Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth ❯ New Developments ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Hell Back On Earth
Chapter 16: New Developments.

Back at the Palace of the Heaven, the heroes were recovering from their extensive battle with the Black Jackals and Tenma's own warriors. Ayako was lying unconscious in her bed, still drained from the attack she unleashed with Temia's help. Navcase was also in the process of getting back to full strength.

Out by the pool, Yoko lay on a lounge chair with her kasa over her face to keep the sun out. Next to her, Yuriko was passed out, also due to that day's battle. While Ayame was off in the lab attempting to fix the many damaged mecha, Sakura was out like a light on an air mattress, and had taken the time to leave her bikini strap undone.

As the Seishi rested and recovered, another form slunk around the palace. Hidden from view via a Ghost suit, the ever popular Xiao Yu had managed to follow the Seishi back to the palace and was now in the extensive process of figuring out the layout of the palace among other things. She eagerly awaited an update from Tenma on what to do.

Back on Earth...

The large dropship sent by Houji to retrieve his hired help slowly descended behind the nearly impenetrable walls of his main facility. As it touched down, scores of troops were on hand to lead the weakened warriors off to his lab.

"Did you get it?" Houji asked eagerly. "We did." Jiro answered, still wearing his torn Mobile Trace suit.
"Perfect."

Jiro called the armor down around him, to Houji's delight, who then walked closer and touched it with his hand, an action that confused his latest charges. Seconds later, he smiled.

"There. Now, is there anything else?" Houji asked.
"Yeah, some girl got really ticked and changed her armor."
"Yes, we found the outer shell of it at the site. I'm going to be analyzing that too."
"Pardon me for asking, but what's the whole point of going to all this trouble to steal this stupid armor anyway?" Houka asked.
"Simple. This 'stupid armor', as you put it, is the creation of my chief rival, Kinjiro Osaki. He, as far as I can tell, also built the various Mecha Armors worn by the Ronins and the Amaterasu Seishi. My own boss has insisted that I prepare a few surprises for them."

Nodding to a Armani-clad gentleman, a large suitcase was placed on the table in front of them. Houji opened it to reveal row after row of yen bills.

"I have what I want, you have what you want. Here's the money you requested. Now go. If I need you again, I know where to find you."

With that, the four grabbed the suitcase and headed out the door. Houji picked up the phone and dialed.

"Tenma, it's me. I have the remains of Ashataron Hermit Crab and the V-Cypher Prototype. I'm analyzing their design as you requested."
"Very good. Kashin and his friends will be no match for us, and all our other problems can be taken care of as well. Good work."

Looking out the window, Tenma observed Naru and Karen taking in the sun by the pool. Knowing he had no problems, he immediately called into yet another minion.

"Xiao Yu. I trust you've gotten into the palace?"
*"Yes sir. This place is pretty huge."
"How badly is it protected?" Tenma asked.
"There's guards crawling everywhere. Too many for seven people to take down."
"I thought so. I am going to need help." Tenma thought.
"Want me to sabotage anything?" Xiao Yu asked.
"No. Stay hidden and head back here the first chance you get." Tenma replied.
"You got it." Xiao Yu replied.

Out by the pool, Naru and Karen had woken up and were talking.

"Karen-sempai, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not pretty." Naru replied.
"<Oh sure you are. Come on, you've got all those boys following you with adoration.>"
"That's because they respect me as a gamer." Naru replied.
"<Yuuji seems to have little more than respect for you.>"
"Yuuji's the exception."
"<See? That's one guy that thinks you're pretty.>"
"Is there a point to all this?"
"<Of course there is! I just don't know what it is right now.>"

As Karen searched for an answer, Shou happened to walk outside.

"<See! I'll prove to you you're pretty. Shou!>" Karen called out.

Shou, shocked that Karen actually addressed him, froze in place.

