Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth ❯ Combat Resumes ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth
Chapter 5: Combat Resumes


Navcase stood reading in Shinken no Kamae, the wind blowing through his cape and hair, eyeing all his opponents. At any moment any of them could move in and attack, beginning the fight. He had to be careful. The Draconai knew what he was capable of, but the two others could easily learn what he could do. Every move he used was one less move he could surprise them with. He had to be careful not to reveal that many.

Next to him, Yuriko gripped her naginata tightly. She had to protect Ran, and Navcase. She did not know what these two new opponents were capable of, but they seemed quite tough so far.

Tosihiko gazed over at the Draconai. They were a problem. He would not be able to complete his mission if they were not dealt with first. He nodded to Touru, who readied himself for combat as well. The key question running through their heads was simple: Where the hell was Xiaoyu?

Peace. Quiet. Bliss. All these things drifted through her mind as she inhaled and exhaled. She had managed to climb up into a strangely shaped tree, with her back against one trunk and her feet propped up on a branch. A little uncomfortable, but it was a beautiful day anyway. Pulling a hat over her eyes, she drifted back to sleep as her headset dangled from a cord that went up through her shirt and dangled out of the top of it, alive with the sound of angry screaming from Kinuko wondering where she was.

Toshihiko redirected his pistols, to the surprise of Navcase, at the Draconai and proceeded to unload a hail of bullets into them, which their AT fields could not protect them from. Touru whipped out a pair of Nunchucku and proceeded to wail on them as well. Navcase nodded to Ran, who rushed off in the opposite direction while Yuriko tripped and knocked out several of the Yakuza men with the other end of her staff. They were no match for her. Neither were the Draconai, which the two warriors wasted no time killing or badly wounding.

"These guys are thorough...." Navcase thought. They would certainly be a challenge to fight, as he stood ready in Shinken no Kamae.

The sound of gunfire stopped and the impacts against trees ended as the two assassins finished their interference.

"Now for you two." Toshihiko said, readying his guns again.
"I'll take the guy with the guns. You take the other." Navcase told Yuriko.

Yuriko, brandishing her spear, thrust at Touru, before coming around again with another strike. However, the attacks barely injured him, shocking her. She held the spear low to the ground and proceeded to spin inward, however he blocked with his nunchucku, and flicked them at her, knocking her to the ground. Using her spear to get to her feet, she ran in and swiped downward with her spear, before swiping across, twirling her spear around and slashing through again. Again, it failed to phase him. How could this be? Could he really be that tough? In her moment of distress, he proceeded to wail on her with his nunchucku, which seemed to hurt more than they were supposed to. Bruise after bruise began to appear on her body, knocking her backwards. As she stumbled back from one blow, she was forced to dodge a tree that was felled under his strength. She had to take this guy down, somehow.

Holding her spear out in front of her in a battle ready stance, she began to focus her power. Energy began to gather in the blade of her weapon, as she began to glow purple, powering herself up. She charged at Touru with all her might and a battle cry, slashing downward, sending him reeling back, denting a tree. She primped her hair up in victory, only to notice that he had gotten back up. As she wondered how he could have survived, a voice whispered, almost on the wind,

"Just stand there. Don't attack."

Yuriko was confused, but obeyed. Holding her naginata ready to attack, she anticipated his assault. As he swung downward, she parried perfectly! He picked up his pace, but remarkably, she was able to parry every single attack, with almost godlike skill! She slashed him, causing great pain, and sending him reeling backward. Almost instinctively, she began twirling the weapon above her head, causing the wind to pick up and surrounding her in a whirlwind. As the dazed Touru looked up, he gasped in shock as she flew towards him at almost 60 miles per hour, knocking him backwards with incredible concussive force. He tried to struggle to his feet, but collapsed.

