Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Morielta ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana, Morielta and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 11
 
Suigintou flew over the city, thinking about the things that she had discussed with the Gardener twins earlier. The city's traffic was slowly decreasing and it's steel grey buildings reflected the light of the sunset on the horizon.
 
She stopped to sit on top of one of the tallest sky scrapers, crossing her legs as she did so. Suigintou had played out the events of the previous era many times in her head during her flight, and had come to no conclusion about anything the three of them had discussed. She spent the next few minutes on the sky scraper, deep in thought.
 
`I remember that during my fight with Shinku, my powers stopped working. Shinku isn't that powerful, she couldn't have done that…But if she didn't then what did? Maybe it was Kirakishou? But I don't think even Kirakishou could have done that...'
 
Suigintou rested her head in her hands.
 
`Megu. I don't know who killed her. Shinku wouldn't have been capable of such a thing. Perhaps it was Kirakishou? I only know one of her abilities, which is shape shifting, and I'm quite sure she has others. Maybe Megu committed suicide? No, she wouldn't do that…I don't know where she would have gotten prickly cord from.'
 
For a moment, Suigintou stared up at the sunset. The sky was slowly darkening, in preparation for night-time.
 
`Suiseseki and Souseseki are still alive, so is it possible that our other sisters are alive too? Or just us? If Father only brought back the three of us, then why? Did he randomly pick us? Did he pick us for a particular reason? Did Father just feel sorry for us? Does he still want us to fight the Alice Game? Maybe he brought us back to life by mistake? If Alice was created from Kirakishou or Shinku, then it would have to have been a mistake. After all, he would have been happy with Alice, he wouldn't have cared about the ones who lost…'
 
Suigintou sighed as she continued to stare at the sunset. There were so many things that she couldn't figure out. She turned to her left, looking in the direction that Rikou's apartment was in.
 
She stood up and fluffed out her dress. `Idiot…It's not like I have to return to him…'
 
`Good evening, Suigintou of Rozen'
 
Suigintou quickly turned to see a doll dressed entirely in black. She had black, wavy hair, put in a ponytail on top of her head and tied in a dark blue ribbon. She had a black top, with puffy sleeves and a black ruffle skirt, that parted at her left hip. She had a dark blue sash tied around her waist, and knee high black boots. It seemed that the only thing about her that wasn't dark, was her light brown eyes.
 
`Humph. It's a fake doll. Can't you leave me alone? I'm thinking about something important…'
 
Then it hit her. This doll knew her name, and that she was a Rozen Maiden.
 
`H…How do you know my name?' Suigintou asked the doll.
 
`My name is Morielta and I've been following you around for the past week and a half. Ever since you attracted attention at the market place, you've been every doll collectors dream' Morielta said.
 
She walked a few paces forward, towards Suigintou.
 
`No one has ever seen a doll that can fly before. Even the ones with wings can't fly. But yet you…You use your wings to fly everywhere' She added.
 
`So? Who cares if I'm the `doll collector's dream'. I'm not interested in sitting on a shelf all day looking pretty.' Suigintou coldly replied.
 
`My master wants you for his own. He told me that `if she doesn't come on her own, then use force to bring her here'. And since you refuse to come of your own free will…' Morielta began.
 
`I'll have to FORCE YOU to come with me!' She yelled determinedly.
 
Morielta summoned her weapon, which looked like the scythe of the Grim Reaper, except hers was completely black. The scythe was a head shorter than Morielta was, and the blade was slightly shorter than the base of the scythe.
 
Morielta ran forward and slashed at Suigintou, missing her only by a centimetre or two. Suigintou quickly spread her wings and flew up into the sky. She unleashed a round of sharp feathers, aimed directly at Morielta.
 
Morielta tried to slash at the feathers, but there were too many. The feathers cut into her outfit and her skin.
 
`She's stronger than I thought…I may need to borrow some power, master…' Morielta thought to herself.
 
Morielta began to draw power from her master, and she started to glow in a light black. Suigintou saw this, and realised that she was drawing power from her medium. Suigintou flew even further towards the almost black sky, with only a small amount of sunlight left on the horizon.
 
Morielta muttered words that Suigintou could not hear, and black sludge began to arise from the top of the building. The sludge then formed a spiral shape, as it continued to grow upwards. Suigintou started to fly higher, but the sludge caught up with her, and wrapped itself tightly around her right ankle.
 
