Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ What Went Before ❯ Terrible Lie ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-

Kenshin: Sessha is afraid of Oni-dono, so sessha swears on his Sakabatou he won't let her buy RuoKen.

Neko Oni: *Mad jumping up and down, occasional bangs, and thumps*

Kenshin: *Inches away* Sessha repeats, Neko Oni-dono does not own him.

*

Filler chapter alert! There are subtle hints regarding the plot if you look real closely, but other than that, your gonna have to figure it out.

Warning- Umm, do I really need to put a warning in this story? Well, probably for later chapters. Yeah, most likely. So, watch out for boxes, and mean machines in this chapter.

*

What Went Before

Chapter IV- Terrible Lie

Life in the beginning was not bad. No one complained or griped, it was to simple of an existence. Yet, with one idea, it turned for the worse. At home there was a family, mom, dad, brother and even an adorable sister who faithfully followed behind. The town was quiet, neighbors were friendly, and dad even boxed on the side for extra money --Pop was an idol in younger years. Everything was fine. Then came the idea. Join the local movement to better society, only to have the dream stomped out in the end. They were betrayed, set up, and left to take the blame. Small time gangs took it upon their hands to have it settled discreetly, by silencing most of the movement.

Sanosuke managed to come out alive, only to be left alone and angry.

He was still a young kid, barely in his teens, when he met the Kamiya family, befriending their daughter. Small time Yakuza member had been a temporary job, thief, crook, gang member, what ever you wanted to call it, he had been it. But Kaoru was always there, holding out her hand to lead him back, back to her home and life. A couple weeks later, back on his feet, he would just be out doing it again, and Kaoru would always be waiting for his lapse. It grew into a tiresome cycle of crime and destruction, but Kaoru was always there, ready to help him, always full of hope.

After many loops in the circle he finally realized the downfall, and eventually stopped. That's when Kaoru's life took a turn, painfully similar to his own luck. When she offered a chance for America, he jumped on it immediately. Kaoru's recovery was slow, and he could be by her side making sure she did not trip, just as she had done for him, countless times before.

The first year in America was irritating. English lessons five days a week, job skill courses, college credits needed, but he strove through. The second year was great, Kaoru looked happier, the English language was easy, and school, sometimes, was not so bad. He would stay in school as long as it kept him in the States. Only a routine circle of crime waited for him in Japan.

She was better and safe.

The acknowledgment of such thought was only greatened when he tightened his hold around her waist. Everytime she went out with him he watched her like a hawk. Kaoru was a pretty girl, and guys were deceiving. College men were the worst, especially when there was a beer in their hands --even if they were considered friends. He watched them eye her the whole night, and when she finally decided to crash, it was time for him to step in gear. Having her sleep in a room alone --with drunken men lurking about-- was not the greatest of predicaments. So, when it was time for him to slow down he crawled on Kaoru's bed, making sure no one else touched her but him. It was something he had done countless times before --her well being was the most important thing to him.

Everything they did for each other had been done countless times before.

It was time to wake up when the sun finally evaded his sleep, whether he liked it or not. Kaoru was still curled in a ball, oblivious to the notion of the hour, resting on his side. There was just a slow thudding in the back of his head, not the worst hangover he ever had. He with drew his arm from her and stretched, after sleeping it off he did not feel so bad. Sanosuke slowly turned his body, getting out of bed. He yawned and made his way to the door, stumbling along as he went.

"Where'd Himura go?"

Sano silently cursed himself, turning to see an awakened Kaoru. His attempt to not wake her failed, as usual. "Don't know. He woke me up when it was still dark out, and said he had to go somewhere."

"Oh." Kaoru yawned, burying herself farther into the tangled sheets and pillows. "Can you get me somethin' to drink?"

Sano smiled, she was never a morning person like him --or was it the afternoon right now? "'Course, your majesty."

"Very funny." Kaoru lifted a hand, waving him off. "Now go fetch."

After each of them brushed off their dull attempts at criticism, Sano went into the kitchen just as she requested. Earlier in the morning Ken had done the same for her, and even brought medication. She was grateful; it did help the alcohol-induced headache. After drinking the cold cup of water he brought to her, she remembered drifting off to sleep again. Ken must of left after that early in the dawn.

*

"Yes?"

"This is Himura."

"Did everything arrive?"

"Hai."

"Do you need anything else?"

"No."

"Good."

