Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow's Light ❯ Advisors and Doctors ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, let's see. I don't own them...nope. I don't! Hehehe!
 
Alright, here goes the next chapter. These ones are a bit more difficult due to the fact that I am trying to get across a different idea with getting sent to a different reality. Due to this, I need ideas from anyone who are willing to give them. Like I said I could really use them with the onset of writer's block. I'm still trying to figure out how to revive the memories! Lol
 
Sorrow's Light
 
Chapter 6: Counseling and Doctors
 
 
 
Three days had passed, three days! Still, Ryo was searching here and there. None of this truly made sense to him. As far as he could gather, he was in medieval times, left in an era where his friends wouldn't remember him, yet he had to get them to. Armors called to each other, right? Well, damn it, Wildfire! Call to them, bring me to them!
 
Apparently this game that Taiki was playing was just off. Obviously the demon himself was placed in this time, he could feel that much. The others were in the city, he could envision that much from the armor's call. White Blaze was with him, who the hell knew where Mia was, and to top it off, there was another thing bugging him.
 
He was Lord Ryo Sanada, left with the care of lands that he never knew he could care for before. Sure, in this reality his “father” took care of them, but at the same time, why was it his mind could recall things from this time he knew he had never lived? It meant only one thing. Taiki had placed those memories in his mind as another sick twist of this game. This led to the fact that he had to play out this character.
 
However, the placing he was giving almost befit the way he held himself, or so he told himself. As a result, didn't that mean that the others were in places that benefited their being as well? Crap, this was the type of thinking that Rowen did. That's it! The first person to find was Rowen! He could think up all this and leave this poor leader's head be.
 
The biggest problem he faced was this. How was he to start? The euphoria of being somewhere different had fallen away, leaving only a determination that Ryo was known for in its place. Left with this, he had only one course of action.
 
With White Blaze, he would find the others. Sending White Blaze to find them shouldn't be too hard, since the tiger could move quickly, leaving him with a wider range of possibilities. This was something Taiki, in his greed, couldn't have contemplated. Ryo was determined, he never gave up.
 
And for that reason alone, was why he now stood before his calling room, waiting for the “lords” that were his associates…err…friends. Because, in here, one of his warriors were supposed to be.
 
~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Ryo smiled, entering the room, “Good Morning my dear friends. What brings you to my home?”
 
The various guys rolled their eyes, three in number this time. They weren't the same as the ones that had come the first time when he woke in this area. No, numbering as they did, sturdy in build and ability to keep up with him. He finally made sense of what was going on. Jeremy of Nash, of dark hair and strength, was a rash fellow, though definitely not one who he was searching for. Cleon of Riverview was witty, tall and slim. A fellow who was a true friend, though these two had only just stopped by for a few moments time. The last was what cause Ryo to truly kick himself. After all, who could miss the son of his father's advisor?
 
The one person who was quite possibly far more intelligent then anyone else in this day and age. Blue hair seeped into the fellow's face as the young man's hands smoothed out his blue tunic. Blue eyes the color of the night sky alerted Ryo to this as he smiled at the first of those he had to find.
 
Before him sat the top student of the political university they had at this time, Rowen Hashiba, son of Ryo's father's counselor. Ryo bit his lip. Man, this was going to be hard. One down…but how to revive his memory?
 
Cleon spoke first, “Well now, we thought we'd see how our friend is doing. Is that not alright of our lord's loyal vassals?”
 
Ryo blinked at that, still not used to being a lord, “Oh course. However, I believe today is the day where I must monopolize Rowen's time today.”
 
The other's just laughed. It was to be expected, after all, their fiery friend definitely was difficult at time as Rowen just raised an eyebrow, then shrugged. It was all the same. They had been good friends for years, after all.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“And that's it, Ro. You have to remember!” Ryo cried, telling the story to the blue haired young man beside him. To be perfectly frank, the story was a bit off the rocker, and Rowen wasted no time in saying such.
 
