Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Lyn ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana, Morielta, Scylla, Lyn and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 13
 
Scylla searched the rooms of the apartment for a mirror that was large enough for both herself and the unconscious Suigintou to get through. It seemed that the only mirror that was large enough for the two of them, was the one in Mirien's room.
 
Scylla entered Mirien's room, dragging Suigintou behind her. She spotted Mirien's large mirror, hanging on the wall behind the door.
 
Scylla put her hand against the mirror, in order to open the portal to her master's house. But, the portal would not open, and the mirror didn't ripple
 
She tried to open the portal again, using some of her energy. Her hand began to glow an emerald green. Suddenly, she pulled her hand back from the mirror.
 
`WHAT?' Scylla yelled. `How could the portal be locked? I checked the portal before I left, to make sure there was no chance of it locking!'
 
`Maybe you should have exterminated the `bug' on the other side of the portal, Onee-san.'
 
Scylla turned and saw her younger sister, Lyn, sitting on the open windowsill.
 
`Lyn, what are you doing here? I have something very important to give to the master and I don't want you to ruin it!'
 
`Oh, I don't know. I just followed you here, because you looked so determined when you left, so I had to find out what you were up too!'
 
Lyn stood up on the windowsill. Lyn had light blonde hair that was slightly wavey and dark blue eyes. She was wearing a light blue tank top, with a black corset, and dark blue netball skirt. She had black, hard-heel slippers, with a strap going across the ankle and knee high socks, with blue ribbing around the thighs. She was wearing white and blue wrist gloves, and a black top hat with a blue ribbon around it.
 
`Lyn…' Scylla hissed. `Wait, what bug? So IT WAS YOU WHO LOCKED THE PORTAL!'
 
`No, it wasn't me Onee-san.' Lyn said. `But you're getting very close! Let's think about it…Who else would have a good reason to stop you from bringing Suigintou to the master?'
 
Scylla stared at Lyn for a few seconds, trying to figure out who would have had the ability to lock the portal. Then it came to her.
 
`No way…She's supposed to be asleep! How could she…' Scylla yelled. `Lyn, YOU WOKE HER UP! You're going to be in so much trouble if the master finds out!'
 
`Don't jump to conclusions, Onee-san!' Lyn giggled. `The dose of sleeping-poison you gave her must have worn off…She locked the portal after she saw you and me go through it.'
 
`But that's wasn't the only reason you came, was it?' Scylla asked Lyn, suspiciously.
 
`I guess not…I was also hoping to gain a little something to give to the master.' Lyn sighed.
 
`No Lyn, you're not taking Suigintou to the master. I caught her, she's mine!' Scylla yelled.
 
`What if…I defeat you in a battle. You'll be too weak to take her to the master. If you're nice to me I might even let you have some credit …' Lyn said.
 
`We'll see about that, Lyn!' Scylla yelled.
 
Scylla's five fingers on her right hand turned into five mini snakes and they expanded at lightning pace, towards Lyn. Lyn took the top hat off her head, and disappeared. Scylla's snakes went right through the place Lyn had once been.
 
Lyn reappeared behind Scylla, summoned a magician's wand and pointed it at Scylla. The wand let out a `bang' from the tip, and Scylla flew to the other end of the room.
 
`That does it…' Scylla hissed.
 
Scylla jumped at Lyn in an attempt to pin her down, but Lyn grabbed Scylla's arm and hurdled her out the window, breaking it in the process.
 
Scylla hit the building opposite Rikou's apartment, and continued to fall down the building onto the street.
 
Lyn pointed her wand at the sky, and black ash formed around it. The black ash spread outward, and soon the town was dark and empty.
 
`An…N-Field?' Scylla whispered.
 
Lyn jumped out the window, landing gracefully on the street. She summoned her magicians wand, and pointed it at Scylla, so that she was ready for Scylla's next move.
 
----------------
Rikou ran around the corner, onto the street that his apartment building was on. He suddenly felt a great disturbance, and everything around him turned a shade of black. He looked up, only to see two dolls sparing up and down the road.
 
`There's that evil green doll.' Rikou thought to himself. `I wonder who she's sparing with?'
 
Rikou looked at the entrance to the apartment building.
 
`There's no way I'm going to be able to get in without those dolls noticing…'
 
He looked up and down the entire street, seeing if there was a way he could possibly get through, with out being noticed by the other dolls. Then, he remembered.
 
`The back entrance! Why didn't I think of that before!' He thought, turning to run back around the corner. He went the long way around, trying to avoid that street as much as possible. When he finally came to the back entrance, he pushed the two swing doors open and entered the foyer.
 
`Should I use the lift or the stairs?' He thought to himself, as he looked back and forth from the lift and the stairs.
 