The phone line went dead.

Kenshin clicked the phone shut and slipped it into his front pocket. The phone itself was the newest, smallest model anyone could buy. Most importantly, it was a new line, and no one could track the calls --One of the best precautions for someone who does not want to be found.

"Mr. Himura?"

Racking a hand through his hair, Kenshin turned, facing the attendant who called him. "Yes?"

The young attendant spotted the customer and rolled the cart he was pushing towards the door. "Where would you like these?"

"In my car." Kenshin eyed all the packages, making sure they were all there and in order. Then led the way to his car he had just picked up earlier that day.

Everything had been sent the way he wanted it too. Even the new phone arrived in a small discreet package. He went to the nearest package pickup to collect them; the items were even addressed to the place, not to his new apartment. Some of the things delivered were too important to be matched to the address of his residence. They were not typical things a college student should own, or for that matter, even know how to use.

This was his last stop for the day. Everything was now collected.

Everything was set in motion.

*

It was later in the evening, around sunset. Artifacts of the party had been cleaned, and everything was back to normal appearances. Kaoru sat on her sofa, stretched out, reading a schoolbook. Sano was on the floor, leaning against the couch watching CNN. It was odd, but the news channel was his favorite one, he always liked to know what was going on in the world. Besides, there was never anything on before primetime television. Even then, it was a lame choice between American Idol, or the movie of the week. Neither were a suitable choice in his opinion, it was a cue nights were better spent out.

Kaoru sighed in boredom, and Sanosuke laughed at her attempts to get ahead in school, the academic year had not even started yet. "I don't understand you."

She sighed again, placing the book face down on her chest, and wrinkling her nose when the smell of schoolhouses wafted into her senses. "I didn't do anything remotely intellectual all summer."

Sano clicked back in forth through the channels like he was playing a game, trying to decide whether he should watch CNN, or CNN Headline News. "So?"

"So, I'm starting to feel dumb, that's why I'm studying." Kaoru turned her attention to the television screen. Sano's habit of watching the news was nothing new to her, but it was just plain odd. People like him usually watched MTV, or some sports channel. "What's the difference between the two? It's the same network."

Sano shrugged. "They don't got Larry King on Headline News."

Kaoru blinked, "Umm, okay . . .?"

Sano just shrugged again, no one would understand the difference if they never watched the two channels in the first place. Kaoru picked her book up again just as a jangling noise came from the apartment door. They turned their heads to see Ken slowly crawling through, with numerous packages in hand.

"Need any help?" Sano thought the kid was going to fall over with the overweight looking bundles he was holding. The only reason they knew it was Ken to begin with was because of red hair sticking out over the top --and he had an apartment key. But then again, Misao had one too.

"Sure." Kenshin unceremoniously dumped the contents to the floor, and swiveled around to shut the door. "But in minute."

"I heard you didn't get much sleep last night." Sanosuke watched as Ken walked across the room, shrugging at his question. Not much conversation had taken place between the two, and it seemed Kaoru was right about him not being a `talker'. A closer inspection at the small boy revealed dark circles under his eyes --Kaoru was right again about him. She said he probably didn't sleep at all last night. "You look really tired, roomy."

Kaoru peeked up over the edge of her book, getting a better view. "You look awful."

Isn't she the sweet one?

"Thanks." He sat on the couch, lifting Kaoru's legs out of the way, then placing them back on his lap so she could remain in the same position. Kaoru made a small sound of protest, but Kenshin was not about to argue --especially after her lovely comment. "I'm use to not having lots of sleep."

"Yeah, well, she's right --You look like crap." Sano snickered when an irritated look crossed Ken's face, but nothing further was said, he just proceeded to close his eyes and rest. Sano went back to flipping through the news channels. It seemed their new roommate was not shy at least, just painfully quiet.

Kaoru, on the other hand, was a little reluctant about using Ken as a footstool. She slowly withdrew her legs, placing them around Sano's shoulders instead. He was always the perfect pillow. "Sano, just choose a channel already."

"Hey!" Sano used the television clicker as weapon while swatting at her legs, that were draped oh-so-casually on top of him. "Do you mind?"

"Nope." In return she squeezed her knees together, catching his head in between. "Now sit still, other wise I'll be uncomfortable."

