Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ The Big, The Bad and the Bullies ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Errr….yea….
 
Ok, ok. So here is the next chapter. Gotta get through all the school before we can try to get through the rest, right? Anyways, here goes nothing! And hey, let me know what you think!
 
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 3: The big, The bad, and the bullies
 
 
The day itself had passed by relatively quickly. First she was introduced in homeroom, which of course, she had to answer questions that the curious had for her all day long since they came up at random points. She, apparently, was the new attraction at the school. Rowen assured her that it would die out, it always did, unless you were Sage.
 
Lunch passed by, where she had sat with the guys. They always seemed to make her laugh, and enjoyed doing so as they passed friendly banter back and forth. The usual with that, then onto her hated class, Chemistry. That class wasn't so bad, since she ran into Akiko again and shared it with Kento and Ryo.
 
Akiko was a kind girl, it seemed, and was rather friendly to the new foreign girl. Inviting her to a practice with the stomp team, she made it seem like Lena was apart of her life. They realized that Lena was more of a swimming kind of girl, but it really didn't matter to either of them/
 
Next was the worst class of all. Physical education…god she hated that class. Quickly getting changed into her uniform for that, she smiled slightly at Akiko, who had the class with her as well. Several new faces were in the class as well, and of course, she had to be introduced again. All the guys were in this class as well, since it was the way they requested their schedule.
 
Smiling, Lena bowed formally to the class, “Hi. I'm Lena…pleased to meet you.”
 
The others greeted her as was polite to do, then turned to their groups as Lena walked by Ryo and the others, “So formal, Lena-chan. Why?”
 
“Cause I should be?” Lena smiled over at Rowen and Kento, who shrugged and grinned. Ryo chuckled as he gave an I told you so look to the two as Cye just smiled kindly and clasped a hand on her shoulder in a friendly pat.
 
“Good answer, very good answer,” Sage gave her a genuine smile. Ever since she said she'd treat him like a normal person, he had just grown more comfortable around her. It wasn't like he was falling for her, it was more as if she was becoming a good friend that he had by his side all along. But…he could still flirt….Grinning, he shrugged, “And the outfit is looking good as well.”
 
Lena blinked rapidly at that, turned a faint hue of red, and quickly excused herself over to where Akiko stood, waving her over. Sage just started to laugh as the others groaned, knowing the flirt king had struck again.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~
Lena walked over to where Akiko stood, as the other girl chuckled at her. Shaking her head, Lena rolled her eyes at her new friend, smiling all the while. The girls laughed as a feminine voice spoke up from behind her, “So…why are you so chummy with Sage?”
 
Lena blinked and turned to face a dainty looking girl. Her brown hair was pulled back and done so that not a strand was out of place, her make up complimented her face and her slim form was the type to be seen in magazines, “He's just a friend. Why?”
 
“Oh, just because he's mine…I had to make sure that no new tramp was going to walk on my territory,” the girl smiled up at her sweetly as Lena began to seethe. She didn't like the way this girl just slung out insults, or how she seemed so possessive over Sage. She knew Sage had no girlfriend; it made him the most longed for guy at the school.
 
“Shut up, Minako. You know that he isn't yours…he already refused you several times. So just back off!” Akiko cried at the shorter girl.
 
“What would you know, Akiko?” Minako sneered, “I just wanted to make my standing clear.”
 
“Lena is new. Why in the world would she want to go after anybody, much less have to deal with people like you?” another girl spoke up from those standing beside Akiko.
 
“Saria, pleased to see that you jump in at no notice…and into nothing that you are a part of,” Minako glared, then turned to face Lena, “Just to make sure you understood. I wasn't trying to be mean…I know you are new, so you have some slack. But that will go away soon enough.”
 
“Oh, I understood. I also understand that he has rejected you, he isn't yours, and that you are going after someone who had no intention of jumping in at any point. Each factor makes you guilty…if I remember it all right,” Lena said coolly. She had to deal with these types of people all the time. It was always difficult for her to fit in, and so, she had to come up with her own reactions to things that happened until it became easier to get along. But there was always the jealous types that would step in at a moment's notice and try to ruin it all.
 