`It's only the fifth floor up…Damn, I'll just use the stairs!' He thought, as he began his run up the stairs.
 
When he got to the fifth floor, he unlocked his apartment door, fumbling with the keys as he did so, and went inside. He closed the door, locked it and leaned against the door to catch his breath.
 
`The last time I ran up the stairs like that, was with Mirien when I was about 11…' He thought to himself. `And when we got to the top, we would pull faces at all the people on the street with living dolls.'
 
When he finally caught his breath, he walked towards his room and opened the door.
 
`There's no one in here. I thought that Suigintou might have returned, but maybe she decided to leave for good.' He thought.
 
He turned and went down the hallway, to Mirien's room. He opened the door, only to find both Mirien and Suigintou, and they were unconscious.
 
Mirien was lying in her bed, and if the circumstances had been different, it would have looked like she was merely sleeping. Suigintou, however, was lying in a heap on the floor, near Mirien's mirror, in a position, that looked to Rikou, like she had been temporarily dumped there. Mirien's window was broken and there was a slight draft coming in from outside.
 
`Oh no…What am I going to do?' Rikou thought in panic.
 
He went over to Mirien's bed and checked her breathing and her pulse.
 
`It's like she's just sleeping…I wonder what was in the snake venom when it bit her?' Rikou thought.
 
Rikou's focus then moved to Suigintou, who was lying on the floor, not to far away. He sat down beside her, and picked her up underneath her arms.
 
`Of course she won't show any signs of life…She's a doll after all, she doesn't really breathe...' He thought to himself.
 
Suigintou began to flinch. She was shaking all over, and was desperately trying to open her eyes.
 
`…Suigintou?' Rikou asked in confusion.
 
When Suigintou finally managed to fully open her eyes, she found herself being held by the idiot that she lived with.
 
`Oh…It's only you…' Suigintou said weakly.
 
`Only me? Who were you expecting? Freaky green doll?' Rikou asked her.
 
`…Kind of…' Suigintou said. `We're still in your apartment, right?'
 
`Yeah…Otherwise I would not be here.' Rikou replied.
 
`If Scylla comes back, she will kill us both. I'm too weak to fight back.' Suigintou looked directly at him. `Leave here now, before she comes back…'
 
`What about Mirien?' Rikou asked.
 
`She'll be fine as long as she doesn't wake up. And it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon…' Suigintou replied.
 
`Surely there's something I can do to help you?' Rikou asked.
 
`No. You are pretty useless.' Suigintou weakly laughed.
 
`So, you're telling me that I ran half way across town and up 5 flights of stairs, while avoiding two sparing dolls, for nothing?' Rikou asked.
 
`I'm sorry…You can't…Unless…But I won't…' Suigintou muttered.
 
`You can't what?' Rikou asked.
 
`I…I could…' Suigintou muttered. She took a deep breath before finishing. `I could…form a medium contract with you.'
 
Rikou was taken back. That was it?
 
`What's wrong with forming a medium contract? People do it all the time with…'
 
`I'm not a normal living doll, the terms of my contract are different. Haven't I told you that before?' Suigintou strained her voice. `Once I form a contract with you, I am bound to you, until either I die or you die.'
 
`…I see.' Rikou had completely forgotten that Suigintou may not be an ordinary living doll.
 
`I don't like being `bound' to others by force…' Suigintou told him.
 
`I should have expected that, coming from you…' Rikou replied.
 
There was a silence between the two for a few moments.
 
`So, are there any other ways to get out of the current situation?' Rikou asked.
 
`The only one I can think of, is if I fight them off, and considering my condition right now, it won't take much to defeat me.' Suigintou told him.
 
Rikou thought for a few seconds, before he had an idea.
 
`Hey, Suigintou! I just thought of something that could work.' Rikou said.
 
`What?'
 
`We could run…'
----------------
 
`Onee-san, Onee-san, when will you learn? Although you're good at trickery, you are hopeless at one-on-one combat…' Lyn sighed.
 
`Shut up Lyn, just shut up!' Scylla yelled.
 
`But I was being so nice to Onee-san! Why is she yelling at me? I didn't even knock her out!' Lyn said to Scylla.
 
Scylla just laughed at her. `You're only jealous, because at the moment I'm master's favourite, as I've been the most successful at bringing him the Rozen Maidens. And Morielta and yourself have cost the master SO much power, with very little results…'
 
Lyn jabbed Scylla's neck with her wand. `That's not true. Master loves us all! He just shows you more of it, that's all!'
 
`Keep telling yourself that, sweetie.' Scylla laughed. `Or maybe he's showing me more affection, because he wants to motivate the two of you!'
 
