Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ How? ❯ I Give Him What You Don't ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“How…how could you DO that to him?”
 
Zenki sat alone in the family study; eyes clenched shut and jaw set firmly. Her fingers tangled together, balling her hands into a single fist in front of her nose. Her sensitive ears picked up the soft sleeping noises of her siblings in the other room. She looked so serious for a girl who was only of fifteen years.
 
“Did you SEE what you did to him?!”
 
The blood from her mothers' body was still splattered across the room; on the walls, across the shelves of books, staining the carpet and the marble gargoyle statues in either a diagonal streak or in shallow puddles.
 
“Shut UP! I don't CARE what you think of him!”
 
The rest of the family would be waking up soon. They would walk into the kitchen and make breakfast, and then go out and do their own things. Jei would come and find her as soon as breakfast was over, not so used to the fact that she hadn't attended the morning meal.
 
He's mine. He belongs to me!
 
Zenki smirked, breaking the stone-esque features of her face. He would run in, Jei, calling for her like he always did. Then he would freeze and Zen could just picture his expression: one of confusion and revulsion as he laid his lovely eyes on the dismembered corpse of their mother. Then he would look at Zen and begin to cry. It never took much to make the boy cry.
 
“You know he's mine! Yet you did that to him anyway! You WHORE!”
 
She licked her lips slowly, eyes opening into hazy half circles. Normally he got into trouble for crying so much. Zenki never had a problem with his it, though. It always made her feel…feel…a sort of pleasure.
 
…You're wrong! I love him! I give him what everyone else in this family denies!
 
Zenki knew her mother had been wrong when she accused her of making Jei into something to be used. The woman hadn't known anything about what Zen did for the only boy that had been born into the family. The girl had given her little brother someone that he could come to with his problems. She had given him a person he could talk to. She had given him the pleasure of being loved. Her mother hadn't known what she was talking about when she stated that there was a difference between giving pleasure and giving love. She had accused Zen of raping her brother, but the girl knew that she only touched her brother when he wanted to be touched. Then she had been slapped.
 
Now it doesn't matter, does it? You're going to be dead soon…
 
That was why the dismembered figure of her mother lay strewn across the study. No one ever slapped Zen. Ever. It was an unspoken law between her and everyone else in the world. The same with hurting Jei. No one ever hurt Jei without being beaten or killed. Her mother had been foolish enough to disregard both things. Zen had needed to fix her brothers nose and ribs after he had been late to bed.
 
Heh.
 
Jei needed her, and she needed him. It was like civil exchange. She didn't understand why some people didn't understand it.
 
It would be morning soon, Zenki thought.