Minako's jaw dropped, and then slammed it shut as she turned away in a huff. Akiko clasped Lena's shoulder as Saria looked overly pleased with herself, “Good job girls! We chased her off!”
 
Lena just raised an eyebrow. Somehow she knew that she had just made her first enemy, and this enemy wasn't a good one to have.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*
 
The guys had been watching from their positions in the gym, stretching as required before they began their exercises. Kento bristled as he saw Minako approach Lena in her huffy manner, “Looks like Sage's girlfriend has a bit of a problem…”
 
“She isn't my girlfriend, just leave me be on the matter,” Sage said, his voice carefully level as he saw the evident signs of a sneer ride over the petite girl's face as Lena looked like her temper was beginning to unwind.
 
“Well, something needs to be done. That girl is out of control,” Ryo said, shaking his head as he saw Akiko jump in, followed by Saria not that far behind.
 
“Yea…just not by us. We can't go after girls, it isn't our style. That is just simple bullying, flat out, mates. I don't see what we can do until it comes to be a bigger confrontation,” Cye said as Rowen nodded in agreement. As one, they watched Minako huff off after something Lena had said, causing them to grin mildly.
 
“Looks like she handled it!” Kento cried with a smile as he switched the legs he was stretching.
 
Rowen shook his head as he looked at Sage. They both recognized someone who intended to give payback. Minako wasn't going to take that lightly at all.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
After the most hellish PE session Lena had ever had, she was on her break hour. She sighed thankfully, since she only had one more class to go. PE had been terrible, thanks to Minako, who decided that Lena was the total enemy by that point. Tripping her was probably the nicest thing Minako had done, and of course, Lena had responded in kind, though not on the same scale.
 
Sighing, Lena walked around the hall as she saw Saria head into her class. Minako had gone off in her direction, and Akiko had gone to make sure that she had something to eat before she went back to the break time with Lena.
 
Passing around the corner, she heard cries, “Look, I don't know what I did to you! Just leave me alone!”
 
Gasping, she listened a bit more as the other voices came around, “No chance for you anymore. You pushed your luck buddy…just by being a freshman.”
 
Peaking around the corner, she was appalled by the sight. Three big guys surrounded a smaller freshman. Each of them seemed to be getting a kick out of this as the main guy cocked his fist to scare the poor kid.
 
“Look. Kakeshi. It isn't my fault! I don't know what I did!” The other kid cried out, looking up at the main bully in surprise.
 
“Too late for that, Takeo…” Kakeshi grinned as he suddenly found his fist being held back by a young woman with brown eyes that seemed to snap with her anger. Brown hair tied in a pony tail, and eyes that were wider then the normal Japanese. He widened his eyes as he grinned. He was looking at the new American student that had just transferred into the school.
 
“Leave him alone…this is hardly fair,” she growled out at him as she started to release his hand and step in front of the scared kid. She was bluffing her way through this, since she didn't really have a good knowledge about how to fight. In fact…she knew nothing. But she was certainly going to try.
 
“Oh, come on now hun, I was just having a bit of fun, ”Kakeshi said.
 
“Look, I don't know what I did to you…but just leave me alone,” Lena had said calmly.
Kakeshi smiled down at her, knowing he outranked her in the grade game. He was bigger, badder, and he believed it too. Get a girl? Heh...no problem for him, right?
 
Lena rolled her eyes, shaking him off cool as a cucumber as she gazed at each of them defiantly, “The teachers will be coming soon if you don't head out. Go away!”
 
“Now now, I know that the teachers ain't coming…they never do at this time,” the creep spoke, “In fact…if you go out with me for a while, I'll forget all about you interrupting me like this.”
 
Lena guffawed and shook her head in amazement. This guy was an IDIOT! “Look, moron, I don't think I will. Besides, this isn't right on any level. Leave us alone,” Lena said levelly.
 
