Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Girl ❯ Here's Ranko! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Beautiful Girl

A fanfic by

Dianna Tsuki, A.k.a:

'Saberwulfe'

Chapter 6 Angel of power

********************

Part 1: Angel eyes

********************

Dr.Ono Tofu and Cologne stepped back and observed their handiwork. Both were thoroughly exhausted, though Cologne wouldn't admit it out loud.

'Perhaps the good Doctor would be good for our tribe...' then she gave herself a mental shake, 'no that kind thinking is what created this mess. Still, it wouldn't hurt to introduce them....' but matters of love were the farthest thing from the good doctor's mind.

"I thank you from the bottom of my heart elder." he whispered sincerely, "without you, I would've lost her long ago." Cologne allowed herself to show her true age, something she never did, accept around Ranma.

"I have you to thank as well Tofu-sensei. This was only achieved through our combined knowledge."

"Is Ranko going to live?" asked the timid voice of Tendo Akane. The two martial artist masters turned towards the entrance of the private operating room. Akane was clad in a light yellow Okonomiyaki vender's outfit, complete with a giant baker's peel on her back and a row of spaturikens on her chest. Beside her was Ryoga and on her other side was Nabiki, in her sailor fuku. The middle Tendo daughter was popping her knuckles in anticepation at the skull's she thought she'd be cracking.

"Yes she's going to be fine. And thanks to Cologne-san's knowledge of pressure points and more esoteric medical knowledge, she should be on her feet in a day or two."

"Good," Nabiki said with an icy voice, "That gives us time to bust some ass's."

Ryoga nodded in wordless agreement. Though his voice was silent his eyes betrayed murderous intent, a feral lust for blood and vengeance. It chilled the two martial masters to the soul to see the pure unadultered hate that burned in his eyes. It wasn't unlike the neko-ken that Ranma would go into, but it was somehow purer, deadlier; no cat-nip or Akane trembling touch would sate this beast. His ki also reflected his mood, it twirled about his body like a hurricane and reached out with fatal intent, ripping like ethereal claws across his body like the animal he represented; the roaring lion. Cologne offered a silent prayer for the fool who hurt Ranko like this for they would likely be meeting their maker upon this night.

<><><><><><>

"Hee hee hee," the quiet voice giggled,

"Hee hee, heh heh ha ha ha ha!" a laugh that had long forgone the limits of human sanity. The owner of the voice sat-no-slouched on it's knees it's blue eyes clouded with cackling madness.

"Look at you," whispered a different voice, a voice full of sadness, "this is so sad."

"Hee hee hee, silly ghost, funny ghost" taunted the first figure from it's position on the ground, "you can't hurt me, nyah nyah, can't hurt me," the voice got slightly distant, "No-one can hurt me now." The second figure was silent for a moment before responding in a way that would remind a listener of a person in mourning. "That's right, no-one can hurt you. You're protected in your own little shell. No one-can hurt or harm you, no-one can strike you...or love you. No-one can let you cry on their shoulder. You're all alone." the film on the first figure's eyes began to uncloud as it listened to the second.
"You'll be here all by yourself," the second figure continued, "Without *him* to listen to, without *his* shoulder to cry upon or *his* lips to kiss so passionately. Do you want this?" the pasty white mist had floated away from the first figure's eyes, leaving them clear and beautiful again. Free to see the world.

"No, no I don't want that. I want to feel again, I want to be free," a hand came up from the first figure, "But I need your help to stand again." the second figure extended a powerful hand and enclosed the first's slender yet strong palm and raised the first to it's feet. As it rose, a low glow emenated from the eternal darkness that encircled them. Voices drifted down freely and they seemed warm, concerned, angry, cold, happy, sad, relieved.

"Thankyou." the first figure didn't know how it knew, but it knew that the column of light would lead it back home.

"Go on, they're waiting for you." the first figure nodded and walked towards the light, but it wasn't out of earshot when it heard the second figure murmer to itself.

"Heh, go get 'em," then it turned and marched out into the embracing darkness, all the time singing a cheerful tune.

"Yaa paa paa, yaa paa paa don't know what to do, my heart is not a game, it's mah-jong to you. Yaa paa paa, yaa paa paa feel like such a shrew. Who needs boys? don't you dare make me wild like you!"

<><><><><><><>

Asuka whimpered in pain as Ryoga's powerful grip held her arm in place and his other hand held her head by the hair. Forcing her to stare at the unmoving form of Nerima's unofficial angel-girl.

"Imsorryimsorryimsorry," she wailed incoherently, "Pleaselemmegoidontwannadie!"

"Look at her." Ryoga snarled coldly, "Look at what your jealousy has done. She nearly died because of you. And because of what? She has redder hair. Don't you feel powerful?" he sneered. Asuka went slack in his hands and began to cry.

"I'm....oh Kami-sama I'm a monster!"

"Oh, Asuka-chan, don't say that. You're not a monster." all movement in the small clinic ceased and everyone stared in what could be best described as wonder as the small red-haired angel slowly opened her eyes and gazed back with, not fear, not rage, but laughing friendship filled orbs of glee.

"Asuka-chan." Ranko murmered. Then she reached up and delicately placed her fingers on either side of Asuka's face.

"R-Ranko-sama," Asuka whispered in self-loathing, "C-could you ever forgive me?" Ranko nodded at Ryoga who grudgingly released her. Ranko wrapped her arms about the other girl in an embrace of conditionless friendship.

"I forgive you Asuka-chan. I am not a Goddess, I'm far from perfect. I don't deserve the title of 'sama', just call me Ranko-chan."

"...R-Ranko-chan." Asuka whispered in astonishment. It was in those arms, those small arms that had crushed a God and brought the Prince of Dragons to his knees that Asuka found her first true friend.

********************

Part 2: Shinobi

********************

A lone figure moved like a spectre across the roofs of Nerima. It was clad in a loose black garb and had four swords forming an x-pattern on it's back. It's face was decorated with ancient glyphs that banished light and summoned darkness, glyphs that allowed vision into the souls of others and glyphs that allowed for the changing of form. The figure halted lazily atop one of the larger structures of Nerima, a large mock cathedral that was complete with stained-glass windows. It paused atop the steeple and watched the motionless night of the ward as it's massive cape was torn at by the howling claws of the night.

"Pantyhose Taro...omae wo koroso. I'm going to destroy you." it then raised it's hand, it's middle and index fingers were pointed at the sky. Then it transformed into darkness and vanished in the midnight tapestry.

In Ucchan's, the young kunoichi awoke and peered out the window at the blind night with a look mixed with trepidition and longing.

"...Li..."

End of Chapter 6

Who is Li? And what business does he have with Taro? Why does Konatsu long for him, and does the Nerima wrecking crew have any idea what they're in for? These answers and more in the next chapter!