Mumbling a few indistinguishable words under his breath in Japanese, Sano shifted into a more desirable position, still channel surfing. Kaoru leaned back into the sofa, returning to her book. The on going video channel game finally ceased when a News report gained his attention. It was a segment about gang crimes in Asia, a subject that hit close to home in Sano's case. "Bunch of idiots."

Ken cracked an eye open to see what caused Sano's mumbling. Kaoru disregarded his curse, and continued to read, it was a touchy subject neither of them wanted to get into. Whenever they talked about his days in the Yakuza he usually ended the conservation by walking away angry.

Kenshin finally caught the gist of the report, and abruptly stood, starting for the door. "I'll be right back."

The other two blinked. One minute the red head was sitting quietly on the sofa, in the next moment he was making a beeline for the door, rather quickly. Sano remembered his promise of help earlier and clamored to his feet. "Still want help?"

"Sure." Ken nodded as Sanosuke followed, leaving Kaoru to her reading. He was more than enough help to move a couple of boxes.

Shutting the door behind him, Sano headed for the steps that would take them to the parking lot. "I was starting to wonder if you even owned any stuff."

Ken shrugged, hopping down the metal steps, making clinking noises as he went. "I had it all sent from home, not much though."

When Ken arrived by taxi he only brought a backpack --the one shoulder strap type-- and a skateboard. Evidently, Ken had gone out earlier in the day, while they were still asleep to collect the rest of his belongings. It also appeared he was set up with a ride now too.

"Which one is it?"

"The black one."

Walking ahead of Ken in the parking lot, Sano spotted the car, and started walking towards it. It was an early nineties Toyota, an average car for a college student.

"It's the other black one, Sano."

Sano turned in the direction Ken was heading and stopped. To put it simply, he was stupefied.

"Shit."

Kenshin coolly strolled over to a black coloured work of art. He fished the keys out of his pocket, and slid one into the trunk lock. Sano starred at the car as a thought passed through his mind --Who the hell was Himura Kenshin to own such a car?

Further interrogation with the new roommate was in order.

A tuxedo black, 1969 Chevy Camaro, complete with red strips graced Sano's presence. He felt the need to drool.

And he kind of did.

"How the fuck, did you get that?"

Kenshin shrugged casually, he seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. "I've got a rich uncle."

"Che, I wish I had one of those --meanin' both."

Never knowing your uncle could qualify his lie as the truth, for all he knew, he might actually have a rich uncle somewhere. Kenshin could live in an average apartment with a roommate, dress down his appearance, and live the normal life no problem. It was all for the sake of covering his tracks.

His car was different. He needed it to be fast, dependable, and most importantly, cool. Kenshin smirked --that is exactly what he got this time.

"I don't like the strips, I think they were added recently." Ken dug through the boxes in his trunk. Most of them were full of clothes, shoes, and everyday life stuff. He handed a couple to Sanosuke, while he searched for the two he intended on carrying himself. The search ended when he found the dual white packages, they contained items Kenshin had carried around for most of his working life.

Practically dancing in place, Sano easily mustered a giddy smile. "Ken, your going to let me drive it right? Right?"

He could not help but chuckle as they walked back up the steps. Kenshin was carrying the two white boxes, while Sano carried less important ones. "Only if I'm with you."

"Feh, already starting to not trust me." It was a sarcastic reply, but he was glad the answer was not a `no'. Sano's mind churned with ideas, a plan was already in the works on how he could get permission to drive the car on his own. The car was definitely a chick magnate.

Ken shifted the boxes in his arms to get a better hold. "No offense, but that car is hard to come by."

"Wait till Jou-chan finds out. Camaro's are her favorite."

*

Kenshin's belongings consisted of a few boxes, all different shapes and sizes, and each carefully packed. He briefly thanked Sanosuke for the help and flatly refused Kaoru's offer to unpack for him. In Sano's side of the apartment the electricity had been returned early in the day, a couple days before it was meant to be and he took the opportunity of down time to arrange his new room.

Kaoru's apartment only had one room but Sano's had two, not big in size, but not tiny either. There was a bed --with no mattresses-- pushed in the corner, desk with a chair, and a closet containing a couple of lamps. Sano said the furniture came with the place, so if he wanted something else it would not bother him in the least. Besides mattresses, Kenshin desperately needed something with a lock, and tomorrow would be a better day in venturing out to make those purchases.

