Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Neighborhood Bell - Charity Bell ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 19 goes up. This is Chapter 20. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 20: The Neighborhood Bell - Charity Bell
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Ahhh, what wonderful weather.” Daisya beamed as the four walked along the seashore. “Perhaps I'll take a swim. Would you like to join me?”
 
“We don't have time for that.” The Finder remarked. “The Akumas are massing and heading for Barcelona.
 
“Yes, I know.” Daisya smiled. “I just wanted to put it out here.”
 
“Marshall Tiedoll is in Barcelona.” The Finder replied. “He taught you both, didn't he?”
 
“Yes.” Kanda replied.
 
“Indeed he did.” Daisya replied. “We both trained and went on missions with the Marshall. Didn't we?”
 
“And Lady Maris was taught by Marshall Cross, right?” the Finder asked.
 
“He didn't `teach' me.” Ami growled. “Allen and I were pretty much thrown into Akuma fights by him. Talk about first-hand experience.”
 
“What sort of man is the Marshall?” the Finder asked Marshall Tiedoll's two disciples.
 
“I'm sorry!” he apologized when Kanda glared at him.
 
“Get back!” Kanda retorted, handing the Finder his suitcase. “You're in my way!”
 
“These guys are like the plague, aren't they?” Ami joked as a group of Akuma appeared behind them.
 
“Well, I guess that means that guy's getting serious.” She noted.
 
“So many Akuma!” the Finder gasped.
 
“Quite a formidable horde.” Kanda remarked, drawing his weapon.
 
“Wouldn't have it any other way.” Daisya chuckled.
 
“Mugen, activate!” Kanda activated his Innocence.
 
“Now that I think about it, it was a day just like today when I met the Marshall.” Daisya added as he jumped to avoid the Akuma attack.
 
“Innocence, activate!” he called, activating his Innocence at the end of his cowl.
 
“How do you put up with him?” Ami asked.
 
“Who says I do.” Kanda replied curtly.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“Daisya!” Daisya's mother rebuked as the boy was about to sneak out. “I've told you before; you're to help out with the store when you're off of school.
 
“I hate those stupid souvenirs!” Daisya retorted.
 
“You…” his mother hissed.
 
“I can't stand selling lame trinkets to stupid tourists!” Daisya shouted back.
 
“Daisya!” his mother scolded as the boy ran off.
 
“Daisya!” she gaped as her son kicked the ball in his hands on the doorbell that hung at their door.
 
“This town was constructed to be a center of trade and bridge the gap between the two nations of…” a tour guide introduced the town to his group of tourists as Daisya ran by.
 
“What a nice town.” Marshall Tiedoll noted as he stood by the seaside.
 
“Goal!” Daisya whooped as he scored a goal for his football team.
 
“Come on, gimme the ball back!” he beamed.
 
“Stop hogging the ball, Daisya.” One of his teammates rebuked.
 
“What?” Daisya turned to his teammate.
 
“This is boring!” another boy remarked.
 
“Some day, I'm gonna get out of this town and become a famous football player!” Daisya added. You're regret not being nice to me then.”
 
“Let's go for a swim!” one of the boys suggested.
 
“Hey!” Daisya called out as the other boys ran off.
 
“Yay!” one of them whopped as the group dived into the sea.
 
“Here I go!” another added, diving off a cliff.
 
Daisya snorted as he watched uninterestedly.
 
“It's so stupidly blue...” He noted, looking at the azure sky. “So is the sea.”
 
Then, he noticed Marshall Tiedoll stretching himself not faraway from him. Peering into his painting, the Marshall walked off. Daisya smirked and went after the Marshall's painting spot.
 
After a while, the Marshall returned to his painting and noticed the Innocence fragment in his coat glow. Looking up, he noticed Daisya drawing at his painting.
 
“Here we go.” The boy smirked at his graffiti. “What a masterpiece.”
 
“I fixed it up for you.” He told the Marshall who had walked up behind him. “It was hopelessly boring as it was.”
 
“What's the matter, old man?” he asked, noting the Marshall's look.
 
“Are you from this town?” the Marshall asked. “What's your name?”
 
“Wait!” he called out as Daisya ran off.
 
“No freaking way, man!” Daisya taunted.
 
“What now?” he asked as the Marshall jumped in front of him, stopping the boy in his path.
 
“You're mighty persistent!” he retorted as the Marshall blocked his way no matter where he turned. Then, he kicked the ball at the Marshall who kicked it back at him.
 
“Son of a bitch! he hissed, catching the ball. Giving the ball a hard kick, he sent the ball flying towards the Marshall, who merely dodged, allowing the ball to land on the sand behind him.
 
“What the hell?” he asked, retrieving his ball.
 
“I ain't got the time to take you on.” He told the Marshall.
 
“Wait a moment.” The Marshall stopped him. How'd you like to have lunch with me?”
 
“Is it good?” he asked the boy as Daisya dug into his streak.
 