Suigintou shot some carefully aimed feathers at it, but they got stuck on the sludge the moment they touched it. The sludge began to shrink, dragging Suigintou towards the top of the building…and towards the waiting Morielta.
 
As soon as Morielta was within reach of Suigintou, she quickly summoned her sword, and clashed her weapon with Morielta's scythe. Suigintou overpowered Morielta and flung her weapon to the side. Morielta quickly resummoned it, and before Suigintou could react, she sliced off half of Suigintou's right wing.
 
Suigintou screamed, as the pain from her wing began to sting. She tried to attack Morielta with her sword, but she merely stepped back and laughed, as she watched Suigintou's attempt to defend her self.
 
Suigintou was frustrated. `If I could just get this black thing off my leg, then I would be able to defeat her.' She thought to herself.
 
Suigintou expanded her left wing, and turned it into a dragons head. Morielta saw this and ran to the edge of the building. Morielta jumped over to the sky scraper next to it, but the dragon's head continued to follow her.
 
Morielta turned around and held her scythe ahead of her. When the dragon's head got close enough, Morielta cut it off. Suigintou screamed again, tears forming in her eyes. Morielta continued to jump over to the sky scraper Suigintou was pinned to, and cut off the remainder of the expanded wing.
 
Morielta muttered something that Suigintou did not understand, and another spiral of sludge emerged from the original one. The black column circled around Suigintou's elbows. Suigintou tried to cut it with her sword but it was absorbed the moment the sword contacted it. The sludge tightened, pinning Suigintou's arms to her waist.
 
More and more sludge columns emerged from the original, and continued to tie Suigintou's hands together, her knees together and to gag her mouth.
 
Morielta laughed. `Not so confident now, are we?'
 
She walked up to Suigintou and slid a finger under her chin. `Now…I have to go collect the little dolls that I saw with you, so wait right here, until I come back. Okay?'
 
Suigintou's reply was muffled by the gag.
 
`Be a good girl now.' Morielta patted the top of Suigintou's head and laughed. She turned and leapt off the building, leaping across the neighbouring sky scrapers, until she was out of sight.
 
`Damn it…' Suigintou thought. `What am I going to do…'
 
She struggled against the black sludge, but she couldn't get loose.
 
`My only hope is if my wings…' She thought.
 
Her wings were still in pain, from when they were cut, but still she tried to expand them. When she expanded them a little bit, a searing pain shot through her whole back. She winced.
 
`Damn, it hurts…' Suigintou thought to herself. `I'll just have to bear it…'
 
She took a deep breath through her nose, and tried to expand them again. This time, they expanded even further than they did the first time. Her wings and back area began to feel absolutely painful, but she continued to push her wings further, and further outward.
 
Her wings slipped under the sludge binding her elbows and sliced upward. Her wings cut through her elbow bind and wrist bind, and now her arms were free. She moved her arms away from each other, before the sludge could rejoin. Suigintou did not notice the clouds overhead in the night sky.
 
She forced her wings further outwards and cut through the leg binds. The sludge began to bubble, and Suigintou knew that she had to get away from it. She still had the mouth gag, and traces of sludge on her dress.
 
She did not know if she could fly, as her wings had been in so much pain only moments ago. But still, she leapt off the tall building, desperately trying to stabilize herself in the air.
 
Then, Suigintou saw a large column of black sludge expanding at full speed towards her. Suigintou managed to steady herself in the air, and began to fly around the tall buildings. The black sludge followed her every movement.
 
Suigintou realized that she could not fly upward, as her wings were too weak, so she kept at the same height as she weaved around the buildings.
 
Then she heard the roar of thunder overhead, and she took a quick look at the grey clouds in the night sky, and continued flying. Then, she felt a raindrop fall onto her head. Then another. And before she knew it, it was raining.
 
That's when she noticed, that where a raindrop had fallen on the sludge on her dress, there was a small hole through the sludge, where her dress was visible. As the rain began to pour down on her, the sludge began to slide off her dress and skin and the mouth gag fell off. The column of sludge following her lost it's life and fell to the ground, creating a giant black puddle of filth on the ground.
 
Suigintou began to laugh. She hadn't been able to defeat the sludge monster, but a simple thing like rain had killed it almost instantly.
 
Staring at the ground, she noticed the sludge puddle had become more watery with the rain.
 
`I feel sorry for the people who have to clean that up.' She chuckled.
 
Then she remembered. Morielta had gone after Suiseseki and Souseseki!
 
