; whenever you're ready we can pick up our fight where we left off.”
The voices began to drift further away from her room. As they rescinded, her nerves calmed as she realized she was already holding her Henshin stick, prepared to transform and rain down some divine justice on these intruders.
Her line of thought backtracked to the topic of their discussion. `Killed a god? Does that mean they're devils?' she inquired of herself. Since she didn't hold the answers within herself, she pulled out her communication watch and called Ami.
The image of a yawning blue-haired girl appeared, preceding the feminine voice. “This is Ami… Oh, hi Rei!” Not used to receiving messages from the Raven haired girl unless it was of dire urgency, she sat upright and gave Rei her utmost attention.
Rei gave the meek, but genius, girl a weak smile. “Sorry to cut into your nap time, but I needed to find out what you know about the Phoenix-Kami.”
Ami gave a puzzled look. “I can't say I have ever heard of a Phoenix-Kami before.” She paused, and the sound of rustling met Rei's ear. Just when Rei was about call out to her, Ami popped back into the screen, her palmtop in hand. “I'm pulling a search for any Phoenix gods listed in the Mercury Database…” Ami watched as data scrolled down the screen, showing any and all related articles. “I've got something. It says that the `Phoenix King' is hailed by his subjects as a god, since he inherited the rejuvenating abilities of the legendary Phoenix. Namely, when killed he becomes an egg and starts his life cycle from scratch. Power-level at 5000, life span: unlimited, no known superiors… Greatest threat to the Serenity Lineage.” Ami paused to look at Rei. “Well, that's all it says. Did you have another vision?”
Rei thought back to the fight with Cyprine/Ptilol, and her power rating was only at 999. Rei shivered at the thought of facing someone with a power of five thousand, much less someone capable of killing said person. “I'll tell you all about it tomorrow after school.”
Ami gave a cursory nod and the two disconnected.
That night Rei went to sleep with her Henshin pen clutched in the palm of her hands. No need to take chances.
 
