Rozen Maiden Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of Something Better ❯ Together We Stand Divided ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rozen Maiden. I do, however, own Rikou Daijima, Mirien Daijima, Anira Hanagami/ Rina A. Gamihana, Morielta, Scylla, Lyn, the `Master' and the personality of Joenna.
 
Chapter 18
Suigintou opened the lid of her case, and spent a few moments taking in the new morning light that streamed through the open window. Today was the day that the four dolls had decided to show for the battle. For everyone else, this day was just another regular Friday, a day to finish the week and get ready for the weekend ahead.
 
Suigintou floated to the window, opened it, and sat on the window ledge with her head against the frame. She had gotten into the habit of doing this every morning at Rina's house, and she rather enjoyed the few minutes of peace she got before the other not-so-quiet members of the household woke up.
 
`Ahhh, good morning Suigintou ~desu…' Suiseseki said with a yawn, as she lifted the lid of her case.
 
`Speak of the devil…' Suigintou mumbled.
 
`Pardon?'
 
`Good morning Suiseseki.' Suigintou said dully, in order to cover up what she had just said.
 
`Well, you don't seem very energetic this morning!' Suiseseki pouted. `Especially since we're going to need every bit of energy we need to defeat those evil dolls today ~desu!'
 
Rina yawned, and then sat up in bed. `Good morning Suigintou and Suiseseki.'
 
`Good morning.' The two Rozen Maiden's said, almost in perfect synch.
 
`You're going to that thing today, aren't you?' Rina said sadly. `Well, I'll have to go cook you something to eat! You can't go out to battle on an empty stomach!'
 
Rina got out of bed and headed out the room. Suiseseki turned back to Suigintou, who had not moved a muscle since she had woken up. She smiled a devious smile, as she stared at Suigintou's back.
 
Suddenly, Suigintou was embraced very tightly, and then pulled off the windowsill and into the room. Suigintou fell backwards, and luckily enough, the bed cushioned her fall. Suigintou turned to the side and saw Suiseseki lying next to her, with her arms wrapped around Suigintou's shoulders.
 
Then, Suigintou heard another case open. She looked to her side, and saw Joenna emerge from her case.
 
`Suigintou, why is Suiseseki hugging you?' Joenna asked.
 
`Well, to tell you the truth, I don't really…'
 
Joenna suddenly ran over to Suigintou and hugged her very tightly around the waist.
 
`If Suiseseki is hugging you, I wanna hug you too!' Joenna said.
 
Joenna began crying into Suigintou's waist. Suiseseki followed suit shortly afterwards, and also began crying into her shoulder.
 
Suigintou tried to loosen the grip of at least one of the dolls, but she was stuck. Suigintou heard the last remaining case open with a `click'.
 
`Good morning…' Souseseki said sleepily, before noticing the scene in front of her. `W…What's going on?'
 
All Souseseki could see, was that Joenna and Suiseseki were hugging Suigintou very tightly, and both of them were half-crying, half-screaming. Suigintou turned to look at the very confused Souseseki.
 
`Oh, help me…' Suigintou said sarcastically.
 
`Suigintou, how in the world do you manage to get yourself into these sorts of situations.' Souseseki said with a sigh.
 
Luckily for Suigintou, a few seconds later, Rina yelled an important announcement from the downstairs kitchen.
 
`Hey, I'm cooking pancakes, and they're almost ready! You better come down and get some before I eat them all!' Rina yelled from downstairs.
 
Well, the announcement was important enough to get the smaller dolls to separate from Suigintou. Almost instantly, Joenna and Suiseseki detached themselves from Suigintou, and proceeded to go out the room and down the stairs.
 
When Suigintou finally got the chance to sit up, she ended up rolling off the side of the bed and onto the floor.
 
`Don't beat yourself up. We do have a battle to fight today.' Souseseki stated.
 
`I'm not trying to, I just tend to be squished by those two on a regular basis via death hug!' Suigintou said, as she stood up and brushed the dust off her skirt.
 
Souseseki left the room for breakfast, and was followed shortly after by Suigintou.
 
As Suigintou left Rina's room, a horrible thought popped into her mind. `What happens if the battle takes a turn for the worst? Will things be the same, for us and the people around us?'
 
Suigintou pushed this thought to one side, and continued her walk to the kitchen. After all, if this was to be the last meal that she would ever have, she wanted to enjoy it.
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
`Are we all ready?' Souseseki asked, as the other three dolls gathered around the mirror.
 
`We've been ready all morning, I don't think there is a possible way that we could be more ready then we are right now.' Suigintou said sarcastically.
 
`OF COURSE I AM ~DESU!' Suiseseki yelled. `Those idiots should be punished for what they've done ~desu!'
 
`I'm a bit nervous…' Joenna mumbled.
 
`Now isn't the time for being nervous, Joenna.' Suigintou said firmly.
 
Joenna clung to Suigintou's arm, and Suigintou sighed. `Children like that never grow up…'
 
`In fact, I'm shocked that they actually agreed to let her come ~desu!' Suiseseki said.
 