"Yeah?" Shou asked. "Whaddyawant?"
"<I have a question for you. Do you think Naru's pretty?>"
"KAREN-SEMPAI, give it up..." Naru said, getting a tad angry with her insistence.
"If I say no, will ya flip me upside down?" Shou asked warily.
"<No.>"
"Um...er..." Shou began.
"<Come on! It's not that hard! If you were fourteen again would you find her attractive?>"

He looked at Karen, who was dying to see what he had to say. He glanced at Naru, who seemed to be staring daggers at Karen and probably was not far from tossing a few dozen at her.

"Um...I'm not sure." Shou replied.
"<What? It's a yes or no question! Do you or don't you?>" Karen replied.
"Look Furukiayu, it may be all fine and dandy to ask for a guy's opinion for a girl over in America, but over here, it's a tad rude, even considering who your dad is!"
"Besides, I don't care if I am or not. I'm not the kind of girl you think I am." Naru said, storming off. Shou followed close behind her.

Elsewhere in the palace, Ryo, Anubis, Amaterasu, and Kashin had gathered together, Kashin mostly against his will.

"You've got some explaining to do." Anubis demanded.
"Why should I tell you? You're useless." Kashin shot back.
"First, who's this Tenma person?"
"I told you, it doesn't concern you. Now let me go."

Anubis brought out his blade and placed it at Kashin's throat.

"We could have been successful by now, if it wasn't for your lack of cooperation. NOW TALK!!!"

Kashin attempted to use his powers, but he found that he had lost his charge.

Amaterasu smiled as he looked her way.

"I put a locking spell on your powers. You don't get it removed unless you start to explain yourself."
"Fine, since I have no other choice..." Kashin groaned, as the others began to listen intently.

"Tenma is one of the upper members of a Yakuza clan based in Osaka. He has contacts in Tokyo and in Toyama as well, from what we've managed to pry out of people. I've been trying to stop him for years." Kashin explained.
"Any idea why he'd be interested in killing us?" Anubis asked.
"There's ben lots of rumors on the street about Tenma, that he communes with demons and things like that. There's people who think his way with people is supernatural. I'm not sure, but it would explain Toshihiko and Touru. Those two are some of his best enforcers. I've heard that the others had a few run-ins with them while they were in Boston."
"My daughter Ran said you jumped at the name 'Furukiayu' when she said that her friend Karen had the same name. How are you so obsessed with disposing of this guy?" Amaterasu asked.
"I knew you would get to this question sooner or later. Here's the short version. She's my daughter. He led me to believe that he killed her, but it seems the bastard really took her with him to America to get her away from me. I have no idea why."

"We might. According to everything that happened in Boston, there were supposedly two Seishi in the city. By the time you were knocked out, both had left. We figured out that Karen was one of them, which leads us to believe, as both left at the same time..."
"That Tenma is the other one?"

Amaterasu nodded.

"I've told you what you want to hear. Now give me back my powers, I've got business to take care of."
"Kashin, wait!" Anubis called after him.
"What now?" he asked.
"The only way we'll be able to win is if we work together. Tenma's too powerful to handle on your own, and we don't know what he might have done to your daughter." Anubis pleaded.
"Look, you don't know anything about Tenma, especially how to trash the bastard. He's got connections."
"So what? I have a pretty good idea where he might be from his letter. I'm going to go and bring the bastard down."

Amaterasu sighed and released the block, as Kashin made his way to the the gateway room. Xiao Yu followed after him.

"Um, sir, Captain Zoutou's on his way back to Earth." she explained.
"Don't worry. I've already made arrangements. We'll be long gone by the time he gets here. Do what you have to do to detain him. Good luck." Tenma replied, hanging up, just as Karen and Naru came from upstairs.

"Are you two ready to go?" Tenma asked.
"<Yep!>" Karen replied as the sound of footprints came from upstairs and the steps creaked as someone descended them. Down came a walking pile of suitcases which, after a few clattered to the floor, turned out to be Shou.

