Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ UNDER THOSE BLANKETS ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 19 - UNDER THOSE BLANKETS
ANN'S POV
“You went to the Amusement Park??” he asked. I nodded, still wiping my tears away.
“I can explain. The kiss was just----
“Don't worry. I didn't cry because of that. I cried because I felt Tricia's pain.” I explained as tears are forming again in my eyes.
“Here you again… You never fail to surprise me.” he said.
“Go to your room now. It's already late.” He added as took my hand, accompanying me to my room.
“Good night.” He greeted and he closed my door softly. (sigh) how can I be so mean? It was entirely my fault. I know that Tricia still likes James and yet I agreed to be James' girlfriend. :(
FLASHBACK
“Father, why are you giving away much of our bread to the humans?” I asked.
“My dear Aikaterina, they need it more than we do.” He replied.
“But how about us?” I asked again.
“Aikaterina, always remember that you should think first of the welfare of others before yourself. Be not self-centered because a just ruler thinks about the welfare of his men before himself. Leadership isn't about a leader being served by his men, but it is about a leader being of service to his men. I hope you understand my dear. You know we're sorcerers and we are capable of doing impossible things that humans can't do. We should at least offer service to them because they are as fragile as a newborn baby.” He lectured.
“Thanks father. I understand now. I am sorry for being so immature. I promise to be a good and a just leader when the time comes.” I answered.
END OF FLASHBACK
(sigh) Tricia is human, she's fragile. I should be the one understanding her. But what should I do? Break-up with James? In that way, her life would not be miserable again. Yes, I should break-up with him. I stood up and was about to go James' room, but I realized…that if I'll break-up with him, I'll only hurt his feelings. (sigh) and if I'll break-up with him, where will I stay? Where will I live? Stupid me, after all James has done to me, how could I break with him like that??? Ugh!!! I'm devastated right now. What will I do so I can't hurt them both?
Well, Tricia only sees us together at school, so, I can just tolerate James at school so she won't be hurt. Right! Good idea Ann :)
NARRATOR'S POV
Ann and James went to school the next day. The moment they reached the school grounds, Ann was already tolerating James.
“James, I'll go now to my room.” Ann quickly said and ran towards the stairs.
“Hey.” James called. He sighed. “She didn't even wait for my reply. Hmp!.” James told his self.
When Ann reached her room, she was glad to see that Tricia was already attending school.
“Tricia.” She called.
“Ann, hi!” she waved. Ann went to her and had their conversation.
“How are you?” Ann asked.
“I'm fine.” She answered.
“I was really worried yesterday about you.” Ann uttered.
“Aww, really? Thanks.” She smiled.
“Wait. I have something for you.” Tricia said as she took something from her bag.
“Here.” she then handed Ann a bracelet made of wool.
“What's this for?” Ann innocently asked.
“That's a friendship bracelet. I have mine too.” She showed Ann her bracelet.
“Friendship bracelet?” she asked.
“It's a symbol of our friendship. I hope we can be friends until we get old.” Tricia smiled. Ann smiled back. This made her more convinced to ignore James for the rest of the school year just for her.
“Wear it everyday okay?” Tricia said.
“Of course.”
After four boring class hours past, it was already lunchtime.
“Can I seat with you this lunch?” Tricia asked Ann.
“Of course, anytime.” Ann merrily replied.
“Let's hurry up; James might be waiting for us.” Tricia said. *James?* Ann thought. Ann quickly held Tricia's arm to stop her.
“Uh—Tricia, let's just eat outside. James said he'll be eating with his friends today.” Ann lied.
“Really? Okay then, where do you want to eat?”
----
On the other hand, James, who was sitting on one of the tables in the cafeteria, was glancing at his watch again and again. *Why is she still not here?* he asked his self. Just then, his friends called him and invited him to sit with them.
“Dude, come sit with us.” Dino invited. James scratched his head. He was oscillated whether to wait for Ann or go sit with his friends.
“What's wrong men?” Paul asked.
“Uh—does anybody here know where Ann is?” he asked.
“Oh yea, I saw her with Tricia earlier, I think they'll be eating outside.” Josh informed.
“Why? Didn't your girlfriend inform you?” Paul asked.
“Cool, so your ex-girlfriend and your girlfriend are friends?” Gian asked.
He sighed and joined them on the table. “Just shut up okay?” James exclaimed.
“Yeah whatever.” Gian replied.
James had a long boring spare time during lunch break, but it's so sad that he hasn't shared it with Ann. She was nowhere to be found. While strolling on the hallway, he luckily saw Ann bringing lot of books. *so, she's been busy now that she's a student ^^* James thought. He quickly ran to her and tried to help her with the loads she's carrying.
“Ann, let me help you.” James said.
“No, it's okay, I'm fine.”
“Are you kidding? C'mon, give these bo---
“I'm fine okay?” she exclaimed and walked out. *what's wrong with her?* James thought.
James was stunned of how Ann behaved earlier. He thought about it the whole afternoon. *Why was Ann like that? Is there something wrong with her?* he asked his self.
After class, James was informed about their soccer practice this afternoon. But still, he hesitated in inviting Ann to watch their soccer practice after their encounter during lunch break.
