Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ CAH Presnets ❯ Betty And Co -- "The Bad Luck Maid" ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
CAH Presents:
“Betty and Co.”
In “The Bad Luck Maid”
By Dr. Thinker
 
-B-
 
Betty and her pals were in their Clue Carrier, Betty and Anna was in the far back, playing catch with a few stale meatballs from the pasta they had a few hours ago. William, Josephine, and Donald were in the front city.
 
Donald asked, “So why did you pick this stupid road again?”
 
Josephine replied, “Well, I heard that Siren City has a big library—and I wanted to check it out.”

One of the stale meatballs got tossed hard tossed to in the front book. Josephine ducks the meatball—and turned to Anna and Donna, “Please, watch where you throwing the meatballs.”
 
Anna remarked, “You better watch the road, because a garage truck coming at this.”
 
Josephine turned the van-and crashed into the wall of a near-by building—revealing it to an automobile repair shop. The gang were ok—they know that the Clue Carrier has been in many cashes
 
Donald remarked, “I think is one of the oddest crashes—if not the oddest of them all, we been in.”
 
The garage truck stopped outside-and the tall garage man with red-hair step in the shop, looking around and then said, “Sorry, about the crash---lucky I'm finished with the garage duty—but it's going take a while to get your van back on the road.. My name is George Friday.”
Betty asked in a loud voice, “What's that noise—it's giving me a headache?”
 
Anna asked, “What noise?”
 
Just then it got loud—
 
George stated, “It's the town park—the Nasty Mermaid was it.”

Donald asked, “The Nasty Mermaid?”

George replied, “She gives the goose bumps, even her legend is downright evil, I wouldn't tell outsides-but the librarian is cross the park—but if I would, I would find a hotel—and park myself there until this van is fixed.”
 
Josephine remarked, “We handle legends and myth before.”
 
George laughed as the gang left the repair shop.
 
-B-
 
The gang arrived in the park. It was nearly-empty—but they discover an odd sound—leaving them lake in the park-and discover that the mermaid was driving in the city's lake.
 
Donald remarked, “I would believe it—if I didn't see it was my own eyes.”
 
A red-hair man in a fine suit appeared and said, “You are in for some bad luck that makes breaking a mirror look like small potatoes.”
 
Anna asked, “Is a breaking mirror giving you seven years of bad luck?”
 
The man remarked, “That's correct, kid—but seeing any part of that mermaid gives you fourteen years of bad luck. My name is Thomas Firm, I'm the mayor. I got a story for you—a spooky story. Legends say year ago: that mermaid was a normal mermaid that lived in the ocean not to far away from Siren City. There was peace for sometime, but in the 1920s, she caused a plot of trouble for the entire city. One of the more honorable gangsters—a decent of Merlin, himself—cursed the mermaid into what she appears today.”
 
Anna replied, “Let's get out of here.”
 
Josephine remarked, “Don't be a scary cat, Anna. Beside we stuck here until George fixes our van, and we do no harm in trying to solve this mystery.”
 
Anna muttered, “Why me?”
 
Josephine replied, “Let's split up. William, Anna, and Betty will explore the park, while Donald and I are going to explore the rest of the town.”
 
-B-
 
Anna, Betty and William explored the park for 8 hours—but with the cloud cover working across the sky—means the park was a spooky place for the group. They discovered that the park lake is here six rivers ends—just as they returned to the lake—they saw the face of the Nasty Mermaid: an ugly hag of a mermaid: green hair, dark green blouse and a dark green tail.

William yelled, “Let chase down that monster!”
 
Anna and Betty know William may get slime or hurt by the possible real monster, so they despite their fear—they slowly followed William—but this didn't last lone-as the Nasty Mermaid spotted then—and then began one of their usually monster chases for eight hour.
 
Anna remarked, “Man, like I thought that mermaid would be slow on land—as they like have no legs.”

William remarked, “Amazies!”

Anna recognized that phrase—Amazies is William's “I found a clue” phras. It took a sometime for the group to re-learn it after the adult William rejoined the gang.
 
Betty asked, “Find a clue?”
 
William replied, “Yes, the clue is a piece of red hair.”
 