A few clothes were arranged in the closet by type. Shoes, sports equipment and the like were placed on shelves. Training gear was carefully nudged into the corner, not to be shown. The two white boxes, including the silver contents, were carefully hidden underneath the bed. Hopefully, no one would be idiotic enough to come looking for them, in the end they would only regret their actions. His roommates did not seem like the type, but next time they had a party like the night before he would make sure the contents were locked up, and out of sight.

With everything set to his liking, Kenshin sat on the floor next to his skateboard, closing his eyes trying to gain much needed rest for his condition. A few quiet moments passed before the telephone rang, jarring him out of any comfort. Lucky for him, his room was right next to the entrance of Kaoru's apartment, and every word passed on the other side could clearly be heard.

"Hello?" Apparently, Kaoru caught the phone this time. Sano had a nice habit of answer her calls.

"Oh. Hi, Jason." The greeting did not sound like a very happy one, and she usually was such a peppy girl, he thought.

"Drop the loser already, would ya'." Kenshin opened his eyes as he heard Sano's acknowledgement of the phone caller; his salutation was not much better. A soft thudding sound shortly accompanied his mumbling. "Ouch!"

"Will you be quiet?" It was Kaoru again, sounding rather irked. "I'm sorry Jason, I didn't mean you."

"Don't apologize to him, he doesn't deserve it." Kenshin winced when a few more loud thudding sounds resided from the other room. They strangely sounded like hard objects cracking against a skull. "Argh! That hurt!"

"Sa-no-SUKE! Leave! NOW!" He closed his eyes again just as cursed mumbling came from Sano. Seconds later the distinct sound of a door slamming was heard.

"I don't know what she sees in that dork." Kenshin inwardly sighed. Sano was at his door now cursing up a storm under his breath. His eyes opened to the five foot ten, brown haired man who was rubbing the back of his head, looking like he was in pain. "Darn, that really hurt."

"It sounded like you deserved it."

Sano cursed a few more times before he stopped massaging his head, and dropped the hand to his side. "Che! Maybe, maybe not."

"You guys are always arguing, I don't know how you can stand one another." Sano smirked. So far that was the longest sentence he had ever heard come out of his roommate's mouth. His judgement of their relationship was probably accurate to people on the outside, but there was a lot more to it than most people knew about, or would ever know.

"Nah, Jou-chan is real sweet most of the time. Are lil' play fights are never personal." The statement Sano made did not sound accurate to him, the `play fight' they just had sounded real personal, but it was not his business, so he dropped it, and closed his eyes again. Sano looked around Ken's room, noticing how everything was neatly packed away, and out of sight. Then he saw the bed, or so to say, the lack of a bed. "We still need to get you somethin' to sleep on. Looks like the couch again tonight for you."

"That's fine." Ken's arms folded in his lap. "I'll go shopping tomorrow."

"I'll go to help, if you want."

"If you want." The skateboard sitting next to Ken was screaming at Sano for him to give it a try. Ken, once again opened his eyes to see Sano playing with his board, he sighed again, it seemed like he was not going to get any rest that day.

Sano placed his feet on top of the new toy. "Hey, how do use this thing?"

"You've never tried before?" The little board under Sano's feet rolled a few times, and he frowned when it did not go any further.

"Uh, no. Isn't that obvious." Sano tried to move forward again, and Ken got to his feet, moving away cautiously. "Why won't it move?"

Ken scooted farther away. "Ever use a scooter? It's kind of like that."

"Yeah, but this thing don't got handle bars." Sano shuffled his legs a few more times, causing the board to only move a few inches forward. "This is harder than it looks."

"Uh, I guess." The red head winced when Sano stumbled; his attempts at moving around were not very successful, and he looked dangerously unstable. Learning how to ride took a patient soul, and Sano was clearly lacking in that area. "Maybe you should--"

"SANO!"

Kaoru's shout was the last straw, the little concentration Sano had broke. The skateboard flew into the wall, denting the white plaster with a resounding crash. Sano fell backwards, making a snapping sound when he arrived on the floor. Ken winced again --that had to hurt-- but was happy about his common sense to move out of the way earlier, otherwise, he would be underneath the mass on the ground right now, screaming for his life.

"Argh! That REALLY hurt!"

"Um, are you okay?" Sano regretfully took the hand offered to him and Ken helped him to his feet like a cat dragging a burlap sac.

"Yeah, thanx red."

Thud.

"Ow!" Sano was once again dropped to the floor and the second time around was more painful. "Why'd you do that!"

