Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth ❯ Arrival in Boston ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth
Chapter 3: Arrival in Boston

Throughout Boston's Logan Airport, people filed in and out of gates. Passengers ran down hall after hall, late for flights, others waited patiently for boarding. From one gate in particular, a young purple-haired girl emerged, wearing her usual overalls and T-shirt. She looked around, making sure they had arrived in the right place.

"You two can come in now…" Ran said.

Two heads peeked out from behind the entryway, looking around frantically before two superdeformed Seishi toddled over behind Ran like little children.

"It's okay you two…we just have to go over here and declare some stuff. It's not going to be that painful…" Ran groaned.

Ran, forced to hold the hands of Navcase and Yuriko, approached the desk, where the person there asked her if she had anything to declare.

"I don't, but these two do." Ran replied, turning to Navcase and Yuriko. "Now place your sword and naginata on the desk."

The still terrified Seishi tiptoed out from behind their human shield called Ran, and got a stern look from her, as if she was not going to tolerate this terrified response any longer. Navcase reached into his supplies and placed his katana on the desk, practically terrifying the guy behind the desk, who stared at the weapon wide-eyed.

"Is there anything else?" he asked.
"Yes. This." Yuriko answered, placing her Naginata on the desk as well, causing even more fear.
"I-is t-there anything else?" the attendant asked.
"Nope, that's it." Ran said, causing him to breathe a sigh of relief as the two recovered their weapons and headed off with Ran.
"Are they going to be all right?" he called after them.
"Yeah, they don't get out much." Ran explained, with the two re-superdeformed Seishi trailing after her.

As they approached the gate where the limo Kinjiro sent to pick them up would arrive, Ran sighed as the two childlike Seishi continued to follow her. It had been hard enough getting their weapons on the plane in Japan. It took forever to carefully explain why they were in posession of them, which Navcase had managed to screw up by explaining that he needed it to fight evil, causing even more commotion, which, she of course, had to straighten out. By the time that was over, she had another problem, this time Yuriko declaring that she carried a 6 to 8 foot spear to fend off letches. THAT, took even longer. It came down to having to call Kinjiro up and having him "explain" that Ran was his daughter from a previous marriage and that these two were her personal bodyguards. THANKFULLY, both for Kinjiro AND Ran, the flight attendants bought it, allowing them to board the plane...after Ran calmly explained to the two of them that it was safe, it was not a large steel monster and was not going to devour them.

She wished that her mom had told them about modern transportation. Ran felt as if she was traveling with two children instead of two twentysomethings. They had so many questions; What does this button do? What did you just put in your mouth, and why haven't you swallowed it? Why do you keep bringing it in and out of your mouth? What was this/that? She groaned at remembering how the two of them, utterly facinated and enthralled by the little call button, nearly brought a normally patient, respectful-even-when disrespectful Japanese flight attendant to the the point of forfeiting their chances of world salvation. She was thankful that it HAD NOT happened, both for the sake of the world and the thought of how they would have reacted. Luckily, she managed to convince the two that the headphones the flight attendants had passed out were not going to suck out their brains for the large steel creature to feed upon, allowing her to take a very well-deserved and grateful snooze for the remainder of the flight, as they had just about ticked her off, which was something that was very hard to do. When she was shaken awake by the flight attendant, she almost pulled a Sakura from the stress the two had put on her.

"I told you guys that planes weren't that bad…Navcase, I would have thought you wouldn't be scared since you've been on Earth for a while now?" Ran asked.
"Ceiphied recaptured me…even though I did spend some time with Kinjiro on this modern Earth…" Navcase began to explain.
"Oh, never mind…" Ran said, groaning.
"Miss Ran…do we have to get in that long black thing?" Yuriko said, pointing to the limo.
"Yes…" Ran said.
"Is it safe?" Yuriko asked.
"Yes." Ran replied.
"Like the large flying thing we used to get here." Yuriko said.
"Exactly…" Ran said, getting sick of this, and guessing that these two were not the ideal choices for this mission. "I should have gone with Yoko and Ayako instead…" Ran thought.

