Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Past Meets Future ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating: T
Pairings: Future selves: RyoxMia, CyexCelena, KentoxKahlan, RowenxLee, and SagexSaphrita. Past Selves: CyexCelena and RyoxMia. Kids: Touma+Sakura+Touma.
Disclaimer: I make no claim to own anything from Ronin Warriors. SO STOP BUGGING ME!!!!
SSSSSSSSS scene change
italics telepathy
“yap yap yap” talk
`yap yap yap' thoughts
 
Past
Meets
Future
Chapter 10
 
“Oh my god.” Celena gasped as she looked around her, “What happened here?”
“What's it look like?” Leeanna said sarcastically, “Apparently Taru attacked here either when we were in the tunnels, going down the stairs, or on that weird train.”
“Leeanna you don't have to be so harsh about it.” Sali said crossly.
“I wasn't being harsh,” returned the girl, “I was just telling the truth.”
“RRRiiiggghhhttt.” Nadeshiko and Sakura drawled.
“I was honestly!” Leeanna cried.
“Stop arguing!” Reika shouted, “Fighting is going to get us nowhere!”
The four girls hung their heads in embarrassment.
“Okay, then what are we going to do then?” Shu asked.
“I'm thinking we should head toward the palace.” Mia said, “It's probably where we'll find the others, and we may be able to get some answers about what happened.”
“Right, what do you think Celena?” Kento turned to the red-haired girl.
“Mia's right, we should head there of all places, and hopefully the others are alright…I hope.” she said sadly.
“Well then, let's go.” Ryo said.
As they walked along the street, they could see that not only were the car's windows caved in but the windows of different stores, and small buildings. The road was also damaged in some places where it looked like something or someone had been fighting. “Geez, they sure did a job on this place.” Ryudo said.
“Yeah, but the question is why did they attack the past in the first place?” Touma asked.
“No idea.” Cye turned his head to regard the younger Strata, “But they must have had a good…whoa!
“Cye!” Ryo shouted looking around, “you okay?”
“Ugh, I think so.” was the reply.
“Where are you?” Sage said.
“Down here, I think I fell into an abandoned subway station.”
The others looked down a saw a hole about ten feet wide by twenty feet tall, and it had some stairs leading down into it the rest were broken off.
“Now how did that get there?” Rowen asked, suddenly interested.
“No idea.” Ryo answered.
“Can you climb out, Cye?” Kento called down.
“I think so but a majority of those stairs are broken off like someone took a sword and sliced them in half then broke them up into some stone slabs that are down here, which is what I landed on.”
“Ouch, are you sure you're okay?” Celena winced at the fact of landing on hard slabs of concrete.
“Yes, I'm fine.” Cye jumped back onto the street.
“Okay let's go.” Leeanna resumed walking toward the palace.
Suddenly the ground began to tremble underneath them. “Oh no, what now?” Kento said in exasperation. As if in answer a huge black creature sprang up from the ground. It landed with a crash onto the street, splitting it in half. It had glowing red eyes, and its teeth were as sharp as swords and were stained with blood from recent kills. It slowly raised its long neck and its head reached up higher than that of the buildings. The creature snorted flames from its nose, and took off into the sky with a single beat of its wings, apparently not noticing the Ronins at all, as it flew south of them. “Oh boy, just what we need dragons.” Ryo said.
“By any chance was that…” Mia started.
“No, Mia, it wasn't Drayfus, besides, Drayfus had silver on her, so she's not all black in the first place, and her eyes are sapphire.” Celena explained.
“That little detail slipped my mind” Stars replied.
“Where did it come from anyway?” Nadeshiko asked, “It's not like Taru could just make them out of thin air.”
“True,” Rowen said, “but those dragons serve anyone, sometimes, it's even rumored that Drayfus' own clan is descended from them in the first place.”
“WHAT!!” the others gasped.
“When did you hear about that?!” Ryo asked, quite shocked at the news.
“Well, Drayfus told me herself actually.” Strata replied, “She said it was around the time that the people of the past were trying to decide who would represent the Darkness Kingdom's dragons, they had first decided that it would be the fire ones since some of them are born black, but around that time the black dragons had started some kind of war against the people, they outnumbered them a million to one mostly, some of the black dragons though, about twenty or thirty of them, thought that the war was pretty meaningless in the first place, so they sided with the people and the other dragons from the fire clan, the air clan, etc…and fought with them to stop their own kind from destroying their world, after the war, the black dragons that sided with the people were given the color silver and different eye colors like blue or green to separate them from their kindred, and since they sided with us and they were black to begin with, everyone of that time decided for them to be the Darkness Kingdom's dragon guardians, they sometimes even disguised the silver color on them to spy on the black dragons to make sure everything is in order and so they don't start another war”
“Wow.” Celena gasped pretty stunned by Drayfus' past, “I don't even think Lee knows that story.”
“She doesn't” Strata said calmly, “Drayfus said she never got a chance to tell Lee in the first place.”
“Well that's new, she usually doesn't keep any secrets from Lee.” Mia said.
“I know that, she just didn't feel right telling her, saying it might ruin their friendship.” Rowen replied.
“That's nuts, Lee would never do a thing like that!” Celena exclaimed.
“Excuse me, if you're all done arguing we'd like to resume walking toward the palace before that thing comes back, if you don't mind.” Reika cut in.
“Alright, let's go, and hopefully we won't have anymore interruptions.” Ryo agreed.
 
