Red River Fan Fiction ❯ For You I Will.... ❯ Just That Simple ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Summary: Koran "Core" Slate is introduced to King Kail, Ilbani, Yuri, and the others. This happens when his sister asks if the serpeinte clan can set up their tents around the city from this time onward.

Story Summary: I was a stranger to even my own people. Hidden from the world but favored as a god. Even when we came to be among Anatolia I remained masked, only to find sanctuary in the queerest of places. In King Kail’s castle, with his chief ambassador. Ilbani!

Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own any of the characters from Red River like I so wish I did. Though I do own Kail, as in main char.’s sister, and Koran, along with any other strange people I decide to add. Oh, and also I picked the Serpeinte Clan out of the Keisha Ra’ series of books. Which I also, sooo wish I had the genius to create.

For You I Will….

Prologue

Just That Simple

I sighed as my sister pushed through the sturdy door. She was so hasty with these kinds of things. It’s not like we couldn’t have waited until morning. It would have felt natural by now. But then our forces were getting a little tired of her foul mood so maybe it’s a good idea that we settled down. Not even I can stand how she’s getting anymore. Pulling my hood farther over my face I fallowed in suit. Keeping time with the rhythm the Kail’s steps.

Kail is my sister. I am Koran, or Core, and I am her brother. Kail is a strong leader, a warrior, a dancer, a diplomat, a philosopher. She’s everything a natural born leader should be. She’s what I should have been. I’m small, my appearance is morphed into this demonic form (and continues to morph). Though I am more of a fighter and dancer than my sister, I fear my own voice almost as much as I fear my face. I can stand the horror of my body, the scales are white and blend with the skin there and only stick out in the light, shining and glittering like my skin was imbedded with diamonds. But my face and neck now that’s a different story. So I wear my hood to cover it. We share this secret.

My sister’s hips swayed from side to side as she walked, but mine swayed even more. My sister’s steps were hasty and rugged, mine were smooth and fluid. You see unlike my sister I was a natural dancer, where as she was a natural warrior. She stopped before I did and I stopped beside her. We were both looking at King Kail Mursili of the Hittites along with his most trusted men and Yuri Ishtar his favored concubine and her three maids. I scanned them as my sister introduced us and claimed our reason for being here. The only reason she brought me with her to these things was to examine the people we were dealing with. I always had a keen eye for personality.

Most of them stared at my bare chest, stomach, and legs which were reflecting the sun that came through the castle windows, along with the candle light that had been placed around the room. I blushed and turned my face away. My right arm somehow snaked its way to clasp the opposite elbow uncomfortably and the people around me gasped. I knew why too. The reflected light shot across the space with such a blinding intensity it caught them off guard.

“S-ssssorry.” I proclaimed in a whispered voice. The ‘s’ was slurred enough to make it sound snake-like.

My sister put a hand on my shoulder, which relaxed me. “This is my little brother.” She glanced at me with an adoration that I did not deserve. “The pride of the Serpiente tribe! A living god among us: Katsva the god of Life.” She stated boldly. All I could do was nod.

“A god?” question the boy with long white hair in a pony-tail. This was the first time I actually looked at him and seriously I would have to say he drew my attention the most. The blush crossed my face again. It wasn’t that I was shy. I was just skittish around new people. And plus no one caught my eye like this boy - no man – did.

“No! I’m jusssst a danccccer.” I said my voice a bit stronger than last time.

My sister’s bell like laugh rung threw the room. I had to fight hard not to jump at the laugh. But I couldn’t hold back the flinch. Her laughter put me off ease for some reason. But I made sure the movement was a undetectable as possible. So I wouldn’t hurt anyone’s eye’s.

“Your too modest little brother.” She said punching me lightly on the shoulder. I didn’t flinch. Hell I didn’t even feel it. Maybe it was because I was paying so much attention to the movements of the fair haired and fair skinned man. His face is what puzzled me, it never changed no matter what my sister said. It was cold but gentle, for some reason part of me wanted to run across the room and slap it, and the other was so happy right now that none of them could see under my hood.

“We are at an agreement then.” My sisters voice replied after a few more moment’s they discussed and I watched, without listening.

“Yes, your clan my hold residence along the outside wall of the city.”

“But I have 2 more favor’s to ask.” My sister replied glancing at me.

“What are they?” asked King Mursili.

“1. My brother will stay within the castle with you, just until I begin to trust you won’t come and stab us from behind.”

My jaw literally hit the floor. Did she notice my over absorbed interest in these people? She better not have. I would surely get an earful later if she did. Then what was it that made her make this statement. My hearing and officially conked out again and so did my vision all so I could think. Did she really think they would try to assassinate her behind her back? Can’t be that would assume too much of this place. Just getting into the tent would be a challenge to even the most experienced of our finest dancer/warrior’s. So why them. I never had to stay behind before. This is just too damn weird. God damnit why now.