`No, no, no, no!' Lyn yelled. `I refuse to believe that something like that would be true!'
 
`So, Lyn, are you going to throw a tantrum?' Scylla said, sarcastically. `I guess you're just so young and immature…'
 
`STOP IT OR I WILL KILL YOU!' Lyn yelled.
 
Then, the two of them were suddenly entangled in a large green tree.
 
Both Suiseseki and Souseseki made themselves visible, and both were holding their gardening weapons.
 
`You've gone way to far this time~desu!' Suiseseki yelled, pointing the watering can at Scylla and Lyn.
 
`Wha…? There are more of them?' Lyn gasped.
 
`Lyn, there are seven. I thought the master told you that!' Scylla yelled at her.
 
`Living dolls these days…' Souseseki sighed.
 
`SO, where is Suigintou ~desu! I demand to know what you have done with her ~desu!' Suiseseki yelled.
 
`I'm not tel…' Scylla began.
 
`She's in the apartment building, in the room with the broken window!' Lyn yelled overtop of Scylla.
 
`LYN!' Scylla yelled angrily.
 
Lyn merely stuck her tongue out at Scylla.
 
`Thank you very much…Umm…Blonde haired doll…' Souseseki said. `Suiseseki, you stay here and guard the two evil dolls. I'll go see if I can find Suigintou. But, if you two are lying to us…'
 
`You'll be in BIG trouble~desu!' Suiseseki finished.
 
Souseseki leapt up the building, and disappeared into the room with the broken window.
 
Suiseseki watched her leave, and then turned back to Lyn and Scylla.
 
`You two…START TALKING ~DESU!' Suiseseki yelled.
 
`Huh?' Both Scylla and Lyn replied.
 
`Are you working with Morielta ~desu!' Suiseseki asked.
 
Both Scylla and Lyn were silent.
 
`WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE ~DESU?'
 
`…Y…Yeah, we are.' Lyn reluctantly answered. `She's kinda our older sister.'
 
`How many sisters do you have~desu?'
 
`There's only the three of us.' Lyn replied with a sigh.
 
`LYN! Why are you telling her all that stuff?' Scylla yelled.
 
At that moment, Souseseki appeared from the window and leapt down the building.
 
`Guess what?' Souseseki asked, sarcastically. `Suigintou isn't there. There's only a sleeping girl.'
 
`SO YOU DID TRICK US ~DESU!' Suiseseki yelled, pointing her watering can at the two dolls. `You better get ready to feel the wrath of a true Rozen Maiden because when I'm through with you…'
 
`Stop, they weren't tricking you!'
 
Suiseseki and Souseseki turned to see Rikou, carrying Suigintou in his arms, at the front of the apartment building.
 
`I took her from the apartment building, so that they would stop hurting her.' Rikou said softly.
 
`Rikou. Put me down.' Suigintou ordered him.
 
Rikou's looked down at Suigintou, who had been somewhere between conscious and unconscious a few moments before.
 
`But…Are you sure you can manage?' Rikou asked, concern evident in his voice.
 
`I'll be fine Rikou, please put me down.' Suigintou asked him.
 
Rikou put her down on the footpath, and watched nervously as Suigintou stumbled over to her sisters.
 
`I think…I think we should punish them just a little…' Suigintou said. `Tighten the binds, Suiseseki.'
 
`Okay~desu!' Suiseseki said with a smile.
 
The trees instantly began to tighten around the two evil dolls.
 
Scylla then felt the portal open again. She smiled. She began to vanish, and she soon, she had disappeared completely.
 
The tree squeezed Lyn very tightly. Suddenly, she began to choke. Then, she began to vomit. She coughed and spluttered, before finally vomiting up a black slimy ball.
 
The black slime gathered up to form a black, worm-like creature, revealing a tiny, golden circular object.
 
`Wha…What IS that~desu?' Suiseseki asked, taking a fearful step backwards.
 
Souseseki suddenly summoned her shears and sliced the black worm in two. The worm slowly disintegrated.
 
`Well, what ever it was is dead now.' Souseseki chuckled.
 
Lyn took a fearful look at the three sisters, before vanishing in the same way Scylla had.
 
There was a silence between the three sisters and Rikou until Souseseki said:
 
`We better get off the road, before the N-field breaks.'
 
----------------
 
Rikou sighed, as he turned his computer off. It had been a long day for him and he was just glad things had turned out like they had.
 
The N-field had broken, shortly after Rikou had somehow persuaded Suigintou to get some rest. Suigintou was now sleeping on his bed, and he had tried to be as quiet as he could, so that he didn't wake her up.
 
Mirien's sleep had suddenly ended when the N-field had broken, and as far as Rikou knew, she was having dinner in the kitchen.
 
