Rent Fan Fiction ❯ Move Along ❯ Losses ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a MarkxRoger story, but I have written other stories. Please read and review!
Disclamer:I do not, nor will I ever own RENT.
 
-----------
 
“No Mimi, please no.” Roger cried.
Mimi laid on a blanket and pillow on the table in Mark and Roger's loft. She had stopped breathing and her pulse had failed. She was dead.
Everyone had their heads bowed as they listened to Roger's soft crying. They heard a siren in the distance and realized it must be the ambulance Collins called for.
Collins looked over at Roger and Mimi before leaving the loft to meet the paramedics. A few minutes later he returned with two men in white following him.
Collins spoke to them softly and pointed to the table. They walked over, but Roger was in their way.
“Sir, you need to move.” One of the men said softly. Roger remained silent. The man tried again and again got no response. Mark walked over and slowly pulled Roger off the table and waked him to the couch.
Mark sat with Roger while they took Mimi's body out of the loft. Collins, Maureen and Joanne all left without a word. This left Mark alone with the grieving Roger. Mark let him cry for a half hour before he finally spoke.
“Come on. Let's get you to bed.” Mark said gently. When Roger gave no response and showed no movement Mark brought him to his feet and led him to his bedroom. He carefully laid Roger on the bed and pulled the covers over him. He was asleep before Mark even left the room.
 
-----------
 
The next morning Roger woke up at dawn. Remember what happened the night before he closed his eyes again and willed himself to disappear. But luck was not on his side when Mark came into his room. He walked as quietly as he could to the side of the bed Roger was facing. Mark looked at Roger opened his eyes to see blue ones starring at him intently.
“Good, you're awake. Though I honestly didn't think you'd wake up so early.” Mark said with a gentle smile. Roger just grunted and rolled over.
“All right, I'll let you sleep more, but I'll be back in soon.” He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Roger tossed and turned for a half hour, tying to fall back to sleep, fore he gave up with a sigh. He got up and went to the kitchen, still in the clothes he wore the day before. He poured himself a glass of water and sat on the couch. Roger heard a door open and turned to see a half naked Mark come out of the bathroom with only a pair of jeans that hung off his hips.
Mark saw Roger and smiled. “I'm glad you're up.” Roger just nodded and Mark headed to the kitchen to get food. He came back out with a piece of toast and a cup of tea. Because of Buzzline they had been able to afford more food, some new clothes and heavier blankets, as they were still unable to pay for heat. They could even pay the rent on time now. Mark sat on the other side of the coach as he munched on his toast.
“How are you feeling?” He asked. Roger glared at him. “How do you think I feel?” Mark flinched at the venom in his voice and looked away.
“Sorry, stupid question.” Roger sighed and looked down at the glass in his hands. “No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you.”
Mark looked up at him and smiled. “That's all right.” They sat in silence until Mark finished his breakfast and got up.
“Well, I have to go film now. I'll see you tonight.” Mark said. Roger nodded and went back to his room. Mark starred at the closed door with longing before he finished getting dressed, gathering his things and leaving the loft.
 
-----------
 
That's it for chapter one, please review. Constructive criticism is welcome. Next chapter will be up soon.