SSSSSSSSS
 
As they walked a little further the ground seemed to smooth out, the road was straight and none of the buildings were torn down at all. The cars were all in perfect shape, no windows broken or doors dented as they were behind them. “That's weird, you'd think these would be destroyed as well.” Sage said, “It looks like nothing's even been down here.”
“Yeah, you're right I wonder why that…oof” Rowen said as he smacked into something, “what the…”
“That's what I'd like to know.” Celena came up beside him and felt out in front of her.
Her hand pressed up against something hard and invisible to the eye. “It looks like a force field.” she said finally.
“A force field?” Ryudo sounded puzzled, “what's it doing here?”
“Protecting the palace…look” Celena pointed to something inside the force field's walls and sure enough there was the Palace.
“Okay, we made it to the palace, but how do we get passed this force field.” Touma asked.
“That's easy, watch.” Celena said.
She walked up to the force field and knocked two times slowly, then three times fast, she then stepped back and waited. Sure enough the force field started to glow and a small door about six feet in height appeared. “Wow!” the children exclaimed.
“Let's go before it closes.” Celena said walking through.
The others followed suit and the doorway closed behind them, and blending in so it looked like there was no door was ever there. They walked along the completely untouched street towards their destination. As they approached there was something huge blocking the street. “Ahh, what's that!” Sali exclaimed pointing at the creature. The others stared at the creature upon closer inspection they found that it had dark blue scales, with gold horns, claws, teeth, and the inside of it's wings were gold as well. It was curled up and appeared to be sleeping, whatever it was. “Is it that creature from before.” Leeanna asked nervously.
Rowen laughed, “No, does that creature look black to you?”
“Well, no.” Leeanna replied, but then she jumped back as the creature seemed to stir.
“Ahhh, it moved!!” Nadeshiko cried.
The creature let out a low growl, opened its dark blue eyes and stared at the Ronins. “Ahhh, it's alive!!” Sakura gasped, clinging to Touma's arm.
The creature raised its long neck, and its head came to about the middle of the buildings surrounding them since it was lying down. It then moved its head closer to them; the end of its nose just stopped about five feet from the group. It sniffed a little, apparently smelling them, to find out what they were. It snorted, as if they smelled bad to it, and a rush of hot air surrounded the Ronins, and the creature opened its mouth.
“It's gonna eat us!!” Leeanna shouted, not bothering to hide the fear in her voice.
The creature snorted again at them, as if it was laughing. “Now why would I go and do a thing like that little one?” the creature asked.
Leeanna made a face, “Oh great now the oversized lizard is talking”. The creature seemed to take offense to this, because it snorted dark blue flames as her.
“Yikes!” Leeanna jumped, hiding behind her brother.
“You'll have to excuse her Skylar, she doesn't really know how to talk to dragons, yet.” Rowen said.
“Apparently not, otherwise she wouldn't be so rude.” the Dragon of Air replied, glancing in Leeanna's direction.
“Sorry,” Leeanna said apologetically, as she stepped out from behind Touma, “but I've never talked to a dragon before.”
“What!” Celena exclaimed, “I thought you knew the dragons that are in the future.”
“We do, and we have talked to them, just not in their real forms.” Leeanna replied.
“Real forms?” Kento asked.
“What she means is that they have only seen the dragons in their human forms, and their personalities in those forms are very different then those that they have in their dragon forms” Celena explained.