Ranma woke to find Mousse and Ryoga, his rivals/allies asleep on the floor. While he stayed here, the owner had been most gracious and even bought him a bed to sleep on (which is a hell of a lot more than he ever would have received from the Tendos). While he appreciated the hospitality, Ranma was never able to get comfortable on the mattress, so he stayed on the floor in his bedroll.
Ranma stretched his arms to the heaven's and thought back to the happiest day of his life…
(Flashback)
Ranma kicked Ryoga in the butt and laughed as the lost boy fell into the `Cursed Pool of Drowned Young Man'.
(End Flashback)
Ranma laughed like a madman, waking the two sleeping inmates.
“Ranma, I swear to the Kami, if you don't quit laughing and let me catch up on my sleep, I'll cave your skull in…” Ryoga grumbled, quickly returning to the land of slumber.
Mousse settled for throwing a dagger at Ranma's manhood, which was narrowly avoided.
Ranma grumbled. This was his first night's sleep since he arrived in Juuban and today he had plans. Ranma plucked the dagger and balanced it on the tip of his finger and headed for the bath. “When you sleepy-heads are up, let's head out and explore the village.” When he didn't get a reply, Ranma shrugged and continued on his voyage.
As Ranma leaned back, allowing his aching muscles and joints to relax in the heat of the furo. “Ahh…”
Ranma's mind drifted back to final moments against Saffron…
(Flashback)
Saffron flew circles around Ranma, throwing slew after slew of flame gouts at Ranma. Gekkaja in hand, Ranma dodged, parried and fled from the intense heat of the attacks. “You will never beat me, landling,” Saffron challenged throwing the ring of his staff at Ranma; the ring expanded and ripped a hole a mile deep into the earth before its target.
Saffron hovered, slack-jawed, staring at the image of Ranma, the Gekkaja's moon tip aimed at the entry point of the crevice. “What's the matter, pigeon, never seen THIS before?!” Ranma threw a Kijin Raishu Dan at Saffron, the air vacuum-blade sliced an opening in the flame aura wide enough to allow Ranma the image of Saffron being cut in half.
To Ranma and company's surprise and Ranma's growing ire, Saffron's flame burned brighter and his legs reasserted themselves. “Did you think you had won, human?” Saffron was careful not to allow Ranma the sight of being viewed as a threat or equal. “After I kill you, I am going to burn all of Japan to ashes. When they ask why I would do such a thing, I will tell them to pay you back for interrupting my transformation.”
Ranma smirked; this guy was flaming like a bonfire. He leapt over the mile deep crevice (he'd had enough of taking long plunges down), and ran a quick spiral beneath the flame-throwing phoenix. “HIRYU SHOTEN HA!”
The tornado that followed was spectacular, as flame and heat battled ice and cold.
For the observers they were witness to a blue tornado that occasionally flared a spectacular crimson.
After a short eternity, the tornado subsided and two figures dropped from the heavens, rending the ground in twain. The mountain trembled and creaked, crying out in pain. The group of onlookers held on to the nearest sturdy rock and rode out the tremor.
All was silent…
True to his name, Saffron ascended into the air, body ablaze and doubling the intensity of the Sun. From a hundred meters away a figure could be seen leaping from a crevice in the earth, crescent-shaped moon staff in hand.
The two fighters locked gazes and engaged in a battle of wills; battle auras sprang from the two brightening the area enough for a man to see through his hand. Like a choreographed dance, Ranma and Saffron charged headlong and both released their most devastating kill-attacks.
“DIE RANMA!” Saffron roared, flames of white ripping through the air in an attempt to scorch Ranma from existence.
“SAIDAIKYO KIJIN RAISHU DAN! HIRYU HYO TOPPA KAITEBAN: KORIN DAN!” Twelve vacuum blades preceded a spiraling stream of ice cold air, making a gap large enough to fit a giant ball of swirl cold energy aimed at Saffron's head.
Time seemed to stop, all watchers witnessing as the ground boiled from Saffron's heat, while the air froze from Ranma cold. Then time restarted, and only the winner remained, hand raised to the heavens in victory… a moment before he fell from the sky, both staffs in hand.
(End Flashback)
Ranma looked down at his hands. Sigh. The palms of one hand bore the symbol of a burning star, while the other a crescent moon. No one but Ranma knew why. And that was what had him semi-depressed.
“I heard about an arcade shop called the Crown Arcade, it's only a short ways away,” Mousse announced as he and Ryoga entered the cleaning room; both sat on a stool and began to scrub.
“I can't believe we actually got cures for our curses,” Ryoga said, admiring the way the water ran down his forearms. “It feels like a lifetime ago that I was last able to wash my human body without scalding water.”
“I know what you mean,” Mousse commented, rinsing with a bucket of cold water.
Ranma's right eye was developing a noticeable twitch. “Shut up…” he growled.
Mousse and Ryoga smirked. “It's not our fault you fell right back into the `Spring of Drowned Girl', Ranma,” Mousse taunted.
“Funniest thing I ever saw…”Ryoga remarked, followed by guffaws and Mousse quickly joined in.
Ranma's battle aura sprang up and enveloped the entire room in a blue hue. “…”
“…” Mousse and Ryoga looked at the fuming Ranma and decided they had had enough fun at his expense. For the first time, the two were glad that Grandpa Hino expressly forbade fighting on the temple grounds.
 