"Why do I hafta carry all your bags?" Shou asked, weighed down.
"Because, you're a gentleman, and we poor girls can't be forced to lift all these heavy bags." Karen said.
"I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own Karen-sempai..." Naru replied sharply.
"Why couldn't I have gottana more useful power, LIKE STRENGTH?"
"Come one everyone. We've got a long drive ahead of us." Tenma explained, as Karen, Naru, and the pack mule named Shou followed them, nearly falling over from the weight of all the bags he was carrying.

No sooner did she enter the car, Naru without a word or a single look at either of her companions, laid down on the opposite seat, put in her earbuds, pulled her hat over her face, and drowned the two out.

"<I take it she's mad at me...">" Karen observed.
"Yah think?" Shou replied. "Look, a far as I can tell, it's a subject that Naru either doesn't like to discuss, or on that she really doesn't care about one way or another. So all I can say is don't bring it up with her."
"<I didn't mean to get her angry...>"
"I know. It's an honest mistake." Shou replied.

After waiting a few minutes, he spoke again.

"In case you're still wonderin'...Yes, she is." Shou replied.
"<But why didn't you say that?>" Karen asked.
"Ya think I want her mad at both of us?" Shou replied.
"<You have a point.>" she replied. "<Any Idea where we're headed?>" Karen asked.
"Nope. My dad didn't say nothin'. Whaddaybout yours?"
"<Nope.>"
"We'll just have to wait and see." Shou replied.

Several hours later...

Kashin arrived at the home of Mr. Nagaihidaka in Osaka. This was his chance. The bastard would soon be his. He had stopped off at the police station to pick up some added firepower to take him down, but if that was not enough, he still had his armor. Those foolish Seishi could try all they wanted. He did not need their help one bit.

Managing to get the front door open using his powers to pick the lock, he stepped in, looking around. It looked very empty. Deserted. Perhaps he was too late. Or perhaps they were waiting for him. The latter seemed more likely. Kashin readied his guns, knowing they could be anywhere. In this total darkness he could be screwed. He would have to make sure it was safe.

Holding a flashlight out in front with his gun braced for action, the Lord of Magnetism slowly proceeded up the steps to the upstairs. If they were anywhere, they would be ready there. Slowly but carefully making his way upstairs, the path before him became illuminated briefly and then faded back into darkness as he reached the top. He braced himself against each door, and opened it, aiming his weapon in. Nothing. He moved down the hall to the next room. Again, nothing. He moved on to room after room. Nothing in any of them. Realizing he probably lost Tenma this time, he headed downstairs, to the front door, and turned the knob.

It did not open. He tried focusing his powers, and tried the door again. Nothing. Out of the darkness, the sound of a tape hissing was heard as Tenma's voice was heard.

"Sorry I couldn't be here like you wanted me to be, Zoutou. But I left some friends for you to play with...I hope all of you will play nice." Tenma's voice replied.

As the recording ended, hundreds of pairs of glowing eyes appeared from the darkness. Kashin had no time to react as a metallic fist punched him, launching him across the room. Kashin managed to get to his feet as a hail of machinegun fire flew at him, which h managed to stop with his powers, as he was kicked from behind.

"So, you boys want to play rough..." Kashin said. "Armor of the Shining Heavens!"

After being enveloped in his special Mobile Trace Suit, the Armor of the Shining Heavens formed around him, giving him access to night vision, allowing him to see the various mechanized troops sent to exterminate him.

Another swung at him, but he blocked it and kicked him away with his own leg, taking down several in a flourish of judo moves. But they kept coming. Reaching down, he broke out his beam saber and began swinging that, slicing through several more of the metallic morons.

"You're getting sloppy Tenma," he said to himself as he fired several salvos of vulcan guns to rip through several more. "This is all you've sent to stop me? Let's see how you deal with this." Kashin replied, as his outer faceplate opened.

"SHINING FINGER!!!!" He screamed, his hand glowing with energy, lighting the room in a purple glow, as he charged the soldiers with his hand outstretched, his energy tearing them apart one by one. Several crashed to the floor as the glow faded and he closed up his faceplate.