Skylar snorted flames again this time aiming and almost burned Leeanna, before she jumped out of the way. “Now really Skylar, that's no way to treat them” said a voice. The others glanced to the dragon's left for the owner of the voice. Skylar snorted hot air in that direction when he looked toward the voice. The owner of the voice was dressed in a sky-blue shirt, and pants with a cloth belt and Japanese style slippers. The shirt, pants and belt were made of the same material that was used to make the robes that the tigers and guardians wore. His eyes were a sea-green color, and his long hair was a shade of blue that was lighter than the clothes he wore and almost reached his knees. “But that girl insulted me Oceanus!” Skylar said angrily.
“I know, but one little insult can't hurt you're reputation, now can it?” Oceanus replied calmly.
Skylar thought about this for a minute, “No, I guess not” he said finally, “but what are you doing out here anyway, didn't your brother tell you not to leave the palace until he got back little one?”
Oceanus' eyes narrowed at being called little one, “The reason I'm out here is that Volco is looking for you so I suggest you go to him before he blows up the part of the city that we've managed to save looking for you.”
“Alright, but you get back inside the palace right after I leave, and can you take them with you?” the Air dragon motioned toward the Ronins.
Oceanus glanced over at the Ronins and nodded, “Yes I will, now will you get going”. “Alright little one, I'll see you later.”
There was a strong wind as Skylar flapped his wings, he took off from the ground and flew in the direction that Oceanus had said Volco was. Oceanus let out the breath that he had been holding. `Man, I thought he'd never leave, and why must he call me little one all the time?' he thought to himself. “Getting use of your human form, Oceanus?” Cye asked the transformed dragon.
Oceanus turned, “I guess you could call it that.”
“So how have things been going” Kento asked.
“As you can see, not so well.” the Water Dragon replied.
“At least you were able to save some of the city, master dragon.” Leeanna said quietly.
Oceanus turned his eyes on Leeanna, not used to being called that by anyone. “Please don't call me that, it's just Oceanus to you.” he replied.
“But I thought that dragons had a certain reputation, as you called it, to uphold whatever form there in.” Darkness looked at him curiously.
“True, but I don't like having people say that, I'm not too fond of formal things” Oceanus said.
“You mean you don't want anything to do with people who formally address you?” Leeanna asked.
The Water Dragon nodded.
“Oceanus is a lot younger that most of the dragons Leeanna” Celena said, “you only have to use the formal greetings on the older ones, like Skylar for example, that's why he was so upset.”
“Oh.” Leeanna said.
“I'm guessing that where you guys disappeared to, was the future?” Oceanus asked.
“Right.” Celena replied.
“Oh, so that's why some of you have doubles of yourselves.” the dragon tilted his head to one side.
The past Ronins nodded. Celena then introduced Oceanus to the other children, considering that he already knew Leeanna. Oceanus nodded to each of them, then turned toward the palace and motioned them to follow.
“Os tahw saw siht ymene taht uoy tnew ot taefed?” the dragon asked. The future Ronins looked at each other since none of the understood what he meant.
“Eht ymene si a ytsanyd roirraw, tros fo, ehs saw nesohc yb nomadab ot yldesoppus deeccus mih, dna ehs koot revo eht elohw ytsanyd, retfa lla fo meht erew enog, fo esruoc” Cye answered.£
Sali looked at Celena questioningly, “What are they saying?”
Celena turned and quietly explained to her and the other children what the conversation was about, since they didn't understand a word that Oceanus and Cye were saying.
“Alright here we are.” Oceanus said as the reached the door of the palace.
“Whoa, that was fast.” Reika said quietly.
Oceanus pushed open the door and led them inside, into the great hall of the palace. “Odd. I thought that the others would at least be here to greet you.” the dragon said.
CRASH
“Oh great, what are they up to now?” Oceanus sighed, as he walked towards the dining room door and walked in.
The Ronins looked at each other, then followed slowly.
 