Rei was glad today was a Saturday. Seated around her room were the complete set of Senshi. The biggest surprise had been Setsuna actually showing up. With this being a Saturday she was able to get this off her chest a lot sooner.
“So, Rei what's up?” Minako asked, nudging Usagi who was engrossed in Rei's newest manga.
Rei would have gotten angry and barked at Usagi if not for the words Ami spoke last night, repeating over and over in her head. “Last night, I heard voices outside my window during the rainstorm.”
“So you're going crazy?” Usagi asked, showing concern for her friend. She set the manga aside and began checking Rei's head for any signs of fever.
Rei swatted the hand away. “Stop that Usagi! I can't believe you'd check me for a fever if you thought I was going crazy, you're such an idiot!”
Tears welled in Usagi's big blue eyes. “WAHH!!! Rei, you're so mean!”
While Makoto pacified the princess, Ami turned a calculating gaze to Rei. “Does this have to do with `Saffron'?”
Setsuna flinched at the name, but only Ami noticed, and thought to ask why later.
Rei nodded. “There were three different voices, two were guys and one a girl. The guys were saying how incredible it was that the girl killed Saffron.”
“WHAT?” Setsuna piped in. “Saffron was killed, by a `girl'?” That got more than a few heads to turn. Setsuna schooled her features and straightened her skirt. “It is very important you tell me everything you heard, and any names mentioned.”
Rei paused to think for a moment. “I remember the first guy saying, `I can't believe you killed the Phoenix god, Saotome.' The girl said, `I've been telling you I was the best, Moose; and you still don't believe me?' Then the second guy spoke with a menacing voice, telling one of them, `I'm still going to kill you, Ranma.' Does that help you any, Setsuna? Setsuna…?”
When group turned to hear a response, they realized the Time Senshi had already taken her leave.
“I wonder that's about?” Haruka questioned, her arm draped over Michiru's shoulders. Michiru shrugged, but made a mental note to dig deeper into it.
Ami ran a search for any people named Ranma in the Silver Millennium. “As far as I can tell, there were no enemies or allies by the name of Ranma… Are you sure you got her name right?”
Rei nodded.
Just then the sound of voices carried into the room.
“Jeez, Porky, I can't believe you got us kicked out of the arcade shop. I was just starting to have some fun too.”
*POW* “Don't call me Porky! And it wasn't my fault that guy tried to start a fight with me.”
“You called him a pedophile, Ryoga.”
“You called him a WHAT?”
Sigh. “The guy was in his twenties and carrying on about his sixteen year old girlfriend. If that's not a pedophile I don't know what is.”
“Geez… I hope you socked him one good.”
Snort. “I didn't kill `em, but he'll think twice before he tries to date another child.”
The sound of laughter drifted into the distance.
Rei looked around the room, noting the shocked look on everyone's faces.
“WAHHH!! Now I'm going crazy, just like Rei!” Usagi bawled. It just wasn't fair, she had always been so nice to everyone and she was destined to rule the Earth. How could she be going crazy now?
Makoto patted Usagi's shoulder comfortingly. “Don't worry, Usagi-chan, you're not going crazy and neither is Rei…”
As one, the team shuffled out the room and into the back of the Shrine, to a side, Rei infrequently visited. The group was brought to a halt and each stood in awe at the one-story house built to the side of the Shrine. “How long has that been there?” Rei asked.
Ami blink-blinked. “You never noticed this `house', behind your shrine home before?” It was kind of weird, but considering their lives, weird was a virtue.
Before Rei could reply, a raspy old voice cleared its throat from behind them. “Excuse me, young ladies, but is Son-in-law in at the moment? Hino-san wasn't sure if Ranma had come back yet.”
The group swallowed hard, they hadn't even heard someone come up from behind them, and they were supposed to be sneaking.
Each girl was forced to suppress the urge to transform and attack the demon they presently faced. Rei was quickest to recover her wits. “It depends on who your son-in-law is.”
Cologne gave a wide toothy grin, sending shivers down the girls' spines. “His name is Ranma, Saotome Ranma.” Apparently, the girls before her were a veteran fighting-force. Maybe even the Sailor Senshi she had been hearing about recently. `That would be like Muko-dono to attract the attention of nine princess warriors.'
Rei turned a look to the other girls. Each relaxed their posture. “If you have time… miss(?) Can you tell us a little about Ranma?”
Cologne cackled, her voice sounding like dry leaves in the wind. “I take it you young ladies are quite smitten with him?”
Rei flushed, but waved off the accusation. “That's not it; we were just wondering about the new guy who moved in to the Shrine, that's all.”
Cologne raised an eyebrow, smelling something fishy. “Now why would you say he's the new guy?”
Before Rei could answer, a giant Minotaur with wings and tentacles dangling from his back punched the roof in on Ranma's small house. “MROOO!” it bellowed.
A voice yelled out from the rubble. “DAMMIT, PANTYHOSE!”
The girls wasted no time. Rei pulled the old gnome to a safe place, and both hid within the Fire Room; the other girls transformed and charged up their energies to unleash their most devastating attacks, hoping to finish the battle before it even began.
Before even the first spell was cast, a figure leapt thirty feet into the air shouting, “DOUBLE MOKO TAKABISHA!” From each hand a sphere wider than the boy was tall surged forward to explode against the monster's chest, throwing it a hundred back, creating a trench along the way.
The girls turned to one another, each trying to figure out who this character is. “I couldn't even feel the magic in his attack…” Makoto said, used to feeling the magical energy dispersed from an enemy.
Haruka pulled out her sword, and looked to the group. “I say we attack en masse. The moment he turns his back, we strike.”
The rest of girls turned to face Sailor Moon, seeking her guidance. Usagi looked on with great trepidation; why was it they always wanted her to make the hard decisions? What she saw next made up her mind for her.
 