Navcase, meanwhile, was dodging bullets the best he could, as Toshihiko unloaded on him. He tried to direct his shots into every target that was not HIM. This was difficult, as his aim was very good. It would take forever to remove all the bullets from the trees. Navcase hid behind one of them, waiting for for him to fire again, only to hear the telltale click that revealed that he was out of ammo. He peeked out from behind the tree, only to be forced back behind it as Toshihiko reloaded and fired again. Navcase dove behind another tree just as his cape was punctured by one of Toshiko's bullets, only to find it was smaller than the one he had dove behind before, basically being forced to move slightly to the left and right with every shot from Toshihiko's twin guns. Several times he did not move fast enough and he was barely grazed by his shots. Then he noticed something was standing in front of him. He would not be able to see Toshihiko fire, and the report from his guns could not completely reveal his location. Then he smelled some sort of mild plum perfume. Yuriko?

"Stay there Shinta-chan. I'm going to draw his fire." she announced.
"No, get out of here. I'll handle him." he replied.
"Shinta-chan, you're going to get hurt if you don't let me help. And if you get hurt, I have to hurt you." Yuriko said, sending thoughts of Yuriko chasing him down furiously into his head.
"What do you have in mind?" he asked.
"I don't know what it is about this thing, but if I choose not to attack, I can parry anything."

Toshihiko was more determined than ever. He had to take out this girl first. Either way, they would both loose. He proceeded to unload on Yuriko, who was not even trying to dodge. Toshihiko unloaded everything he had. The barrels of his guns began to glow as the ammo flew from it. He happened to glance for a second, to find to his surprise, she was parrying every single bullet! A pile began to form in front of her. He thought only Xiaoyu was that good. He kept firing, only to realize that he was out of ammo. He reached into his inner pockets, to search for more clips, only to find that he was all out.

On the other end of the fire, the two watched curiously as he put his guns back into his coat. Was he giving up or something? Navcase peeked out from behind the tree, as he removed his trenchcoat and placed it on the ground, carefully lifting it over what appeared to be the hilt of a sword. He reached on to his back and slowly lifted it out of its sheath, metal sliding against metal and resonating as it was fully drawn. He then removed his suit coat carefully, with the sheath still strapped on his back. He took a fighting stance, which was quite unusual to Navcase. For a warrior who looked very Japanese, it was suited more towards someone who practiced a more European style.

"Let's go." he told Navcase.
"As you wish." Navcase replied, undoing his mantle and handing it to Yuriko, who took cover on one side, eager with anticipation.

Going back to Shinken no Kamae stance, he brought his blade backwards and flipped it over so that the blade was facing up, and bent his knees, arching backward.

Toshihiko observed this. He had seen this before somewhere, or heard of it. What was it called again? Hiratsuki? No, this was similar, but more refined. He would have to ask Tenma about it after he killed this looser.

Navcase flew forward across the ground, utilizing Gatousu First Stance to try and catch him off guard and end it in one fell swoop. But in a split instant he was out of the way. Toshihiko slashed once, stepped forward with his foot, before slashing downward again in a circular flourish.

Navcase stumbled back, barely able to block with his sword. Three hit combo. How could he have managed that? He looked at his sword. A few nicks here and there, but they could be fixed. He barely had time to react as Toshihiko flew in with a series of slashes that struck in such madness he could barely block them all. But he did. He had to do something quickly, or else this guy would beat him down. Leaping a few steps backward, Navcase went skyward, holding his sword above his head, preparing to crash down at the blind spot above his head.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu!" He called out. "Ryu Tsui..."

He barely had time to react, in fact no time. As he had flown upward, Toshihiko had bent his knees low to the ground bringing his sword low as well, then pushing off and upward, slashing upward with a sword uppercut that connected with Navcase, knocking him out of the air and crashing to the ground. Navcase drove his sword into the dirt and rose to his feet, only to see his opponent reach into his shirt on the left side. "He must be weakening..." he thought. Perfect time to take him down in one quick blow. Navcase brought his sheath to his side, sheathing it for Battoujutsu. Using THE technique would not be advisable, however, he could try and throw him off with another technique that was just as fast, but a little less powerful. After all, he was called the Sword of Heaven as well...He adjusted his Battoujutsu stance slightly, so that he would draw his sword a little lower than dead center. He hoped his own godlike speed was enough to accurately duplicate it.