"That takes care of that." Kashin said as he heard the metal footsteps behind him. He whirled around to attack, but to his surprise, the machine was split in half down the middle, revealing Anubis as the solider parted.

"You could have told us where you were going so we could help you." Anubis replied.
"If I told you where I was going, then you'd come and help anyway. How did you find me anyway?"
"Ayame locked onto your armor's signature when you summoned it."
"Damn." Kashin said under his breath.
"Let me shed some light on the subject." Ryo replied. "Tsubasa no Hi! Hikari EN!" he shouted, firing a blast of flame that grew into an almost spotlight-like flame, giving the soldiers the light they needed.

"Let's take them down." Anubis said.

Working very quickly, the three cut a swath through the dark ones in a matter of minutes. But more kept coming.

"We've got to get out of here!" Ryo shouted.

"Wait for me. I've got a plan." Kashin said, as the two headed off. Focusing all of his power, Kashin engaged Super Mode.

"Try this one on for size! This hand of Mine Glows with an Awesome Power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this, my love, My anger, and all of my sorrow!" he shouted, as a giant green blade of energy shot skyward towards the roof.

"SHINING FINGER SWORD!!!!!" he screamed, slashing downward as he rocketed out of the building, as it collapsed on the soldiers, but leaving the heroes safely intact outside.

"I take it you're pretty much a homewreaker." Anubis replied.
"Tenma wreaked mine, so I'm repaying the favor. I'll just keep cutting off the places he can run until he can't run anymore, and then he'll be mine."

With that, Kashin returned to the heavens, as Ryo and Anubis headed off to their own domain and Slave Driver Mia.

Back in the first limo, Tenma and Hayami were discussing the most pertinent matters at hand.

"It's imperative that we get to Toyama soon. We must gather the other Seishi and then find our Priestess before Amaterasu finds hers." Tenma explained.
"What about the girl and this supposed possession thing?" Hayami asked.
"Apparently shortly after the receiving of the power, the god can take control of their body while they are unconscious, but with only a third of their full power. However, we can only do so much." Tenma added.
"Hopefully Houji is prepared for this." Hayami said.

Back in the other Limo, Karen awoke from a sound sleep to find herself resting on Shou's shoulder. Before she could gasp in shock Shou put his fingers to his lips.

"Shhh...You'll wake up Naru."
"<Is she still asleep?>"
"Yeah, she's gone." he replied, pointing over to the young girl, who had turned on her side and was curled up on the seat, still fast asleep.

"<You know, I think I misjudged you Shou...>" she replied.
"How?" he asked.
"<Well, I thought you were this comical nutcase who wanted nothing more than to do it with me and get me drunk, and hit on young girls. But you're really a very caring person. You love Naru like a sister. Okay, you are kinda crazy, but I think that's why I like you.>" Karen said.
"Don't tell Naru, but da feelin's mutual." Shou replied. "So now what?"
"I know." Karen said, leaning towards him.
"Uh, ya know it's kinda taboo to kiss over here..." Shou said cautiously as the girl leaned closer.
"<Only in public. We're in a limo, Naru's asleep, who's watching?>" Karen replied, placing her lips on Shou's as sparks flew.

See you in Toyama...

Next Episode:

SHOU: Hey, Shou here!

KAREN: What about me?

SHOU: Well, you too. It seems her dad's bringin' us to Toyama to hide out forawhile.

KAREN: And what's with this Houji guy wanting to measure us for some weird reason? I still don't get my dad's friends.

SHOU: Hey, look on the bright side, look what one of them gave ya.

KAREN: You mean you? Well, I guess so.

SHOU: Ya guess so? Whaddyameanbythat?

KAREN: It's our next episode of Ronin Warriors: Hell Back on Earth; Wizard of Technology. See ya then!

SHOU: Hey! I just let you kiss me, this is how ya thank me? Waddidotadeservedis!!!!!!?