Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Surprises of America and Ski Trips ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All that jazz…I don't own em, just my characters.
 
Alright, here is the next chapter. I wanted to get this up as soon as possible, so that I could give you all the chance to read my next ideas…Heh. Anyways, let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on what to do in any of my stories, feel free to send them my way. You never know, I may use them.
 
At a Glance
 
Shocks of America and Ski Trips
 
 
Sage sighed over the balcony like porch at Lena's house, standing near the other guys. They had finally managed to peel the children off them, and that only having been succeeded when Lena roared out a threat that none of them would have wanted upon them, though each of the guys would tease her about it for a long time to come.
 
The brisk winter air was refreshing, and as nice as this vacation was going to be, they could still see why Lena said that her house could be stifling and hard to get around. Either way, it was amazing what America could…
 
“Kinda nice visiting America without the evil wizards, eh?” Ryo grinned, leaning over the rail as he watched the night sky beside Kento. He hid his frustration well, since Mia was off helping Lena put things together for the night. A lot still had to be done, so that everyone could settle in for the night before they all went off to the cabin for their skiing weekend and getaway.
 
“Yea…it is, mate. I didn't realize that areas like this could be so calm here,” Cye said, glancing up at the mountains, “I miss the ocean though.”
 
“Of course you do, buddy. This is an inland area, after all,” Rowen said, leaning against the rail to look up at the stars, wondering if he could call his armor fast enough to fly up to see them.
 
“Gee, smart as always, aren't you, Ro?” Kento said, grinning as he walked forward to sit on the rail as Sage glanced up at his four friends, beginning to smile softly. He still remembered what it felt like, those two, three months ago when his armor had been controlled, and he still couldn't get over it. The guilt of the lives lost due to his power was almost too much, yet he fought to go on.
 
“What's up Sage?” Kento said, thumping his shoulder as Sage settled against the wall beside the sliding glass of the door to the patio. The blond man just shook his head with a sigh, and offered a feeble smile, “Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Just a bad memory.”
 
Kento raised an eyebrow, shrugged, then faced the mountains as Cye and Ryo did, knowing he would get nothing else from Sage that evening. Since the Shikaisen incident, he had been a closed book, and while he dated and went out with girls like he usually did, none of it had his former vigor. But in truth, all it was, was a bad memory.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lena watched Mia walk out onto the patio, Yulie already in bed sound asleep. Smiling softly to herself, she shrugged, knowing that this was going to be one trip that was completely different from the rest. She thought through some courses of action that she was considering, and decided to contact the forces that she had deployed since hearing of the stirring trouble. Closing her eyes, she sought for the spirits that were always about her. Those of the trees, the air, the very earth itself and more were residing there, waiting for her words that she was about to give.
 
Kayura had trained her well, teaching her control. The spirits weren't going to take control of overwhelm her as they had before. She could block or listen at will, and her shield was becoming better. Ofuda scrolls became apart of her arsenal, and she used them at will with the elements help. She had soon learned, under the watchful eye of the warlords in combat training, that the powers she controlled were the spirits themselves, not the elements. Sure, she could summon them with the scrolls, but the powers couldn't match the concentration that each of the nine mystical armors contained.
 
In the end, she had the broader range for defensive strategies, but was no where near as strong in Fire as Ryo was, since she only commanded the spirits, not the element itself. This was the same with each, as she had learned, but it didn't stop her from contacting the spirits for answers. The spirits weren't just the dead, but that of every living thing there was. And as such, she had eyes anywhere she so chose.
 
Any word on the renegade demons? She asked, voicing the question to all the spirits listening. She thanked her lucky starts that the dark spirits weren't about.
 
None, but we can at least keep looking for you… The voice of fire spirits and their brethren spoke.
 
Thanks…I appreciate it. She smiled a bit, nodding at the info as she stepped forward, looking at her friends on the porch. Taking in the auras she saw in each, she shook her head, stepping forward. Her hand lay gently upon Sage's shoulder as she smiled up into his slightly startled gaze.
 
He blinked rapidly, not having expected her to do that, and surprised that he wasn't paying enough attention to pick up on her presence. Damn, he must have really been distracted. Reaching up, he placed a hand over hers, shaking his head to the words she mouthed at him. Are you ok?
 
She read his lips back, smiling grimly as she looked up at him with a small shrug. Yea…don't worry about me. His words exactly. Her grip tightened, showing that she wasn't giving up, merely backing off for the moment in order to allow him his space. She would ask later, as she knew he would about her spacing out earlier.
 