Ranma was a moment away from throwing a bucket of hot water on the jerk, when Happosai doused her in icy water. A sputtering redhead turned to face her most recent foe. “Try an' grope me, and I'll chain you down to an all-males cabaret dance pole.” Threat delivered, Happosai weighed his chances and decided against groping an angry Ranma-chan.
After all there were a group of sexy girls dressed in tiny skirts standing that-a-way. “HOTCHA!” Happosai nearly had a conniption fit.
A half finger from Haruka's breasts, Happosai was left groping at the air. “Wha???” the little pervert was at a loss. What happened that he couldn't make it to his destination? Then he felt it… An aura of malice as great as his was perversion. “Who?” he slowly turned his head and spied the blazing aura emanating from Ranma-chan.
Ranma raised a trembling fist, a vein popping from her forehead. “Ji-ji…” she growled, sounding like a bear. “Find someone ELSE TO BOTHER!” she shouted, punting the little man to LEO.
After what seemed like an eternity the group got their bearings back. “HOW COOL!” Moon enthused. The group of girls facefaulted.
Ranma rubbed the back of her neck, thinking the weird girls were even stranger than the ones at school. “Uhh… So who are you?” she asked when she noted the girls were still in shock.
Moon's eyes changed from star-filled to serious. The remaining ladies picked themselves up from the ground. “We are the… Pretty Soldiers of Truth and Love… The Sailor Senshi!” Each set of words was associated with a group pose.
Ranma, Mousse and Ryoga (who had just came from the house) sported large sweatdrops on the back of their heads. Blink-blink. “Uh… great, I guess…” Ranma remarked, showing a great deal of aversion to odd situations.
Mousse shook his head clear, chocking it up to knowing Ranma. “As long as you aren't here to fight us, I don't really care.” Mousse turned to Ryoga and nodded towards the stairs. “What do you say we leave Ranma and his new fiancées to talk about things?”
Ryoga sniggered, and Ranma smacked him upside the head. Glaring daggers at Ranma, “I'm gonna kick your ass, Ranma!”
Before the girls' eyes Ryoga leapt at Ranma's throat, attempting to take his head as a trophy. Ranma braced a foot against Ryoga's navel and rolled with the momentum, flinging the lost boy off. “You know Ol' man Hino don't like when we fight up here. And the last time we did you got lost and I ended up cleaning the grounds by my self!”
Ryoga paused. That was quite true. But Ranma needed a good thrashing to bring him down a peg or two!
“Well, let's get outta here…” Ranma commented and took to leaping, crossing the distance to the stairs before any could tell him otherwise. Mousse and Ryoga shrugged then followed, using the same method.
 
Kiima alighted on a random roof, allowing her body a few moments of rest before she took to the sky again. `If only Ranma hadn't have gotten involved with our affairs, I wouldn't have to fly all the way to Juuban. Again.' As it was she was on her way to request Ranma's assistance. By some manner the Joketsuzoku got wind of Saffron's death and decided to launch a few raids.
Kiima took in the sight of the setting Sun. “I can probably get another hour of flight before the sky darkens…”
True to her words, she leapt from the roof, extended her majestic wings and bee-lined for Juuban.
 