"Sorry." Ken offered his hand again. Sano glanced skeptically at the boy but took it in the end. "I don't like that nickname much."

"Uh, `kay . . ." Shooting pains reverberated through Sano's backside, and he cursed himself for being an idiot. The skateboard was now labeled the machine of death. "Better go see what Jou-chan wants to yell at me for this time."

Kenshin watched a stumbling, cursing Sano leave his room and return to Kaoru's apartment. Shortly after his arrival a screaming match ensued, Kaoru was doing most of the yelling while Sano just cussed some more. He idly wondered how many bad words Sano knew --he seemed to be rolling out a dictionary full as he spoke that afternoon. The argument soon ended from what he could tell, and he went across the room to inspect the new damage. The hole in the wall was not that bad, and his board was not harmed, so Sano was the only one really maimed --namely his pride.

After a few quiet moments Kenshin returned to Kaoru's apartment. Socializing hour would take place her apartment, it was the more cozy of the two, and was complete with a fully stocked fridge. Sano's side was never used, and Kenshin placed a quiet bet that Sano never went grocery shopping.

Kaoru stirred when she saw Ken entering through the door. "Himura-san! I still can't believe that's your car."

"Believe it." Ken took a seat on the sofa next to Kaoru, who was still reading the same book from earlier. He brought his skateboard with him and sat it down before him, both feet on top, rolling it back and forth absent-mindedly.

Kaoru inched closer, leaning over with puppy dog eyes. "You're taking me for a ride tonight, right?"

Pouting females were something Kenshin could not deal with, he sighed. "If you wish."

Sano emerged from the kitchen bar, and clamped his hand down on Kaoru's head, shaking it a few times. "Oi! I get to drive it first."

Like that was going to happen after he insulted her boyfriend --again. Kaoru rolled her eyes. "Pfft, haven't you ever heard of ladies first?"

"Nope." Struggling out of Sano's grasp, Kaoru took Ken's hand, and led him to the door as he rolled along with the skateboard. "Hey, where you going?"

The response Sano earned was a book aimed for his face, lucky for him, he dodged the attack successfully. A book in the face was never a happy meeting. "Going on my ride of course."

Before anyone could protest Kaoru slammed the door with a thwack, dragging Ken along.

"Where are we going?"

Kaoru shrugged. "Don't know. If you want, I can show you some skate parks, and then in return you can show me what you got."

Ken picked up the board when they reached the steps, not really intent on skating down them. "What I got?"

"Your skill on that skateboard of course. Plus, I get my ride out of it."

*

When Kenshin quietly sank in the seat, glided the key into the ignition and turned on the car, everything was fine. The car started, and he stepped on the gas, everything was not fine by then, Kaoru was scared. He shifted the gears easily, slowing down on turns, accelerated once outside the first half of the curve, happily going twenty miles over the speed limit. Face blank as he motioned the car around others, stopping smoothly at lights, nothing bothered him as he drove even when cars passed before them inches apart. Kaoru promised herself next time she would be the one driving her own car, he drove like a mad man!

They made their way around central Florida's infamous highway, I-4. It was a daily commuter's nightmare. It was Kenshin's chance to break in his new car.

Once satisfied with his job, Kenshin let Kaoru direct him to a skate park, not far from the main highway. Kaoru sat in the car a few moments before she allowed herself to step on solid ground. Kenshin went around back to the car's trunk, retrieving his board while she hyperventilated. They eventually made their way to the ramps, sat down and watched the others. High school kids and older rolled up and down the ramp. Some easily pulling off tricks and flips. Others were falling to their doom on the first attempt.

The silence between them lasted for a half-hour as they watched kids run around the park. Ken fiddled with his board, snickering when another punk fell off of the ramp and landed hard on his side. Kaoru gave Ken a sidelong glance when he laughed. It was the first time she heard him do anything besides talking in monotones, she decided to break the silence.

"Himura-san--"

"I thought you decided to leave off the formalities."

Kaoru blinked a few times. " . . . I did?"

He faced her while he spoke, raising an eyebrow. "You don't remember much of last night do you?"

Her face scrunched in irritation, the fact stated bothered her because it was true. "No."

Kenshin faced the skateboarders again, watching them roll up and down a smaller ramp. It figured miss giggles did not remember anything from the night before. That was the largest amount of alcohol he had ever seen a seven teen year old girl drink, especially in one sitting. "You can call me Ken, or Kenshin."

