Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth ❯ Boston Revisited ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth
Chapter 13: Boston Revisited

Over at Mass General Hospital, the incredibly confused Boston Police Department's Sergeant McNichols was for the fiftieth time trying to piece together the unusual activities going on in the city he was sworn to protect. Something was definitely rotten in Boston, and he was going to get to the bottom of it. He did not care how many headaches it gave him, he was going to figure out what was wrong.

First, there was the issue of the strange man in a trenchcoat lying half dead on the Common near the entrance to Park Street T stop. Along with the girl, the bike, and the various shell casings he found strewn around the area to boot. Adding to the mystery was the pistols and large ornate sword they had collected as evidence. They found many slash marks on trees, that matched to the sword's blade, in addition they had managed to locate other cuts that could not be attributed to any other weapons. He had weapons experts that insisted that the tree felled in three places was attributed to a set of Japanese shuriken, but he dismissed that as well.

And then there was the matter of the two other arrests in the apartment. He had no clue there was a mob boss living there in the first place. A search of the place had found all sorts of occult paraphernalia, but no one of that persuasion could even identify half the items. He found various runes on an altar in it, but no one could decipher them. Every mystery led to yet another mystery. Maybe the two people he arrested in the apartment were willing to give him some answers now.

He headed out of the hospital and over to the precinct, eager to get some.

"Okay, first off, what are the two of you doing in the city anyway?" he asked through an interpreter.
"<We're on vacation.>" Touru explained.
"Vacation, really, Then explain, kindly the weapons the two of you were carrying!"
"<We obviously have no idea how those fell into our possession."> Kinuko said sarcastically.
"How many of you are there?"
"<Two.>" Touru answered, making sure not to mention that there were actually FOUR and that he already had one of them.
"What are you REALLY doing here, because I don't buy that vacation crap."
"<We wouldn't tell you if you were the last one on earth.>" Touru explained. "Fine! Be stubborn for all I care, you'll only be here longer!" He shouted, storming out of the room.

Meanwhile...

"Get her! She's getting away!" The officers shouted as a young Chinese girl raced away on foot, with officers chasing behind her. They shot at her, but she parried the bullets with her unusual sword. She leapt over benches as if they were hurdles, fences just as nimbly, as her pursuers tried in vain to catch up with her. Knocking a man off his motorcycle, she hopped on and sped off, finally loosing them.

"Sir, we hate to tell you this, but...we were chasing some really strange Chinese girl..." officers reported in.
"And?"
"Well, we sort of...lost her."
"WHAT? Why do I continue to put up with you nitwits anyway?"
"She took off on a motorcycle. We'll try and follow her, but she might be out of range now."

Just then, Sakura flew by on her Motorslave, heading in the direction of Xiaoyu.

"Sir sir! We just found that weird suped up motorcycle that we tried to catch! We'll go after that now!" the officers shouted, racing to their cars.
Sakura flew like the wind down the street, closing in on Xiaoyu. From what Ran and the others said, she just followed them everywhere. Sakura, however, was positive that she had some answers for them. Sakura increased her speed as she heard the sound of sirens coming up behind her. She had to deal with the cops, and soon.

*"Ayame, send down that speed enhancement."
*"Can't repairing it from last time. You kinda strained the ion boosters on it. But good news, I've built another Add-On, this one can be used in either configuration. Armor Set C should do the trick."
"Okay, Add-On, Hashin!" Sakura shouted. Ayame promptly launched the addition her way.

The pieces streaked out of the Heavens and began to form up around Sakura's Motorslave. A pair of blades attached to the sides of the back of the bike, while pylons connected themselves from underneath to add even more blades towards the middle. Two more attachments hooked on to the front of the bike, with a series of smaller blades pointing towards the rear.