`Well, there's no point having a deal with someone who's dead…' Suigintou muttered, as she turned and flew in the direction of Rina's house.
 
 
----------------
 
`Do you really think we should trust her ~desu? After all, Suigintou has always been really horrid to us all ~desu.' Suiseseki asked her twin.
 
The twins had both finished dinner, and were home by themselves, as Rina had a concert on that night.
 
`I don't know Suiseseki…It is hard to believe. But she can't harm us, as she swore on her rose ring that she would co-operate with us or give up her Rosa Mystica.'
 
`I guess so ~desu.' Suiseseki shrugged. `Hey…Souseseki?'
 
`What is it?' Souseseki asked.
 
`Do you think Suigintou is sad ~desu?' Suiseseki asked her.
 
`Why would Suigintou be sad? Shinku isn't around to agitate her and she's found a place to live with that `idiot' she told us about' Souseseki replied.
 
`Her other medium was murdered ~desu. She said that she cried a lot after she found out. She seemed a bit unhappy when she was talking about her other medium ~desu.'
 
`I noticed that too. But everyone has something that happens to them that makes them feel sad and Suigintou is not exempt. Although she is cold hearted and has an uncontrollable temper, it doesn't mean that she wouldn't feel unhappy about something like that.'
 
`I know ~desu. But it's just hard to believe that someone like her would get upset over something like that ~desu. She must have really cared for that human.'
 
As soon as Suiseseki had said that, the glass from the window broke, revealing a doll dressed in black standing on the window sill.
 
`Good evening, Suiseseki and Souseseki of Rozen' the black doll said `My name is Morielta'.
 
`How do you know our names ~desu?' Suiseseki yelled.
 
`I followed your eldest sister when she visited you.' Morielta laughed. `I was surprised…not only had I found one Rozen Maiden, but she had unknowingly lead me to two others!'
 
`You followed Suigintou here!' Souseseki yelled. `Why? You can't become Alice! You don't have a proper Rosa Mystica!'
 
`My master wanted Suigintou for his own, after he found out about her…but if I present him with not only one, but THREE Rozen Maidens, then I may get promoted!'
 
`Promoted?' Souseseki asked.
 
`None of your business' Morielta replied. `If you're wondering what happened to your dear eldest sister…She's tied and gagged up the top of the commercial building. So…will you join your sister willingly, or will I have to fight you?'
 
`You'll have to fight us ~desu!' Suiseseki yelled, whipping out her watering can and making a tree grow out of the first storey, through to the second storey. The tree turned and grew towards Morielta. Morielta summoned her scythe and cut the tree as it came towards her.
 
She jumped through the broken window and ran towards Suiseseki. As Morielta swung her scythe at Suiseseki, her weapon clashed with Souseseki's shears.
 
`If you want to hurt my twin, you have to go through ME first.' Souseseki said, determinedly.
 
`Wasn't it you who once abandoned your twin for the dream of becoming Alice?' Morielta asked, in a mocking tone.
 
`I have learnt from my mistake, and I know now that Father would NOT want that!' Souseseki yelled, flinging the scythe away and pointing her shears at Morielta's neck.
 
Morielta smiled, and Souseseki heard a scream come from Suiseseki. She turned to see Suiseseki, fighting a vicious battle with some sort of…black muck?
 
Suiseseki was growing plants everywhere, twisting the trees around the sludge, but the sludge always broke through and continued to rip at her dress.
 
`Suiseseki!' Souseseki yelled, only to notice that Morielta had re-summoned her scythe, and was slashing at her with it. Souseseki quickly gripped her shears, and spared with Morielta.
 
Suiseseki was beginning to win with the sludge, and decided to help Souseseki. She made a tree grow where Morielta was, but Morielta stepped to the side and cut it down. Souseseki slashed at Morielta while she was distracted cutting down the tree, and her sash was cut in two.
 
`How…How dare you…'Morielta thought with rage.
 
She unleashed a large amount of black sludge at Souseseki, Souseseki tried to cut the sludge but her shears were absorbed by the sludge.
 
`What?' Souseseki gasped as the sludge tied her up and gagged her.
 
Morielta laughed. `Two down, one to go…' she whispered to herself.
 
As she turned to face Suiseseki, a black feather shot past and sliced her cheek open.
 
`No…It can't be…' She turned to see Suigintou standing at the window, looking triumphant. Suigintou didn't have a trace of sludge on her, although she was drenched from head to toe.
 
