Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Battle Aura ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, don't own them yet.
 
Alrighty, here is the next chapter. I can't believe this is progressing at such a rapid rate. A chapter every night! WOW! I think I should get cookies for this! Hehehe, anyways, here is your next chapter, made to order and fresh off the grill!
 
At A Glance
 
Chapter 7: Battle Aura
 
 
The guy's eyes remained wide as they fought the fear that this thing innately offered to everyone in it's vicinity. No one was safe from the creature, and as such, they felt the very tug of this creature as it devoured spirit after spirit, affecting the very elements themselves. Lena bit her lip as she stood behind Kento, her eyes taking in what was going on before them as she whispered out what the creature was, Sakiri. The monster apparently just grinned as she explained what it was, giving them the full account that Kayura had. The only problem was this…the creature was supposed to be bound to the nether realms, where the spirits are eternal and can't be harmed by it.
 
“It's so boring there, and your ancient knows nothing of ruling. I just had to come down for a visit to see what was going on!” The Sakiri grinned, his rakish look giving his monstrous form far more of a look of terrible promise then he possibly could have otherwise.
 
“You are going back!” Ryo shouted, raising a hand to his face as he and the rest of the guys armored up. Lena immediately stepped back, grabbing frantically for the scrolls she always carried with her as she dived behind a tree.
 
One after another, the guys lunged at the creature with ferocious attacks. The truth was, the difficulty with fighting this creature stemmed from the fact that they knew nothing about it or what it could do. As such, they had to proceed with the type of caution that was never Kento's style.
 
Each punch, every kick had Lena's heart thumping as they battled this unknown creature into the ground, her own battle aura beginning to flare as she debated doing something about it. The Aura seemingly spread along her body until it covered it completely, almost as if it became a second set of clothing. Watching all that was going on, she clutched her hand on the scrolls she carried, ready to fling herself forward recklessly if they guys needed the help.
 
Rowen dodged to the side as Cye cried out, a slash appearing on his side through the undergear as he passed the monster. Ryo and Kento charged head on as Sage pulled Cye from the fray. They hesitated in summoning the armors…they didn't need the power, did they? That was when the Sakiri started laughing.
 
“You really are rats, just as Lethias said you were. How sad…well, I shall show you my trick before you all die. Watch as I kill one of you…then you can really see fear with your own eyes,” The creature laughed as Ryo bristled, “You lie! You will never defeat us! We don't need our armors to defeat a monster like you!”
 
The guys agreed as the monster surged forward into the fray, the guys grimly setting forth the skills needed to beat the creature back. However, its sheer size and bulk made the task difficult, as it aimed for Sage's head. His eyes widened as he realized what was going on when they all heard a female voice shout out, “Summon Element! Fire!”
 
Fire shot out from the place Lena hid herself in, enveloping the creature in flames as Ryo charged forward, using a flurry of kicks and punches that were followed up by Kento and the others. The creature soon died, leaving the guys exhausted as they looked up at the girl who held the Ofuda in her hand, her eyes tiredly watching them as she gave them an impish smile, “Like my new trick?”
 
The guys blinked at her incredulously, and then began to laugh as they shook their heads. Soon, with everyone healed up, they headed back towards the Ski lodge where they could all rest and contemplate what was going on.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Damn! The Sakiri made it out? How?” Kale spoke, panick in his voice as his eyes darted between the small assembly as they talked about what was going on.
 
“It would seem so. I was on my way to ask Lena if the spirits told her anything when I saw them locked in battle. A little push was all she needed to use the Ofuda attacks Kayura taught her, but I don't like the way this is all turning out,” Dais said, shaking his head as he thought about the battle that the Ronins had almost lost unintentionally.
 
“Well, it is why we taught her, but that is beside the point. We need evidence, and that isn't going to come easy if we keep skirting around the facts, right?” Kayura looked between each of them.
 
“Either way, it doesn't seem like a good idea not to inform them. They should know. The problem is rapidly getting out of hand. Spirits are disappearing, the Nether Spirits are surging up in numbers, and the demons are running rampant in a realm they have no place being in. Somehow I don't think any of this is good…correct me if I'm wrong,” Sehkmet said, his eyes looking at each of them dead on with a seriousness that he hadn't shown in a long time.
 
“Alright, here is the way we need to do this. Hold off on telling them a while longer. I have a feeling that there is something we are missing, and we will find it. I will try to contact the Great Spirit and see what he thinks about this. If the problem will concern them more then it already has, we will jump in to help them and inform them of any and all information that we may have at the time. How does that sound to you?” Kayura said as she looked into the grim faces of her warriors, sighing as she felt the armor that she wore shift against her skin. Nodding to them, “Well, let's get going. I know that we have work to do.”
 