SSSSSSSSS
 
The past Ronins reached the door first and looked inside to probably what was the craziest scene that they had ever seen. For one, Naaza was running around the dining room table while munching on some cookies. Rajura was right behind him, yelling at him to give him the cookies. Then right behind him was Kahlan, holding a frying pan over her head, running behind Rajura and yelling “GIVE ME BACK THOSE COOKIES NOW!!!”
Since they weren't allowed to touch them until after dinner. Shiten was just sitting in one of the dining table's chairs, sitting back with his feet on the table, enjoying the entire scene like it was some sort of movie. Then Saphrita and Anubis entered the room and stared at the scene before them. Lee was sitting beside them reading but looked up when they entered the room. “They're at it again aren't they?” she asked.
“Yes. I don't know when they'll ever get over this.” Jewels replied, shaking her sapphire colored bangs out of her eyes.
“You never know when it's those three.” Anubis said shaking his head.
Suddenly, Naaza tripped causing all the cookies to fly into the air. Though before Rajura could jump after them Kahlan, who had caught up with him, hit him over the head with the frying pan. “Well that takes care of that.” she said as she walked over and picked up the bag of cookies.
“Aren't you guys getting tired of chasing each other all the time?” Lee asked as she put her book to the side.
“Well I wouldn't chase them if they would stop stealing all the food that I make.” Kahlan said angrily.
“True but you know those two just love your cooking” Shiten said.
Kahlan sighed, “I know but they ruin everything that I plan to have as a surprise for the rest of you.”
“Then why don't we put a lock on the kitchen door when you're cooking in there and then they can't get at whatever it is you have in there.” Anubis suggested.
“Isn't that a little harsh though, what if one of us has to get into the kitchen for something” Saphrita asked.
“Then Kahlan will let you in, because only she will have the key that will open the lock to the door.” Anubis replied.
“I guess that works.” Lee said thoughtfully.
 
