Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Food Fight! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wasn't fully aware of how quickly the day was passing until I looked up and saw that my fourth period class was almost half-way through. All of my classes were in the same general area and with Kento's help, I was finally starting to learn my way around.
The bell for our lunch rang and I saw Kento jump up out of the corner of my eye. “Lunch Time!!!” he exclaimed excitedly, causing everyone in our literature class to jump.
Mrs. Minaki opened the door, casting an annoyed glance in Kento's general direction. He blushed sheepishly and grabbed me, hauling me out the door.
Once we were out in the hall, he smirked and patted me on the back hard enough to knock the air out of me. “She is so totally into me.” He gloated as we walked down the hall.
I raised an eyebrow and laughed a little. “Kento, she's about 5 years older than you and she's married. I'm sorry mate, but I think you may have missed your chance.”
“That doesn't matter, we could make it work.” He persisted as we kept walking.
I just laughed. “Whatever you say mate.”
 
“I'm telling you, dude.” He started again once we were in the lunch line. “She and I were meant to be.”
“You don't give up very easily, do you?”
“Nope.” He said while piling food onto his tray. “See, the way I see it is that she was young and confused and went for the first guy who could help her pay rent. What she really wants is strong comfort and support. Viola! Me!” he exclaimed proudly.
I shook my head and laughed. “Student-teacher relationships never work, you know that right?”
“Man, you're just jealous you don't have my charm.” He retorted trying to look offended.
I laughed and paid for my lunch. “Maybe so.”
 
“Come on.” Kento said, pulling me along behind him. “I got to introduce ya to some people.” He continued to drag me until we reached a small table off in a corner. Three other guys were sitting there and two of them I recognized instantly.
“Hey man, what's up?” Ryo asked in his same happy voice he had had that morning.
I smiled a little and sat down…err was set down by Kento. “Oh you know, the usual.”
He regarded me with a light laugh but sobered up a little as he noticed to small bruise forming on my lower jaw. “Fish fried already, huh?”
I nodded a little. “Yeah, it's not bad though.”
The other boy, the one with blue hair I had seen in the courtyard, smiled tiredly at me. “Hey.”
I nodded and smiled back. “Hey…classes running you into the ground already?”
He laughed and laid his head back on the table. “You have no idea.”
I smiled and became vaguely aware that the other person at the table was watching me intently.
He never said a word but gazed at me with a calm lavender gaze. Golden blond hair was swept over his left eye but I could still feel his penetrating stare.
I looked back nervously, afraid he was about to jump up and mug me or something. It was a little unnerving. I wanted to laugh to break the uncomfortable silence between us but I knew I had nothing to laugh about.
Thankfully, Kento managed to do that for me. “So it appears you've met Ryo and Rowen but apparently not Sage so,” he grabbed my chair and bodily turned me to face the blond guy that had yet to stop staring at me. “ Cye this is Sage, Sage this is Cye.” He grinned behind me. I'm going to hit him.
Suddenly the blond smiled at me. “It's nice to meet you.” He said calmly, extending his hand to me in a friendly manner, not the aggressive, scary way I thought he would. “ Sorry about the sizing up thing, I was just trying to determine how long you'd been here.”
I shook it hesitantly and smiled back. “ Uh…Likewise?” I laughed in spite of myself and immediately felt stupid.
“So Sage, what's the deal with Rowen? He's all…wilted..” Kento muttered, pointing to the near comatose boy on the table.
“Ah, he just stayed up and pulled another all-nighter. Nothing new.” Sage replied as if commenting on the weather outside.
“All-nighter? For what? It's only the first day of school.” I looked at him confused before I was pulled down by the back of my shirt by Kento.
“Rowen's like the school genius.” He whispered. “ Every time I've ever seen him, he's always either reading or doing something involving school. I think he has an IQ of like 250 or something. That's why he's a junior this year in stead of sophomore like me.”
My eyes widened a little. “Wow, no wonder he had all of those book with him this morning.”
Kento nodded in agreement. “ He moved up in the middle of last year and will probably do the same thing this year if given the opportunity.”
I managed to wiggle out of his death grip on my shirt and sat up straight. I know it must have looked like I was about get my butt kicked in the middle of the cafeteria the way he had been holding me. “ So those three are juniors and you're a sophomore and I'm a freshman.?”
He nodded. “Yeah basically, brilliant deduction by the way.”
I rolled my eyes at his smart-ass remark. “ Odd men out.”
Kento started to say something else when a piece of food flew across the cafeteria.
“Great.” Ryo muttered before ducking under the table.
I looked over to see the other two follow his actions. “What the--?”I never got to finish as I was grabbed and yanked under the table along with them.
“Dammit Cye! Get your little British butt down here before you get pelted with something other than food!” Kento exclaimed as a chair landed on top of our table to illustrate his point. Wow, he was right, under the table was a much safer place to be.
Before things could get any worse, 3 men in police uniforms came running in and began yelling orders and arresting the kids who had started the fight. Soon whistles were heard as the principal came out and forced al the kids dirty enough to need it to go to Gym 5 to shower off.
“Bloody Hell…What was that all about?” I asked watching as the cafeteria became calm almost as quickly as the whole fight had started.
Rowen, who was leaned back on his elbows and staring at the bottom on the table, gave me a short and simple answer. “ It's a tradition at this school to always start a food fight on the first day of school. Usually lasts about 3-5 minutes approximately.”
Kento nudged me and mouthed the word “genius” before standing up and dusting himself off. “Ok, so all for blowin this place say I”
Almost immediately, he was greeted with 4 I's in unison.