Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Krory Attacks ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 12 goes up. This is Chapter 13. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 13: Krory Attacks
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“They're alive!” Eliade hissed as she walked through the castle. “Damn, they're like cockroaches! If they find out about my secret, and take Arystar from the castle… no! I can't let him leave! I'll not let them out alive!”
 
What was the tremor just now? Arystar wondered.
 
“Grandfather…” he looked at his grandfather's portrait. “The will you left me said that you wished only that I might care for the flowers in this castle. It seems that I can no longer fulfill even that last, simple wish. Grandfather, I am a vampire through and through… the villagers all hate me. None of them will be my friend… I am doomed to live and die in this castle…”
 
“Why am I crying?” he scolded himself. “I will always have my beloved Eliade. Grandfather… have you cursed me? Did you make me into such a monster, that you might bend me to your will, never to leave the castle for the outside world I so adore?”
 
“Lord Arystar!” Eliade wept when she opened the door.
 
“Eliade!” Arystar blinked. “What's the matter?”
 
“Men claiming to be Exorcists have come to this castle to kill you!” Eliade cried in his arms. “They just attacked me!”
 
“What?” Arystar exclaimed.
 
“They burnt all the flowers on the tenth floor!” Eliade wept.
 
“What?” Arystar exclaimed. “That's what that tremor was? How dare they harm my grandfather's flowers?”
 
“Please, fight them, Lord Arystar!” Eliade begged.
 
“No…” Arystar blinked.
 
“They will kill you, my lord!” Eliade told him. “As a vampire, you are the enemy of all humanity!”
 
“Drink of my blood.” she requested, pressing Arystar's head onto her shoulder.
 
“Eliade…” Arystar gasped.
 
“They are strong…” Eliade added. “You cannot beat them as you are now, but if you take my blood, you will become a true vampire, with strength far stronger than theirs. Be careful, though. Just a little. Please, don't kill me.”
 
“Eliade…” Arystar shut his eyes.
 
“Lord Arystar, do this so that we might live in this castle together forever.” Eliade pleaded. “Please?”
 
“Eliade, you are all I lave left.” Arystar replied. That decided, he sucked her blood.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the makeshift graveyard…
 
“I just noticed…” Allen started as the four exhumed the graves.
 
“Hey, don't slack!” Lavi complained.
 
“I thought I recognized the smell that those carnivorous plants were giving off.” Allen added.
 
“You recognized them too?” Ami asked.
 
“Yeah. “Allen nodded. “Master grew the same plant once.”
 
“Huh?” Lavi blinked.
 
“It was just a small, potted thing, but it was definitely the same flower.” Allen replied.
 
“And that `small, potted thing' nearly bit both our heads off… literally.” Ami deadpanned.
 
“Don't remind me.” Allen shivered at the recollection.
 
“Then, Marshall Cross planted those flowers?” Lavi inquired.
 
“It's very possible.” Ami agreed.
 
Just then, Allen's shovel hit on something.
 
“Here it is!” he remarked.
 
“As we suspected.” Ami noted as the four peered into the grave.
 
“It's an Akuma.” Kanda added. “They're all Akuma.”
 
“The pentacles on the ground came about after their flesh started to rot, allowing the virus to seep into the soil.” Lavi noted.
 
“So, the villagers that Baron Krory attacked were all Akuma.” Allen concluded. “If he only attacks Akuma, then…”
 
“Then, this isn't just a vampire hunt, since it pretty much ties into Frostbite's theory.” Lavi concluded. “This Krory…”
 
“Yes, if Krory isn't a vampire, then…” Allen agreed. His sentence was cut short when he noticed Arystar behind Lavi.
 
“Lavi!” Ami shouted a warning. His warning came too late when Arystar punched Lavi into a wall.
 
“You have angered me!” Arystar growled as he rushed towards other three, taking the senior and junior pair into the air. Allen and Ami used their activated Innocence to break free of Arystar's grip.
 
“Yuu, Lavi…” Ami shouted.
 
Landing on one of the demolished walls, Allen added mentally, Arystar Krory, the vampire, is in fact
 
He did not manage to finish his ponder when Arystar attacked again, forcing the two to jump off the ledge.
 
What's with this speed? Allen wondered.
 
“Mr. Krory, listen to me!” he called out.
 
“You're afraid to fight me without help?” Arystar taunted, attacking both Allen and Ami together. Allen was forced to block his rapid hand thrusts while Ami summoned two solidified water blades to deflect Arystar's vicious attack.
 
“You can dissolve the weapon on your arm?” he blinked when Allen deactivated his weapon. Ami followed his example, dissolving her water blades.
 