~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“What in the world took you so long! I swear! The cocoa and tea got cold! Why in the world am I yelling at you! What have you to say for yourselves? Mrah…” Cat said, her eyes glinting angrily as she sighed, her lips pursed as she looked at the five boys and one girl that sat before her as Mia tended to getting them hot drinks.
 
Lena grinned impishly, “I have no idea.”
 
“You have no…wait…Arg!” Cat rolled her eyes, jumping up and down as she glanced from side to side in frustration.
 
“She got you!” Kento laughed until a sudden weight pushed him back. The others began to laugh as Kento struggled to get up after Cat had knocked him over and sat on his back in her frustration. Now, looking completely smug with herself, she sighed, contenting herself to sitting quietly for the moment. After a few laughs, Cat merely shrugged, choosing to listen to no one's advice to get up, finding her seat rather comfy.
 
Guys…I think we should talk about what happened later. I don't think we need to let Cat know about it, right? Or Yulie…at least I hope not,” Lena asked them, their mental link a strong bond even now.
 
“Alright…sounds good,” Ryo said as the others agreed, a little too tired to think to much about it as they saw Mia put Yulie in a blanket. The kid seemed to just wasn't taking to the cold to well. She sighed, shaking her head as she walked over to the counter to get the kid some cocoa as Kento and Cye went to the place to get food on the other side of the room.
 
Lena merely sat between Rowen and Sage, across from Ryo as they took notice of his frown at Mia, who seemed to be laughing with a guy at the counter as she held the cocoa. Ryo's eyes began to flash as Sage and Lena picked up on the tensions of jealousy coming from him as Rowen noticed the other signs of Ryo's rising temper.
 
Mia smiled, turning around as she held the cocoa, heading back to the guys as the one at the counter remained to serve as was needed. Mia returned to helping Yulie out, while trying to figure out why Ryo was so out of it that day. She didn't do anything, that much she was certain of.
 
The others just glanced at each other worriedly as Ryo continued to sulk, not taking notice of them. Lena just sighed, her eyes narrowing slightly as Cat bounced up and down, trying to get a thing of popcorn from the counter man. Biting her lip, she shot a glance at the others.
 
“If he keeps this up, I am going to strangle him…this is ridiculous…”
 
“Yea, it is. But if he doesn't cool of, he's going to cause something that he will regret, and you know it,” Sage gave his cryptic remark as Rowen just nodded at Cye's shrug. Oh yea…this was going to be one long night.
 
“I still want to strangle him…” Lena gave her defiant remark as they all sighed, getting ready to take another run.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Night had fallen, and each of the Ronins and crew were back at Cat's lodge. Yulie, already in bed, didn't even sense the drama and anxiety being passed around the room as Ryo gave Mia the cold shoulder continuously. Finally, Lena got up and left the room, trying to see if she could pick up on any other spirits about that she could ask about the problem. Unfortunately, that Sakiri had apparently been around for far longer then they had thought, since the spirits were still recovering.
 
She just shook her head. She could call the Great Spirit, but she doubted that he would appreciate the time taken on his part in order to come. Besides, last time she had, just the day before, he had been to busy to come. Something big was going on, and she was sure of it. Demons popping out of no where, no one having answers as things were destroyed, and no spirits about. She didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know. The only question was how in the world was she going to present that to the others.
 
Her thoughts shifted to her family. Man, she missed them. Sure, she was only gone for the weekend, but it was hard to imagine a time without the brats looking over her shoulder like crazed minions. Her life revolved around them, and she didn't mind that at all. She loved her family more then life itself, and that was probably where the feelings came from. At least they were safe…right?
 
Stifling a yawn, she clenched her eyes together momentarily as she shook her head. Apparently, she needed a bed. Thinking and figuring could come in the morning. Besides, they were supposed to go ice skating tomorrow. That promised to be fun!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The tension was getting thicker, as the guys watched the ever silent Mia and Ryo with apprehension. Slowly, each of them found reasons to leave the area so as not to get caught up in the possible argument that was about to take place. Sage had to go do meditation, Rowen suddenly remembered that he had to catch up on his reading while Kento needed to make a run about outside to work off some steam as Cye decided that a bathroom break was needed, with Cat recalling that she had to feed I Have No Idea and Betsy and Bessie.
 