“You sure you are alright, my friend? Your tale seems like a dream!” Rowen spoke, watching his friend from atop the paint colored horse he rode. For a strange reason, arrows were no where to be seen on his body, but Ryo carried them with skill he didn't know he had.
 
“I'm telling you the truth!” Ryo spoke, as calm as he dared, “You have to believe me. I've never lied to you before, and you know it.”
 
Rowen nodded, acquiescing to that, “True. But are you sure you didn't catch a bit of the plague or something?”
 
Ryo just gave him a look as they rode their mounts into town. This was just too much. He had to revive everyone's memories, and he couldn't even get Rowen's right. What in the world would it take to revive this warrior's memory? Sheesh! He felt like he was working with a puzzle of some sort that no one could solve who remained in their right minds.
 
“Fine…then why don't I remember this?” Rowen said his tone reasonable.
 
Ryo nearly fell there, “You know…I just explained that…”
 
Rowen was about to reply when the sounds of arrow's twanging brought them to reality. Ryo instantly reacted, the hum of his armor singing within his bones as they pushed their widened eyes about the area. Something was attacking, that much was apparent. Screams caught their attention as men from the village began to fight the onslaught. Ryo raised his voice to be heard, “People! What happened here?”
 
Not surprisingly, no one did. The clatter and clang combined with the screams made it difficult to get anywhere with such clamor as they created. Glancing around, the tiger-blue eyed warrior sat atop his horse, frowning as Rowen yelled something at him. The shouting went over his head as he darted forward, his horse hurrying forth.
 
The sense of Righteousness burned within his soul strongly, so to did his want to actually be able to help these people. At this point, nothing shone forth more then that. However, as a result, he hurried forward, despite the arrows. He never saw the one that struck his horse, causing the poor creature to rear in a mad rage of pain, tumbling the fiery person to the ground. All he heard were a few cries of Lord Ryo! And Hold on!
 
He couldn't pass out…no, he couldn't. He had to revive Rowen's memory…the others as well. He couldn't just let them be…
 
…then everything was gone…
 
~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ryo woke in a white room, one that smelled of herbs. Looking around dazed, his dry lips clacked at his mouth as he moaned out. Instantly, someone's attention was caught.
 
“Ryo!...Are you ok?” Rowen…so that was who.
 
All he could do was nod. How could he say that his head hurt like a million headaches and he wouldn't be fine for a week? Focusing his eyes up, he croaked out, “W-what happened?”
 
Rowen sat down beside him, “Alright. This is what happened.”
 
From there, he gave Ryo a short run down of what had happened. A riot had taken place as some person decided to randomly fire arrows into the crowd. No one knew how to deal with it, and as a result, people rose up to defend themselves. Naturally, this was expected to happen, however it got out of control. Soon, projectiles could be found anywhere, to the point where innocents and wrong doers alike were hit at. Unfortunately, Ryo's mount had been hit, causing the creature to buck and toppling the lord head over heals into the lovely brown dirt.
 
Ryo blinked, shaking off the feel of shock and amazement that he gained from that. It was shortly followed by a moment of embarrassment that he hadn't believed he would have felt in quite a while yet. The problem became the fact that he had fallen off a horse, and gotten hurt. He, a warrior of Fire and the Ronin Leader, hurt by a tumble. It was insanely humiliating.
 
“…And so, I made sure to take you to the closest doctor in the area. The man, Naaza was very accommodating,” Rowen nodded as he spoke, thinking along the lines.
 
Naaza? Where had he heard that one before? Ryo began thinking to himself as the doctor rounded the corner; speaking in a voice he knew all too well, “Ah, so the young lord is awake? Good!”
 
Sehkmet?! Holy Crap! Naaza is his Japanese name! Ryo thought, his mind whirling a mile a minute. Who would believe that another warrior would show up as he was with the first?
 
Rowen blinked, shaking his head, “You hear that?”
 