Anna joked, “It might be a red herring. Get it: red herring!”
Betty laughed and then remarked, “I don't get it.”
 
William said, “Both George and Thomas have red-hair.”
 
-B-
 
Anna, Betty, and William found Donald and Josephine at the library. They find them talking to a red-hair female with a camera.
 
The camera person said, “That mermaid isn't bad luck. I took a picture of her—and I got any bad luck. The people are too paranoia for my own taste. That legend is a joke-if you ask me.”

Anna replied, “We just got chase by that creepy sea hag for last eight hours.”
 
Donald remarked, “Oh, good grief.”
 
The camera person replied, “Took the words right out of my mouth. I heard you guys were the infamous detectives who solve fake mysterious—I have a picture to proof that I'm not the monster.” The camera tossed a photo to Donald—but Betty picks up the photo, looked at it, and said “Yep. That's the rotten siren.” Anna soon took the photo from Betty and gives it to William.

Josephine asked, “Thanks Ms….”
 
The camera person remarked, “Wilma Wormstone, at your service.”
 
William asked, “Where did this picture taken?”
 
Wilma replied, “The old mansion of Judge Gorgon, the decent of the person who caused the hag himself.”
 
-B-
 
The old mansion had saw better pays-and it was spooky to Anna and Betty.
 
Josephine remarked, “Come on, girls. Are you man or cats?”
 
Anna and Betty meowed in unison.
 
William remarked, “Who has the Meow Chips?”
 
Anna and Betty eyes open up wide. Meow Chips were their favorite snacks—and they would almost anything for them. Anna and Betty opened up the mouths wide—and Donald tossed two Meow Chips to Anna and Betty, who swallowed up the chips and then pushed the gang inside the old mansion—to walked right into the Nasty Mermaid herself—and this began after chase—this time for 3 hours. They landed in a hidden cavern under the house.
 
Anna remarked, “It's a stocked kitchen. Usually ghost don't need to eat—but since we dealing with a mermaid—it's seems logical she need food. Hmmm—I wonder what's she's been eating: pasta with shrimp. A real mermaid won't be eating fishes.”
 
William yelled, “Amazies!”
 
Donald asked, “What did you discover this time?”
 
William holed up, “The answer to our chaotic siren—and time will turn the tables on that old hag. Here's what going to do.”
-B-
 
Anna muttered, “I hope we get Etta on a case, soon, so that we don't kept playing live bait for the rest of our lives.”
 
Betty nodded in head—but just as she down it—she spotted the mermaid—and said, “Do you know were we can find a fish stick in the sea?”
 
The Nasty Mermaid starting chase—but Betty and Anna led the ugly hag though to the park location—were the gang has set up a trap.
 
Josephine remarked, “Ready?”

William nodded—as her hand move closer the level. Her hand reached the level at just as Betty and Anna pasted her vision—and then it was pulled—resulting in a huge land hook to hook the mermaid up: “You pay for that one you noisy kid and their stupid cat.”
 
Anna remarked, “Well, that's a fist—the monster spoke that line before the unmasking.”
 
William said, “We move the unmasking—and if my clues are correct.” She paused to remove the ugly mermaid mask to reveal that Wilma Wormstone was looking angry at them.

Betty asked, “I bet that photo was made by Anna to trick us.”
 
William remarked, “You win that bet. The photo tricked me for a while—but this newspaper revealed the answer. The mermaid costume is really a disguised scuba suit you stole from a Prof. Susan Siren.”

Anna said, “She lives in University City. Isn't Skyville closer to that city then Siren City?”
 
William replied, “The newspaper also revealed that Prof. Siren called the police—who closed the Skyville airport. Wilma came here to wait until the thief was forgotten and the Skyville airport open.”
 
-B-
 
The police took William to jails and the clues William found to the police's evidence locker. The gang was happy that the mystery was over for a few days. Donald, William and Josephine were exiting the hotel they stay it—as George Friday brought the gang's their van.
 
George asked, “Where's that other girl and that large cat?”
 
Just then, a large collection of food appears before them. The voice of Anna remarked, “Just need something to snack for the drive home.”

The voice of Betty said, “That's goes double for me.”
 
Donald, William and Josephine laughed.
 
--THE END—