After carefully leading the two timid Seishi into the car, they took off for the hotel. Once there, Ran checked in for the three of them, as the other two were incapable of speaking any English. After being led to their room, Ran thanked them as Navcase and Yuriko explored the strange environment before yawning loudly.

"Why are we so tired?" Yuriko and Navcase asked.

Ran plopped down on her bed and folded her hands behind her head.

"It's called jet lag. You two feel any presences?" Ran asked, yawning herself.
"If we weren't so tired, maybe we would. Kinjiro did say that he would update us once he got closer to finding the contacts." Navcase said.
"I guess it's best to rest for the time being and start looking tonight." Yuriko said, lying down as well. "Shinta-chan…" she called in a sing-song voice.

Navcase carefully moved over and climbed into bed with Yuriko, as Ran pulled the baseball cap she had brought along over her eyes and dozed off.

Meanwhile…

As the three rested up from their journey, a small private plane, bearing an Otoantou Industries logo, was on its way to Boston. On board, four people prepared for action.

One, an older Asian woman about her mid to late twenties, opened a suitcase, where various parts of a sniper rifle were stowed. She began cleaning the various pieces and inspecting them for readiness. Next to her, an Asian man with short black hair, dressed in a white suit with a trenchcoat over it, pulled out a large ornate sword. The hilt had wings on it that looked so real the sword could probably fly. Twin dragons heads also were on either side of the flat part of the broadsword, which also looked quite real. A tattoo of a yukata knife seemed to be on the underside of his wrist. Putting his sword away, he solemnly pulled out a pair of very fancy pistols, inspected them and checked them for ammo before putting them away as well.

Across from them, a large burly gentleman was reading a Japanese newspaper, whose front page article referred to the break in at Otoantou. He attempted to concentrate on the article he was reading before he was kicked in the leg. Looking to his right, he found the unconscious form of a young Chinese girl, probably in her late teens as she thrashed around in her sleep.

"<You can't beat me…I'm the Invincible Sword Goddess…>" she mumbled in Chinese.

Later that night…

"So, where we gonna go now?" Teresa asked, her arms full of shopping bags.
"Food?" Allison suggested. "I'm hungry."
"As usual." Karen mumbled under her breath. "Why don't we head for Newbury Street? Teresa can shop, Allison can eat."
"Great idea!" the two girls exclaimed.

Teresa tore off at high speed towards more shopping while Karen and Allison followed behind, as Teresa forced the crowd to part as she made for the Westin. As a well rested Amaterasu team sat contemplating dinner, Teresa flew by in Store-seeking mode as Karen and Allison hurried after her.

"That girl reminded me of Yoko." Yuriko said as Teresa flew by.
"Teresa wait up!" Karen shouted as she and Allison hurried after her.

As Karen went by, Navcase felt something. Something quite powerful, that he could not put his foot on it. Or perhaps, he could. A Seishi.

"Navcase, what is it?" Yuriko asked, noticing that the man of her dreams and realities' face was whiter than his Seishi wardrobe.
"One of those girls that went by might be a Seishi. I'm going after them." Navcase said, getting up from the table abruptly and rushing off.
"SHINTA-CHAN COME BACK!!!!" Yuriko screamed at the top of her lungs, and then looking around the room to see that everyone was staring at her.
"<Sorry…>" she replied.

Navcase hurried after Teresa and the others, hoping that he would not loose them. This city was large, and he was a stranger here. That, and he had no grasp of the English language. Which made tracking her down twice as hard. Summoning his Seishi form, he took off at high speed, trying to trail her, flying past a group of men in suits, wearing headsets.

"Yes sir, she's being followed. Your orders?" one said.
"Stop him. Permanently." Tenma ordered.
"Yes sir." They said, reaching into their coats.

"Teresa…slow…down…" Karen said, out of breath.
"Come on! We've got to get there!" Teresa shouted, taking off past Software Etc. with her friends in pursuit, as she came out to the large foyer that linked the three or four arcades that went off to various ends of the place. Teresa screeched to the right, with her friends in pursuit, just as Navcase flew in, not knowing which way the girls had gone. He tried to focus his power, but he felt nothing. Her power was not great enough yet for him to weed her out. That, and he could not ask for help, unless he got lucky enough to find someone who spoke Japanese. Not having any time to waste, he took a guess, and raced off towards the Marche exit, not seeing the girls anywhere.