"I hope this thing works." Sakura said to herself as she turned the bike around and flew back towards the squad cars, deploying her blades and energizing them. She tore straight by them, leaving very little room for error as she played a slight game of chicken, only in this version the officer's engines and tires blew out as Sakura turned around, retracted the weapons and flew off in the other direction back towards Xiaoyu. She had to disable her. It was the only way. However, she also risked hurting her at the same time. Sakura thought quickly and converted to power armor mode, which also caused the armor set to rearrange itself, placing one pair of blades on the back, two on the arms, and the other two remaining on the legs. Flying towards her, she kicked out with her left leg, slashing the engine block and causing the vehicle to careen off and crash. Xiaoyu, however, managed to survive. She tore across the ground with her sword at the ready, slashing at Sakura, who managed to use the various blades on her armor to parry, however Xiaoyu in a series of rapid slashes managed to damage the armor of the Motorslave. Sakura disengaged in a dramatic explosion and shot into the air, unsheathing her swords as she fell from the sky, striking with a slash that Xiaoyu parried but drove her weapon to the ground with the force of the impact. She managed to get her blade free and slashed at Sakura again, who parried with her other sword. Sakura swung her blade, but Xiaoyu seemed to fly out of the way and towards her, slashing her across the side of her armor. Sakura cringed a bit, and stepped back, eager to end this with one more powerful blow. She flipped her swords so the blades were facing away from her thumbs, and stood ready as Xiaoyu charged her aggressively, heading for the left, however, Sakura led with her right blade and cut her down before finishing up the attack with her left hand.

"Now, who are you?" Sakura demanded.
"Zi...Ziyi Xiaoyu."
"And you're here because..."
"My companions are in police custody, and I need to break them out. Please let me go!"
"Not a chance. You're gonna tell me what's going on in this city."

Xiaoyu leapt up and flew of Sakura's head, running for the nearest wall and kicking her way up it until she was out of sight. Sakura lit her thrusters and flew up after her, as Xiaoyu nimbly leapt from building to building, with Sakura in hot pursuit. Xiaoyu turned back, and threw something at Sakura, which Sakura managed to dodge as it hit her thrusters and caused her to fall and barely catch on to the rim of the next building. Pulling herself up, she summoned Kanesada, who had been surrounded by cops, hoping that if they found the bike, the rider would eventually come back. It roared to life and tore down the street, homing in on Sakura, who leapt from the building onto his back and then was warped back to the Heavens.

As Sakura was returning back to the Palace, Ayako meanwhile was sneaking through it. Being that she was a Seishi of Amaterasu, she wanted to help, but the others had almost forbade her from doing so until she had figured out how to use her ring. So, she figured, the immense library in the Palace would have information.

Heading down hall after hall, she passed a sign restricting access to the third floor corridor as she headed over to the large library door. Mustering all her strength to pull it open, she stepped in, surrounded by shelf after shelf of books. There were rows upon rows of knowledge, at least five floors straight up with spiral stairs connecting each of them. It would take forever to find the right book. There had to be an index or something in here.

"Excuse me, are you..." a voice said from behind her. Before he could finish, she had let him have it with one of her force blasts, knocking him clear into another bookcase!

"Whoops, sorry about that!" she apologized.
"Forgive me for startling you. I am Leng, the Librarian here at the Palace."
"Good, then maybe you can help me find a book on artifacts."
"Hmm...artifacts...this way!" the old man shouted, dragging her by the hand towards one of the staircases, and flying up it, rushing past shelf after shelf, scanning them in an instant. At last, for the sake of Ayako's arm, he had stopped at on a book, which he pulled off the shelf and handed to her, which like most of the books in the library, looked and actually were quite heavy.

Heading down to the tables on the lowermost floor, Ayako slammed the heavy volume down with a large bang. Blowing the immense amount of dust off the cover, and prying it open, she began to pour over the book, in hopes of finding the information she was looking for.

"Let's see...The Masamune, Legend Sword, Rainbow Sword, Ultima Weapon, Atma Weapon, Thunder Saber Alastor, Sword of Sargus, Sword of Sparda, Gauntlets of Ifrit, Amulet of Valthelos, Sword of Light, Swords of Fire, Soul Reaver, Soul Eater, Swords of Hell, Twin Demon Swords, Daisho of the Storm, Daisho of the Relentless Warrior...so many objects..." Ayako thought as she flipped through the pages. "Holy Hand Grenade, Biggoron Sword, Mana Sword, Master Sword...this dumb ring better be in here somewhere...Demon's Blood Talismans..."
"It looks like you're not doing very well." Leng replied.
"Does it look like it? My stupid ring's not in here anywhere!"
"What stupid ring?" Leng asked.
"This stupid ring!" Ayako shouted, thrusting it out in front of his face.
After one simple look, Leng backed away cautiously from her and her jewelry.

"My mom gave this thing to me, saying it's been in the family for years, she had no clue how the family got it in the first place, they won't let me fight until I figure out how this damn thing works! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!!!!" Ayako shouted.

