Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Glory Of Love ❯ Glory Of Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N Another one of my songfics…

Yahiko and Tsubame had a huge argument. They were only fourteen then and there wasn't much of a chance to get them back together. Kaoru, Kenshin, and Megumi tried, but nothing worked on them. They were a hopeless case.

One day, Tsubame was walking down the dark streets of Kyoto when thugs slowly surrounded her like a pack of wolves. She tried to yell, but she knew that no one would hear her.

When she looked up, she saw one of Yahiko's old acquaintances that he had considered as an enemy. "Yahiko-kun…" she whispered in a low tone. "So na…!"

Before then men even took another step, fast unbelievable slashes were continuously seen through the dark. A young man stood through the darkness and looked up.

"It's Myojin Yahiko! Master of a thousand Shinais. Good, this will be a great match. Nice to meet you again, Yahiko-san," said one of the men.

Yahiko scowled. "Not nice to see you. Picking on a girl like that," he said in a low voice. "Daijoubu?" he asked Tsubame though not looking at her.

Tsubame nodded. "H-hai. Gomen nasai, Yahiko-kun… Olewa…"

Yahiko looked at her. "We'll talk later."

The man looked at Yahiko. "So that's why. She is your girl eh? Now I know. What about we gamble a little and fight for her eh?" he asked

"Never."

One of his men grabbed Tsubame's arm. "What am I goin' to do with `er boss?" he asked as his yellowish teeth shown through his grin.

Yahiko turned. "That's unfair!" he yelled. "Let go of her!"

"You have to fight for her first," said the man.

Yahiko took his stance without hesitation. "Let's do it."

TONIGHT'S VERY CLEAR

CAUSE WE'RE BOTH LYING HERE

"Yahiko-kun, yamero! Your wounds still hasn't healed from you last fight. Don't do it, please. Yahiko-kun!" pleaded Tsubame.

Both took off for the first start.

THERE'S SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO SAY

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Tsubame watched as the man slowly beat the daylights out of Yahiko whose wounds slowly reopened. She couldn't hold back her tears. She knew he loved her, but why did she make him think that she didn't love him?

Yahiko held his shinai panting. He could barely stand up.

I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE

SOMETIMES I JUST FORGET AND SAY THINGS I MIGHT REGRET

"Are you getting tired, Yahiko-san? I thought you'd be more of a challenge by now," the man insultingly said with a laugh.

Yahiko wiped the blood off his mouth. "I don't care whether I'm a challenge to you or not. The only thing that matters is what I'm here for."

I DON"T WANT TO LOSE YOU

I COULD NEVER MAKE IT ALONE

Tsubame and Yahiko both remembered their fight at the same time.

Yahiko frowned. "Who ever said that I loved you?" he asked Tsubame in a mean way. "I never said I did, have I? I can make it through earth without you!" he yelled.

"I hate you, Myojin Yahiko, I hate you!" yelled Tsubame as she ran out of the restaurant's door. "Why does he have to be so mean?"

I AM THE MAN WHO WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR HONOR

I AM THE HERO YOU'RE DREAMING OF

Yahiko fell to the ground and slowly picked himself up. "So na…" he whispered and then heard Tsubame crying. He smiled at her. "Iee kara, you'll be all right," he whispered.

Tsubame couldn't do anything and felt helpless seeing Yahiko like that.

WE'LL LIVE FOREVER KNOWING TOGETHER

THAT WE DID IT ALL FOR THE GLORY OF LOVE

Finally, Yahiko looked up. "Now I know what your weakness is," he said to himself and jumped up.

"Whoa!"

YOU KEEP ME STANDING TALL

YOU HELP ME THROUGH IT ALL

The man lay unconscious on the ground. The other man let go of Tsubame and fled. Tsubame ran to Yahiko a it started to rain.

I'M ALWAYS STRONG WHEN YOU'RE BESIDE ME

I HAVE ALWAYS NEEDED YOU

I COULD NEVER MAKE IT ALONE

"Daijoubu, Yahiko-kun?" Tsubame asked gently as she lifted his head a little.

Yahiko squinted his eyes. "Hai hai, I'm all right. Ie-" he coughed.

I AM THE MAN WHO WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR HONOR

I'LL BE THE HERO YOU'RE DREAMING OF

Tsubame didn't know what to do. "Gomen nasai. It's all my fault," she cried.

Yahiko smiled and wiped her tears. "Iee kara, nothing's ever your fault. I'm the one who's supposed to be sorry," he said.

WE'LL LIVE TOGETHER KNOWING TOGETHER

THAT WE DID IT ALL FOR THE GLORY OF LOVE

Sano and Kenshin came running. "Yahiko! Tsubame!" they balled called.

When they found the both of them. Sano helped carry Yahiko back to the dojo. He was even too weak to even walk. His wounds were very deep and still bleeding.

I AM A KNIGHT IN A SHINING ARMOR

FROM A LONG TIME AGO

Megumi treated the wound. "What in the world happened to you out there?" she asked as she looked at the young teenager.

Tsubame peeked from behind. "Yokata, Yahiko. Arigato…" she whispered.

JUST IN TIME I WILL SAVE THE DAY

TAKING YOU TO MY CASTLE FAR AWAY

When Yahiko finally fully healed, he and Tsubame also got back and healed their friendship and budding romance.

Yahiko looked at her. "Tsubame…Olewa…Olewa…"

WE'LL LIVE TOGETHER KNOWING TOGETHER

THAT WE DID IT ALL FOR THE GLORY OF LOVE

Before they even said another word to each other, the cool wind blew past them. The Sakura leaves flew around them. Yahiko held Tsubame close and they finally KISSED.

WE DID IT ALL FOR THE GLORY OF LOVE…

A/N Eh, what's up doc? What do ya think? Please R and R.