`Suigintou ~desu' Suiseseki muttered.
 
`But, how? It's impossible to escape from the sludge.' Morielta yelled.
 
`Well…Lets just say, I had a bit of weather on my side.' Suigintou giggled.
 
`What?' Morielta yelled. `Well, it doesn't matter, because I'll just re-capture you NOW!!'
 
She unleashed another column of sludge, but Suigintou curled up into a ball and put a shield of feathers around herself.
 
`The feather shield is very thick. Not even sludge can get through it!' Suigintou yelled through her shield.
 
`Damn her…' Morielta hissed, as she dodged a growing tree. `Damn them all…'
 
Suigintou suddenly burst from her shield and flew down towards Morielta with her sword. Morielta was ready, and the two weapons clashed. A tree suddenly shot out of the ground where Morielta was, causing her to fall forwards. Her weapon slipped and her hand fell against Suigintou's before she was flung to one side.
 
Suigintou walked up to Morielta, and pointed her sword at Morielta's neck. Morielta raised her hand, but now there was a pink burn mark on it. Then she realised what Morielta's weakness was.
 
Suigintou wrapped her left wing around Morielta. She pinned Morielta's elbows to her waist and then turned to Suiseseki.
 
`Suiseseki, can you produce normal water from your watering can?' Suigintou yelled.
 
`I can, if I want to ~desu.' Suiseseki replied.
 
`Do that, and pour it all over her.' Suigintou yelled.
 
`What's the point of that ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`Just DO IT!' Suigintou yelled back.
 
`O…Ok ~desu' Suiseseki mumbled.
 
Suiseseki lifted her watering can and it started to glow green. After it had stopped glowing, Suiseseki pointed the watering can at Morielta. Then, she began to spray Morielta with the water from her watering can.
 
`NO…NO…I BEG YOU PLEASE STOP! DON'T…Euh' Morielta moaned as the water began to soak through her clothing.
 
Suiseseki began to spray water all over the room, melting the sludge and unbinding Souseseki.
 
`That feels better' Souseseki remarked, stretching her arms after being freed from the sludge.
 
Suiseseki smiled, and then turned back to hose down Morielta.
 
`I'LL…I'LL GET YOU…ALL FOR…THIS…' Morielta yelled.
 
Then she began to fade away, and before the three Rozen Maiden's could react, she was gone.
 
`That was close' Souseseki said as she breathed a sigh of relief.
 
Suigintou began to feel dizzy.
 
`I feel…lightheaded…I…'
 
Suigintou stumbled backward and she fainted.
 
`Ah…Ah…Souseseki, what do we do ~desu? Is she dead ~desu' Suiseseki asked, worriedly.
 
Souseseki kneeled over Suigintou and examined her. `No, she just used to much power. I don't think that `idiot' that she lives with is her medium.'
 
`What do we do with her ~desu?' Suiseseki asked.
 
`We have to clean up first…' Souseseki said with a sigh.
 
`No problem ~desu!' Suiseseki exclaimed.
 
She held up her ring and it glowed a bright green. The sludge puddles and trees disappeared and the bedroom furniture began to fix itself. When the room was back to normal, Suiseseki's ring stopped glowing.
 
`I don't think she'd like it if we kept her here…do you think we should return her to the `idiot'?' Souseseki asked.
 
`Yeah, we should ~desu. She probably wouldn't like us fussing over her ~desu.' Suiseseki said. `Now where did she say he lived again ~desu?'
 
----------------
 
Rikou had had a long week at school, and was looking forward to the weekend. It was 10 pm at night, and he was `busy' browsing the internet for whatever he felt like. He could do his homework tomorrow.
 
As he finished browsing, something in the corner of the room caught his eye. Suigintou's case.
 
`I haven't seen her all day…I wonder where she is? Not that she'd tell me anyway, but…' Rikou sighed. He had had enough of browsing, and he exited the internet and shut the computer down.
 
As he walked over to his bed, he began to stare at the case again. Instead of sitting on the bed, he sat down beside the case, and looked at it.
 
`So…She sleeps in this thing every night…It looks pretty neat…' He thought to himself.
 
He reached out and touched it. `It doesn't feel like something of bad quality…'
 
Suddenly, Rikou heard the sound of glass breaking. He turned quickly, to see that a doll case, identical to Suigintou's, had crashed through the window and landed on the floor.
 
The box lid flew open, revealing a doll with long, brown hair and wearing a green dress.
 
