Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 18

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN:  hi guys! Ok Sessha3 has very kindly offered to proof read my chapters before they come out, so It’s going to have a delay before coming out from now on sorry about that guys! ^_^  I’m also starting next chap going to try to post only once a day a four page chap instead of the 2 times a day 2 page chaps we’ll see how that goes ^_^ still playing catch up on missed chappys but I’m working on it I know what I owe you guys. ^_^ as far as reviews go I’m going to respond to them in chapter 19 sorry. ^_^ see you next chap. (when Sessha gets the pre-read copy back to me I’ll switch this one unedited version with the new one.)

 

Disclaimer: I don’t own RK

 

Chapter 18:

            Hannya looked at the Battousai warily, after all, he had managed to beat both Hyottoko, and Beshimi, and weather he wanted to admit it or not, Battousai’s girl had hit him quite hard…

            So he wasn’t at full fighting capacity…. “Aa I’m just her to retrieve our wounded… but I can promise you we will fight later.”

            Kenshin just gave a curt nod signaling Hannya to go fetch his helpless companions.

            Hannya didn’t even hesitate as he scooped up the two dead weights and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             Kaoru could hear her heart thudding in her chest as she ran closer to the well. ‘I’ve got to get that water… Hang on Sano, please don’t die I’m coming!’

            The tree continued to burn as the flames began to lick the sky acting as a torch among the chaos.

            ; Kaoru finally reached the well; quickly she dropped the bucket in, grabbing a hold of the rope. A few seconds later a splash signaled the fact that she could now pull up the water...

            Quickly she tightened her on the rope and pulled. The bucket below slowly edged it’s way up…

          &n bsp; Straining her arm muscles she gritted her teeth against the weight, ‘Kenshin normally does this for me…’ she thought bitterly when she realized how much longer this was going to take due to her idleness.

          &n bsp; As the bucket climbed closer to the top a loud crack rang out as the fire snapped the tree and sent it hurtling towards the well…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

       &n bsp;    Yahiko had finally reached Dr. Genza’s, and was able to take a few quick breaths to try and clam his raging heart as Dr. Genza fulfilled the prescription. Even though he had ran all the way from the dojo non-stop he hoped he’d make it back in time to help Sano.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       &nb sp;    Kenshin watched Hannya until he was completely out of sight before turning his attention to the fire, not much of the dojo was left untouched, but he had to find some way to stop it, now. As he racked his mind for an answer a loud crack filled the air. Turning his head he took in the situation with growing alarm, there was a very large tree that had cracked by the stump and was falling towards the well, right where Kaoru was standing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             Kaoru’s eyes widened as she glimpsed the tree coming closer, there would be no way to doge it in time and get the water…

           ;  Not wasting another second she started to pull even harder, but the rope caught on the side of the well. The bucket was almost in reach, holding the rope taught with one hand she leaned over to try and grasp the handle, her fingers just brushed against it when the air whizzed around her and a crash resounded throughout the dojo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~