"I should head back and try a different way." Navcase said.

Navcase turned to go back, only to find a group of men in designer suits waiting behind him.

"You're coming with us." One of them said.

Grabbing Navcase by his shoulders the men dragged the Sword of Heaven down street after street, right into a very dark Boston Common.

"Let's get rid of him." Another said, reaching into his coat.
"Like the boss said." A third added.
"May I wonder who your boss is?" Navcase asked.
"You won't get that opportunity." Another said as they pulled out their guns.

This was not good. Navcase was fast, but not fast enough to dodge bullets. He had to act fast to take them down. He reached to his side, and drew his sword using the Ikazuchi technique, cutting one in the shoulder before backflipping into a tree as they began firing, then diving through the air and kicking another down with his feet as he used him as a platform, alighting and then turning around.

"I hope I'm good enough to manage this." Navcase said, going to Shinken no Kamae stance and focusing. The kanji glowed on his hand as the men took positions and began firing. With expert skill Navcase managed to parry the bullets with his sword, which thankfully was holding up, except for a few nicks.

"This won't last very long. I've got to draw their fire." Navcase lifted his sword above his head and brought it down a few inches above the ground with the cry of Dou Ryu Sen, distracting them long enough to dash off.

"There he goes! Get him!" the leader shouted.

Navcase peeked out from behind a tree as one guy proceeded to unload on him as he flew across low to the ground to a nearby tree. He took aim again, but the leader whacked him across the face.

"You moron! The cops will hear, if they didn't already. We're gonna have to do this up close and personal." He said, putting away his gun as he and the others closed in on Navcase.
"They've put away their weapons. That's a relief." Navcase said, sheathing his own sword and stepping out from behind the tree.
"There he is!"

Navcase stood his ground as they charged him. Quick, almost painless, as was expected of a samurai. This was hardly a fair fight; but Navcase had an obligation to himself to defeat them as quickly as possible, and show them mercy.

One threw a punch, Navcase stopped it and kicked him in the head with a rising side kick, taking him down, just as another came in with a side kick, which Navcase swerved out of the way of and Ryu Kan Sened him with his sheathed sword. Two came at him from either side, he nailed them both with a split kick, alighting and spinning around with a roundhouse to take down yet another. Leaping into the air, he nailed yet another with Ryu Tsui Sen, pushing off from him to fly into Ryu Kan Sen Arashi, flipping over and slamming down with his sword, landing and flying into Ryu Kan Sen Tsumuji, knocking down another by whacking him in the torso.

There were seven in total, six already down on the ground moaning in pain. Navcase brought his sword back to Shinken no Kamae stance, trying to figure out which move to use. He could not very well use any of his stronger and fancier techniques in Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu; they probably would report back to whomever their boss was to fill him in on his moves, thus the ougi were out of the question. He had already revealed Ryu Kan Sen and Ryu Tsui Sen; and Dou Ryu Sen. As he contemplated his next move, he noticed a tree directly behind his target, and nearly kicked himself for not thinking of it sooner, as he brought his right arm back behind him, flipping his sheathed blade to face upwards as he bent his knees into the famed and effective Gatousu First Stance. He flew across the ground, knocking the wind out of his opponent as he crashed into the tree, the force of the impact knocking him out and the ground being torn up from where Navcase started his move. Sirens were heard, and Navcase headed off back to the restaurant as the goons got up and ran off as well.

Meanwhile, Yuriko sat nervously at the table, tapping her fingers against it, hoping nothing had happened to Navcase.

She loved him dearly. Her life was practically empty without him. Ever since she met Navcase as a child she was almost immediately attracted to him. Now he had gone off on some sort of wild goose chase, in a city he did not know, and one where he could not remotely communicate, which worried her even more. She hoped he would return completely all right; otherwise, he would not be--she would make sure of that.