“Hear what?” The two others looked at him curiously as the blue haired man shifted his eyes between the two furiously. Ryo looked at him with an eyebrow raised, beginning to gain an idea of what was going on. However, he had to give him a chance to let it all seep in.
 
Ryo looked at Naaza, err Sehkmet, “Can I get up?”
 
“Certainly. Let's check this out for you,” Naaza sat up, reaching over to help the young man up. It was slightly out of character for this guy, but then again, who was Ryo to judge? The warrior of fire sat up, thinking once more, “Man this sucks. These guys need to remember! Why can't they?!”
 
Rowen's head shot from side to side again. He kept hearing that voice and it sounded a lot like Ryo's. However, he could put a heat to it, some sort of element. But what was it?
 
Rowen followed Ryo outside as the young man stretched, feeling better as he steeped down to pick something up, showing it to Naaza. Naaza's eyes widened as he clutched at his head, crying out in a soft mode of surprise. Ryo was grinning as Rowen caught on to what had happened. In Ryo's hand was a snake and he held it up for the green haired doctor to look at. Ryo grinned up at Naaza, “Welcome back, Sehkmet.”
 
Sehkmet shook his head, blinking rapidly as a symbol appeared on his forehead for a moment of time “Whoa. What happened there? It was like I wasn't myself, then I was. It doesn't make much sense.”
 
Ryo grinned, a brief symbol appearing upon his forehead, then fading away, “I'm not sure. I think it was the call of our armors, what do you think about it?”
 
Rowen watched as Naaza nodded at Ryo. The two acted like they've known each other for a long time, but the doctor had told him that he hadn't seen Ryo before. It wasn't making sense! Ryo's crazy story, Naaza's introduction to what was going on, and now these stupid voices! Did it ever stop?!
 
Ryo just grinned happily, glad that Sehkmet came over before anything else. Sure, it was a warlord and not a Ronin, but at the same time, he had successfully gotten one of them. That had to count for something! Now…if only Rowen would remember.
 
Rowen blinked, hearing the voices filter into his mind one after another, sounding an awful lot like the two who stood before him.
 
Doctor? That's pretty sad, Sehkmet…I wouldn't have pegged you for that.”
 
Neither would I have myself…”
 
“Still, I thought you would have gone apothecary…”
 
“Shut up Runt…”
 
Rowen stood in shock. What they heck was going on? This burning feeling on his forehead couldn't have been normal. He slammed his eyes shut as his forehead flashed, the symbol of wisdom flaring on his forehead.
 
Ryo whirled around, his eyes wide as Sehkmet copied. They watched as Rowen's kanji flared up, theirs reacting in response. Ryo smiled. It may have seemed impossible, but it looked like it was still happening, “You with us now, RO?”
 
Rowen nodded, “Oh yea. By the way, I think I now know how Lena felt when she was getting her powers for the first time. It really did seem like I was going insane…”
 
The others laughed as Ryo sighed. Two down, nine more to go…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~~*
 
Author's note: Ok guys, here it is, the long awaited chapter of my story! Bwahahahah! Anyways, as I said above, ideas are most welcome since I'm stumped. As for the rest? Opinions and reviews are loved as well. On a side note, I apologize in getting this out so late. Tests, study schedules, work and the rest really do that to you when you have writer's block. I'm also working on an original story as well as that, Sooo yea. Anyways, love ya all!
 
Hikaru
 
Beta-Reader Sacred Bovine's Comments: uh........Ph3aR MY 8-BIT DRAGON!!!!
 
Reviews: Thank you all so much for them! ((I think I need to say thank you this way every so often as well, don't you?))
 
 
Meira Evanstar and Inda: I just wanted to say thanks to you both! You guys have kept up with me, and as a result, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I appreciate it a lot! Please continue to let me know! I plan on bringing this out once more like this, with identifying you reviewers like I used to. I think it's only fair!