Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Alliances ❯ Brainstorming ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

This was originally published by me under the name Anduril at Anime Addventures, with the only changes being a few corrections in spelling, punctuation and the occasional word choice. If you like the beginning of my story but think I've gone off the rails, or have your own ideas for a great branch-off, or think I'm taking too long to update and want to continue the story yourself, come to Anime Addventures and join in the fun!
I claim no ownership rights to any of the works of Rumiko Takahashi.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“I don't really understand what the problem is,” Kasumi said. “Ranma is a fine young man.”
Becoming aware of the stunned silence, she glanced around at all the shocked faces. “Well, he is,” she asserted. “Perhaps he is somewhat lacking in social graces, but he's kind, generous, forgiving, honorable, and a fine martial artist. I don't see why any mother would consider him less than manly in spite of the curse.”
Shaking off the shock from Kasumi actually involving herself in the situation rather than simply observing the inevitable chaos, Ku Lon nodded gravely. “You are right, child, any sane mother would be proud to acknowledge Ranma as her son. However, his mother's definition of `manly' is, well … somewhat one-dimensional. In fact, the only thing she seems to consider is the number of girls he has been `manly' with, as she put it.”
At Kasumi's confused look, Nabiki smiled dryly. “Sex, big sis — Ranma's mom is wondering how many girls he's seduced. And since so far as I know the answer is none, Cologne is right — we definitely have a problem.”
“Oh my, yes!” Kasumi exclaimed, shocked. “Ranma is much too well-mannered and respectful to do such a thing.”
More like repressed, big sis, Nabiki thought. “Still,” she said with a big grin, “there's a simple answer to our little problem, if not an easy one. We simply need to see to it that Ranma meets his mother's definition of `manliness', or at least pretends to.” Now, let the games begin!
The three fiancées, self-presumed or otherwise, glanced suspiciously at one another as the room fell silent. Finally, Akane grudgingly said, “There are already plenty of rumors floating around the school, I suppose if Ukyo and I confirm some of the less extreme ones it might help.”
Ukyo shook her head. “No, Sugar, it won't work. If we do that and it gets back to Ranma, and it will, he'll deny everything and come looking for us to find out what's going on. For it to work at all, we'd have to bring Ranma in from the start and he can't lie to save his life.”
“So Shampoo and rivals have to sleep with Airen for real!” Xian Pu said enthusiastically, earning a disapproving frown from Kasumi, a grin from Nabiki, and glowers from the Akane and Ukyo. “So we tell Airen what needed, each girl take different night, Airen safe from crazy mother.”
“No, that won't work,” Nabiki said, shaking her head. “If you tell Ranma he has to sleep with all his fiancées in order to save his life, he won't do it. He'll either get all honorable and choose death before `dishonoring' you girls, or he'll run or hide. You'll have to seduce him, instead.”
Ku Lon frowned suspiciously at the middle Tendo sister, but reluctantly nodded. “Nabiki could be right,” she said, “but I don't see much chance in that succeeding, either.”
“No, Shampoo able, if really want to!” Xian Pu disagreed.
“Not if I get there, first,” Ukyo immediately said.
“Oh, yeah? None of you live with him, that gives me the edge,” Akane growled, and Nabiki carefully repressed her grin as thoughts of the betting pool she could set up for the race ran through her mind.
Looking to the side, she frowned — Soun's shock at the direction the conversation was going looked to be wearing off and he was beginning to swell with what Nabiki assumed was fatherly outrage. Leaning over slightly, she whispered in her father's ear, “The schools must be joined.”
At that, Soun froze, mouth open, then closed it and looked thoughtfully at his youngest daughter. Finally, he nodded. “If that is what it takes to preserve Ranma's life, I will not stand in the way,” he pontificated, earning a stunned (and slightly betrayed) look from Akane as Ukyo's and Shampoo's faces fell.
Ku Lon carefully hid her own shock. So, it seems involving Nabiki is already paying off, she thought as she hopped to the tabletop, drawing everyone's attention and cutting off the budding argument. “So,” she said, “we have two possible plans: pretend that Ranma has slept with at least Xian Pu, Ukyo and Akane; or arrange for Ranma to actually sleep with the three either by letting him know of his mother and the seppuku contract or helping the three succeed in seducing him. So, which will it be?”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Yes, I know, way short even for me. The rest will be longer.