Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ rendezvous ❯ first date ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suki scooped tons of food into her mouth, while keeping her ears perked up. The waiting game.
Her father sighed and pointed at the TV dinner.
 
“Eat, he can wait.”
 
Suki sighed longily and reluctantly shoveled in more food. Her father rolled his eyes and returned to watching television.
 
Tonight was the odd occasion of sitting in the living room, eating food that was heated up in the microwave.
 
Usually, it was macaroni and cheese, Suki's half-sister's favorite dinner.
 
And since her half-sister wasn't even four, things usually went her way.
 
But tonight, Suki got partially frozen shepherd's pie. Oh, Yum, right?
 
With only a quarter of her food left, Suki tried to stuff the whole contents of her plate into her mouth.
 
Slow down!” Her father sighed, just as the doorbell rang.
 
Suki jumped up, leaving her food on the coffee table. She ran through the living room and was just walking down the stairs when…
 
“Come back up here and eat, Suki! I will answer the door.”
 
A girl's worst nightmare. Her dad answering the door to your first boyfriend on your first date. Soooooo not embarassing in the least.
 
Still, Suki returned to her meal, stuffing it all in her mouth as her father disappeared behind the banister.
 
She heard the door opening.
 
That's a good sign, dad hasn't taken out the chainsaw yet…
 
Robert-kun answered the door reluctantly. His little girl, only 13, going out on her first date. He shuddered at the thought of the young man's wandering hands.
 
He still remembered being a teenager. Man! All he thought about was breasts and butts. And sex! Not his little girl! No way!
 
Robert-kun put on his best mean-face and looked into the eyes of his daughter's date.
 
Oh, he thought, he has no piercings… no condoms in his pockets… he looks polite enough…
 
“Hello, sir, you must be Suki-chan's father,” Aoiri-kun said politely, holding out his hand.
 
“O-Oh, um… H-Hello, young man!” Robert-kun stammered, trying to hide his surprise. He started to feel guilty, he had expected a more openly peverted boy, since his daughter was so well-developed…
 
What am I thinking? This is good! He's not a sex-hound… to my knowledge…
 
Suki fluffed up her hair and rushed down the stairs, trying to be in time to stop her father from asking the dreaded question, what are your intentions with my daughter?
 
Aoiri looked like a complete gentleman and his face lit up when Suki came into view. He didn't say anything except a warm `hello,' but she could see it in his eyes, that he was truly happy to see her.
 
“OK, come on upstairs you two, and please, no more drooling,” her dad said, embarassed.
 
“O-oh…” Aoiri chuckled lightly, checking his mouth to make sure that he wasn't really drooling.
 
Suki's cheeks flushed a vibrant red as she headed upstairs, Aoiri following close behind.
 
“Sit down,” her father said roughly, motioning for the vacant chair in the living room.
 
Suki and Aoiri sat on the footstool, their shoulders touching, and their kness clashing together as they sat down.
 
Syria was there, too, so of course, Byrai, her daughter (Suki's half-sister) was there as well.
 
“So…” Robert-kun began.
 
PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHAT HIS INTENTIONS ARE WITH ME!!!!!! Suki thought drastically, her knees starting to shake. Aoiri shot her a comforting glance and pressed his shoulders even closer to hers.
 
“What school do you go to? What's your family status? What's your GPA? How old are you? You have any siblings? Do you smoke? Drugs? Drink? WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR?”
 
Aoiri smiled and replied: “I go to Shirai academy, it's an immersion school, just like the school Suki-chan goes to. My parents are divorced. But things are good with them. My GPA is 3.9. I'm 15, almost 16. I have one sibling, an older sister. I do NOT smoke, drink or do drugs. And um… why do you need to know my favorite colour?”
 
“Just answer the question,” Robert said firmly.
 
“Um… blue, I guess.”
 
“OK, well, thank you Aoiri, now how about I drive the two of you to your date?”
 
WHAT?” Suki asked, horrified.
 
“I'm driving you guys, if that's OK.”
 
PLEASE, NOOOOOOOOO
 
“That is very kind of you, Mr. Aikiro, Suki-chan and I thank you profusely for the ride.”
 
“Yeah, um, what he said,” Suki added, a faint flush across her cheeks.
 
Robert led the young teens down the winding stairs and to the front door. Suki scrambled into her room and pulled out a green, denim jacket. Aoiri stood in the hallway, sliding on his shoes.
 
“Don't you have a coat, Aoiri-kun?” Robert asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Um, no, I kind of forgot it,” Aoiri answered as he slipped on his other shoe.
 