Rei applied a damp cloth to the injured man's forehead. Whoever he was, he looked as though he was caught in Ranma's explosion. Finished she turned her attention back to the story Cologne was giving. “So a woman with wings kidnapped your great-granddaughter?” Rei asked, making for certain she understood the story right.
Cologne nodded gravely. “One thing still concerns me though.” The group of girls leaned forward, concern etched on the many faces. Cologne sipped her tea. “You claim to have been living here for most of your life, Rei-san, yet today is the first time I have had the pleasure of meeting you. Why, pray tell, is that?”
Judging by the immediate change of attitude, going from concern to nervous, Cologne knew that the next thing spoken would be a lie to cover her tracks; so she was surprised when the girl gave her an answer of truth. Or a variation anyways…
“Me and friends are usually busy doing things all day. I hardly stay at home for more than a few hours.”
Cologne nodded. “I see. Am I to assume you have yet to make an acquaintance of Ranma?”
Rei smiled sheepishly. “I know it sounds kind of bad, but yeah.”
Cologne narrowed her eyes, suspicious of something and decided to discover the circumstances on her own. “Ranma's father has a habit of selling his son to be married for items of little value; I'd advise you to ask your grandfather is such a deal was made between the two.”
Rei blinked, not understanding. The sound of yelling reached the group's ears.
“What the hell are you doin' here, Shampoo?”
“Shampoo here date Airen… (Suspicious voice) Why spatula girl and noodle girl here?”
Snarl. “I don't know about Spatula girl here, but I'm here to kick your ass!”
Sweatdrop.
Cologne sighed opened the window and yelled at the three. “Enough with the childish bickering. I need the three of you come in here.” After a pause, Cologne spoke again. “And Shampoo, no bashing walls. (In a low contemplative voice) I've already had to rebuild this Shrine three times in the last four months.”
“But, Hiba-chan…” a bubbly voice whined, sounding like a young girl now, rather than the aggressive fighter from a moment ago.
The girls watched in stark surprise as a guy so bishonen Haruka was attracted to him, and a purple haired warrior goddess walked in through the window. The guy wore a bandolier of spatulas and a giant one on his back. The woman wore a tiny Chinese dress, barely covering her nether regions. A moment later a confused girl in red workout tights and a black vest came in the door.
Shampoo's eyes narrowed when she spied the on-looking group of women. “Who you?” she asked in a dangerous tone, causing more than a few of the girls to look away, suddenly finding the room covered in more interesting objects to look at.
“Shampoo show proper manners for our hosts,” Cologne advised after whacking her head with a gnarled wooden staff.
Shampoo searched the room for the perverted little Shrine keeper. “Shampoo no see Hino-san.”
Kaori and Ukyo nodded in agreement.
Rei raised her hand.
“Aiyah! Hino-san fall into Spring of Drowned Young Girl like Airen!”
“You pervert!” Kaori proclaimed, an inch from bashing his female head in. “I can't believe you took advantage of all these girls!”
Cologne sat silently, waiting for the three girls to calm down.
“Maybe Spatula girl like Hino-san, now that old man be beautiful young girl?” Shampoo sniped, aiming a scathing look at Ukyo.
Ukyo grit her teeth, and brandished the spatula from her back. “You take that back Shampoo, or I'll beat your head LIKE A DRUM!”
Shampoo brought out a pair of maces specific to her village, referred to as Bonbori. “Spatula girl want fight? You no go crying to Airen when lose!”
Before the two wrecked Rei-san's room, Cologne rapped her cane against both their heads. “Cooler heads prevail. Now as I was saying,” she paused to look the fiancées over. “This is Rei, Hino-san's granddaughter.”
Faster than Rei could react a pair of chopsticks found their place between her legs. Kaori glared at the girl. “Are you my Ran-kun's new fiancée? Cause if you are you can't have him.”
Your Ranchan?” Ukyo challenged, a spatula aimed at Kaori's throat. “He's MY Ranchan!”
“Japanese girl no good for Airen, he come back to China, be Shampoo's husband.” Shampoo said in no uncertain tones, a blade pressed against Ukyo's throat.
Cologne sighed. “The next time I have to pay for damages to Hino-san's shrine, I'm taking it out on all of you.” Cologne announced, following her favorite method of discipline. The girls grudgingly took their seats across from the shell-shocked Rei.
 
“DAMMIT!” Ranma bellowed, dodging yet another pink `ball of pain'. “All I wanted was a day to rest, was that too much to ask for?” he asked his foe.
Said foe refused to answer and continued lobbing blasts at Ranma. Ranma looked at the occupied Mousse and Ryoga. Both were having their hands filled with fighting off higher demons; one calling himself Sesshomaru, the other actually an Oni-alien named Rei.
At the moment Mousse was hurdling a fleet of feather shaped daggers at the Bull-Oni. The Bull raged as the blades imbedded in his hide, shredding his flesh and ripping out his eyes.
Ryoga delivered a full force punch to Sesshomaru's gut, folding the Wolf-demon in half. With strength only available to three (Samson, Hercules and Ryoga) in Earth's history, Ryoga bashed the bishonen's face in, attempting to knock the demon's head right off his shoulders.
Ranma was pulled back to his own battle when he was grazed by a purple, `pain ball'. “That's it! The gloves are off lady!” Ranma yelled to the woman dressed in a criminally short, black-skirted seifuku. Ranma slammed a palm on the ground, using his newly discovered secret technique. “SEAQUAKE!”
Like watching a tsunami, the earth rippled and rose to over a hundred feet high, before crashing down on the three demons and parting to allow Ryoga and Mousse safety from the attack.
“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” Mousse and Ryoga exclaimed simultaneously. Neither wanted to admit that Ranma had surpassed them in ability, but to witness such a devastating attack was enough to force their pride into submission.
Ranma smirked. “I came up with that little move a couple days after I beat Saffron and we were coming back.”
Ryoga nodded appreciatively. Mousse continued to gawk, open-mouthed.
“Let's head back to my place, I don't feel like fightin' them again tonight. I just wanna rest…” So saying the group of superhuman martial artists took to the roofs in effort to reach the Cherry Hill Temple sooner.
After the three had departed, a battle-worn Pluto dug her way out of the sea of dirt; followed shortly by Sesshomaru. “I suppose they killed the Oni?” Sesshomaru assessed, showing no signs of concern for neither Pluto nor his fallen comrade.
Pluto pushed her left shoulder back into socket. “Can I count on you to kill them for me tomorrow?”
Sesshomaru ignored the taint of lust wafting from the Human and disappeared, a sneer marring his impeccable face.
 