“Core will fill you all in on the customs of are people so you all can make an appearance there as well, so don’t worry, there we will announce to both people’s that we are now brother clan’s….Agreed?”

I snapped out of my trance as I watched them nod. Kail began to walk out and quickly I grabbed her arm.

“Don’t go!” I whispered to her pleadingly.

“Brother, you need this.” I shook my head at her sentence.

“Don’t.” I whispered again.

“Wish your sister farewell before I leave without it.” She snapped impatiently.

We maneuvered our fore arms so they where touching and clasped hands. Then with the other arm we grabbed the other elbow. Leaning forward we touched foreheads and closed our eyes.

“Asheim, mek shleve!”

Peace, my friend!

“Asheim, mek lerte!”

Peace, my ally!

“Asheim, mek terssven/retssven!”

Peace, my brother/sister!

So is the greetings and farewell of the Serpeinte Clan. So I let her go and turned back to the Hittites. “Sssso, where do I ssssleep?” I asked with a shrug.

I am dancer, I can adjust to anything. It’s just that simple.

Ilbani’s POV:

It was strange, watching the two walk into the room. But I didn’t really see the boy at first. My focus was on the woman that walked stronger than most men have in this room but with a very feminine sway. Yes, she had the body of a dancer, but she walked and placed her feet like a warrior. Another thing that surprised me was that she didn’t kneel or bow before our king. She stood tall, her eye’s keeping their hold with the king. Claiming their worth by force. Yes, this woman was not what see appeared.

I held onto every word she spoke and answered when needed. She wasn’t foolish and played her game’s well. This Kail, was more than a dancer, more than a warrior, she was a queen and made sure you know that to. Authority radiated from her, but her eye’s where something else entirely. Defiant and wild where two of the most prominent emotions her eye’s told me. Her body language said the rest.

I didn’t actually see the man beside her until a blinding light shot across my eye’s. I fell back and out of my chair with a gasp it took me so off guard. I was relieved that most of the girls had done the same. As I readjusted myself a deep voice came from where the light had originated. My eye’s were immediately drawn to the voice that sounded more like a hiss than anything else. I for once was flabbergasted beyond speech.

The boy that stood beside Kail actually glowed. But when he held still it was so obvious what that glow came from when he held very still. Tiny snake-like scales painted the masked mans body, in swirls and other odd designs. All he wore was a delicate thin piece of fabric wrapped eloquently around his hips, I once heard that in this particular clan that clothe was called a melos, decorated in shades of deep purple, gold, black, and a tone of moss green. Unlike his sister it didn’t have any tassel, fringe, bells, or any extravagant design, it just was. His skin was as white as his scales making his muscles body appear if it was carved out of stone. Definitely a warrior’s body, while his sister had a dancer’s body. Too bad he hid. His face covered in a hood that draped over his shoulders.

“A god?” I asked glancing at his sister again as I raised a single eyebrow. Many people claimed to be god’s. We had our Ishtar, and someone else had some other self-proclaimed god. So of coarse I was a little skeptical about this one even if he might have the appearance of one. It could all be faked so easily.

“No! I’m jusssst a danccccer.”

I had to fight back a laugh. Sure, he might not be a god, but I highly doubted that he was JUST a dancer. There had to be something else. He must have also been a warrior. Just by the looks of him you could already tell. But I chose not to argue and went back to the normal conversation.

Kail wanted us to let them stay on the outside edge of the city. Kail wanted peace. Kail this….Kail that….I have never heard anyone talk about themselves that much. She should have gained some of her brother’s modesty before coming to speak with King Mursili. It must have been embarrassing for the boy to even listen to. Which is probably why he stared at me….or at least I thought he was. Which also made me slightly uncomfortable.

I calmly watched the boy almost beg his sister not to leave him…..and then their….odd goodbye. Then when he turned back to us he seemed stronger than before. Which amazed me, how in a split second he can go from meek to powerful. This man was even more of a leader than his sister. He probably just didn’t no that yet.

“Sssso, where do I ssssleep?”

I immediately stepped forward. “You will be taking residence in my room.”

“Ilbani.” the king urged.

“No your majesty, someone needs to watch him, if he is an assassin you wouldn’t want him alone or sharing a room with you and your woman now will you, so I’m willing to take this risk.” I looked to the boy who seemed to look relieved.

“Fallow me.” I said as I began to lead him to my house. My gods I was in for a rough week.

I am a genius; I can handle anything. It’s just that simple.