Everyone was quiet on the deck, watching the night sky in a serene state as the stars and moon revealed themselves from the cloudy reminisce that revealed itself in the sky that night. Lena hid a smile, offering Sage a glance of her amusement, who returned it as readily. Standing before them, as Rowen and Cye walked to where Lena and Sage stood, Ryo and Mia were holding hands, speaking quietly as they pointed to the stars in the sky with small smiles.
 
The image was so sweet, that Lena knew what she had to do. Glancing to each of the guys, she spoke along the mind link that each of them had to the other, “Come on guys. Let's get out of here. I think they should be left alone…they finally are paying attention to each other!”
 
“Indeed. About time,” Kento nodded at that, jumping off the rail as he walked towards the others. Cye smiled gently, turning into the house, the others not far behind. Lena blinked, smiling, suddenly feeling wistfulness from such a thing happening in front of them. All of them were seventeen now, and she just couldn't believe that she was wanting a bit of romance for herself. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she glanced up at Sage, who was smiling wryly down at her.
 
He felt her shrug, and shook his head. Together they walked inside, leaving Ryo and Mia to talk about what was going on about them, letting the dark of the night be their peace and calm to the hopes that each obviously had for each other.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*
 
Sighing, Dais glanced around. The demons were doing nothing at all, except all the usual things for them. Fighting amongst themselves; having the strange strength that they always had. Something was off, and he knew it.
 
Darting along, he caught up to the rendezvous spot where he was to meet up with Sehkmet. Landing in place, he slowly walked forward, seeing that the warlord of venom wasn't alone by any means. Kale and Kayura stood beside the green haired man, conversing in heated manners.
 
“I know! But my scrying isn't getting anything, and I am as clueless as you!” Kayura hissed angrily, her frustration visible.
 
Kale shook his head, his calm caught in place, “We can't figure out their next move till we find their motivation. Any luck finding the demons in the mortal realms? I mean, that is the part we are supposed to be looking for, right?”
 
“Yea, but they were easy to find. It doesn't make sense to me. Kayura, you said even Lena picked up on them, which means they aren't hiding in the least,” Sehkmet said, shaking his head.
 
“Hey! The girl has gotten better! No thanks to you!” Kayura cried, taking insult from the implied failure of her training.
 
“Calm down you three,” Dais said, stepping from the shadows. Immediately, Kayura turned her attention to him, her violet eyes gazing steadily into his with a small hint of frustration. It was understandable, really. He felt it as well, but acted less upon it.
 
“I admit, it is strange. And no, Kayura, I didn't find out anything new. The fact is, this really bothers me. They just sit there, doing nothing really,” Dais said, quiet as usual.
 
“Yes, but there must be a reason! And how are demons strange?” Sehkmet asked, shrugging as Kale's eyes widened, “Demons don't act like that without a person leading them, correct?”
 
“Right, which means they are waiting,” Kayura said as they all headed back to the castle they resided in.
 
“But what is it they are waiting for? I don't think any of us truly know,” Sehkmet said, shrugging as he held the plants he used for his poisons.
 
Dais shook his head, face grim, “And that's why I'm worried. This is bigger then we thought.”
 
“Should we get help?” Kale asked as Kayura hurriedly replied, “No. Not yet anyways. I don't see the reason to alert the Ronins yet.”
 
They all nodded, taking in the ideas that this may escalate into something they really weren't sure they wanted it to be.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Everyone ready to go?” Mia cried out, standing beside Ryo, who was throwing the bags into the back of the rental van they were all using to head up to the place.
 
Sage smiled as Kento pumped his arms, “Oh yea! I'm so ready!”
 
“Let's hit the slopes!” Rowen cried out as Cye bowed to Lena's parents, “Thank you for letting us stay here for this time.”
 
The couple just laughed, waving off his thanks as Mr. Fuire spoke, “Nothing to worry about, my boy. Couldn't leave you in a hotel or anything, Lena would have raised a fit!”
 
“Darn right I would have!” Lena said smiling as she and Yulie emerged from the house, carrying the last of the bags. Stopping next to her parents, she gave them each a hug and a kiss, offering them a smile, “I'm gonna miss you, but I'll see you in three days, right?”
 
“Of course dear,” Mrs. Fuire smiled, shrugging slightly as she hugged her daughter back. Mr. Fuire grinned, “And if any boys try anything, remember, I'll kick the crap out of them for you.”
 
“With your cane, father dear?” Lora's voice sounded from inside, stepping out, Maron and Chris beside her. The young boy looked like he was about to chase after the five teenage boys again, who each were giving him worried glances. One Yulie was enough, they didn't need a second.
 