Leng was speechless, and ran off to find something, as Ayako's frustration continued, finding more objects, weapons, and such that were not what she wanted to know about. She had gotten on to the page about the Digitabulum Magi when Leng slammed a large tome down on the table in front of her.

"I think you'll find what you're looking for in here." he said.

Opening the large book, inscribed with the words "Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces and other Jewelry of Immense Power", she flipped through the pages until she came to one he had earmarked. She gasped in shock as she recognized her own ring on the page.

"Hmm...The Ring of Temia..." Ayako read. "Grants the wearer incredible power. With each attack, the ring gathers energy. With each blow, it absorbs the rage from the opponent. Wonder what that means. All I know is, there's some reason this ring found its way to my hand..maybe Amaterasu can help."

Heading out of the library, Ayako headed downstairs, looking around for the Sun Goddess when she overheard her laughing about something.

"Ah, Ayako. What can I do for you?" Amaterasu asked.
"What was that about?" she asked.
"Oh, there's just some young wizardress who wants to intern at the palace next summer. She asks so nicely, I'm starting to consider letting her. She's sent so many letters of recommendation from her professors it's hard not to refuse her. Unlike this OTHER GUY..."
"Um, do you know anything about this thing? One of the books in the library says it's called the Ring of Temia."
"Oh, it's a very powerful item. Well, you seem to know what it does. However, it works to call the armor when you attack and gather up energy. However, every blow you take, charges it a different way, and will make you become that creature form again."
"That helps...but I'm still not sure...."
"WHY YOU MISERABLE!!!!!" Amaterasu suddenly exclaimed reading a letter.
"Did I get you at a bad time?"
"No, no dear, it's not you. It's this accursed slicked back blackhaired potion-brewing son of a bitch making a childish threat for me refusing to let him teach your cousin. He was persistent in the past, but NOW HE'S GONE TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO BLAST HIM SO HARD IT'LL TAKE FOUR BOOKS TO FIND ALL THE PIECES!"

Amaterasu shouted, stomping out of the palace.

"Um, your Eminence, wait a second! About this ring, where is it from, if so how did I get my hands on it." she called after the Sun Goddess, before screaming at the top of her lungs, "DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU SHE MIGHT NEED HIM IN ONE PIECE FOR ANOTHER THREE BOOKS?"

But Amaterasu was too far away to hear, leaving Ayako to ponder once again.

Meanwhile, at Mia's, the heroes were still hard at work rebuilding the mansion that Anubis had accidentally destroyed way back when. With no new leads, and the knowledge that their current foes were too powerful to handle, the Ronin Warriors and former Dark Warlords, along with their former members, the now Amaterasu Seishi, Ryo, and Anubis, were forced to continue working. They griped that the Forgotten Souls should be helping, but they were needed back on the Isle of Mists to keep the path to the Palace open and well guarded.

"I can't believe we can't get ANYWHERE!!!!" Kento shouted, hammering more nails into the still unfinished house.
"All our leads turned up dry Kento, besides, Navcase was a Seishi and he got creamed." Sai added.
"Not to mention Mr. There's no I in the Word Team But There Is an "M" and an "E", is currently incapacitated." Rowen commented.
"Hey guys, we'll still win. We're the heroes, we're supposed to win." Ryo said.
"Ryo, this isn't Bastard." Dais explained.
"LESS TALKING AND MORE WORKING!!!!!" came the scream from Mia and the crack of a whip.
"YES SLAVE DRIVER MIA!!" the group shouted in unison.
"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!!"
"YES SLAVE DRIVER MIA!!!!" the group repeated in unison.

Elsewhere in the city...

"Yes Mr. Furukiayu. We'll take care of it right away." Houji said on the phone.

The commander of one of Houji's units entered his office, snapped to attention and saluted.

"We are set to mobilize and take out the next of Mr. Sadojima's associates, sir."
"Excellent." Houji replied.

One of Otoantou Industries' APCs screechily wheeled its way through the streets of Toyama, with a full contingent of troops in the back. They were Houji's latest creation, his Cyber Commandos, who had been partially reconstructed into cyborgs, and armed to the teeth. They could take a beating and dish it out, wearing the best body armor money could manufacture. Shutting off their lights and pulling into a dark alley, under the quiet glare of the streetlights, several of the Commandos filed out of the back of the vehicle, locked and loaded their weapons, and prepared to move in at the commander's signal.

