Resident Evil Series Fan Fiction ❯ Midsummer's Nightmare ❯ Trienna Carson ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: All character that were created by Capcom belong to them. I own the characters that were created by me and my few friends.

Trienna Carson

Trienna was disgusted, she couldn't believe that the company that she had just been hired by, a company that was her dream job, had created a virus that turned people into the living dead. Before she had come to Raccoon City she had received an E-mail from them that was weird to say the least. The E-mail had stated that Albert Wesker, who was one of the heads of Umbrella, was going to lure the S.T.A.R.S, (Of which he was captain of.) to the Spencer estate, where "T" had been leaked, and record attack data from the subjects there. She didn't know what to make of it so she ignored it. However, after news broke of a para-military group in Raccoon City botching a simple search mission and causing their teammates to get killed, the cryptic E-mail finally made sense. Trienna had gotten physically sick and wondered if she should still accept the job. Even after the sickening news she accepted the job anyways, and as she wandered down the hall aimlessly she thought miserably "And look where this job landed me. Stuck in a mall with that bastard."


She had walked into Wesker earlier and briefly apologized. She didn't know why but whenever she was around him she had an urge to slap him with all of the force she could muster. She tried to avoid him as much as she could, but that was an attempt in futility seeing as the sleeping arrangements meant that everyone slept in the same room. As she wandered down the hall lost in thought she crashed into the young man who was dressed in a Victorian style suit. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" She quickly apologized. "I wasn't watching were I was----" She was cut off by the man putting his fingers up to her lips and quietly shushing her. "It's all right. You don't need to apologize. It was just as much my fault as it was yours." And with that he slipped into a doorway and disappeared. "Trienna was well aware of the fact that she was blushing. "Who was that? Oh wait, I know who that is. That's Edward Nighthart, from that vampire band." She didn't have their album but she would listen to the singles they had out on the radio. After she settled down from being touched by an almost famous rockstar she continued down the hall.


She came to a split in the hall with a hallway going left and a hallway going right. Trienna looked both ways and decided to turn down the left hallway. As she walked down the hallway she passed Euripedes Pepelov Jewelery, a very high-end jewelery store that pieces of jewelery that she would never be able to afford, even in her wildest dreams. She looked inside and saw a guy with wild pink hair and the tennis player. She decided against going in the jewelery store and continued down the hall. She now passed Ripz Off, a designer clothing store whose name really described their clothing. A rip off. She looked inside and saw Edward Nighthart in there looking at some of the clothes that was on the racks. Again she backed out of the doorway and continued to walk down the hall.


She stopped in front of the little hallway that led to the door to the roof. She thought about going onto the roof but she then remembered why she didn't like going outside, the smell of rotting flesh in the summer heat. She finally reached the very last store on this end of the hallway, Frank's Cameras and Electronics. She went into the store and saw a small group of four people playing the new "Guitar Warrior" game on a Game-Station 420. She ignored them and went straight to a computer that had been hooked up to an internet outlet. She connected to the internet and headed straight to the Umbrella company worksite. She logged on with her username and entered her password.

When she was confirmed she headed straight to the virus research files. She scanned them slowly, reading each word carefully. "G-virus?" She wondered out loud as she read down the page. "Wait, William Birkin? I remember him! He was the scientist who welcomed me and the others. Well, him and his wife...." She continued thinking out loud. She didn't notice it but her thinking out loud attracted the attention of Shaun Pegg. "What's all this about viruses?" He asked her, his British accent sending a shiver down her spine. "What? Oh, it's nothing. I'm just remembering something about viruses." She quickly lied while secretly closing the page she had up. " And what do you want? Weren't you busy over there playing that guitar game?" Shaun chuckled a little bit. "Yeah, I was. I just got tired of beating them so badly. So, aren't you an Umbrella scientist? What are you doing here instead of being at an Umbrella laboratory?" Trienna started to panic. She had to come up with an excuse that didn't sound like she was scared.


Trienna stammered for a minute before answering Shaun. "I...was....." She cleared her throat and straightened her posture out. "I was at home when this happened. I didn't have time to get to an Umbrella facility." The expression on her face became angered. "But what business do you have asking me these questions? The work I do at Umbrella is classified information. Civilians like you have no goddamn business trying to find out. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave this place." She turned around and left the area in a hurry. That was the first time she had ever told someone off like that, usually she would shy away from conflict. But something about the questions that man asked got under her skin. She exited the store and made a straight walk over to the First-Aid office. Her head was beginning to pound and she wanted to get a couple of aspirins to stop the migraine before it could get to full strength.


She entered the First-Aid office and spotted a 15 year-old boy laying on a small cot. She recognized him as Zak Generic, the only injured person to survive the move from the police station to the mall. While his injuries weren't life-threatening they were pretty damn serious. She spotted a medicine chest and opened it. She found the bottle of aspirin she was looking for and popped two of them. She got a disposable cup of water and swallowed the pills. She sat on a chair and watched Zak sleep, before falling asleep herself.