His stomach let out a growl, suddenly reminding him that he hadn't had any dinner either.
 
Rikou walked into the kitchen, and he saw that Mirien was still eating her dinner. She looked at him for a few seconds and then turned away. Rikou got his dinner out and put it in the microwave.
 
`Hey Rikou?' Mirien said.
 
`Hmmm…?' Rikou replied turning to face her.
 
`I'm really sorry about how I yelled at you this morning. I shouldn't have done that. If I hadn't, then none of this would have ever happened. So…umm…can you forgive me?'
 
`Well, you're my little sister, so of course I forgive you! As long as you do all my chores next week.'
 
`WHAT?!' Mirien said in shock.
 
`I was only kidding Mirien! I'm not that evil.' Rikou said.
 
`Sure, Rikou. Sure.' Mirien said with a laugh.
 
For the next few minutes, there was silence. The microwave dinged, signalling that Rikou's dinner was probably ready to eat. Rikou took it out the microwave, and sat down opposite his sister at the table. He began eating.
 
`Rikou, is she okay?'
 
Rikou stopped eating and looked up at his sister.
 
`Yeah, I think Suigintou is only tired.' Rikou said.
 
`You…You know…' Mirien stuttered.
 
`What?' Rikou asked.
 
`I think the two of you should get a contract together.' Mirien said, trying to hide her embarrassment.
 
`Huh?' Rikou was confused.
 
Mirien stood up and began to wash her plate.
 
`I still don't like living dolls. But I'm going to make an exception of her, because she is a Rozen Maiden. And plus, it would be nice to have some other company in the house, don't you think?'
 
Mirien finished washing up her things, and walked out the room before Rikou could reply.
 
----------------
 
After Rikou finished his dinner and cleaned up, he wandered back into his room. When he entered the room, he saw Suigintou sitting on the side of the bed.
 
`Oh…You're awake.' Rikou said as he sat down on the desk chair.
 
`I seem to be.' Suigintou replied. `I still feel a bit tired.'
 
`Why don't you go back to sleep then?' Rikou asked.
 
`I…I was thinking…About what I told you before…' Suigintou took a deep breath. `I would be a lot more powerful in the human world, if I had a medium, and those dolls seem to be after my sisters and I, so…'
 
Suigintou stared down at her hands, which were gripping the black fabric of her dress.
 
`Since you were the one that wound my spring, I have to make a contract with you.'
 
`Are you sure? I mean, it's fine with me, but you…?' Rikou stuttered.
 
`If those dolls insist on attacking us, it's for the best that I have a medium, so that I can fight in the human world.' Suigintou told Rikou.
 
`Ok, if that's good with you... So, I kiss the ring on your hand right?' Rikou asked.
 
`Yes.'
 
Suigintou held out her left hand and the ring began to glow a light purple. Rikou took her hand, and kissed the golden rose ring.
 
Instantly, he felt a searing pain on the middle finger of his left hand. He jerked his hand away from Suigintou and looked at his left middle finger. Instead of being bare, there was a gold rose ring, identical to Suigintou's on his finger.
 
`There. I'm going to go back to sleep now. Just don't try to pull it off, or your skin will come off with it.' Suigintou yawned. She tucked herself in, and rolled over to face the wall.
 
Rikou continued to stare at Suigintou a long time after she had gone to bed. He had long forgotten the original reason why he had come to his room in the first place.
 
He booted up his computer and began browsing the internet. But this time, he was not browsing anything he felt like at the time. This time, he was looking up Living Dolls, and the Rozen Maiden Legend. He already knew quite a bit about Living Dolls, but he had never paid much attention to the Rozen Maiden Legend, because he had thought it was, most likely, fake.
 
Then, something gleaming on his desk caught his eye. It was the tiny, golden object that Lyn had vomited up. Suiseseki and Souseseki had asked him to look after it, because Rina's house was a mess and she would probably loose it. He would have to ask Suigintou about it in the morning.
 
Suigintou had not gone to sleep. Under the covers, she stared at her medium's ring. Instead of coming and going, like it usually did when she had no medium, it was now solid and had not left her since she had formed the contract. She held the ring near her lips and smiled. Perhaps the day had not been such a bad day after all.
 
----------------
A/N
Now that all the pieces have been set in place, let's see how the game will be played!
 
In other words, I have finished setting things up. This is when things begin to get interesting. I have a few things to say about this chapter.
 
Firstly, I hope that Lyn vomiting the golden object up wasn't too disgusting…But the slug was killed, so that would be OK, right?
 
Secondly, due to the fact I have gone back to school, chapter updates may be slower than they were in the holidays. But they will still happen! I will try to update as much as my schooling life lets me.