“Insolent to the end, child,” Lena smiled, giving her sisters and brother each a hug as she went down. Cye hid a smile, whispering over to Kento and Rowen, “She'd never admit it, but she loves those kids. Even despite all the stuff they throw her into.”
 
The guys agreed as Lora stepped up to them, “Are you sure you have to leave? I mean, you guys are cute. You could just go on the town with me.”
 
Ryo shuttered as Lora gave a wink at each of them followed by a smug smile that must have come naturally to her. Rolling her eyes, Lena tossed the last of her bags into the car as she smiled up at her family. She had no worries about leaving them. The spirits were watching her family as they did her, at her request. Nothing would go after them, that much she was sure of.
 
“I'll drive!” Kento cried, walking to the right side of the van and opening the door. A look of surprise crossed his face, “Wait! The driver's seat is on the wrong side!”
 
Lena laughed, “No it isn't. And I'll drive. In America, it's different, you know?”
 
Kento glowered as Mia laughed, handing the girl the keys. Rowen shrugged, “Aren't the cops here more vigilant? They'd notice if an underage person is driving.”
 
“But I'm not underage…I have my license,” Lena said, blinking rapidly.
 
The mouths dropped on each of the guys, as Mia and Lena's parents hid grins of their own. Ryo stammered out, “But you are only seventeen!”
 
“But you can legally drive at sixteen here, “Sage said, laughing at last.
 
“Come on, just get in!” Lena laughed, pulling her purple coat closer to her as she stepped to the driver's wheel and opened the door, “If you want proof, my car is right there. Besides, I'll explain all this later. I'm freezing!”
 
Each of them tumbled into the car, closing the doors, and waved goodbye as Lena put the car into gear and began to drive off for their vacation.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“So…are we there yet?” Kento said from the back seat, glancing out to the side as Rowen sighed, exasperated at the young man sitting beside him.
 
“No Kento, we aren't!” Sage cried out, raising his voice to be heard over Mia's and Lena's giggles.
 
“So, anyways, where is this cabin exactly?” Cye asked, leaning forward to where Lena was, concentrating on driving. The girl smiled, “Oh, I think you'll like this one. It's a cabin about two hours away from my house. And it belongs to my friend you met earlier!”
 
“WHAT?!” Ryo asked, shocked.
 
“Yup! It's Cat's! I know you didn't believe it at first, but it truly is! Besides, it will be fun with her along!” Lena laughed as the other guys grumbled, wondering about the girl who had readily pelted them with snowballs and threatened them for taking her friend from a cow's influence.
 
Chuckling, Lena's senses began to go off as the guy's did. A scream from Mia alerted the rest to the problem before them as Lena braked the van on the deserted road they were traveling.
 
Lena! Snow demons…watch out! The aren't here just to play this time!
 
Lena grimaced as the spirits were clamoring at once. Each of the guys quickly stepped out of the van, the other three people right behind them. Together, they were going to have to take this thing down, and they would have to do it fast!
 
“We are here to fight you, Ronins! Face us like the brave creatures you claim to be!” The largest one hissed, as the other two stood at the ready, willing to begin the battle at any time.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Author's note: Well, here is the third chapter of this story. I'll be honest, this story isn't going to be as long as the last one, not by a long shot. This is due to the fact that I have some drama coming up that I refuse to reveal at this time, since I'm a nut, and wanted to make another sequel after this one. This story is acting as a bridge, for the most part, and I really have to play with the times and all, you know? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will tell me what you think of it!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews, Thank you all! All from ffnet!
 
Inda: Hey you. I read the story, well partially. The lemon thing you have going makes it hard for me to read to much at a time, cause I really start to laugh at the things the guys are doing on the outside! Anyways, I'll send a review your way soon! As for the sacred bovine? Well, it's an old joke between me and my beta reader, so I had to put it in! :P
 
Meira Evanstar: Thank a ton, you! I appreciate it! You and Inda have been awesome reviewers, telling me what you thought each time you reviewed! I just wanted to say thanks, and I will update as fast as I can!
 
1TheScorpion2: I'm glad you are into it! I really am! As for the evil? I think you will be rather surprised at what I pull out of my hat for this one, since I plan a flash from the past combined with something entirely different. When I say past, I mean from Insanity's Requiem. Anyways, thanks for the review!
 
 
Preview:
 
“We are going to take you down!”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“What is your horse's name?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“I Have NO Idea!”