Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Mina Soko Ni Nemuire ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin, the characters, or anything regarding Rurouni Kenshin or Nobuhiro Watsuki. So please don't sue me! Arigatou Gozaimasu! *bows*

Chapter 1

Enishi, propped up in a tree stared downwards at the peaceful swordsman doing his laundry, while whistling a sweet tune.

"Battosai..." he whispered.

The white haired man hopped down from his leafy canopy and headed towards his enemy's domain.

*knock-knock-knock*

Enishi thought for a second.

"Damn that was stupid. Why did I just knock?"

He placed himself into proper spring position, and jumped, his white hair becoming ruffled in its mid-air, upside-down pose. His slim, but athletic body allowed him to perform such feats, unlike the average lazy peasant. Just as Enishi had landed, Kenshin Himura stared dumbfounded at the intruder, who happened to be wearing a smirk on his face.

"Enishi! What are you doing here?!" Kenshin blurted out.

The former Battosai began to grab hold of his reverse-blade sword knowing that Enishi was a sign of danger. The white haired man took note of that and held his blade sheathe, but wanting to play with his opponent a bit turned his heels and ran for the dojo. Kenshin noticing his direction decided to warn the others.

"Miss Kaoru! Yahiko! Sanosuke! Enishi's here, be careful!" called Kenshin.

The red head dug his feet into the ground and pushed himself to give him a good running start. His speed continued to increase as he passed Kaoru and Yahiko and turned the corner. Kenshin continued to minimize the distance between him and Enishi. The white haired man suddenly stopped in his tracks leaving Kenshin speeding up until he crashed into Enishi. Both swordsmen fell to the ground and tumbled into a wall with Kenshin yelling "Oro!" Yahiko and Sanosuke rushed to aid Kenshin but stopped in utter surprise that the white haired man was lying in a heap next to the Battosai.

"Kenshin! Are you okay?" Yahiko asked.

"Oro..." Kenshin replied seeing stars above his head.

"Erghh...my head," said Enishi slowly getting up from his entangled position.

Sanosuke immediately confiscated Enishi from Kenshin. The white haired man, still clutching his sword, spun out of Sanosuke's clutches, unsheathed his sword, and held the tip of the blade against the fighter's neck.

"What do you want?!" Kaoru asked, "Why are you here?"

"Well, now that I have your attention, I have a favor I need you to do. And this includes Himura over there." Enishi said softly.

"And why should we do what you want?!" Yahiko yelled.

"Because I'm the one with Sanosuke here." said Enishi.

Complete and utter silence...

"Sanosuke Sagara?" Enishi asked.

Complete and utter silence...

"Hey! Doesn't anyone care about my safety here?!" Sanosuke blurted.

"Umm...no..." everyone muttered.

"Seems that they don't want you chicken-head." Enishi scoffed.

With lighting-fast movements, Kenshin clicked his sword from his sheathe and attacked Enishi headfirst. The white haired man, noticing this turn of events, placed Sanosuke in front of him, acting as a shield. The red head swordsman stopped his attack abruptly.

"I see that someone cares about you, Sagara. Well Himura. Tell me. Will you help me?" Enishi asked.

Kenshin stopped and thought hard about this.

"If we don't do as he says, Sanosuke may end up hurt. But should we involve ourselves with a man such as this?"

The white haired man bonked Kenshin on the head lightly.

"Well?" asked Enishi.

End Chapter 1...