“Of course it's not!” Daisya retorted. “Stupid tourist restaurant.
 
“Do you have any family?” the Marshall asked.
 
“A deadbeat dad, a nagging mom, two annoying brothers and a crybaby sister.” Daisya replied.
 
“I see.” The Marshall noted. “You're bored to death of life in this town, are you not?”
 
“What of it?” Daisya retorted.
 
“How'd you like to be an Exorcist?” the Marshall asked.
 
“An Exorcist?” Daisya spluttered. “By Exorcist, you mean an Akuma hunter, right?”
 
“Yes indeed.” The Marshall replied. “You would be fighting against Akuma. You have the power.
 
“My arse.” Daisya scoffed. “You look like a nice guy. You a slave trader?”
 
The Marshall chuckled, “More like a talent scout, really. Not everyone can fight the Akuma, but you can. The Exorcists gather at a place called the Dark Order and all possess weapons with which to fight the Akuma. Only those we call hosts can use these weapons, though. You are one of these hosts. My Innocence resonated with you. You would embed this in your very own weapon and travel the world fighting Akuma.
 
“Do you really think this crappy grub would make me believe your fantasies?” Daisya demanded.
 
“That you Daisya? What are you doing here? You should go home and help with the shop. His father told him.
 
“Wait, Daisya!” his father called after him as the boy jumped out of the seaside restaurant.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back home…
 
“Ah, you ate my share!” Daisya's brother whined.
 
No I didn't!” Daisya's other brother protested.
 
“Quiet down now. Hush up and eat.” His father scolded.
 
“Daisya, if you're done eating, take them to their room.” His mother told him.
 
“Uh, right.” Daisya replied.
 
“Come on, Dort, Barry, stop it.” He chided his brothers.
 
“Stop crying, Dharma.” He scolded his sister.
 
“But bro, Barry…” Dort protested.
 
“Shut up!” he scolded, picking up his siblings.
 
In bed, he recalled what the Marshall told him.
 
“… your very own weapon and travel the world fighting Akuma.”
***************************************************************** *************************
 
The next day…
 
Yahoo!” one of Daisya's friends whopped as he jumped into the sea.
 
Yay!” another beamed as he followed suit.
 
“Hey, get over here, it's terrible!” another boy shouted. “There are monsters in the port”
 
What?” the group of boys exclaimed.
 
True enough, a group of Akuma were bombarding the port.
 
“What the hell is that?” Daisya asked in shock at the flaming town.
 
“Get back, all of you.” The Marshall warned.
 
“Hey, old man…” Daisya gasped.
 
“Stand back.” The Marshall added, drawing out his weapon. “Maker of Eden, activate! Show them how beautiful this world can be.
 
“Art!” he called, slamming his glowing weapon on the ground as he landed. The orb of light expanded, destroying the Akuma group as it reached them.
 
“Oh wow!” one of the boy gasped in awe.
 
“He took care of those monsters in an instant.” Another added.
 
“Those are the Akuma, your enemies.” The Marshall told Daisya. “The world is crawling with Akuma. Someone needs to destroy them. I'll be waiting at the edge of town.
 
“Idiot!” Daisya retorted as the Marshall walked off. “Why would I go with you?”
 
“Daisya! Daisya?” one of his companions called after him.
 
So those are Akuma... Daisya wondered as he walked through the demolished town. Why was that old man able to fight them off? Can I fight like that too?
 
Kicking his ball into the unguarded net, he panted as he let out his frustration.
 
“Stop it! We have to sell that!” his mother scolded the younger children.
 
“Oh Daisya! Where have you been?” she asked her eldest son who had returned. “I hear there was a monster at the port. Are you all right?”
 
“Monster?” his father echoed. “It was probably just another shark or something.”
 
“It wasn't a shark!” Daisya retorted. “It was an Akuma!”
 
“What?” his mother blinked.
 
His father looked on as his son ran off.
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Dinnertime…
 
“I'll take that!” Barry teased, taking Dort's food.
 
“Hey, that's mine!” Dort protested.
 
“Whatever!” Barry replied, shoving the morsel into his mouth.
 
“No!” Dort retorted.
 
“Come on!” Barry whined.
 
“No!” Dort insisted.
 
At her arguing brothers. Dharma cried.
 
“Give it back!” Dort urged.
 
“Quiet down now!” their father scolded.
 
“Daisya.” His mother rebuked.
 
“Let go!” Barry whined.
 
“Daisya!” his mother called out.
 
“That boy of ours…” she sighed as her eldest son said nothing and walked off.
 
“Hey.” His father greeted his lone son who was outside the house.
 
“I'll go to sleep soon.” Daisya told his father.
 
“You're always looking into the distance.” His father noted, noticing his son's faraway look. “As you say, our shop sells stupid trinkets. It puts food on the table though. I cannot give you what you truly want. I'm sorry Daisya.
 
“Dad, I…” Daisya started.
 