“Please listen to me!” Allen pleaded. “The corpses of the villagers in those graves were all Akuma. You have been attacking Akuma! Did you know that?”
 
“Akuma?” Arystar echoed.
 
“Arystar Krory, are you truly a vampire?” Allen asked.
 
“A vampire?” Arystar snorted. “Let's see.”
 
Before the two knew anything, he had appeared behind Allen.
 
“Your blood is disgusting.” He remarked, spitting Allen's clump of hair out of his mouth after the younger Exorcist leapt away.
 
“Perhaps because I'm human?” Allen reasoned.
 
“Human?” Arystar echoed. “You're a monster. Akuma and vampires have naught to do with me. All I wish is to live in this castle with Eliade. Forever, undisturbed! And so, I must kill all who seek to disturb my peace, like you!”
 
With that, he ran towards the boy, knocking him into a side wall.
 
“Is that it?” he mocked, now turning his attention to Ami.
 
He was then interrupted when Lavi smashed the ground Arystar was on with his enlarged hammer.
 
“Don't Baron me out, old bean.” Lavi joked. “I was just a little tired, is all. I thought we could have a nice long talk after I kicked your ass.”
 
“Interesting.” Arystar smirked and jumped when Lavi tired to smash him with his hammer.
 
“Guess he never changes.” Ami grinned.
 
“Che!” Kanda snorted.
 
“Take care of him, Peacock. I have a junior to save.” Ami chuckled, as she jumped into the hole Allen was blasted into.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the castle, in a hidden library, Eliade's shadow reflected on the wall, showing that she had reverted back to her original form.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Inside the castle…
 
“I guess I hit my head pretty hard…” Allen moaned as he stumbled out of the debris.
 
“Ya think?” Ami rolled her eyes, as she supported the younger Exorcist.
 
“What are those stars spinning around me?” Allen groaned.
 
“I don't think he recognize you anymore, Tim.” Ami joked.
 
“Huh?” Allen sweatdropped.
 
“Tim?” he scolded, grabbing the Golem and stuffing it into his coat. “Get out of here.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Outside, Lavi teamed up with a rather reluctant Kanda against Arystar.
 
With Lavi taking the offense first, the Bookman-in-training leapt at Arystar with his hammer, trying to smash Arystar with his weapon.
 
“Why do I have to put up with him?” Kanda grumbled.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the castle…
 
“They're being so noisy out there.” Allen complained. “I've got to get back.”
 
Just the, his right hand pushed onto a lever disguised as a brick and the two tumbled into the hidden library.
 
“Ouch!” Allen whined, getting up. “Where am I? My head's still spinning…”
 
“A hidden library, duh!” Ami replied flatly. “Guess Arystar did hit you really hard.”
 
Then, their attention was got by someone moaning. The two turned and saw the shadow of Eliade's original form against the wall.
 
What the heck is that shadow? Allen blinked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Outside, Arystar jumped to avoid Lavi's hammer smash. Diving down, he tried to bite the red-haired Exorcist, only to have Lavi extend the hammer's handle to avoid the attack.
 
“You're pretty tough.” Lavi grinned when he landed.
 
Arystar smirked and they clashed again.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the hidden library…
 
Could it be that shadow… Allen wondered. His pondering was cut short when the shadow disappeared and the wall shut in behind them.
 
“It's gone.” Allen blinked. “Maybe it's just my head.”
 
“He really did hit you hard.” Ami noted.
 
“You're…” she gasped when Eliade appeared behind them.
 
“Oh, the two of you are form back there.” Eliade remarked. “My goodness, what are you doing intruding a lady's powder room? You just have no manners, do you? Good lord.”
 
“What's that wound?” Allen asked, noticing Eliade's bite mark.
 
“Oh, that's still there?” Eliade blinked as she powered the mark. Then, she frowned, crashing Allen against the bookshelf as she revealed the arms of her true form.
 
“Ow…” Allen moaned. “You're…”
 
“That damn Arystar…” Eliade cursed. “He said he would kill you and stormed off. And after I gave him enough blood to send me to the brink of death. I can't stand him.”
 
“Well, whatever.” She smirked. “I'll take care of you, Exorcists!”
 
Why is she so strong? Allen wondered.
 
Eliade then turned the younger Exorcist around.
 
“What's the matter?” she taunted, her Akuma fingers digging into Allen's body. “Not going to resist?”
 
So warm… Allen wondered. I'm so dizzy… it's my wound… sleepy…
 
Dead already, or just tired?” Eliade mocked after giving Allen two punches. “Did Arystar do you in? No fight left in you?”
 