Just around the corner, Ryo and Anubis came running, panting hard because they were out of breath.

"Do...you...think...we've...lost...her?" Ryo wheezed.
"I...think...so..." Anubis added.
"ATTEN-HUGHT!" the commander barked in a low voice, as they heard the clang of metal as the soldiers snapped to attention.
"What could that be?" Anubis said, as he and Ryo peered around the corner to see the soldiers marching towards the front door of a house, as the lights came on.
"Those guys look pretty well armed." Ryo said.

The two watched as the soldiers opened fire on the house, shattering windows and leaving bullet holes in the sides, as screams erupted from inside. Men in business suits flooded out of the building from the rear, firing back with pistols, only to be gunned down immediately by the soldiers' machine guns or dove for cover.

"Think we should help?" Ryo asked.
"Definitely. They're severely outnumbered."

The soldiers, firing madly, ran out of ammo. As they began to reload the suits got back up from their hiding positions and returned fire, only to have the shots hit their body armor or ricochet off their arms and legs. The sound of running footsteps was heard from the side, as one soldier turned, only to be sliced down by Anubis' scythe. From the sky the cry of "Hidama En!" flew from Ryo's lungs as a blast of fire was spiked into the rest of the group, engulfing them in a blast of hot flame that burned through their uniforms and part of their armor, revealing the charred metal of their bionics.

"They're robots..." Ryo said.
"No, I don't think so. We'll have to check with Kinjiro on this one." Anubis replied, as he brandished his scythe to fight more.
"We could sure use that magnetic dude right about now." Ryo said.

The suits managed to reload their weapons thanks to Ryo and Anubis' slight diversion, and started to open fire on the Cyber soldiers again, as they were replenished by heavier weaponry. The APC, in turn, started to unload more metal reinforced reinforcements to bolster their ranks.

"Oh no. Those guys look like they're ready to rock and roll." Ryo said from the air.
"Then I suggest we give these guys a taste of heavy metal, in the key of G, if you know what I mean." Anubis said.

Ryo nodded with a slight smile, and Anubis prepared for action as well, as the two called out to the heavens the names of their armors...

"ARMOR OF WHITE REFLECTION!!!!!!"
"ARMOR OF DARK ABSORPTION!!!!"

The armors descended out of thin air and separated into their component pieces, locking around the various parts of their bodies, finishing with their helmets. Ryo descended from the sky and folded up his wings the best he could, as Anubis lit the streets up in florescent green as he lit the blade of his beam scythe.

"I'll take them in light..." Ryo said, pulling out two small rods from compartments in his wings, as the Swords of Light were back at the Isle with Saber Strike. He lit them into twin pink beams of light.

"Pink?" The commander gasped. "What kind of soldier uses pink for their weapon?"
"Hey, it worked for Mace Windu." Ryo said.
"Ryo, his was purple." Anubis reminded him.
"Oh, right." Ryo replied.
"I'll take them in dark." Anubis said, swooping his large batlike metallic wings in front of him as he faded into nothingness. Soldiers began dropping like iron butterflies left and right as Anubis slashed through them protected by his active cloak.

Ryo, on the other hand, holding his swords out in back, and splitting his wings into four, bringing the forward two to the front like shields to take the brunt of the firepower, Ryo slashed left and right to both sides, chopping down soldiers faster than they could get up. Anubis came out of active cloak and powered down his blade as those soldiers still functioning and out of ammo filed into the back of the APC as they turned the cannon on top towards the house.

"Leave now, or we'll fire."
"Ryo, we should depart. We've done what we can." Anubis said.
"No! I've got a present for these dudes." Ryo said as he reconnected his wings and soared upwards into the sky, spreading his wings out for balance.

A large capsule appeared in front of him, which broke apart to reveal his legendary twin buster rifle. Grabbing it with both hands, he trained it on the APC and locked on.

"Better give up now dudes! This thing has quite a kick to it! I can deep-fry an egg with this thing at point blank range!"
"The fool can't fry an egg period, that's why we have Sai." Anubis said to himself.
"I'm warning you dudes...leave now or I'm gonna have ta blast ya!" Ryo taunted, keeping his fingers on the trigger.

The two forces sat there, one trained on the house, Ryo trained on them, for what seemed like hours but was only minutes. Realizing they were outgunned, the APC screeched its tires and sped off as Ryo dismissed the weapon and landed near Anubis.

