Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune And Kirin ❯ The Girl Who Cries For Freedom ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The moon, bright and full, shines down on a quiet neighborhood. It's flight casting shadows which fall upon a lifeless grassy yard. All is silent. All except sobbing inside a house. A young girl cries.

She dries her tears, her calm blue eyes readened and puffy from her weaping. Her red strands of hair covering her face as though to conceal her crying in shame.

She stops. Her eyes turn to the window next to the couch she is sitting on. She looks and waits. What is she waiting for?

Chapter One
After regaining her composure the girl's eyes became tough and almost cold-like.

"It's quiet," she said in the still silence. Almost immediately the silence was broken and a dark figure, who's face was not visible, appeared from within the darkness.

"You works not done yet, Kitsune." The dark figure's voice was malicious and raspy.

Kitsune eyes didn't move, nor did her body. Her voice was soft yet sad. "I should have known, it'll never end will it?"

"You're my servant and you obey my orders from now until enternity," The figure said with great force and command. "Don't ask questions, just bring me souls!" As the figure said this his body faded away into the darkness leaving Kitsune all alone once again.

"I'm trapped," Tears began to fall from her eyes faster than she could sweep them away. "There's no was out."

The silence was once again broken, but this time it was the sound of restless creatures seaking something outside Kitsune's window.

They come from the shadows. His creatures of the night, predators of the darkness. Set in stone, but prepared to take on any human life form they can get their claws on. Their noses keen. They pick up the scent of a soul. Their shapes take form and their after it!

"He's here!" Kitsune's heart began to race. "There's no mistake about it. They sense his soul."

----

Kitsune woke up after an hour long and much needed nap. She stretched herself and rolled her body in the sheets trying her best to get out of her comfy bed.

It had been an exceptionally good month. So far she hadn't been requested by her "master" to collect a soul which was normal considering a soul usually lasted him 2 to 3 months depending upon the person and they're spirit energy. Kitsune hated the job more than anything and would have given anything to stop what she was doing, but she was bound to her "masters" commands.

But why? She thought. Why must I suffer because he chose me. Just because I was weak and vulnerable at the time it doesn't mean....HE HAS NO RIGHT!!

Kitsune often talked to herself in her head. She had no one else to talk to about her problem. Sure she had friends, but she could never tell them what was troubling her for fear her master would kill them. He was such a heartless creature, sucking the life out of innocent young men so that he could stay alive. He may have seemed like a spoiled child, barely able to care for or defend himself, having Kitsune get souls for him, but she knew better. Besides the fact that he had soul seeking spirits guarding the whole of Kitsune's house he also had special powers that he could use whenever he chose to. The only problem was that when he did he would mostly certainly die or so Kitsune believed was the most probable outcome. But either way Kitsune wasn't about to find out whether this probability was true or not.

---

Kitsune's eyes wandered across the room to a guy sitting two rows from her. His hair shown bright red and his eyes forest green.

If only I didn't have this curse placed on me, Kitsune's eyes were filled with weary. Then we could be more than just friends. Then you would know how much I cared for you, Rayne.

"Are you ok, Kira?" Rayne was talking to Kitsune using her real name. Of course no one knew she had a second life. A second name. "Is something wrong?"

Kitsune brought herself back into reality after imagining her and Rayne together. "Y..y..yeah I'm fine." Her voice was startled and nervous at the same time. "I don't what's wrong with me today."

"Well for one were going to be late to class if we don't get moving," Rayne said in a cheerful yet anxious voice.

"Sorry," Was all she could say as she followed Rayne out the door.