Real Bout High School Fan Fiction ❯ A Hunter and His Prey: A Budding Romance? ❯ The Hunted ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: The Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School manga is owned by Reiji Saiga, Sora Inoue, and TOKYOPOP.

Note: In case I didn't mention it earlier, this fic takes place in Volume 4 of the manga series and revolves around two characters who are fairly new to the series, Asuka Kuronari and Kyoichi Kunugi. This chapter is through Asuka's POV. Hope you enjoy.

A Hunter and His Prey: A Budding Romance?

As I stare frozen into the mask of the one who hunted me down, I couldn't help feel fear all over my body. My hunter takes off his mask and it's...a boy? He was a very cute boy at that, but then again, I couldn't really tell how old he really was. He could have been between 13 and 16.

I had to admit that he was good, very good. As a matter of fact, he was amazing. Who would have thought this boy was a real ninja? As to what he asked me in my frozen state, what it was about ninjas that fascinate me so much, to be honest, I wasn't sure. Maybe it was the mystery behind them. Maybe it's their ability to go undetected.

He also said I had so much to learn about the ninja's way of life, their skill, everything about them. Is there more to a ninja than what I thought? There probably is. Maybe he could teach me more about the ninja's way of life.

What's this? A blade popped out from under his sleeve! What's he going to do with it? I hope it's not what I think. I could feel tears forming in my eyes and my body trembling with fear. Oh, no. This is it. He's really going to kill me. I don't know if I fainted or not. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was the sound of fabric tearing.

I don't know how long I've been out. Was it a few hours or a few minutes? I couldn't tell. I keep blacking out. One moment he was standing above me about to kill me, or so I thought, the next moment, he's fighting both Xiaoxing and Megumi. I could have sworn I felt wind blowing on my chest.

I still can't move. My body feels heavy. I have to do something but I can't. Where are Aoi and the captain, Ryoko? What is going on? I was supposed to have met with them all earlier. Damn it. If only I wasn't so careless, then this would never have happened to me.

What's this? He removed his coat. Kami, what a very nice body he has. Oh, my god. Why am I thinking about his body at a time like this? But it does look good from what I've seen. I was able to tell by his arms. His skill is amazing, his looks are amazing, and his body is amazing. Aaaaaaaaah! Focus on trying to wake up. Oh, no. I think I'm going to black out again. No, I have to remain conscious.

There goes Megumi getting ready to charge him. What was his name again? That's right. It's Kyoichi Kunugi. Megumi had better be careful. She doesn't know what he's capable of. Oh, no. Xiaoxing has been knocked out. What's that guy with the camera doing to her? Why is he insisting on having her face in the camera? What the hell is going on? Is this some kind of set- up? It has to be. I bet it's that bastard Isozaki. He would something like this up his sleeve. After all this is done, I'm going to have a little chat with him.

Damn it! I have to do something, but I still can't move. Man, Kunugi can really move. The way he fights is like he's dancing. He's so graceful and so fast. What am I doing? I have to figure out a way to move my body and help Xiaoxing. I can't fantasize about Kunugi-san now. He's my enemy. He's a formidable and good-looking one, but an enemy nonetheless.

I can feel my heart skipping a beat when I look at him, when I watch him fight. Is it that I'm falling in love with him? It couldn't be, could it? I don't know. I hope I can see him again after all this is over. If I do see him again, hopefully it will be on better terms.

Oh, no. I can't keep my eyes open. They feel so heavy. I can't fight it anymore. At this point, I can guess the outcome of the fight. May the best fighter win. Good luck, Megumi and Kunugi. Sorry that I couldn't help out.



Note: I guess that sums up Asuka's feelings for Kunugi. If I've gotten off track, I apologize. I'm definitely going to write more RBHS fics. Now, onto my DBZ stuff. Later. ^_^