Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ A Romantic Evening? ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

A Romantic Evening?
 
Disclaimer: In no way whatsoever, do I own Rurouni Kenshin.
 
Kaoru sighed happily as she watched Yahiko head off with Sano for an overnight fishing trip at a spot about six hours away from the dojo. She was about to head back inside the house when she felt two strong arms slide around her waist. She leaned her head back and rested it against her lover's shoulder.
 
“It seems nice to have the dojo to ourselves for a while, ne?” Kenshin whispered in her ear. “It would seem like such a shame to waste it, de gozaru.”
 
“What do you have in mind, Kenshin?” She asked as she turned to face him.
 
“Sessha was thinking of a romantic evening. We haven't had one of those since we were newly-weds. Sessha could make your favorite dinner tonight. Then tonight we can fall asleep in each others arms, de gozaru.”
 
“Mm. Sounds like a good idea to me. Is there anything I can do to help?” she offered as she kissed his cheek.
 
Kenshin shook his head. “Iie, Kaoru-koishii, there's not much that needs to be done. Why don't you relax a bit? Sessha'll let you know when dinner's ready.”
 
“Alright.” Kaoru said. “I think I'll change.” She tugged a bit on her training clothes.
 
“Alright.” Kenshin replied as he headed into the kitchen.
 
A few minutes later, she came out wearing her brand new blue kimono. “What do you think, Kenshin?” She asked modeling it for him.
 
Kenshin smiled. “It looks wonderful on you, de gozaru.” He said as he walked up to her and kissed her gently.
 
“Kaoru!” Tae came running into the kitchen. “Kaoru! I need your help! Tsubame can't come in today and Yahiko's already gone. Please Kaoru!”
 
“What's wrong, Tae-san?” Kaoru asked.
 
“We're so busy. We need help! I was lucky enough to get away to get you.” Tae-san pleaded.
 
Kaoru cast a quick glance at Kenshin then followed her friend. “I'll be back later, Kenshin.” She called as she left.
 
“Dinner should be ready by the time you return.” He called as she left.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A couple hours later, Kaoru returned. “Tadaima! Kenshin?” She called as she walked to the kitchen. “Kenshin? Are you here?”
 
“Sessha's right here.” Kenshin answered as he came in the kitchen. “You're just in time, koishii, Sessha just finished dinner. Sessha started dinner later so that it would be warm when you got home de gozaru. How were things at the Akebeko?”
 
“Pretty busy.” Kaoru said as she followed Kenshin to the dinning room and sat at the table. “Arigato, Kenshin.” She said as he poured her some tea. “It looks good, Kenshin.” She said surveying the food before her.
 
“Arigato, Kaoru.” Kenshin smiled as he dished out food for the both of them.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After their dinner was eaten and the dishes washed, Kaoru leaned back against Kenshin as they sat on the porch watching as the sun went down.
 
“It's a beautiful sunset, ne, Kenshin?” Kaoru remarked, looking up at him.
 
“Hai, it is, de gozaru.” He said, bending down to kiss her.
 
“Himura-san!” The police chief came running to them, stopping them when their lips were just millimeters apart. “Himura-san! There you are! We need your help!”
 
“Oro? What is it?” Kenshin asked.
 
“We need you to catch another murderer.” The chief simply stated. “The murderer has been targeting members of the police force and other important figures. You're the only one who can stop him.”
 
Kenshin sighed and stood up. “Alright, it shouldn't take long, de gozaru.”
 
“Arigato, Himura-san.” The chief said.
 
“Gomen de gozaru, Kaoru. Sessha will be back.” Kenshin said just before he followed the police chief out of the dojo at a run.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kenshin returned sometime later to find Kaoru sitting in the living room, looking cross.
 
“Kaoru-koishii? Daijobu?” Kenshin asked tentatively. “Kaoru?” He walked slowly toward her. “Is something wrong?”
 
She looked at him with such fury in her eyes. Kenshin could clearly see traces of tears on her cheeks. “This is some romantic evening, ne Kenshin?” She asked him simply.
 
“Oro? Iie, it doesn't seem like it, de gozaru.” Kenshin agreed. “Hang on a minute.” He said just before he ran out of the room and out of the house. He ran to the gate to the property and made sure it was locked, and then ran back inside.
 
“This night is for us,” he said. “No one is going to interrupt us tonight.” He pulled his wife to her feet and kissed her gently. “Sessha doesn't know about you, but Sessha's been waiting all evening just to do that.” He whispered softly.
 
“Anata…” she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down for another kiss.
 
Just as their lips met, Kaoru felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. Pulling back quickly, she doubled over and clutched her middle.
 
“Kaoru! What's wrong?” Kenshin asked in alarm.
 
“N-Nothing.” She said smiling. “Maybe I've just been sitting to long. Don't worry about it, Kenshin.” She straightened up and put her arms back around him.
 
“Are you sure you're alright?” Kenshin asked, worry still evident on his face. He brought his hand up and touched her face.
 
Kaoru didn't answer; instead she pulled his face down to hers and kissed him again. Just as before, as soon as their lips touched, pain shot through her middle again.
 
“Kaoru?” Kenshin called to her.
 
“Damn…damn…damn…damn.” Kaoru muttered, rubbing her stomach.
 
“Should sessha get Megumi-dono?” Kenshin asked as Kaoru sat down heavily.
 
Kaoru sighed, “I think that might be a good idea.” She said softly as she rubbed her bulging stomach. “So much for our romantic evening.”
 
Kenshin's hand soon covered hers. “Next time, we'll send the child out with someone, lock the doors and pretend like no one's home.” Kenshin stood up. “Sessha will be back.”
 
 
The End….For now
 
Please R&R!