Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Epilougue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Alright then. For the final time of this story…sniff…I don't own the characters from the actual series, though Lena herself is mine, as well as those various evil people.
 
Author's note: Well, here it is. The epilogue. I'm surprised that we actually got through this series. I hope everyone enjoyed it, and such. Let me know what you think of it over all.
 
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Epilogue
 
 
“So…I guess this is it?” Lena asked, looking at each of the guys before her with a small smile. She stood before the terminal, tilting her head to the side.
 
“Yea…I guess so,” Sage shrugged, answering for all of them. It seemed like none of them could say good-bye. Lena shifted her brown eyes to glance at each of them in turn, giving a smile to each of them, “You know…it's been a blast. The entire time!”
 
Mia laughed at the wink that Lena gave. Since the battle, she had trained with the Ronins and Kayura as Mia watched, fighting to learn to control the powers that got slammed her way. No more of the characteristic twitches or glances were shifted around. While Lena was no where near as good at fighting as the guys were, she was well on her way. It was too bad that the time on it got cut short by the time span for it.
 
“I'm going to miss you!” Akiko shouted, wrapping her arms around Lena in a giant hug, starting a laugh from Lena as she quickly shifted her legs into a stance to help her gain the balance, “Don't you dare forget all the flag girl moves I taught you! When you come back, we are going to have a total try out and routine thing to do!”
 
Lena shook her head as she pushed her friend from her body, ignoring the laughs that came from the guys. Takeo, who had also come to see her off, pulled Akiko off her, “We won't forget you, Lena-chan. Remember that. Call us anytime!”
 
Lena chuckled, “Hey, you know I will. And the same goes for you…but try to make sure no calls land my way after 11pm my time. And don't worry, Akiko, I won't forget the moves, but forgive me if I continue my swimming.”
 
Akiko just stuck her tongue out and handed Lena a small back, “Here. It's just a small figurine, but it's nothing to big. Just a picture of us being nuts.”
 
Lena smiled up at Akiko, tilting her head to the side with a nod, “I'm honored. I truly am. Thanks `Kiko.”
 
Akiko nodded as she and Takeo headed off, waving goodbye. Neither of them wanted to hang around for the rest of the tearful farewell. Lena understood that all to well, as she ran her hand along the new purple shirt Mia had gotten her. The sleeveless thing was truly perfect, and fit her personality. A scooped neckline revealed the Jewel hanging from her neck on a black choker.
 
“Man…you should so stay longer. We have so many more moves to go through! And my mom still wants to teach you the rest of that dish, so you better come back at least, sis,” Kento grumbled, showing a gruff affection. Since the battle, he had taken to calling Lena sis, the way he sometimes did Mia. For him it was natural, since he already had so many other younger sibs to begin with.
 
Lena smiled, remembering. A month after the battle, Kento had taken all of them to go say hi to him mom. He considered it a total disaster, but in truth, they all had fun. His siblings were rambunctious, immediately having to climb over the new girl to them, and show her everything. Luckily, Mama Rei Fuan had saved her from it and taken the rest of the Rei Fuan family out of the other's hair for a while.
 
“Well, just come back soon. We still have to map out some more of those stars,” Rowen said, nodding in his knowing way, “And get you to teach me how to cook.”
 
Lena rolled her eyes at his mischievous smirk, knowing full well that anything culinary that Rowen touched generally had to be thrown away or doused out to stop the flames. Cye jumped to her rescue, slinking a brotherly arm around her shoulder. Like Kento, he saw Lena as a little sister. One that he hadn't had a chance to have, and brothered her like Ryo and Kento did, but in a more gentle way, “Now now, give her a break. We want to send her home in one piece, not tormented with nightmares of your cooking.”
 
Rowen shrugged slightly, ever cool as Cye turned to Lena to hand her a purple cloth bag about the size of a small purse, “Here. These cookies are for the trip, and I know you'll eat them. You ate enough of that Hello Panda candy and Pocky to give Kento a run for his money!”
 
The guys laughed as Kento glared around, “What is that supposed to mean?! I'm a growing boy! I have to eat!”
 
Lena stepped away as Kento put a head lock on Cye, laughing as she stood next to Mia. Turning to the older women, she smiled slightly. With Mia…well, Mia became like a sister to her. Being an oldest child, she never had an older sister to turn to, and Mia had stepped into the roll without a single worry. Heck, the woman had even replaced the clothing that had gotten destroyed during the battle. Lena hugged Mia tightly, “Thanks for everything, you. If you ever want to come out to the US, look me up in Colorado. I'll take ya skiing. Or even if you just want to talk…”
 
“Same here. If you ever want to talk, give me a call, email or letter. I don't care. And remember, my home is always open to you,” Mia smiled, breaking off the hug as they each quickly wiped away unshed tears.
 
Shifting her bag onto her shoulder, she placed the cookies into it, laughing at the wrestling match between Kento and Cye. Rowen seemed to act as a referee. Running a hand through her brown pony tail, she shook her head, “I'm not getting them out of trouble this time.”
 
Sage and Ryo snorted, recalling the last match those three had gotten into. A park, around ten pm, and the cops had come to investigate. Lena sweet talked them as best as she could, and was backed up by Sage, Ryo and Mia. In the end, the guys were let go with a stern warning.
 
“Well, girly. I guess it's time for me to say goodbye as well,” Ryo said, smiling. The wrestling match had stopped, and Lena reached up and gave Ryo a hug, “Stay out of trouble.”
 
“I will, missy,” Ryo smirked, and then shrugged, letting Sage walked forward.
 