SSSSSSSSS
 
“What in the world was going on in here?” Oceanus asked as he walked into the room.
“Oh Naaza and Rajura were having an argument over Kahlan's cooking again” Anubis said. “They never get tired of that.” the dragon said, “Have any of you seen Icoro at all today?”
“No we haven't seen him all day.” Shiten said.
“That's weird I told him to wait in the front hall for me.” Oceanus murmured.
“Well he may have had something else to do. Why?” Lee asked.
“What did I have to do?” said a voice behind Lee.
“AAAHHHHH!!” Lee shrieked, and whirled around.
She came face to face with a boy just about her height, maybe a little taller, with long light blue hair with sliver streaks in it, green eyes, and he was wearing a blue T-shirt, white jeans, and blue tennis shoes. Icoro just stared at her calmly, “What's with all the screaming?” he asked.
“I've told you not to sneak up on me before haven't I?” Lee retorted, “I'm still not used to seeing you at eye level!”
“Sorry.” the water tiger said apologetically.
Then he turned to his friend. “Sorry about that Oceanus, I needed to take care of something urgent.”
“Never mind, it's okay.” Oceanus replied.
“Yeah I doubt it really was urgent.” Kahlan said smugly.
“Are you looking to be made into a scratching post?” Icoro said angrily.
“No” she replied, “but you never do anything urgent anyway, unless it involves catnip.”
Icoro growled.
“Well I see you guys are getting along as good as ever” Celena said, entering the room.
HIME-SAMA!” Saphrita cried as she, Lee, and Kahlan ran to their friend.
“Hello Saphy, Lee, Kahlan.” Celena said.
“You're not hurt are you?” Saphrita said checking Celena all over for cuts or gashes.
“Saphy, I assure you that I'm fine. Okay?” Celena replied.
“Positive?” Saphrita looked doubtful.
Celena nodded.
“Okay.” Saphy said, then went to stand next to Anubis again.
“It's good to see you guys again” Shiten said.
“It's good to be home.” Ryo said, “But what happened out there?”
“What does it look like?” Lee snorted, “That enemy that you were supposed to be fighting came here and destroyed half the city, but it's a good thing Saphy here saw it coming or we wouldn't have gotten all the people out of the city in time.”
“Good job Saphy.” Celena said.
“Only doing my duty Hime.” Saphrita replied.
“Is there anything you wish to explain to us about this enemy from the future?” Kahlan asked.
“Yes, but before that we have some people we'd like you to meet.” Celena turned towards the door.
Taking their cue from Celena the children stepped into the light.
“H-holy.” Lee stammered.
“C-Celena?” Saphrita asked.
“Yes these are the Ronins of the Future.” Celena replied.
“Amazing, I never would have guessed.” Lee said sarcastically.
“Very funny Lee.” Rowen said.
Sali looked at Anubis and Saphrita, and asked completely out of the blue, “Are you two dating?”
“WHAT?!” Anubis gasped, completely embarrassed. “NO! We are not going out!!!!” Saphrita said angrily, “Why does everyone ask that?!”
Sali cowered. “I'm sorry it was just a question.”
“I suggest you don't use that tone when speaking to my daughter Saphrita.” Celena said.
Saphrita stared at her, “Y-your daughter?!”
Celena nodded, “Yes my daughter, don't you see the resemblance, some of them are your own children as well.”
Saphrita looked at all of the children, her eyes coming to a stop on Sakura, “Yes I can see what you mean.”
“Hey Cel, Mia, since you two have kids you must be married, right?” Lee asked.
“Yeah we are.” Mia said, “So?”
“Soooo....who are you two married to?!” Lee asked in a rush.
“Well, umm” Mia stammered.
“I don't know Lee, none of them look like Mia at all.” Kahlan said.
Reika and Ryudo turned to look at each other and laughed. “I not surprised you wouldn't see the resemblance since we both look like our dad.” Reika said.
“Oh” Lee gasped, “Mia you mean you're married to…”
“RYO?!” Saphrita and Kahlan both exclaimed, almost about to burst out with laughter. Mia nodded.
“Holy cow!” Kahlan said.
“And what about you Hime?” Saphrita asked.
“Well, you'll just have to guess, but do you three want to know who you three are married to?” Celena asked.
All three of the girls nodded.
“Okay first, Saphrita, you're married to Sage.” Celena said.
“WHAT, I'M MARRIED TO CASANOVA!!!” Saphrita shouted.
“HEY, I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!!!!” Sage shouted back.
“I can't believe this.” she said in exasperation.
“I thought you might say that.” Celena said, “Next, Kahlan, you're married to Kento.”
“I'M MARRIED TO THE PIG!!!!” Kahlan shouted.
“HEY, THAT WAS MEAN!!” Kento exclaimed.
“Well, I'm sorry but you are sometimes.” Kahlan said.
“Yeah, I guess your right.” Kento replied.
Celena laughed, “And last but not least, Lee, you are married to Rowen.”