`You must be idiot ~desu! Please to meet you ~desu!' The doll exclaimed.
 
`Whoa, this doll has different coloured eyes…' Rikou thought to himself.
 
`You haven't said anything to respond to my polite greeting ~desu' the doll said in annoyance. `You must really be an idiot like Suigintou says you are ~desu!'
 
`You know Suigintou?' Rikou said nervously.
 
`Of course ~desu' the doll exclaimed. `She's my sister ~desu! I am Suiseseki, the third Rozen Maiden ~desu!'
 
`Another doll that claims to be a Rozen Maiden…as well as claiming to be Suigintou's sister ' Rikou thought.
 
`Living dolls don't have sisters, because they are batch produced!' Rikou told Suiseseki.
 
`ERRRRRRR…But I'm not a normal living doll ~desu! I'm a Rozen Maiden! You are really thick ~desu!' Suiseseki yelled.
 
`Anyway, Suigintou, Souseseki and I got into a fight and Suigintou passed out, so we're returning her to you ~desu.' Suiseseki said.
 
`If you're returning her…Then where is she?' Rikou asked.
 
`Souseseki took Suigintou with her, because she reckons that I speed ~desu!' I don't speed ~desu! She's just jealous because I go faster than her ~desu!' Suiseseki ranted.
 
`I see…'Rikou said nervously.
 
Then, another case came through the broken window, smashing the glass that still remained. The case landed on the ground next to Suiseseki's. The lid came open, revealing a doll dressed in blue with short, redy-brown hair. Suigintou had been forced into a sitting position, and was leaning against the other doll.
 
`Sorry to intrude…Has Suiseseki told you who I am?' the doll asked.
 
Rikou thought about it for a few seconds. `Are you…Souseseki?'
 
`Yes, I am Souseseki, the fourth Rozen Maiden and Suiseseki's twin.' Souseseki said. `Well…Suigintou passed out when we were fighting another living doll and she's here.'
 
Rikou took a closer look at Suigintou. She looked like she was sleeping.
 
`What's wrong with her?' Rikou asked.
 
`She just passed out from using too much energy in the human world.' Souseseki replied.
 
Seeing that Rikou looked confused, Suiseseki added `Rozen Maidens are only supposed to fight in N-fields ~desu! If we use to much power in the human world then we get tired ~desu!'
 
`Then why haven't you fainted? Suiseseki said that both of you were fighting as well.' Rikou asked.
 
`We have a medium. Suigintou doesn't.' Souseseki stated.
 
`It makes that much difference?' Rikou asked.
 
`Yes. A medium can supply more power to you, but it is up to the individual Rozen Maiden how much of it they use.' Souseseki told him.
 
`You really are thick and stupid ~desu!' Suiseseki said.
 
`Why do all these dolls that claim to be Rozen Maiden think I'm really stupid?' Rikou thought with a sigh.
 
Rikou stood up and walked over to Souseseki's case. He picked up Suigintou and started to carry her over to his bed.
 
`You better look after her ~desu! Or you'll be sorry ~desu!' Suiseseki shouted.
 
`I will…If she lets me…' Rikou said as he lay Suigintou on top of his bed.
 
He noticed it was really cold and remembered that the window was broken.
 
`Could you…umm…do something about the window?' Rikou asked Suiseseki and Souseseki.
 
`We could do that...' Souseseki replied. She held up her ring and it began to glow a light blue.
 
The shards of glass that were scattered everywhere began to fly back towards the window. Within a few seconds, the window was fixed and there was no glass anywhere.
 
`Umm…Thank you' Rikou said, still confused about what had just happened with the window.
 
`Can you open up the window again, so we can get home?' Souseseki asked.
 
`Sure' Rikou replied, as he opened the window properly.
 
`We'll probably be visiting again ~desu, so clean up your room ~desu!' Suiseseki yelled.
 
The two dolls flew out the window in their cases, and soon they were both out of sight.
 
`Strange pair' Rikou said to himself, as he closed the window. He looked around his room. `Does my room really look that messy?'
 
As his eyes wondered around the room, he began to stare at Suigintou, who obviously hadn't moved since he had put her on the bed.
 
`I wonder what sort of fight she got into? She doesn't look damaged…' He mumbled
 
Then Rikou began to think about the things that the twins had said. Were they really Rozen Maidens? Were they more than `just a legend'?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
A/N
Yet again another long chapter! I'm going on a holiday for about four weeks, so obviously, I won't be able to update until I get back.