"What was that all about?" Ryo wondered.
"I'm not sure. We should probably check with Kinjiro on this one."

With that the two rose into the sky and blasted off for Osaki.

Back at Otoantou...

"You're saying you couldn't off him?" Houji asked.
"We tried sir, but those two Seishi showed up and stopped us in our tracks." the commander reported.

Houji sat at his desk, slightly fuming, as the commander stood ready at attention, sure to be fired from his position for this screw up.

"Did they have any idea what was going on." Houji asked in a solemn voice.
"No sir. They seemed to have no indication of what our objective was sir."
"Good. You're dismissed." Houji said, as the commander headed for the door, as he got there Houji added with a smirk, "Permanently."

As the commander left in disgust, the secretary announced that a call had come in from Tenma.

"Yes?"
"So, how'd the hit on Sadojima's next associate go?" Tenma asked.
"Not so well. Two of those Amaterasu Seishi showed up and took out my men. They don't have a clue why my vehicle was there in the first place though. They suspect nothing." Houji explained.
"Good. I received a call from Xiaoyu, long distance. She said that Toshihiko failed to get rid of that swordsman and is in critical condition, and Touru and Kinuko are in police custody."
"This is not good." Houji said with despair.
"Fear not Houji. It gets better. Xiaoyu said as she was heading off she saw the officers cart Touru and Kinuko out of the apartment and paramedics wheeled out what looked like Kashin from the building as well. He's apparently comatose as we speak. I'd off the three of them but I need all the help I can get to take down Sadojima and get the rest of the clan on my side. But if all those Seishi get a chance to find their priestess before we do, then we're in deep trouble. We need to get rid of Kashin, NOW, before he fills his less than likely allies in on our entire operation. Take care of him Houji, call me at Nagaihidaka's with any updates." Tenma said before hanging up.

Pushing a button on his desk, the next voice he heard was that of his secretary.

"Ms. Ayanami, please get me the Black Jackals."
"Right away sir." she replied.

The phone began to ring in a small, rundown apartment in the bad side of town. In it, four people were sitting on a beaten up couch with slash marks everywhere, stuffing leaking out. There were outlines of people on the wall with bullet holes riddling them. The phone continued to ring, as a brown haired, tanned Asian woman picked up the receiver.

"Yeah." she said in a gravely, sinister voice.
"Do I have the pleasure of addressing the leader of the Black Jackals?"
"Who's asking?" she inquired, eager to know why someone would even call them, let alone have their very unlisted number.
"Houji Otoantou, CEO of Otoantou Industries. I heard about the job you guys did for Kataki a few months ago. Let's just say you were highly recommended."
"Recommendations are flattering, but we're interested in three things mainly, and you know quite well which three I'm talking about."
"If money's an issue, let me assure that I will have no trouble rewarding you for your troubles."
"How much you offering?" she asked.
"Two hundred million yen." Houji said.
"Tell him we want one billion, no less." a male chimed in.
"Thank you Jiro." she said, angrily.
"I'll pay you five million now, you'll get the other five mil when you complete the job. How's that?"
"Fine. What do you need us to do?" she asked.
"I need your team to break into Osaki's facilities, and steal his super secret prototype power armor suit, the V-Cypher. I'm sure your boy can handle the suit. From there, I need you to head to Boston, MA in the United States and find a girl named Xiaoyu Ziyi. She'll lead you to the other members of Tenma's team so we can locate them. From there, we need you to put a hit on Captain Kashin Zoutou, of the Toyama Police Department, who's apparently incapacitated there. Take him out however you choose, but take him out soon."
"For what you're paying us, we'll make sure of it." she answered.
"Pleasure doing business with you." Houji answered slyly.

Now Boarding at Gate 27 direct to Boston...Again.

Next Episode

AYAKO: Ayako here. Next time, problems heat up as the Black Jackals strike at Kinjiro's facilities in their quest to steal the latest power armor. Their strike is only complicated by the Draconai that show up at Ceiphied's command to take the weapon for themselves! And just how are WE gonna factor in on all this? Guns blaze and swords slash as claws swipe and scratch the next Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth; The Jackals versus the Dragons. This one's more exciting than watching my cousin's facial masks dry, which isn't very exciting anyway. So anyway, don't miss this one!