At the stroke of midnight, Ranma was unceremoniously thrown out of his bedroom window and down the hill of the shrine into the park behind it.
Tired from an exhaustive day, Ranma was slow to gain his footing and back handspring down the remainder of the slope. “Jeez Pops, you could try drownin' me in my sleep if you ever get tired of throwing me outta windows.”
Genma snorted derisively. “Nonsense, Boy! You're getting slack in your training; if I don't keep you on your toes, you just might lose your edge!” All said while Ranma and he engaged in a training session akin to a fight for life.
Ranma smirked and tripped the bigger man, pounced on his falling form and reversed his momentum, sending Genma flying headfirst for a lake.
A soggy Panda leapt from the lake and began attacking earnest. Ranma smirked at his old man and drove a knee into his gut, doubling the panda over his leg. “If I can hit'cha, and I'm slackin off in my trainin' you really need some improvement.”
Both paused and watched as a jellyfish-looking ball of light floated pass, seemingly looking for something. Ranma and Genma-Panda shrugged and continued their fight in earnest.
 
As the Sun broke the gloom that is night, two figures trekked up the steep side of the Shrine's slope, each carrying giant boulders on their backs and squat leaping all the way.
The sound of hundreds of crows made their cries heard and felt. Among the mass was a winged woman with an angular face, and wearing what barely counted as clothes.
Ranma, upon reaching the top, looked to the skies, feeling a familiar Ki. “Kiima?” he remarked. When the bird-woman landed, he gave her a warm smile. “This is certainly a nice surprise. What can I do for you?”
Kiima turned pointedly away from Ranma, trying to conceal the blush she felt creeping on to her cheeks. “I came here seeking assistance for my people.” `Stick to business, Kiima,' she chided herself.
Ranma raised an eyebrow. “What happened?” The concern in his voice could not be fabricated.
Kiima let out a sigh of relief. She knew she could count on Ranma to help her. “It's the Joketsuzoku. As soon as you killed Saffron, they pounced on the opportunity to strike. At the moment we're camped within Jusenkyo.”
Ranma grit his teeth. “I should have suspected this would happen…” Ranma growled. Quickly dashing to the house, he knocked his fist on Mousse and Ryoga's sleeping forms. “Wake up! We got to go back to Qinghai.”
Mousse stirred slowly and fumbled for his glasses. “What's in China?”
Ryoga was sitting up and pulling on a shirt. “And why is Kiima here?”
Ranma looked behind him, noting Kiima glancing around the doorframe. “Kiima says her people are under attack, so we gotta help them.”
Like trained soldiers the three were up, dressed and heading out the door…
When Pantyhose gained consciousness and walked out of the Shrine proper. “Fem-boy! Where the hell do you think you're going?” he demanded seeing his bane leaving the shrine grounds without giving him a rematch.
The group halted, the guys looked at each other and nodded in approval. They rounded on a now nervous Pantyhose, cruel grins marring their faces. Without warning, Tarou was drenched in water. “Listen up, Pantyhose,” Ranma instructed in a no-nonsense manner. “We need to get to Jusenkyo and you're our ride there.” Ranma turned to Kiima and nodded.
Tarou, not having much of a choice as he knew with those three on his back he was in trouble if he refused, took to the sky and dashed off into the distance, seeking out Jusenkyo as fast as his way-too-small wings would take him.
 
