Realism Fan Fiction ❯ The Loyal Conviction ❯ The Loyal Conviction ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The Loyal ConvictionFour men, boys really that are trapped inside of seventeen to eighteen year old bodies stand before maybe fifty people for one last time. In the unknown groups of faces only ten are familiar because that are the one's they've loved for years and years to come.The lights go out the four of them move to the back of the stage by the drum set and bow their heads and put their hands together, for one more time."Dear God, thank you for this wonderful gift you've given us, please watch over us as we play our last show together, please watch over all the people in the crowd and help us get home safely." No one says anything out of the norm like "I love you, or it's been an honor," they just stay silent as they slowly begin to make their way back to that familiar place one, last, time. As the people stand in the dark they can't see the four bandmates but they know something is going to happen, a beat begins playing through the speakers, a smooth violin and synth loop begins to play. Half way through a base drum begins to count along. The anticipation rises then, the drum rolls and the lights flash on the music is loud in the small building but the people don't seem to mind, the intro ends and the words begin,"You know exactly who you are, but won't stop lying to myself, cause everything you said CHANGED MY LIFE, they where just words but they cut like knives."A heavy bass shakes the room."We never had a chance without you, and though we stand firm in our faith facing the giants, that stand in our wwwaaayyyy..." Another heavy drum fill follows into the next verse,"You know exactly who I am, but you won't stop promising me, that this isn't it, here and now, make a decision lay it down," The chorus plays through again now both the drummer and keyboard player are singing together trying their best to leave nothing out of their last show together. Suddenly the bass and drums completely drop out leaving a cord fill on played by the lead guitarist. The keyboard comes back in playing a C scale along with a three part harmony between the drummer, keyboardist, and bassist,"These were just words""I know.................Exactly who are""But I can't stop...Lying to myself""These were just words""I know.................Exactly who are""But I can't stop...Lying to myself"The drums start a powerful single beat evolving into the chorus one last time as the lights change thanks to the under appreciated "light guy" of the group.The music begins to slow and ends and the crowd begins to cheer but they aren't allowed to stop because the next song has already begin right off the heels of the first.A strobe light flips on as the lights go out and as the intro continues a bright light behind the drums flips on with every other bass beat, the intro goes with into the first verse in this energy packed no slow song about personal issues of certain band members"I pray for your guidance to help me through it all, I pray for mercy cause lord I fall!""I know you are the one who lead, me here, right was before, your fear is failing, brace yourself it will never be the ssssaaaammmmeee."The speed does not change but the power increases as a break down begins,"HOW LONG WILL YOU LIE TO MY FACE!?""HOW LONG WILL YOU BELIEVE IT!?""HOW LONG WILL YOU LIVE THIS LIE!" "AND EXPECT TO BELIEVE ITS TRUE......"Once again the lights go out and another guitar fill brings back a more stable beat which is quickly transformed into something else as a "WOOO!!!!" escapes the mouth the keyboard player and the chorus starts again and ends with a power cord that continues to ring for another two minutes on its own before being silenced.The crowd begins to clap so few of the people could come they wanted to but it didn't matter because no one could've shown up and the four would've felt the same about what they got to do for close to five years."Thank you guys so much," It all that really could be said as the four began to play a new song that was never preformed again and never will be again. The song was a masterpiece considering that it was never ran before a crowd, and that the words where in fact, never fuller written.As the song ends the voice of the key boarder echoes through the speakers, "Hope you all liked it cause that is probably the last new song you'll ever hear from us." It seemed strange because usually if he had anything to say it was very odd of the ordinary, just the way he was."The drummer agrees with him, "Ya its a special one,"The lights go out as the drummer, the leader of the band begins to play a beat as the lead guitarist checks his equipment mostly making sure he's in tune that there is sufficient sound coming out, he gives the thumbs up leading into a song that was originally written as an acoustic but retrofitted to be a rock song.The three in the front begin to do a similar motion during small breakdowns in the intro getting a few shouts from the crowd much to their gratitude, as the intro ends the drummer begins the first verse,"I wanna walk this narrow path, but the ground is cover with broken glass,""And after my first step, my faiths bleeding, but I raise my hands to the sky and pray for strength,"The lights go out leaving the bright white light behind the drummer for the chorus."Your lllloooovvvveeee, it spreads like wildfire, and your blood it covers mmmmeee and sets me freeeee,""Now maybe, just maybe, my eyes can sssseeeeeEEEEeeeeeee,"As the color lights return so does the verse."And I can't see what you're holding on to, but you can't stop mmeee anymore......My faith is strong, much stronger than on my own, much stronger than on my oooowwwwnnnnn,""Your lllloooovvvveeee, it spreads like wildfire, and your blood it covers mmmmeee and sets me freeeee,""Now maybe, just maybe, my eyes can sssseeeeeEEEEeeeeeee,"The lights and everything but the lead guitar drops outs as an echo filled smooth rhythm from the original version of the song floats over the crowd, shortly after the piano and bass comes back in to give the fullness it needs with the lyrics"You're love it covers me, you're blood it sets me free.....You're love it covers me, you're blood it sets me ffffffffrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."The piano takes over as the rest slowly fades out as the song slowly reaches a soft, sweet end the final D cord is backed by the rest of the guys, the power cords slowly fade out.As anyone that can tell if they have read this far they would realize that the music continue as the band still has four songs but I personally feel that I really have nothing left to tell you as a reader. The members of this band now ended are Lucas Powell the lead guitarist, Carl Nicol the bassist and backing vocals, our leader Stephen Roemer the drummer and lead singer, and me Drew Howard the keyboardist and backing vocalist. I loved playing with this music and all of these guys are my best friends and even thought we don't have the chance to see each other anymore because of college, they will continue to be my best friends, my brothers, my family. If the lyrics confused you I am sorry, we are all christians in a christian influenced "rock" band. The lyrics where mostly written by myself or Steve. I will never forget the times we shared together or the people that took the time to help us by recording our cds, coming to shows, buying our stuff, anything really even just by being our friends you helped us all grow into who we are today, - we love you all.