“WHAT, I'M MARRIED TO THE BRAINIAC!!!!!” Lee shouted.
“HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT????!!!!!” Rowen shouted back.
“Only about eight hundred and ninety-nine times well nine hundred now, but whose counting. And besides you are a brainiac at times anyway.” Lee said.
Rowen growled.
“Hey, settle down children, you can argue later.” Celena said calmly.
“So I guess that means you're married to Cye. Right Hime?” Saphrita said.
“That's right.” Celena said.
“Okay so we know who we're married to, can we please know what their names are.” Kahlan said pointing at the children.
The children looked at each other then at Celena.
Celena nodded, “Go ahead, you might as well since you'll be staying here awhile.”
The children nodded. “My name is Ryudo Sanada.” said the boy with long black hair.
The girl with long, straight, black hair next to him went next, “I'm Reika Sanada.”
“I'm Touma Hashiba, and this is Leeanna Hashiba.” said a boy with short blue hair, and he pointed to the girl next to him with long black hair that was in pigtails.
“My name's Seiji Date, and this is Sakura Date.” a boy with blonde hair, like Sage's said, and he pointed to the girl next to him with long sapphire hair that was pulled back like Saphrita's was.
“I'm Shu Faun, and this is my sister Nadeshiko Faun.” said a boy with ash black hair, and he pointed to the girl next to him with long knee-length brown hair.
“My name is Shin Mouri.” said the boy with shoulder length auburn hair.
“And I'm Sali Mouri.” the girl with flaming red hair, that was in a ponytail, next to him said.
“Okay, that's all of them?” Saphrita asked.
Celena nodded.
“Are all of you brother and sister?” Lee asked.
“Yes we are.” Leeanna replied, “Even though not all of us acknowledged that fact.”
“Amazing. But what are you doing here though, I thought you would be in the future not here trying to help us.” Kahlan asked.
“True that's what we thought, but when we were in Taru's castle, we sort of followed them down some strange stairs, then through a subway, then walked though the city, ran into three dragons, and then finally ended up here.” Leeanna explained.
“What do you mean three dragons?” Naaza asked curiously.
“Well we ran into Skylar, and Oceanus,” Rowen said, “but before that a huge black dragon came up out of the ground in front of us while we were still in the city, luckily it didn't see us at all, otherwise we'd all be burnt to a crisp by now.”
“What black dragon?” asked a voice from the door.
They all turned around to see a woman standing there. The owner of the voice was dressed in a jet-black shirt, and pants with a cloth belt and Japanese style slippers. The shirt, pants and belt were made of the same material that was used to make the robes that the tigers and guardians wore. Her eyes were a sapphire color, and her long hair was a shade of black that was the same shade as the clothes she wore and it reached her knees. “Hello Drayfus.” Lee said as the transformed dragon walked down the steps.
Drayfus nodded, “What do you mean a black dragon Rowen?”
“Well we saw a black dragon rip out from under the ground, and unless our black dragons have sided with the enemy, they could already be serving the enemy without us knowing about them until now.” Rowen said.
“As far as I know Rowen, none of the black dragons have sided against us, they're probably all in they're caves in the Mystic Realm.” Drayfus said.
“That would be a great relief if we knew for sure though Dray.” a male voice asked from the doorway.
Drayfus turned around to see another of her dragon companions. He was about two inches taller then Volco, and he had knee-length silver hair which stood out against his cream-colored shirt, pants, and shoes. His silver bangs falling into his sea-green eyes, which were warm as he watched them. “Hello Blizzard, when did you get back?” Drayfus asked, as the Dragon of Ice walked over to them.
“Just a few minutes ago actually, Skylar informed me of what happened while I was gone.” Blizzard replied.
Drayfus nodded, “I assure you though my friend that none of the Black Dragons from the Mystic Realm have left their caves to come here otherwise I would know about it.”
 
TBC...
 
£ - Os tahw saw siht ymene taht uoy tnew ot taefed?” = .”“So what was this enemy that you went to defeat?”
“Eht ymene si a ytsanyd roirraw, tros fo, ehs saw nesohc yb nomadab ot yldesoppus deeccus mih, dna ehs koot revo eht elohw ytsanyd, retfa lla fo meht erew enog, fo esruoc.” = “The enemy is a dynasty warrior, sort of, she was chosen by Badamon to supposedly succeed him, and she took over the whole dynasty after all of them were gone, of course.”
 
Author Note: Well that's it for now. Please R and R it helps me work. Ja ne.