“Ann.” He called calmly.
Ann, who was fixing her things inside her locker, turned to face him.
“Yes?” she replied.
“Would you want to watch my soccer practice this afternoon?” he asked.
“Huh? Uh—uhmm, I still need to do some school works with Trixie. I'm afraid we need more time to accomplish it.” She lied.
“Really? Alright. I'll see you later then. About 5:45 PM.” James informed.
“Okay, I'll wait for you here in my locker.” She said and left.
James was sad knowing that he hasn't spent much time with his girlfriend today. He sadly went to the soccer field for the said practice.
Meanwhile, Ann still doesn't know where she's going just to avoid James, until she met Tricia.
“Hey Ann.” She called.
“Aren't you going to watch James' practice today?” she asked.
“Uh--- I still have to go to the library. I need to finish something.” Ann explained.
“Really? Let's go together then. I'm going there too.” She smiled.
“Great.” Ann answered.
While on the library, Ann read random books just to convince Tricia that she's really busy. She also pretended to be writing salient points from the books she has read.
“Ann, it's already 5:30 PM, I need to go now.” Tricia said.
“Okay.” Ann replied.
When Tricia left, Ann sighed heavily and stopped reading the book she's holding. There were already a few students left in school since it's already quarter to six. She went back to her locker to wait for James.
-----
James headed to the soccer field and started the warm-up. He concentrated seriously during the practice since it's only three days more before the Championship game. He tried not to think of Ann so he could really concentrate in practicing.
The coach whistled. “That's all for today. Okay, you may now leave.” he said.
James' teammates then ran to their girlfriends. James was jealous seeing his teammates taken care by their girlfriends. He stared at them, until he saw someone who was not supposed to be here. He went to her and asked,
“Hey Trixie, how long have you been here?” James asked.
“Since your practice started. Why?” she asked.
“Don't you have school works needed to be accomplished with Ann?” James asked again.
“Nope. We don't.” she shook her head.
After what he heard, his blood began to boil. He ran quickly to where Ann said that she would wait for him and saw her waiting there. He walked towards her and nailed his hand on the locker wall.
“Why did you lie?” James asked, looking at Ann's eyes furiously as their faces were just inches away. [like this- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=168107419868745&set=a.1681072 49868762.40803.131542623525225 , BUT CONSIDER THAT JAMES WAS REALLY FURIOUS ]
“Huh?”
“I talked to Trixie; she said you have no school works with her at all.”
“James, let's talk about this matter at ho----
“Why did you lie?”
“It's because Tricia---
“Tricia? Tricia again?”
“James, I am just----
“Will just stop caring about her? Ever since you've been friends, you never had time with me. All you cared about was her. And now you even learned how to lie to me.” James exclaimed.
Ann just stared at James eyes which were full of hatred at that time. Ann didn't respond. James bowed his head and took his hand off the wall. He sat in defeat and covered his face. Ann just stood there beside him, still stunned. Few minutes after, James stood up and walked out. Ann silently followed.
On the way home, they had a silent ride. There was a bad atmosphere between them. No one bothered to talk. When they arrived, Ann decided to be the one to cook dinner for the two of them. She cooked James' favorite sinigang. She already planned to apologize for what she has done, yet, she haven't got the chance cause James went directly to his room after eating.
She took a deep breath and followed him in his room. As she peeked to his door, he saw him sitting quietly in his balcony. She quietly got inside and sat beside him. Unlike before, there were no more spaces in between them. He didn't react; he was still silent in his seat. Ann took his hand with her both hands.
“I'm sorry.” She uttered.
“Aren't you going to surprise me again? Like singing the Cuppycake Song or bake my favorite chocolate cake?” James asked.
“Do you want me to do that?” she softly asked.
Ann got no respond. Ann cleared her throat, she was about sing,
“You're my honeybunch, Sugarplu----
“It won't do any good.” James cut her off. He broke away from Ann's hands and stood. He was about to leave when Ann suddenly hugged him from his back.
“James, I'm sorry. Please?” Ann apologized.
James sighed heavily and pulled her into a hug. Ann smiled, not wanting to break from the hug.
“Don't worry James, I will be a good girl next time :)”
He released Ann to face her. He smiled and twitched her nose.
“Ouch.” She exclaimed.
He chuckled, accidentally pressing the side of Ann's waist. Ann giggled. “Why did you do that?” she asked.
“Do what?”
“You just tickled me. Is that your revenge?” James smiled a wicked smile and positioned his hands.
“Huh? What are you gonna do?” Ann panicked.
“I'm going to get you.”
Ann ran swiftly into her room. She hid under her blankets and squished her eyes. Moments later, she heard heavy footsteps nearing her room. Suddenly,
“Gotcha!” James exclaimed.
He went under the blankets and tickled her endlessly. Ann can't stop to giggle. James stopped when his eyes meet hers. Ann's smile faded when she realized that James was already staring at her. James can't stop himself from nearing at Ann's face, aiming to land his lips on hers. Before they knew it, they were already kissing…UNDER THOSE BLANKETS.
END OF CHAPTER 19