"Uh." Kaoru blinked again. "Is that okay?"

"Were not in Japan, Kaoru-dono."

" . . . Okay." The Kaoru-dono remark caught her off guard. It was the second time he used it that day too, leaving her ultimately baffled again. The man in her very vivid dream the night before also called her by that pet name. "I had a weird dream last night. I know I asked you this morning, but are you sure I didn't do anything stupid?"

"Besides mistaking me for a girl the other night." Kenshin rolled the skateboard below his feat a few times, fingering the bandage on his cheek. "No."

He's still sore about the girl issue. Crap.

"I'm so sorry!" Where was a hole when someone needed one to crawl into? "Sorry for calling you girly. Nothing else though?"

Ken scowled, now she called him girly and mistook him for a female. "Maybe passing out on top of me was a little stupid."

Where's that hole at?

"Yuck! I did?" Kenshin nodded. "I'm sorry --sorry for everything."

Kenshin shrugged, signaling it was no big deal, she had just better not refer to him as the opposite sex, ever again. "Anyway, Sano helped me get you in bed."

"Sorry again." Kaoru smiled though, Sano was always there when she fell, and making sure everything would be fine.

Hands sliding to her back . . .

Falling forward holding . . .

Rough brush of material . . .

Everything dimmed out slowly . . .

Back to black . . .

The lack of story Ken told her was making sense in a weird way, she probably only did pass out. She feared the worst when she woke up in the morning and interpreted the dream --it was nothing she wanted to do with a complete stranger, drunk or not. Especially if that person was going to be living next door with her best friend, and she would have to see him everyday. Ken was handsome, but for all she knew, he might kill people as a living.

Ken's constant shifting of the skateboard brought Kaoru out of her musings. She looked around the park and it was still to busy for him to get on the ramp. "You didn't get a chance to show me how good you are."

Ken grimaced when another rider fell, and landed on two other unsuspecting kids. It was probably a good sign that he was not out there at the moment, getting creamed. "Next time."

The ride home was not something Kaoru was particularly looking forward to, but she had no other choice. Then another important thought crossed her mind. "Ken, how did you get a driver's license so quickly?"

It took many weeks for Kaoru to obtain one. Luckily Kaoru was half-American, otherwise she would have to get an international license, and they only issued those to who were eighteen and older.

Ken shifted, rattling the dual chains connected to his cargo pants. "I don't have one."

Just peachy.

Kaoru grew a little more nervous. " . . . Maybe I should drive back."

"Maybe . . ."

Kenshin turned to give her his first smile and Kaoru decided she rather liked his smile when he was being nice.

" . . . In your dreams you'll get a chance."

She took her nice thought back.

Jerk!

*

To be continued

*

Next Chapter- Megumi action, more femmy remarks and the bandage comes off --finally.

Author's Notes- This was a blah chapter, but if you read hard enough I put in major hints regarding to upcoming plot breakers. Actually, I do that in all the chapters, but I think they were more blatantly obvious in this one. I'm usually subtle when it comes to important people, things, places etc. that are critical to the story, and usually the readers won't find out till the characters do either --Understand what I'm saying? But I'm giving you hints!

About the car, it's not as expensive as you think. They can range from about ten grand and up into the eighties; price is decided in the shape of the car and what options it has. But Ken's got connections, so that's why he's hooked-up. I own a Camaro myself, but not a 69. I wish. My poor baby is in storage right now though, several states away. I'm not very happy about that. *Sniffs*

Anyway, thank you for reading, as always. Reviews are welcomed along with questions, good or bad. Thank you!

*

Review People- Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

Amorith Lilac- Kaoru can't hold her liquor in the manga, so why not have fun with her in my story? It's greet to torture the characters, she did have a lot to drink though . . .

Kakarlena- Thanks much!

sawdust monster- I like Mr. Brick too, maybe all make a revival out of that character, hmm . . .

Garasu- *Crosses fingers* Hope you got my email this time, thank you again.

Fitz- Well, Megumi and Misao are minors for now, and their story will be later. I enjoy references to real things too. It does make it easier to read. As for the grammar *sigh* I'm a little dyslexic (and I mean literally) when it comes down to it, and my editor is on an extended sea tour for six months. And I'm to shy to ask anyone else to do it. But I will try harder! *Whispers* no promises though . . .

*

Thanx!