“Here,” Robert said huffily, handing Aoiri a black jacket from the closet. “You don't want to catch a cold.”
 
Aoiri smiled with gratitude and put on the bit-too-big coat.
 
Suki's cheeks flared red when she realized how good Aoiri looked in that jacket…
 
Her father led the way outside, the young couple followed reluctantly. Suki wanted really badly to run back inside and close her door for all eternity, just because she was suffering so much embarassment.
 
Aoiri noticed her timidness and leaned his head on her shoulder. “It's OK, your dad wants to drive us to our first date, that's normal.”
 
They walked into the old, dimly-painted van. Aoiri was in the passenger seat and Suki had to sit next to the carseat, (for her half-sister). She wanted really badly to sit next to Aoiri, and maybe hold his hand…
 
She suddenly realized that they had never held hands. Not even in a poking fight, he had always held her wrists.
 
And then at Mahoko's party…
 
 
They all clambered onto the bus, the group of teens taking over a quarter of it. Their cheeks were red from running to catch the bus, and since they were so late for it, barely any seats were vacant. Suki headed for an open seat, since she was the first one on. Aoiri followed and sat down next to her. Her cheeks flushed red as he poked her inner elbow repeatedly.
 
Thus, the poking game.
 
The one problem was that he kind of poked her till her arm went completely numb.
 
When they arrived back at Mahoko's house, several people headed home, Tikiri thought it would be fun, on the way to the party, to `skirt' Suki, just as Aoiri glanced back.
 
Suki was horrified, even though she was wearing a skort.
 
At the house, while everyone was fussing of Allycia, Suki grabbed a piece of cake and got Aoiri RIGHT in the face. She immediately dropped it on the floor. He then picked it up and spread it across her shirt. Mahoko got mad and made them clean up the mess, the whole time they were laughing and looking into each other's eyes.
 
Then of course, Suki's dad had to ruin such a perfect party. By calling her on her cell phone and causing her to burst into tears. And THEN arriving at Mahoko's house and scaring her witless.
 
 
Such an emotional night… Suki sighed, leaning her head against the window. She jumped up in her seat when she realized that they had arrived at the cannery.
 
And… it was closed.
 
So Robert graciously drove them to the video store to rent a movie. Aoiri took out his wallet after deciding on `The Omen' but Suki insisted on paying for it, out of guilt.
 
The ride home was short, and they were soon back in the garage of Suki's house.
 
Robert made a big deal about Suki's door remaining open as he headed upstairs.
 
Suki put the movie in her DVD player, one of the only posessions in her room that was actually new, all the rest of the stuff, her TV, CD player, lights, clothes, were rejects from the living room.
 
Aoiri lay down on the bed, leaving room beside him for Suki to lay as well.
 
Suki felt sufficiently awkward, she was so sweaty and nervous. She was afraid to hold his hand, because he might notice how sweaty her palms were, or how fast her heart was beating. She sighed slowly.
 
Aoiri kept on looking at Suki's hands, throughout the movie. He finally started to poke her and when she grabbed his hand to stop his poking, they just kept their hands like that.
 
At one point, when the credits were rolling, Aoiri had rolled over, onto his side. Suki had done the same since he was still holding her hands. The boy kept on looking at her, just looking at her, looking into her eyes, looking at her hair…
 
He wanted so badly to kiss her.
 
And just as they were about to kiss, in came Mr. Aikiro.
 
“Movie over?” he asked, looming in the doorway.
 
“Just about,” Suki said, red faced and embarassed. He was going to kiss me, too! Stupid dad!
 
When they couldn't prolong the movie any longer, (they had been watching `ominisms', a special feature) Robert opted to give Aoiri a ride. Suki was of course dying of embarassment, but came as well, trying to prevent her father and Aoiri-kun from EVER being alone together. EVER.
 
The ride went quietly, Robert asked some more questions and Aoiri-kun answered them all.
 
He's so sweet, Suki thought, her cheeks blazing red. But this was a good red. A good feeling.
 
The car stopped in front of Aoiri's house and Suki got out of the car with him. They walked to his front door and Suki gave him a warm hug before turning away.
 
“Goodbye.”
 
“Goodbye,” he replied, smiling.
 
Suki walked into the passenger seat, thinking, this is where he was sitting. This is where he was sitting!
 
“You give him a goodbye kiss?”
 
“No!” she said quickly, her cheeks reddening.
 
But I really, really wanted to…