“Hurry off to bed.” His father told him and went back into the house.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

The next day…
 
Daisya stood alone at the cliff overlooking the sea as he recalled the battle from yesterday.
 
I'm sorry Dad. He apologized mentally and plunged into the sea.
 
“Daisya, where have you been?” his mother asked, hearing the doorbell. “We're so busy in the mornings, I could have used your help.”
 
“Mum…” Daisya started.
 
“What is it?” his mother asked.
 
“I'm leaving.” Daisya told her.
 
What?” his mother blinked, looking up from the dishes.
 
“What are you talking about?” she demanded.
 
“I've made up my mind.” Daisya replied.
 
“Bro, are you leaving?” Dort asked as Daisya walked out of the house.
 
“We'll never fight again!” Barry promised.
 
“Bro!” Dharma added.
 
“And just where do you intend to go?” his mother asked.
 
“I found a job.” Daisya replied.
 
“Surely you can find one here!” His mother insisted.
 
“The job I want can't be done in this town.” Daisya replied.
 
“Daisya!” his mother frowned.
 
“Let me be!” Daisya insisted. “I have to leave sometime.
 
“Daisya!” his mother rebuked.
 
“Let him go.” His father stopped her. “It's just as Daisya says. This time just came a little faster than we thought.
 
“Take care okay?” Daisya told his siblings after getting his father's approval.
 
Before he left, Daisya used his ball to kick the doorbell off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
At the beach…
 
“Shall we go then?” Marshall Tiedoll asked, stopping in mid-stretch when he saw Daisya's shadow behind him.
 
“What's that?” he asked, when Daisya took out the doorbell.
 
“Can't you tell? It's a doorbell.” Daisya replied.
 
“From your home?” the Marshall asked.
 
“Yeah.” Daisya replied. “It's the one thing from that house that I like, other than my deadbeat dad, nagging mom, annoying brothers and crybaby sister. Come on, let's get going.
 
Marshall Tiedoll smiled at his newest recruit.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Shoot!” Daisya grinned, kicking his Innocence-imbued doorbell into the Akuma, barrowing a hole through it. The resonance of his bell caused the surrounding three Akumas to explode.
 
“Let's get `em all, ball.” He smirked as he landed.
 
“Shoot!' he jumped up, firing another shot at the horde of Akuma, tunneling through two of them. The resulting reverberation destroyed the surrounding Akuma.
 
On the ground, Kanda was slicing his way through the Akuma horde.
 
In the air, Ami was in her Level Three, her Guardian, form, as she hovered over the sea, forming water spirals with her power before turning the twisters into ice and freezing the cut-up Akumas.
 
“Shoot!” Daisya fired another shot in mid-air breaking through the frozen Akuma, the resulting vibrations destroying the surrounding Akuma that had been frozen in place.
 
“Ta-da!” Daisya beamed as he landed, the horde of Akumas destroyed.
 
“Are you all right?” the Finder asked, climbing out of the rock he was hiding behind as Ami landed, her transformation receding back to her Innocence orb.
 
“There'll be tons more Akumas in Barcelona.” Daisya replied.
 
“Indeed.” Kanda agreed.
 
“Looks like a mighty tough battle.” Daisya remarked. “Wish they'd just give us a break.”
 
“You certainly looked like you were having fun.” Kanda retorted.
 
“I hate boredom, above all else.” Daisya told him. “Since I became an Exorcist, there hasn't been much time for rest, but that makes me feel all the more alive. I wonder if the Marshall's still alive, even. He's a bit of a flake, but I'm thankful that he found me.”
 
“Let's hurry on.” Kanda remarked.
 
“Reminiscing a little too much there, Daisya.” Ami teased.
 
Daisya chuckled as he followed the three.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in headquarters, Koumi was listening to one of his men's reports.
 
“According to our Finders, the Akuma are most active in the Barcelona area.” One of his subordinates reported.
 
“Marshall Tiedoll is in Barcelona!” another scientist added.
 
“They're after Marshall Tiedoll!” Another remarked.
 
“Can we reach Marie?” another asked.
 
“Order all Exorcists and Finders in the area to head for Barcelona.” Koumi instructed.
 
“Right!” one of the scientist replied and the group split off.
 
“How's it going, Captain Reever?” Koumi asked as he walked towards his main team.
 
“There's no change in the Innocence we have here at the Order.” Reever replied. “Still, we can't eliminate the possibility that one of them is the Innocence Heart.”
 
“Even Hevlaska can't tell.” Koumi added.
 
“What if Marshall Tiedoll's Innocence is the Heart?” Johnny asked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
On a cliff overseeing the Barcelona ocean, Marshall Tiedoll was sketch on his sketchpad. Sighing in frustration, he tossed a rejected drawing into the fire.
 
Meanwhile, a horde of Akuma was heading towards Barcelona, with three Level Twos in the lead.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: Phew, I finally got this chapter out. Read and review.