Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Tears ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey Minna! This is an old fic that I started a long time ago. I was wondering if I should continue this fic. I am not really sure if everybody would like it, but it could possibly lead to a SanoxKaoru fic. I am not sure, but I hope you enjoy this little prologue and review, email, or some nice comments that could help me write better. Anyway, please enjoy my fic and on with the prologue. Disclaimer (can't forget that*sigh*): I don't and never will own Rurouni Kenshin! *day dreams* I wish I did though so I could own Sano...*drools*.*stops spacing out* Anyway, please don't sue because I don't even have enough money to buy a Rurouni Kenshin DVD.Thank you and on with the prologue
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------- -----
Kaoru sat under the moonlit night. Tears graced her face falling down like tiny waterfalls. Why had she been so foolish to believe that he would stay? He had always said that he would have to return to wandering again, but she never knew he would leave so soon.
 
~Flashback~
 
Kaoru had woken up earlier in the morning then usual, earlier as in means to the crack of dawn. Sanosuke and Yahiko were still sleeping. "Lazy heads," she thought to herself as she went to the kitchen to quote on quote, "try" to make breakfast. Something was bugging her that morning though, something unusual. Goosebumps scaled her arms at this unusual feeling, but she just shook it off.
 
When Kaoru walked into the kitchen, the unusual feeling came back to her. Again she shook it off, and started to make breakfast. She didn't notice the white crisp piece of paper sitting on the table, the paper that contained the note that would change her life forever.
 
~2 hours later, along with burnt breakfast food~
 
Billows of black smoke hung around the kitchen as it was set slightly ablaze by Kaoru's attempts of "cooking." As Kaoru tried containing the small fire she had made, she spotted the note. Forgetting about the now smoldering fire, Kaoru looked nervously at the crisp white paper on the table. The unusual feeling came back to her once again as she quickly grabbed the note from the Japanese-styled table. As she read the note, puddles of lost hope spotted on the unnerving note.
 
Kaoru-dono, Please forgive Sessha for doing this, but Sessha felt Sessha should do this. Remember Sessha is a rurouni, and it's time Sessha should start wandering again. Please do not come looking for Sessha, Sessha will be fine. Just remember Sessha will always be there to protect you, and Sessha will return. Sessha promises. Thank you Kaoru-dono for everything, and Sessha will see you again one day. -------Kenshin Himura
 
The note struck Kaoru's heart like a lightning bolt. She sat there in shock, not believing the note. Finally realization hit her like a slap across the face. Kenshin was gone! HER Kenshin was gone! At this though, Kaoru fell to the floor into a heap of bones. She cried her heart and soul out until Sanosuke and Yahiko were awakened by her heart- wrenching cries.
Sanosuke ran up to Kaoru, and enveloped her into a loving and comforting hug. He looked at her tear-stained face and asked, "What's the matter, Jou-chan?" Sapphire-colored eyes looked into honey-chocolate brown eyes and she could only manage to mumble one word off her twisted and confused tongue. Kenshin......
 
~End Flashback~
 
That was the night that changed all their lives. Yahiko had become withdrawn, but tried to stay cheerful for Kaoru. Sanosuke had been enraged by Kenshin's act and was severely disappointed at Kenshin and was mad that he hurt Jou-chan. Then there was Kaoru...Kaoru...she was the most affected by it all. She cried all day and barely came out of her room.
 
She had lost her Kenshin....and a part of herself too.... Kaoru sighed as she finished crying. How she wished he would come back. "Please Kenshin, come back to us...to me...we need you...I need you..." she said sadly to the luscious full moon, her tears shining in its glowing light. She sighed again, wiped her tears away, and headed to bed. She didn't see the chocolate-brown eyes that were watching her flash with an unknown emotion and then look away.