Yuriko was thrilled. She was able to see her Shinta-chan fight. Okay, it was not the same as seeing him without a shirt on or naked, but close enough. However, she seemed to notice some sort of small black cloud forming directly above Navcase. She was not sure why, but thought nothing of it.

Pushing off with one foot, Navcase almost disappeared as he flew forward, drawing his sword at lightning speed, only to hear a loud clang as it was blocked. Blocked? How? This attack was far too fast for that.

"This ends here and now. Kakekomi Ryuu..." Toshihiko began, as a look of horror came across Navcase's face.
"Shuurai Kawasu!"

In a matter of moments, Toshihiko let go of his sword, as the wings on the side of it spread out, hanging in mid-air.

"Shinta-chan look out!" Yuriko screamed, barely too late to save him as a lightning bolt streaked down, connecting directly with Toshihiko's sword, electrocuting Navcase, who screamed in sheer pain as the voltage surged through his body. A lattice-like purple glow shone faintly through the shocks as his skeleton became clearly visible, almost like an x-ray. Navcase began to let go of his blade as he slowly fell backwards unconscious, almost in slow motion as Yuriko ran towards him in a similar style, managing to catch his head as he fell back, cradling it in her hands, as his body reeked of ozone and smoke rose off his body. Toshihiko recovered his sword and sheathed it, before running off.

"Shinta-chan..." Yuriko said, her lips trembling as tears began to form. "SHINTA-CHAN!!!!!" she screamed, her voice echoing throughout the park.

Meanwhile, Ran fled away from the Common, as the two had told her to do, looking behind her to ensure she was not being followed. She hoped and prayed that Yuriko and Navcase would be all right.

Unbknownsed to her, Karen and her friends were walking the other way, discussing as usual where they were going to eat dinner, as Ran ran straight into Allison.

"Hey! Why don't you watch where you're going?!" Allison snapped.
"S-s-sorry." Ran answered timidly, full of fear.
"Are you all right?" Karen asked. "Is there anything we can do to help?"
"I got separated from my friends. I need to find them to see if they're all right." Ran insisted.

As she talked, something seemed to click in Karen's mind. She had a brief glimpse of the two back in their hotel room.

"Well, maybe they went back to wherever you're staying." Karen replied.
"Yeah, that's where they would go. Let's hurry." Ran said.
"Okay. Come on. Oh, stupid me. I'm Karen. And you are?"
"R-r-ran." she stammered.
"I'm Teresa, pleased to meet you."
"I'm Allison, can we hurry this up? I need to eat!"
"As usual..." Teresa said under her breath.
"Hey! I sat in six stores today for almost an hour waiting for you to pick out ONE dress. I'm starving!" she shot back.
"Okay okay..."

Ran giggled slightly as the two argued with each other, and walked back to the hotel, where she hoped that Navcase and Yuriko would be all right.



This is the End of Part 1. We're gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. Read Part 2 when it comes out or you'll be sorry!






CEIPHIED: AT LAST!!!! THE DAMNED AUTHOR LETS ME DO THE NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW!!!!!!

KOUEN: Master, please calm down. We need to tell his loyal readers what happens next time!

KOUREHA: In the next chapter of our story, Ceiphied makes plans to release some of his elite scouts to search for the Drakka Seishi.

AYAME: What about on our end?

GEKIDOKU: As one of our mortal enemies fights for his life.

YURIKO: Hey! That mortal enemy just happens to be MY Boyfriend!

RAKURAI: We're not saying any more! You'll just have to wait for the next chapter!

CEIPHIED: Ronin Warriors: Hell Back On Earth; Spies and Sakura Petals. You will not want to miss it!

KAREN: Did you know that I'm still available all you cute guys out there?

TERESA AND ALLISON: KAREN!!!!!!

YURIKO: ...and there might be some Shinta-chan fan service too!

THE OTHER AMATERASU SEISHI: YURIKO!!!!!!