Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Reality ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: *sniffles* Why can't I own the Ronins?! You know, sometimes I think the creators of the RWs should hold a contest to the public and let them write stories for more and new episodes of the RWS. Oh well. I can dream.

Twisted Reality

Chapt. 1.

Lately things had been pretty quiet in Toyama. There had been no attacks, not threats, and life seemed normal for everyone. Especially for Ryo Sanada, Rowen Hashiba, Sage Date, Cye Mouri, and Kento Rei Faun. The five boys have done their share of fighting. No, not against each other, nor from other boys. These five had fought valiantly to save the world from an evil being known as Talpa. They wore mystical armor that actually came from the tyrant, and there were four more who bear armor as well. The battles and wars had been tough, and the five of them had nearly died, but they had made it through, and were now enjoying the relaxing afternoon.

Cye stood in his bedroom, staring at himself in the mirror. A smile came to his face. He would be sixteen tomorrow. What surprises awaited him, he did not know. But if he knew the guys, it would be big. Already Ryo was nineteen, Sage eighteen, and Kento and Rowen were seventeen. The five of them matured greatly during the past few years. Ryo's temper had cooled down a bit, and he was more playful and enjoying life. Sage was still a flirt, but at least his dating habits with one girl were starting to last longer than a week. Rowen was well, Rowen. There was no change to him. And Kento, although he did cut down on his eating some, he was still the fighting-loving Ronin he always was.

"Hey, Cye."

Cye looked out his doorway toward the voice and smiled. "Hi, Mia. What's up?"

"Just about to run down to the store to get a few things. I should be back soon."

Cye nodded, and followed after her as she walked down the hall toward the stairs. "So where is everyone?" he asked.

"Well, Sage took that Mariah girl out to a movie, Kento went to play football with Yulie. Rowen is at the University, as usual, and Ryo is downstairs somewhere."

Cye nodded as he followed her down the stairs. "Well, see you when you get back, Mia," he told her as she smiled at him once and more and left. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a can of soda, Pepsi, and popped the can open. He watched through the window as her jeep started, then drove off down the road as he took a drink.

Ryo was in the living room, lying flat on his stomach on the floor, looking through a game magazine and playing a game on Playstation 2. Every few minutes or so Ryo would look from the magazine to the screen as he played.

"Hi, Ryo," Cye said as he made himself comfortable on the couch.

"Hello," Ryo said as he kept on playing. "Don't mind me, just trying to get some tips for this game."

"What is it?" Cye asked curiously as he took another drink of his soda.

"Final Fantasy X. I've never played it before, and to tell you the truth, this whole game confuses me."

Cye let a smile come to his lips. "I'm sure you can handle one game, Ryo."

"Yeah," Ryo answered as he moved his character, Kimahri Ronso, around on the screen. So far there was little action and his health and energy stats were still pretty high, which was good for now. He kept his eyes on the game, but his mind was elsewhere. It was on tomorrow, and the big event.

Cye continued to watch Ryo play, sitting there quietly and sipping his drink. Ryo finally gave him a look out of the corner of his eyes as he grinned. "Hey, thanks for getting me some!"

Cye grinned back. "You're welcome!" But he stood up. "I'll be back. Pepsi or Mountain Dew?"

"Pepsi," Ryo answered as he continued to play. Cye nodded and headed for the kitchen.

Talpa was grinning, extreme pleasure ran through his veins and blood as his eyes continued to flash red. He was extremely thrilled about something, and his Warlords could only wonder why. Finally Dais dared to ask. "Master, forgive us, but you seem to be in a good mood. Are you feeling ill?"

Both Cale and Sekhmet awaited for Talpa's mood to change and for Dais to be shocked into oblivion. But no, surprisingly, Talpa continued to grin happily. Was he losing his touch?

"No, I am not ill," Talpa replied as his eyes flashed red again. "Soon very soon my child shall be revealed, and then when I claim the child, I will turn him or her to this side, and the Ronin Warriors will be stunned beyond belief."

The Warlords were shocked. Talpa had a child? How was that possible? And if so where was the child? And more specifically was it a boy or a girl?

"Master, why did you not tell us this before?" Cale asked.

"Because I was too busy trying to take over the mortal world, and trying to destroy the Ronin Warriors," Talpa answered calmly. "Now listen up. I want you to go out into the mortal world, and look for a sixteen year old with this birthmark directly above their left eyebrow." He lowered his helmet slightly showing them a close look at birthmark that was shaped like X.

Cale, Sekhmet, and Dais studied the birthmark carefully before they bowed and vanished to look for the one who would bear the same birthmark as their master did.

Talpa sat back against his throne, his helmet now fully upon his head once more, the birthmark above his left eyebrow completely hidden once again. A smile came to him. He could hardly wait to see his child.

Sage glanced at the clock on the wall in the hallway of the large theatre he was in. People swarmed right by him as he waited near the ladies restroom for Mariah to come out. The movie had ended at least fifteen minutes ago, and he was hoping to stop at one last place after he dropped her off at home. He knew Cye's birthday was tomorrow, and already he knew what he planned to get him. Now if only Mariah would…

The door opened and Mariah, a pretty but petite girl stepped out. She smiled at him a bit nervously. "Um, sorry, I took so long. I had to wait."

Sage smiled back causing her to relax. "It's quite all right. But we better get going now. I promised your parents I'd have you home before eleven."

Mariah nodded and followed along side him. In her mind she wondered why Sage would ask her out. She wasn't really pretty. Her hair was thin and practically lifeless. She wore contacts since she couldn't stand wearing her glasses. And she was short! Sage had to have stood at 5'9 which was at least six inches taller than her 5.3 height. She gazed up at him for a brief moment as she followed him down the hall, toward the exit doors. He seemed so caring and so sweet, not at all like the Sage Date she had first met when the high school year had first started. During her ninth grade period, she had seen him surrounded by girls, mostly cheerleaders and preps whom he had flirted with shamelessly, never once looking her way. Back then she had been called a nerd. And now in eleventh grade she still was a nerd. She remembered how she had stumbled through the halls, trying to get to her class on time when she had turned the corner and walked right into someone. It was the Flirt King himself. At first she had backed away, fearing he would snarl at her and call her cruel names for bumping into him. Instead she heard him apologizing and had looked up to see his concerned face. Definitely not the Sage Date she had been told about. After a brief talk and exchanged apologies it wasn't long before Sage would pass her by in the halls, and say hi to her. It was unbelievable actually, and now here she was, a week later, after having bumped into Sage, leaving the Mauzi Theatre. This had to be a dream.

Sage held open the door and let her pass through, then followed her out as he withdrew his car keys. His eyes focused on the white Porsche sitting in the third parking lot in Section E on the left side. He undid the alarm with just a push of a button, and led Mariah to the car. Like a gentleman, which totally surprised her, he opened her door for her, and allowed her in as he carefully shut the door, and got in the driver's side. The car was started up, the seatbelts came over them, the mirrors and parking lot were checked, and Sage drove off.

After dropping Mariah off at home, Sage quickly headed for the nearest exit of the highway and got on the freeway. He was hoping the place wasn't closed. This was going to be a big surprise for Cye if he could get it, and he was hoping beyond hope that nothing would ruin it.