`They may be up to something, so we need to keep an eye out for any suspicious behaviour while we are there.' Souseseki opened the portal to the address that was listed on the paper. `I'll go first.'
 
Souseseki disappeared into the portal, and was followed by Suiseseki, then Suigintou and Joenna.
 
The four of them landed in a fountain in the middle of a courtyard. They were careful enough not to get wet when they jumped out the portal and onto the gravel near the fountain. The courtyard was very large, and was in the centre of a large mansion.
 
`We came!' Souseseki yelled, as she summoned her shears.
 
Souseseki's yell echoed several times, and eventually faded away.
 
`Maybe they aren't expecting us ~desu…' Suiseseki said.
 
Suddenly a column of black sludge appeared and collided with Suigintou. The black column rammed into one of the brick walls that held up the building, and went straight through the wall. The black sludge then formed a replacement wall, and morphed it's appearance to imitate the wall that had been there before.
 
Suigintou tried to stand, but found that she could barely move.
 
`Well, this is a bad way to start a battle…' Suigintou thought, as she tried to move. She found she could not as something was crushing her lower half.
 
Suigintou suspected that this was part of the original brick wall, and she tried to move it. She found the weight of the thing that was crushing her too great, and after being flung through two brick walls, she felt a bit dizzy.
 
`Do you feel tired Suigintou? I know a few ways that I could put you to sleep forever.'
 
`That voice again.' Suigintou thought to herself. `Of all times to come out, why now?'
 
`Because my time is close…So close…'
 
`What do you want? Why me?' Suigintou yelled.
 
`No cheating Suigintou! You will see in time! I can feel it coming… Now be a good girl and go to sleep for me…'
 
`No!' Suigintou yelled. `Never! I won't…I won't go…to…sle…
 
As Suigintou slipped into unconsciousness, she thought she could hear footsteps in the distance coming slowly towards her…
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
The three remaining dolls were flung into battle only seconds after the column collided with the wall.
 
`SUIGINTOU!' Souseseki yelled and she turned in the direction that the column had gone in. Morielta appeared with her scythe pointed at Souseseki's neck.
 
`I would not worry about her. You won't be seeing her in a while…' Morielta snickered.
 
`I wouldn't bet on it!' Souseseki yelled, running at Morielta with her shears in front of her. As the two weapons clashed, Suiseseki summoned her watering can.
 
`Not so fast, dear.' Suiseseki heard a voice from behind her. She turned, and saw a snake curl around her neck.
 
Suiseseki screamed, and a huge tree sprouted from the ground, wrapping around the snake and constricting until it broke into two.
 
Suiseseki looked around the tree and saw Scylla standing with one hand on her hip, and the other hand up in the air. The snake that she had just cut in half heal itself, and Scylla ran forward to strike Suiseseki.
 
Joenna still stood on the ground near the fountain observing the two battles in front of her. She had summoned a whip, with a clear handle and a long black strip of leather. The four participants of the battles around her did not seem to notice her.
 
Then Joenna realised; there was supposed to be three opposing dolls, but there was only two.
 
`Where is the other one?' Joenna thought to herself.
 
Joenna, being careful to watch her back in case one of the other dolls attacked her, began looking around in order to find the missing doll, before it attacked her.
 
After looking around the places closest to the battle, she finally found a blonde doll leaning up against a hallway wall. Although where the blonde doll stood was out of sight to the current battles in the courtyard, Joenna could still hear what was going on outside.
 
`Hey, you!' Joenna yelled, holding her whip out in front of her. `Are you the third doll?'
 
`What?' the blonde doll said unenthusiastically.
 
`The battle is supposed to have three dolls. Are you the other one who is supposed to be fighting?' Joenna asked.
 
`I guess so.' The blonde doll replied.
 
`Then why aren't you?' Joenna asked. `If you want to catch the Rozen Maiden's that badly, then why aren't you?'
 
`I'm not sure I want to anymore.' The blonde doll shrugged. `This is where my choices have lead me, so I need to stick with them, to make sure that nothing else goes wrong.'
 
Joenna had no idea what the blonde doll was talking about. `She's a bit unusual, for an evil doll.' Joenna thought.
 
The blonde doll looked directly at Joenna. `You know the black angel?'
 
`Yes.'
 
`Well, go down this hallway, take the first left, go down the other hallway, take the second right, go up a flight of stairs, go down another hallway, then go through the door on the very end of the hall, and you'll find two doors. Go through the one on the right, and you'll find the black angel. Did you get that?'
 
`First left, second right, up stairs, door at end of the hallway, right hand door. Got it!' Joenna ran past the blonde doll. Her run slowed to a walk, and she slowly stopped. She turned back to the blonde doll.
 
`Why are you helping me?' Joenna asked.
 
`Because, what he is going to do is wrong. I don't want anyone else to be hurt the way I was.'
 
Joenna stared at the doll for a few seconds, then continued her run down the hall.
 
`Now that I have distracted the third party…' Lyn looked down the other end of the hall. `I need to get going if I want to be successful...'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
`Where did Joenna go?' Souseseki yelled at Suiseseki, while dodging another column of slime that was thrown at her by Morielta.
 