“I don't think I will, babe. And to prove the point,” he reached over and grabbed her arm, which she quickly reacted and stomped his foot as hard as she could. Whirling around, she wrenched her arm from his grip, latched onto Takeo, and pulled them both out of there as fast as she could. The other two were too surprised to even think, and soon they had a bit of distance between them as she ducked them both into the library.
 
“You ok?” Lena said, panting heavily as she looked down at the young man she had just helped…err…tried to help.
 
Takeo nodded, his green eyes catching her gaze, “Yea…I'm fine. Thanks for the help.”
 
She smiled and shrugged, “Sorry I couldn't help more. I'm no good in fights…I just think that this isn't my day.”
 
Akiko suddenly appeared in the library, “Lena? Are you in here?!”
 
She sounds frantic. “Yea…I'm in here! Akiko, I'm over here.”
 
Akiko quickly walked up to where she stood, looking down at the younger girl with a disapproving glare, “I just saw Kakeshi. It seems that he is hunting down an American girl who ran off with a freshman that he was going to pound. I don't have a problem with the rescue, but I had to make sure you were alright!”
 
“I'm fine, Akiko. We got out of there in time,” Lena smiled as Takeo nodded beside her.
 
Akiko sighed, shaking her head, “Kakeshi is going to be after you guy now. I hope you know that.”
 
Takeo nodded as Lena's eyes widened, Crap, this isn't good! She's right! Stupid bullies…
 
Sighing, Lena nodded. Akiko spoke up, “Thankfully, I don't think it's to pound you guys…I think it's just that he thinks it's a game of hard to get.”
 
Lena just groaned.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The day had finally ended as each of the guys waited for Lena and Sage by a cherry blossom tree. Friendly chatter was passed back and forth as they saw Sage dodge another group of girls and run up to where they were.
 
“Hey guys!” Sage said, slightly frazzled, “They are way to persistent today.”
 
“Only you have that trouble, buddy,” Rowen grinned.
 
“Yea…”Kento said, almost jealous sounding.
 
“Sounds like Kento's jealous, mates,” Cye laughed as Kento punched him in the arm. Ryo just shook his head, smiling as he looked around for the last of their group. Lena headed from the school, looking kind of frazzled as she went to where they were to meet up.
 
“Hey, Lena chan! How'd it go?” Cye asked, tilting his head to the side as he voiced the question that everyone was ready to ask.
 
Lena sighed, shaking her head, “Malicious women, stupid bullies…and ridiculous amounts of homework. Oh my…why is there so much of it!”
 
The others chuckled as Kento went over the things she said. He figured out what the women and homework was, but one word caught his attention, “Bullies? What happened?”
 
Lena raised an eyebrow as she straightened up, “Kakeshi decided that beating up one someone smaller then him was a good idea. I stepped in…he decided to TRY to flirt…” she rolled her eyes at that, “Then I took off with the boy before Kakeshi got any ideas.”
 
The others looked at each other. Kakeshi would soon figure things out, and go after others…it was his style. The bullying was starting up…and Kento knew that he was going to jump in to stop it. That was what justice was all about….
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Yea, I know it's a bit shorter then the others. But I decided that I have to really try to fix my focus on the story, so I put less into this chapter. I think it shows…I just wasn't as into it. But the next chapter things should get interesting…since it will progress probably about a month. By that time, the action always hits! So yea, expect it to really get moving! ^^
 
Hikaru1617
 
 
Reviews: Thanks!
 
From ff.net
 
Meira Evenstar: Thanks! And you know I will update as much as I can, and as fast as I can! : P I'm glad I have your attention! I will try to keep it!
 
Inda: Oh my! Don't get in trouble at work! That's not a good thing you know. : P But thanks for the support!
 
 
Preview:
 
“Who's there?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Ronins, we need your help.”
 
~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Get away, Kakeshi!”
 
 
~8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
 
Don't miss the next exciting chapter! ((Don't ask why I had to put that in. : P))