Kiima looked to her right and admired the speed the bovine monstrosity could fly at. And if she wasn't mistaken it was slowing its speed so she could keep up with it.
“Jusenkyo is only a few more kilometers!” Ranma shouted over the roaring winds. Kiima nodded, not familiar with this particular route.
Kiima was ecstatic as her wings were sore and she didn't know how much longer she could keep up with this pace. This group of landlings seemed to push the bar several folds when it came to limitations. Not only had they proven capable of outperforming the entire village-nation of Phoenix, their leader, Ranma, succeeded in defeating their god, a feat never before accomplished. Now she was meeting a forth acquaintance of theirs, a man who was dipped into the Yeti-Riding-Bull-While-Carrying-Eel-And-Crane Pool of Sorrow, and he proved as spectacular as the other three.
“MROOOR!”
Kiima turned back to her front side, making out the sight of a pillar of smoke rising into the air in the far distance.
 
“We must hold our ground! Kiima will be bringing reinforcements soon. We must hold on until she returns!” Koruma encouraged, having complete faith in his General. Even with death of his close friend, Masara, Koruma hadn't backed down.
Arrows ascended to the heavens, seeking to take down the high-flying group of dive-bombers. None could ascend high enough and arrows exploded, sending shockwaves through the air.
Several dive-bombers lost their updraft and plummeted low enough to be struck down by arrows. Koruma bit down on his lip, pushing the sorrow and fear far behind him. “SHEILDS TO THE FORE!” he called, the order echoed by all his soldiers. “HEAVEN'S VALKYRIE DESCENT STRIKE!” he hollered.
The Heroic Women (if one wants to dispute their claim, they will have your head on a pike by the end of the night) looked up in morbid fascination as the bird-people glowed white and descended towards at speeds nearing sound. Before the first woman got her bearings half the army was shredded by the low-flying warriors; their shields spiked to run enemies through without the need to lower defense.
After his thirteenth kill in thirty seconds, he spotted a trebuchet being set and primed. That was all the warning he needed. “ASCEND!” he ordered, his command delegated through the chaos of battle. Like an Italian horde of street pigeons, the bird-men moved into the air at the same time; before descending on the builders of the catapult, rending them with spears, swords and claws aplenty.
“MROOOR!” The roar shook the ground and halted the entire battle. All with heads still attached to their shoulders turned to see a sight of awe. For some it majestic, like seeing the Sun set in the crevice of two mountains; while the others saw a monster of Greek myth. A Minotaur, the creature known to all within the valleys of Bayankalah/Jusendo as inviolable, only the greatest of warriors would be a challenge to it. And hear this one had ink-throwing tentacles, an electric eel for a tail and wings to own the sky.
An Amazon threw a spiked mace at the flying monster and was very surprised when it caught it and began splitting skulls of any woman without wings. Its roar rending the heavens and shaking the earth it landed among the land people and gored two women, one on each horn as decoration, before really laying into the Joketsuzoku.
Koruma raised his spear high and cawed in triumph. “Lady Kiima has returned, and she brought a beast of legend to aide in our safety!” Coos, Hoots and Caws rang into the sky.
Just as Koruma spotted his Mistress, an arrow found its new resting place within his chest. Koruma died before his body ever began its descent.
 
The day had been glorious for both sides. The Joketsuzoku succeeded in killing 2/3 of the Phoenix people in one day; while the Phoenix, aided by Tarou and led by Kiima slaughtered half the women forces. As night neared the Joketsuzoku knew they would win as a majority of the remaining Phoenix Tribe were completely blind at night, while they could see by light of the moon.
The Phoenix were attempting to fall back, covered by the Owl clan and Tarou, but the women began attacking en masse, using anything they could to gain control of the battle. Magical items used to make your enemy submit were used against several Owl clan, Hermes' sandals were used to gain the ability of flight, butchering the weaker bird-people. Tarou found himself encountering several such devices, but with his eel head (therefore a second brain) he was able to circumvent the effects of the magic, slaughtering the wearers and bagging up the objects.
With his tremendous size, Tarou was too large to be pierced through the heart by a sword, and faster than the fastest archer, his eel head guarding his backside well. Those with spears were inked in the eyes, blinding his only real threats.
Several tornadoes rose from the ground in the distance. The battle continued waning back and forth between the two sides.
Then the tide shifted. A cry from a voice as familiar to Tarou as his own yelled out, “SEAQUAKE!” From behind the army of Joketsuzoku warriors a wall of earth and grass rose, even higher than the roaring tornadoes, crashing down like a tsunami on the women as the Phoenix people took to the air.
A new voice entered the fray. “MUSK WARRIORS ATTACK!” The roars of various animals known for their power and lethal abilities rang from everywhere. The Joketsuzoku found themselves boxed in, and those still alive were tired from fighting on the frontlines for so long.
To say the battle took a decisive turn, would be like saying the sky is blue on a cloudless day. The living women were taken back their village to stew in the knowledge of their defeat and the dishonor done to them by not killing them with their sisters.
 
