Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Inharitence ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inheritance:
I don't own Ronin Warriors or the Inheritance Trilogy. Both belong to their respective creators.
The wind howled through the night shadowed forest. Three figures stood in wait wanting something impatiently. All three of them dressed in leathers and armor of the purest black.
Anubus, the first one of which had unruly dark blue hair with matching blue eyes. He had a cross shaped scar over his right eye. He carried a long sword. Thin enough to pass though a couple of ribs but heavy enough to hack away at armor with out much effort.
The second one, Nazza, had wild green hair with purple eyes. A purple mark residing in the middle of his forehead. He himself also carried a sword. But instead of one he bore two blades. However the blades he held were smaller and thinner then the first shades and laced with a very potent poison. Any who were unfortunate enough to suffer it's effects would have a very slow painful death as their entrails liquefied.
Rajura, the third had long curls of grayish white hair that fell to his shoulders and a patch over his right eye. This one carried a flail with him.
All three of which were Shades, sorcerers of darkness. If one were to pass by and look up they would have believed to themselves to see three disembodied heads, hands and feet suspended in the air.
Below them several soldiers and Urgals stood in the brush. The Urgals were troll like with their stout bow legs and thick brutish arms. Black symbols were painted on their naked chests and faces and black twisting horns grew from behind their ears. The Urgals wore no clothing. Only a short cloth to gird their loins but that was all. Their bodies sweaty and slimy and reeked of rot and one who has not bathed in over ten years.
"Why'd we bring them here?" Anubus said. "They will blow our cover by their smell alone."
"Emperor Talpa commanded that we take them with us on this task. They are merely tools nothing more nothing less." Nazza answered.
"I don't see the point." Rajura commented. "All were doing is attacking a bunch of girls."
"These are not simple minded females," Nazza corrected. "Now if you both won't be quiet your voices will blow our cover more then the Urgel's putrid stench. You there hide yourselves and be at the ready."
The Urgals blindly made their way to hide in the darkened brush. More then one of them creating of a racket with their heavy feet trampling over the fragile twigs and dead leaves. Others rustling the brush as they tried to conceal themselves. The Shades didn't let the Urgels or the soldiers warm themselves. But they also didn't give themselves the same luxury. They remained in wait watching the trail ahead. Their patience was swiftly rewarded as the hoof beat of horses reached their ears. Before long Seven travelers appeared on the trail. All of them astride beautiful white horses.
"Get ready." Hissed Anubus. An excited tingle coursing through his body the tip of his sword moving in circles in the air. It took everything he had to stay in place. He had been through too much pain and planning to lose control now.
The travelers two men and five women all cantered with nearly a care towards the ambush. All of them were elven. Both men were simply armed. One with a spear and the second with a bow. The two men flanked either side of the women. One of the women rode at the head of the train. She was not the eldest female of the bunch. But she rode with the poise of a queen, her eyes traveling over the bracken as though she could feel an impending danger. Her long raven blue hair cascading down her back. The black leathers and cloaks she and her companions wore were unadorned. This did nothing to diminish the beauty of their race.
All the woman were armed as well. Two with swords, one with a small dagger, and another with a bow. The one at the head of the train had a long thin sword strapped to her side and on her back a long bow with a quiver. Some of the females would occasionally reach into their travel cloaks to touch something as though trying to reassure themselves what ever it was, was still there.
One of the male elves spoke something none of the shades could here. The female in front answered with some authority before the man with the spear took his place at the front. The leading female traveled towards the rear. They passed by the Shades and the first few Urgals without any notion of the danger that surrounded them. The winds unfortunately shifted taking with it the nauseating smell of the Urgals. The stench was so thick one could taste it. The horses alarmed by the threat snorted and whinnied in fear. Instintively the riders gathered their horses into a ring and readied their weapons for the confrontation.
For a while the only thing that moved were the eyes of the riders as they watched the tree line for the threat. The branches of the trees as they were brushed by the wind and the horses impatiently stamping their hooves and tossing their heads side to side wanting to take their riders and get away from that awful place.
Suddenly an arrow was fired from the darkness striking one the one of the male elves in the throat. A cry tore from one of the females mouths at the sudden attack. The horses had just about enough of this and started off at a run. Anubus growled as their cover was blown. Rajura stepped away from his hiding place and roared. "Boetq istalri" (broad fire). His hand glowed painting the trees the color of blood as a wall of fire erupted in the paths of the horses. The path of fire traveled until it began to encircle the riders.
The horses fearfully skidded to a stop and reared on their hind legs causing their riders to fly from their saddles. The horse running out before the wall of fire enclosed around them. The six riders had landed gracefully and prepared to avenge their companion. Unfortunately the second male didn't see the flail until it had smashed into his temple. No steeds and surrounded by a of fire half a league wide they had no choice but to fight or surrender. The Shades smirked to one another victoriously until they heard pain filled screams.
Several Urgals and soldiers had been cut down as the females raced passed them and to the other side of the ring. Black and Red blood dripping from the blades. Reaching into the pouch each of five woman pulled out a brightly colored stone. Each the size of a mans fist. Frantically they started chanting something. The stones in their hands glowing.
"Stop them you fools." Nazza's eyes widening at what this meant as he threw one of his swords at the woman. Unfortunately it was to late. The stones had disappeared by the time the sword had impaled stomach of the youngest woman, the one with the small dagger. She smiled triumphantly before she slowly began to ser come to the poison.
The rest lay in an heap barely conscious and far to weak to put up a fight. Anubus angrily decapitated and massacred each of the soldiers and Urgals. While this called his irritation that the plan had failed. It did little to ease disparity the situation. The wall of fire slowly began to die out as he went to stand with Nazza and Rajura. Nazza was hissing promises of revenge, pain, and suffering in whispers under his breath. The beauty of the four remaining woman would have entranced lesser men but they held no enthrall for them. Rajura kicked the female nearest him in the head. They had failed in their task. All five stones were gone.
"Speak, Witch!" Rajura picked up the elf by the throat. A beauty with sable brown hair tied back in a braid. "Where did you send them?"
"They are out of your hands." The elf smiled triumphantly. "Anywhere they may have gone is fine as long as they are out of the hands of your Emperor. You will never get them back." Rajura sent an energy blast though his hand causing the maiden in his hands to burst into flame and fall into nothing more then a pile of ashes. Tying the other three girls to their horses they took off into the night leaving the dying elf where she lay in agony to reluctantly inform Emperor Talpa about what had transpired.