Suddenly the room was empty, leaving the two teens to think about what was going on. A glower in Ryo's eyes spoke of emotions that he didn't want to say. Why was it that the jealousy was so much more this time then the last. It just didn't make any sense, and he supposed it wouldn't. One thing was painfully clear after all these battles. HE was in love with Mia…well, at least liked her. And how she could flirt with that guy at the counter, who was obviously looking at her the wrong way was completely out of his field or mind set.
 
Mia, on the other hand, had no clue why the Ronin leader was completely ignoring her, yet glaring daggers at something unknown. He had been at this since roughly four hours before this, since she had gotten Yulie's cocoa, and she was tired of it. Frowning to herself, she adjusted the red sweater she was wearing as she crossed her denim covered legs. She felt an anger boil in her chest as she glared at Ryo back, finally deciding to speak, her voice reflecting how she felt, “What is it?! What did I do!”
 
Ryo blinked back slightly, taken back by the fact that she had blown up in his face. Shaking his head, he frowned once more as he heatedly replied, “You flirted with that guy…didn't you?”
 
“F-flirted? That is what this is about?” She blinked rapidly, comprehension suddenly dawning as she shook her head in surprise, unbelieving that this was what was going through his head. Suddenly, she started laughing, a laughter that became hysteric as she shook her head. Ryo stared at her blankly until she responded to him, “You were jealous!”
 
“No!” Ryo denied rapidly, red cheeks burning brighter then he thought his armor was at that point. Ryo just couldn't hide his emotions, and this time, his embarrassment caught him cold. Hanging his head, he frowned, refusing to look at Mia, “I can't help not liking it if I see you flirting with a sleaze bag just after you cause you have some nice looks and anything like that! For crying out loud, Mia, you are a brilliant young woman!”
 
Mia looked thoroughly shocked as she smiled gently, all anger gone as she listened to these words. Ryo had never really lied to her before, and she knew these words to be true as she got up and set a hand on his shoulder, “Thanks Ryo.”
 
The silence remained in the room as the tension seemed to heat up between them, thought this time it wasn't due to anger. It was due to something that had been growing since the day he had first heard her yelling across the street to keep the warriors together. It had happened from the very moment she had gone in search for him. The feelings race in their hearts, since they knew them to be true. Denial wasn't just there for reasons they could think of, and it couldn't even be used this time. Since this time, they wanted the truth. It was time for what had been brewing for over two years.
 
Ryo looked up at her with a small smile, standing up. His heart already racing, he knew what it was he had to do. She already knew, didn't she? She had to. At least, that is what it could be assumed. Closing his eyes, he leaned in to give her a kiss, his lips meeting hers in a gentle fashion that only he could have done.
 
She gasped a bit, her eyes wide as she blinked several times as the kiss grew stronger. This was the Ryo she knew…this was who he was and wanted to be. Smiling inwardly, she figured, it was where she wanted to be as well, despite the anger.
 
Outside the room, five people stood smiling as they looked at one another with gentle nods. Finally, those two were together, and the arguing could stop. Silently wishing each other a good night, they headed to bed with lighter hearts then before. Mia and Ryo were together…they couldn't skirt it now.
 
A final thought entered the mind link before they all went to sleep. The moment the guys heard it, they started laughing to themselves, since Lena's voice was so full of disappointment, “Looks like I can't strangle him now…dang it…sigh…”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“Are you serious?!” Kayura's voice shouted along the room as she listened to the Great Spirit's words. Taking in the info, she ran towards where she knew her warriors were, to inform them of the dire news.
 
The instant she found them, her already tight grip tightened on her staff as she looked at them. The three turned, silent as they watched her. They knew that the important info had arrived, and they had to be there to make sure they heard it.
 
Kayura glanced about, sure she had their attention as she shook her head, “Guys…the demons are being led.”
 
The room was silent as she said the next words, “Their cry is for revenge. Their leader…is Lethias himself. Guys…he wants revenge, and his son is with him.”
 
The warrior's skin turned white as they looked at each other in shock. This wasn't good. No…it wasn't good at all.
 
Kale looked up, “We need to find out what they are planning. Let's get going guys.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
 
Author's Note: Well here you have it. This is my next chapter. I expect the next one to be the last one, with an epilogue. BE warned! I'm going for tear jerker trauma in the next one, so as such, the ratings on those chapters may go up. I'm not sure yet, though I know they will take me a bit to think out, so it may be longer to get them out. Well, anyways, hope you liked this so far!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks to you all!
 
Inda: There you go. The romance portion that you were looking for! Lol Hope you liked it!
 
Meira Evanstar: Updated as requested, ma'am! I hoped you liked this one as well! Here goes nothing as I make the next!