Kiima sat in a tent used for a funeral shrine. Before her was a wall of pinned feathers, each belonging to a fallen Phoenix warrior. This had been a terrible day for her people. She wiped away the tear trekking down her cheek.
“Arms encircled her waist fro behind; the familiar scent of Ranma assailed her nostrils. “I should have been able to get to you sooner.” She was disappointed in her own failings. Had she not rested the night before, could she have averted this massacre?
Ranma turned her to cry in his shoulder. “Everything that has happened, has happened. We can't change the past… anymore.” The latter a mere whisper, as he thought about the broken Nanban Mirror.
Due to their close proximity to one another, Kiima was able to hear exactly what Ranma said. “What do you mean `anymore'?” She leaned back, gazing questionably into Ranma's eyes.
Ranma shrugged. “There was this mirror that could take you back in time, but it was broken into pieces a long time ago.” As Kiima leaned forward into his embrace again, he spoke the most meaningful words to her she had ever heard. “The Musk Prince, Herb, owed me a favor, but before I cash in on it, I need to know how you would like to be the newest clan of the musk, the Phoenix Clan?”
Kiima pulled back. Again. She looked into his eyes, trying to find some indication of him joking. “The Musk would never allow such a thing. We've been at odds since our two peoples began their evolution.”
Ranma smirked. “Herb is in charge of the Musk, and at the moment you are the leader of the Phoenix. At least give it some thought time. Me, Mousse, Ryoga and Tarou are gonna be headin' home in the mornin'.” Ranma informed her.
Kiima sighed. “Can I share your tent tonight? I fear an assassination on my head.”
Ranma smirked, seeing her excuse for what it was, an excuse. “Sure, I got lots of space.”
 
Kiima sat across from Herb, the two engaged in a deadlock. “Ranma tells me you are extending a hand for the Phoenix people.”
Herb nodded. “As the only surviving Dragon-prince, it my duty to look after the many clans of the Musk dynasty. If you accept Ranma's idea, we can also show you our method of counteracting the inbreeding problem so many tribes come across.”
Kiima thought for a few moments. With the absence of her retainers she was forced to think about it on her own. `If the Phoenix continue as they are, we will die out. But if we become Musk…' “What will become of the females? I will not allow you to throw them to the side.”
Herb snickered. “Those old stories were spread to ward off the Amazons from sneaking within a camps. Our Women are held in equal regard as the men, as it has been since our forefathers began marrying humans.”
Kiima blinked. That did make sense. `However,' “What of our Lord Saffron?”
Herb waved a hand dismissively. “The Mount of Jusendo was destroyed, he will not retain the memories of his past lives, so he will grow believing himself the clan head. If this is not acceptable, we can engage him to my first daughter, crowning him heir to the throne?”
Kiima paused to consider. “I want all agreements and promises made in writing. There will be no backing out.”
“Of course. Scribe, you will write out any and all of Kiima's desires, when finished bring them to me, so that I may sign it. If it fits my approval.” With his announcement, Herb took his leave.
 
“NO!! Everything's been destroyed, and al because of Ranma!” Pluto screamed, taking in the image of Earth divided among many nations, Crystal Tokyo not being one of them.
“There is one way you can stop this from happening,” a voice taunted the distraught woman.
Setsuna, open to ideas, and not particularly giving a rat's tail about protecting the gates at the moment, asked, “How?!”. After all Crystal Tokyo was her brainchild, its purpose to bring her to power.
The voice laughed. “To rewrite history and get the boy to be engaged to Akane of course!”
Setsuna gasped. `Could it really be so simple?' She pulled up an alternate timeline, displaying Ranma's life with Akane and smirked. “Death by food poisoning and blunt trauma at the age of eighteen?” She entered the time-stream and diverted the monk to Tomobiki, rather than Furinkan.
Such a small push and Crystal Tokyo was guaranteed once more. Setsuna returned to the Gates of Time, a reality set outside of time. “Oh the abilities a time guardian wields.” She pulled out a lawn chair and watched the chaos this is Ranma's life, a permanent grin on her face, and no one was the wiser, everyone believing things had only happened the first time.
 
END
 
AN: YATTA!! My first completed fanfic! It took me an entire night and day to finish. C&C greatly appreciated!
Any questions I will be glad to answer.
As for the voice Pluto heard…
 
Ja Ne!