Lena looked up at Sage, giving him a small smile. The two of them had become good friends, always laughing about something. From Sage's girl problems and Lena's attempts not to kick the crap out of them, and even to the time they took to get Sage's hair right. They had even had a hair spray accident, in which Lena ended up momentarily blind and Sage with hair bluer then Rowen's. Sage held his hand out, handing her another small bag, “Open this on the plane. It's from each of us. We all chipped in, even Mia and Yulie.”
 
Lena smiled gently, biting her lip not to cry. She looked over at Yulie, who looked rather proud of himself as he shrugged, looking a little too smug. She shook her head, and leaned down and gave the kid a kiss on the forehead, “Thanks squirt.”
 
Her meeting him had been memorable. She had lost a white shirt to the mud a juice stains, but she hadn't cared. Glancing back up at Sage, she stood again, “Thanks guys. All of you.”
 
She leaned forward, giving Sage a hug as well, kissing his cheek. Gods alive, she would miss him. She listened to him, “Visit us sometime in the future. We'll try to do the same to you. We already know the link with you won't work with you being gone so far, so keep in touch.”
 
“I look forward to it…though…Sage?” She whispered.
 
Sage tilted his head, to listen as she grinned, “If Ryo and Mia aren't together by the time I come out here next, and I think I'll go insane! They keep skirting each other now!”
 
Sage laughed, and put her down, “We all know. We'll try our best!”
 
Lena smiled up at him, knowing that neither had said what they had wanted to say, but happy nonetheless. She stepped back, looking at each as her flight was called. She frowned, then sighed, “Well, I guess this is it. I'll see you all around guys. Don't hesitate to give me a visit sometime!”
 
She smiled, giving each of them hugs before she went off to head to the plane. Looking over her shoulder as she entered the terminal, she watched each of them waving goodbye.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Mia smiled at each of her boys, shaking her head as she tapped each of them, “Come on guys, let's go back home.”
 
“Yea…”They sighed out.
 
“Oh come on now, it won't be the last time we see her. I know that for certain!” Mia smiled as Ryo nodded heartily, “Yea, Mi's right!”
 
Each of them brightened up as they headed to the car, ready to go home and rest up. Somehow, the day was suddenly better. They had each other, and were still able to torture Mia to the best of their abilities. Either way, they had a new friend in a new place as well.
 
“Let's go, guys.” Sage said, nodding to himself, the last to leave the terminal and follow.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lena sighed, looking out the plane window. Jet lag was going to kill her this time, she just knew it. The flight was too long as well. Shrugging to herself, she put on headphones, smiling to herself as she felt her flute's vibrations from within her Jewel. Not for the first time did she thank Kayura and the warlords for teaching her how to use the power and control it. They had spoken with them before she had to leave as well.
 
“Well, we'll check up on you every so often,” Kale said, nodding and smirking at Sage, who was bristling at his rival, “What, have a problem Halo?”
 
Sage glared as Cye placed a hand on Sage's shoulder, mentally telling him to cool off as Lena shrugged off the whole thing, “If you want to visit, that's just fine. Kayura and I still have to work on my training as it is anyways, but if you scare anyone, I'll kick the crap out of you.”
 
Kale nodded, “Touché.”
 
“Did that even warrant that?” Kayura had asked, shaking her head.
 
“So, is the battle really over? How do we know that Lethias guy is dead?” Kento asked.
 
“We don't know for certain, but if anything happens or starts to look suspicious, you can count on a warning from us to the best of our ability, alright?” Kayura asked.
 
Lena had nodded, “Alright. I just want to know in case anything happens that way I can be there to help if I'm needed.”
 
Ryo laughed, “We can always use the help!”
 
Shaking her head, she munched on a cookie absently, knowing that she was going to miss Cye's cooking more then ever. She blinked, remembering the small soft bag that Sage had handed to her from everyone. She already knew they thought that it was best that he handed it to her, though she couldn't figure that one out just yet. Damn, she loved that guy.
 
She poured the bag's contents into her hand as the color of silver glinted from it. The bracelet she now held was a beautiful piece of jewelry. Round balls were separated by rectangular pieces, and the bracelet itself fit her wrist as it should. Glancing at the balls a little closer, she saw something engraved. On each of the balls were engraved the Kanji for each of the five guys and herself. She read them off: grace, righteousness, wisdom, justice, trust…and heart.
 
She smiled, noticing that they included her own. Even without a mystical armor, she had a kanji for herself, and she smiled brightly as she looked at two of the rectangles. There the Kanji for Mia and Yulie that Lena thought fit them best were engraved. Knowledge and Joy…
 
She quickly put it on, smiling brightly. Now, no matter what, her new friends were always with her. She didn't care what the bracelet was. She'd treasure it always.
 
“Thanks guys…for everything…”
 
-End-
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Author's note: Well…here…sniff…is the last time I get to write this for my story. I pray you all liked it a lot! I do have plans for a sequel, but now that this is done, I am actually going to open up a series of one-shots like I mentioned. I will accept those from others as well to be placed in it, and can be of past or the present in this story using any of the characters I've made up or the actual Ronins themselves, whether it is parody or not. Anyways, I hope that others will join in. Anyways, I pray that you enjoyed this story! I will begin the sequel soon! I already have the prologue up. It's entitled, At A Glance.
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks so much for your support!
 
Inda: I'm glad your trip went well. Truly I am. And don't you worry, I do have more stories up my sleeve, including those one-shots! Bwahahahah!
 
JJ: Lol, thanks a lot for the advice! I appreciate it a lot, and I'm glad that you enjoyed this story. I should have that sequel fired up soon, so hopefully it will work out. I don't know, but I do know that this story will have two after it at least…if I can stop the ideas from coming by then! @_@ Lol