Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Heaven ❯ Heart Break Part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own Inuyasha or the song.

Satisfied by Ashley Monroe.

Heartbreak

I want him but he doesn't want me
He wants somebody else that I can't be

Tears fell down her cheeks. She couldn't believe this. She had professed her love and he had thrown it back in her face. He loved Kikyo! That clay pot whore! Dashing her tears away from her eyes, she straightened and stormed out of the house, not bothering with her things. She was leaving. For good. Inuyasha could rot for all she cared.

And she's got a man that she wants to leave
Because he can't seem to make her happy.

Standing in front of Naraku Kikyo growled. “Do you not get it! I don't want you!” Naraku growled softly. “And you wanted me enough to fuck me? Or were you imagining Inuyasha!” He gripped her arms tightly, squeezing them. Kikyo cried out in pain. She had been meaning to break it off with Naraku, but he had been persistent and had started stalking her. “Besides, he's got that little slut of a sister.” Kikyo growled. “You leave Kagome out of this you bastard! She isn't a slut!” Naraku smirked. “Oh? Then why did she scream out my name as at buried myself in her.” Kikyo growled. “You're lying. Kagome would never do that.” Naraku chuckled. “Believe what you want Kikyo.”

Does it have to be wrong to make it feel right?
Tell me why ain't nobody satisfied?

Running down the street, the sky opened above her. Tears mixed in with it. She refused to let them show though. How could all this have happened? With her sister of all things! He was supposed to be her boyfriend. He was supposed to be with her! Sango and Miroku were on their honeymoon so she didn't have them to talk about it to. All she could do is run.


Old man looking' at a photograph
Of a love that's long gone from his past

At the shrine, Grandpa Higaurashi gave a small sigh. His wife of 40 years was downstairs cleaning up. He had his mind on other things though. The storm had caused worry to shoot through him. He didn't know how he couldn't worry about Kagome, but he knew that she was able to take care of herself. His mind was slowly going to the past. Reaching the attic, he pulled a box out of a dark corner. Opening it, he eyed all the photos of his past. Reaching into it, he pulled out a photo of a young woman with black hair and light green eyes. She was laughing while blowing a kiss toward the camera. A faint smile appeared as he traced the picture. His precious Kairi.


And his wife's got a letter that she can't read
From a boy who never came back from the sea

Downstairs, Kaede Higaurashi was leaning against the counter. Each time lightning struck; she gave a slight jump. Kagome was out in this. She was deathly worried about her granddaughter. It wasn't just that though. This night reminded her so much of that fateful storm that had changed her life forever. Closing her eyes, she backed away from the counter and opened a small drawer in the desk in the living room. Reaching under, she pressed a button and a hidden drawer opened. Her eyesight blurred heavily through tears and her natural trouble of seeing. Her glasses fell to the ground, but she didn't bother to pick them up. Settling in the chair, she pulled out a few letters and held them to her chest, praying for Kagome's return to her.

All these secrets or lies we keep deep inside.
Does it have to be wrong to make it feel right?

As she turned a corner, she slipped and fell to her knees. Her body cried out painfully for her to stop and rest. She was hurt as well. She ignored it though. She needed to get to the Ocean. The scent of the salt was almost tangible. She could practically taste it. She was close to the docks now. Once there, she knew she would find a place to lay and maybe stop the pain that wanted to engulf her mind, body and soul. His betrayal hurt like nothing else.

Tell me why there ain't nobody satisfied, yeah

Standing once more, she shot off again toward the docks. She needed to get to them before anyone knew what she was doing. She didn't want them to stop her. She wanted to fade from this life and maybe her next would be safe. Maybe…

See that man walking' down the street,
Yeah, what are the odds, he's the one for me?
An' what if I pass him by an' he's got the love I need?

As she ran, her vision centered on someone with white hair. He was walking toward her. Recognizing who it was, she ran faster, hoping to make it past him. She barely managed as she heard him yell after her. “Kagome!”

Yeah, yeah, yeah.


She could hear him coming after her. She knew he was coming for her. She panted softly, seeing the docks in view. She had to make it to the end. Once there, she could jump, and no one would be able to save her.

Tell me why there ain't nobody satisfied?

I want
him, but he doesn't want me
He wants somebody else that I can't be

Her thoughts went back to Inuyasha. How could she do this to her! The pain, it was almost unbearable.


And she's got a man that she wants to leave
Because he can't seem to make her happy.

And Kikyo. She knew that she loved him and yet she carried on with Naraku and Inuyasha. She knew that her sister hated Naraku, but it didn't stop her.

See that man walking' down the street
Yeah, what are the odds, he's the one for me?

And Sesshomaru. He had called out for her. Reaching the edge of the dock, she looked down into the water. Turning as she heard Sesshomaru, she watched him arrive, slightly panting. “Kagome. What's wrong?” She took a step back and he tensed. His usually calm and indifferent face suddenly came alive with emotions and realization. He held his hand out to her. “Kagome, please don't do this. He doesn't deserve you. Please.” She spoke softly. “No one wants me…” Her voice was soft and breathy. “I do. I want you Kagome. Please. I need you here with me. Don't do this.” She glanced over her shoulder and then looked back at Sesshomaru. She gave a sad smile.


An' what if I pass him by an' he's got the love I need?

“I'm sorry Sesshomaru.” She fell back as he darted forward, determined to catch her. She hit the water and sucked in a lungful of water instantly from the cold impact. Spots danced in front of her eyes as she watched a shadow enter the water. She felt arms close around her as she passed out.

On the surface, Sesshomaru gently shook Kagome, calling the Police on his cell phone that he had left behind. He brushed her hair out of her face, feeling her pulse faint and dying. “Don't leave me.”