Suiseseki looked down at the ground, and saw that Joenna was no where to be seen. `Damn her ~desu! How dare she run away ~desu!'
 
`You should have followed her lead and ran away with her!' Scylla yelled, as the four snakes on her right hand grew to an incredible length and attempted to wrap around Suiseseki.
 
`No way!' Suiseseki yelled, as another tree sprouted from the ground, aimed at Scylla. `I'm not a coward like her ~desu!'
 
Scylla stepped to the side and dodged the tree. `That does remind me…Where did that Lyn go?'
 
`Hey, Morielta, where did Lyn go?' Scylla yelled at her sister.
 
Morielta's column of sludge wrapped around Souseseki's ankle, and flung her against one of the four walls.
 
`My guess is that she, and the living doll they call `Joenna' are battling inside the house.' Morielta yelled back.
 
Souseseki emerged from the brick wall, and jumped back up into the air. By this time, Souseseki's top hat was missing and there were rips all over Souseseki's outfit. Suiseseki had some rips in her outfit, but not as many as Souseseki, and her bonnet was slanted.
 
`Well, Lyn better be taking care of that other one.' Scylla said to herself. ` If not, I don't know what in the world she could be doing.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
Lyn ran down the hallway, and into the room where Shinku was being kept.
 
`Hey, Shinku!' Lyn yelled.
 
Shinku opened her eyes and stared at Lyn. `What is it.'
 
`They're battling now!' Lyn said frantically.
 
`Now?'
 
`Yes, NOW!'
 
Lyn grabbed the device that was attached to Shinku's arm. She fiddled with it for a few seconds, until it finally came off.
 
`Come on, we need to go now!' Lyn said.
 
`Where to?' Shinku asked.
 
`Anywhere, just as long as it isn't here!' Lyn replied.
 
Lyn grabbed Shinku's wrist and pulled Shinku out the door.
 
`What happens if we get caught?' Shinku asked.
 
`My Master is no longer my Master, so he has no control over me anymore!' Lyn said, as she pulled Shinku down hallway after hallway and down a flight of stairs.
 
`No, I meant, what happens if we get caught in the battle?' Shinku asked. `Your sisters will kill you!'
 
`We'll just have to avoid them then.' Lyn said with a smirk.
 
Lyn knew she only had to endure the stares of the lifeless dolls in the many hallways that they were travelling down for the very last time. She silently said her goodbyes to them, and continued running with Shinku down the hallway.
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
Suigintou slowly opened her eyes. `How long have I been out for?' she thought to herself, as she struggled to move.
 
Then Suigintou figured out why moving was so hard. Her wrists were chained together, and were attached to something above her head. She could not feel her wings at all.
 
She could feel that she wasn't sitting on anything soft. When her sight adjusted, Suigintou saw that she was sitting on a wooden floor, and that her hands were chained to something sticking out of the wall above her head. She could see she was sitting in some sort of office, and there were bookshelves filled with papers all around her.
 
Suigintou banged the back of her head against the wall in her frustration, and grumbled when she felt pain in the back of her head.
 
`Finally awake? That's good to hear…'
 
Suigintou turned to her side and saw a man sitting on a desk chair at a desk. He wasn't facing her, and instead was concentrating on some papers in front of him on the desk.
 
`Who are you?' Suigintou asked him.
 
`I am…' The man stopped and thought for a few seconds. `You could say I am the man that the Advanced dolls call `Master'.
 
`So, you're the Master…' Suigintou said. `Where are my sisters?'
 
`I believe they are still battling with the Advanced dolls.' The Master said. `You have been unconscious for about half an hour.'
 
`Has my medium been returned?' Suigintou asked.
 
`The boy? Yes, Scylla took him back to his apartment when we felt your presence here.' The Master replied.
 
`At least Rikou is safe…' Suigintou thought to herself.
 
`I'm not going to waste anytime, and seeing as my study is done, I think I should get started.'
 
`Get started? With what?' Suigintou had no clue what this man was going to do too her, but what ever it was did not sound nice, and she would not allow it. `Tell me, what am I here for? What are you going to do to me?'
 
The Master stood up from the desk chair, and turned to face Suigintou.
 
Suigintou gasped as she saw the man's face. She instantly recognised him, and she felt an intense anger bubble up from inside her soul.
 
`You…' Suigintou seethed.
 
`It's good to see you remember me…Suigintou.'
 
o:o:o:o:o:o:o
 
A/N
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH. OOOOOOOOOHHHHH. This chapter was very hard to write. I'm not sure why, it just was. This chapter is shorter than the previous long ones, but I decided to leave it where I decided to end it, because the revealy PLOT sorts of things happen next chapter. Next chapter, all will be revealed!
 
This chapter was also delayed a bit, because of a scary incident involving a Suigintou pullip, that was very, very frightening. Pretty much, for about five seconds, my Suigintou pullips eyes flashed a bright flureoescent red, and I just bolted! I stayed away from anything Rozen Maiden for the rest of the Saturday and Sunday morning[not including my cosplay, but I couldn't help that!].