Resident Evil Series Fan Fiction ❯ Worth Fighting For ❯ The Contract ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
DISCLAIMER: I don’t own Resident Evil or its characters
Leon sighed as he stood outside the President’s office, it had been nearly six months since his return to his job after he had rescued Ashley yet he felt restless still. He still had nightmares about the Raccoon city incident and what had happened in Europe on top the evident sexual tension that he could tell Ashley felt towards him didn’t help matters either. He jumped as the door opened, startled as Ashley came storming out and yelling how “inconsiderate everyone else was of her feelings”; she nearly threw herself at Leon and began to sob as the president, his wife, and another girl that Leon had never seen before emerged from the office. The girl smiled at him and shook her head before heading down the hall as two guards attempted to pull Ashley off of him.
“Leon, tell them you want to stay here with me!” She cried as they began to drag her away. He was puzzled as the president sighed and motioned for Leon to follow him into his office. As the door shut behind him he saw how the president didn’t take a seat behind the desk like he normally would but instead stood standing, staring out at the vast lawn on the other side of the window.
“Leon, would you describe yourself as happy here?” The president sounded tired when he asked this. Leon was silent for a moment before answering.
“I’m pretty happy here.”
“Pretty happy? Do you feel you could improve your skills elsewhere?”
“I don’t understand what you mean sir.” The president sighed and turned around to face him.
“Leon, I’ve known you my entire term. You saved my daughter, kept my family safe, and have done your country proud. But there is something no president before me has ever mentioned and had forgotten until today.” He was silent and looked Leon in the eye, almost as if he was seeing if he could handle the news he was about to share.
“What would that be sir?”
“You see, when this great nation was in the revolution our founding fathers asked for help from a certain group. After we won the group solidified a contract that stated once a leader was elected they would be visited again. When our first president was elected the leader of the group that helped us came to visit in the middle of the night. In return for their help they would cash in on a favor at any given time. The time would be determined by either the leader or the leader’s descendant. Now you see, this was never an issue since we assumed after the cold war when the leader and his ‘descendant’ stopped visiting that the contract had been voided.” He paused and sat down with a sigh. “We were visited today by the descendant of the leader, that girl you saw leaving has decided to cash in on the contract we made back in 1788. She decided that since in that war so many of her people had been lost it was only fair that we repay that debt by giving her one of our own for an issue that has arisen within her group.”
“And I was chosen for this sir?” The president had a grim expression as he nodded.
“I’m sorry Leon, you are the most accomplished guard and have the highest chance of coming back alive. She should be waiting in the debriefing room with Hunnigan and will give you details there.” The president looked upset as Leon left the room, and he couldn’t help but wonder just what this mission was that there was little chance of coming back alive from.

So that’s it for this part, hope you all enjoyed it.