No… Allen realized. Don't fall asleep… if I sleep, both Ami-sempai and I will be dead. I've got to think of something!
 
“I… have no reason to fight you.” He told Eliade. “I'm not going to kill Arystar Krory. He's neither a monster nor a vampire. All those he killed were Akuma. He may be an Exorcist, like us… if he is, we'll take him with us…”
 
“One of you?” Eliade laughed, raining punches on Allen. “Idiot! He's… he's a vampire! I'll never, never let you… I'll never let you take him from me! I'll never let you take Arystar! So…”
 
Her eyes returned to their original forms and she tossed Allen into a wall.
 
I'll never let you take Arystar from me. Eliade swore, an axe in her hand as she approached the unconscious Allen, turning him over with her foot. So, I'll have to kill you.
***************************************************************** *************************
Outside, Lavi and Arystar were clashing in midair.
 
Lavi extended his hammer the second he landed, forcing Arystar to jump away.
 
“There was a bit of a shock, there.” Arystar remarked.
 
“You may indeed be one of us.” Lavi grinned, retracting his hammer.
 
“What?” Arystar asked.
 
“All the villagers whose blood you drank were Akuma. The only people who could survive drinking Akuma's blood are those immune to their virus, like Allen.” Lavi explained. “People with parasitic weapons. According to that line of thought and Frostbite's theory, you must indeed be an Exorcist.”
 
“Me, an Exorcist?” Arystar echoed.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi replied. “According to Frostbite, you've been subconsciously going after the Akuma. You see, the Innocence itself wishes to seek the Akuma out. You just happened to have to same goals. If you like biting Akuma so much, you should join us and bite as much as you want.”
 
“Not interested.” Arystar told him.
 
“That's too bad.” Lavi grinned.
 
“Besides,” Arystar added. “I thought we were going to talk only after you kick my ass.”
 
“Well, that's true then, but you're a good deal stronger than I expected, so I thought I'd try talking to you first.” Lavi sighed. “Anyway, I'm gonna have to go all out on you now. I expect your answer when you wake up, Little Krory.”
 
“You're quite an impudent little brat.” Arystar retorted. “Stow your tongue!”
 
“Well, let's see here…” Lavi grinned. “Innocence, activate level two!”
 
“Damn!” Kanda's eyes widened when he realized what Lavi was up to.
 
With a cry, Lavi unleashed a flaming dragon at Arystar.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the hidden library…
 
“We could have been here, alone together for so much longer...” Eliade said. “If nobody had come, we could have continued forever. I warned you last night not to come here. It's your fault really. You just had to stick your nose in. I think I'll lop off your head, and put your desiccated body on display at the front gate, so that no one will ever come here again.”
 
“Besides,” she added, her axe lined on Allen's neck. “An Exorcist's head will make a fine trophy. The Earl of Millennium will be most pleased and I will be able to stay with Arystar forever. Forever!”
 
She was about to cut off Allen's head when she realized that her movements were being restricted.
 
“What the…” she gasped. Looking down, her eyes widened when she saw three rings of ice surrounding her body.
 
“You…!” she hissed, turning her head to the other Exorcist present. Just then, Allen awoke, his Innocence activated and he proceeded to crush the revealed Akuma with his enlarged hand just as Ami's ice rings dispelled. Eliade was forced to flee.
 
What the hell? Eliade wondered as Allen got to his feet. Why?
 
Just then, a pentacle mark covered Allen's left eye as an image of a skull appeared from the pentacle and growled at Eliade.
 
Welcome back, Allen. Mana's voice sounded in his head. The darkness has returned.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Mana…” the younger Allen spoke, hearing Mana Walker's footsteps behind him. “While I was blinded, I decided that even if my left eye was blinded forever, I would keep being an Exorcist. I have to have the same devotion as my friends. Mana…
 
“Then you must sink deeper into the world of light and dark.” Mana told him.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
After that, the skull returned to the pentacle on Allen's eye.
 
Welcome home, Mana. Allen said mentally as his left eye evolved.
 
“Is he awake?' Eliade wondered aloud.
 
“Your eye evolved?” Ami remarked.
 
“Yeah…” Allen nodded as the senior-junior pair faced Eliade.
 
“You're an Akuma.” Ami declared, glaring at Eliade. “You were the one who attacked us yesterday.”
 
“So, your eye is healed.” Eliade noted.
 
“I have returned to the world of light and dark.” Allen announced, recalling his anti-Akuma weapon.
 
“You're going to fight me?” Eliade challenged.
 
“Yes, we're afraid we are.” Allen replied. “At least I have a reason to fight you.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
SailorStar9: And so, Allen's eye evolved. Read and review.