Looking in the direction he had run off in, she spotted a male headed towards their area. The brownish gray hair made it very clear to her that it was her one, her only…

"SHINTA-CHAN!!!!" Yuriko screamed, jumping up from the table, knocking over everything in her path over, leapt over the short wall and used her momentum to tackle the poor Sword of Heaven to the ground.
"Yuri…ko…need…air…" Navcase wheezed as Yuriko wrapped her arms around him. He hated it when she did this. But as he looked in her eyes, he saw she was crying. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her to comfort the only thing he needed.

Back at Tenma's, things were not as happy. The six men that he had sent after Navcase, sat before him, ashamed at their failure. He had ordered them to take care of anyone going after his daughter. He had the entire city under surveillance, to try and stop anyone attempting to locate them. He had not completely coerced his daughter into helping him in his scheme; thus he had to cut off any contact. It was obvious to him that others knew that there were two Seishi in Boston, thus anyone searching for them had to be stopped.

"You said that he carried a Japanese sword, and beat you down using a style that placed emphasis on blind spots." Tenma said.
"Yes. Exactly sir. He wore some sort of weird outfit too. He had this weird glow too around his hand. Looked like the kanji for 'sword'"
"A kanji glowed on his body…" Tenma said, unbuttoning his shirt, and focusing his energy. In a matter of moments a black kanji began to glow on his chest. The men gasped in shock. "Like that?"
"Yes, yes!" they exclaimed.
"A Seishi…" Tenma thought to himself. "This is interesting…"
"Now, moving on…" Tenma said. "The six of you know why you're here."

The six nodded. Tenma placed knives in front of each of them, before declaring, "Then you know what is expected of you."

Each of the men picked up their knives, and showing no sign of pain, cut off their little fingers, wrapped them in cloth, and presented them to Tenma.

"Now go." He declared.

The six men filed out of the apartment via the fire escape, as there was a knock on the door. Tenma opened it to find the four individuals from the plane.

"We came as soon as you called, sir." The trenchcoated individual said.
"Excellent. And who would these two be?" Tenma asked, referring to the woman and young girl.
"Assassins, hired by Mr. Otoantou. This is Kinuko Sogekihei, an expert sniper. Nothing ever escapes her sights. The other is her partner, Ziyi Xiaoyu, master of Kung Fu and Wudan Sword Technique. She is apparently the daughter of a Triad boss. We have already checked into Mr. Otoantou's suite and stowed our weaponry."

"Excellent." Tenma explained. "I take it you must be Xiaoyu."

Dressed in a traditional Chinese dress, her hair was braided and odangoed. She nodded.

"I have a daughter named Karen. I would like for you to try and befriend her, so that your companions can keep tabs on her and anyone that might go after her." Tenma explained.
"Got it!" she said happily.
"<Dad! I'm home! Can you get the door?>" Karen called.
"All right you four. Sneak out through the fire escape so she doesn't see you."

The four raced upstairs as Karen managed to open the door, just as Tenma managed to hide the knives and other evidence.

"<So, how was shopping?>" Tenma asked.
"<Wonderful. We had to chase after Teresa though…I'm exhausted…>" she said, yawning. "I'm gonna go to bed. See you in the morning!>" she said, heading off.

As the door to Karen's room closed behind her, Tenma thought to himself…

"Two assassins, working with my own disposal experts…Toshihiko Kakekomi, master of pistols and possessing a rune blade of my own devising for his outstanding service. And my own loyal muscle…Touru Debabouchou, both enhanced by my own practice of Nether World magic…If there are Seishi after her…there won't be for long…" he said, smiling evilly.

Next Episode

AYAKO: Hey everyone! Ayako here. Next time, four hired assassins go after Navcase and the others. Will they succeed?

TOSHIHIKO: Of course we will. We're the best in the world. Count on it.

SUIREN: BISHY!!!!! EVIL BISHY, BUT BISHY NONETHELESS!!! YOU'RE MINE!!!!

YOKO: I SAW HIM FIRST!!!

SUIREN: DID NOT!

YOKO: DID TOO!!!!

SUIREN: DID NOT!!!!

AYAKO(groans): It's our next chapter of Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth, The Four Appear. Don't miss it!