Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oracle ❯ Premonition ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Oracle" By Jezunya

Prologue: Premonition

Legal stuffses: I don't own Inuyasha or Sailor Moon, or any of their related characters or ideas. I am actually down to mere coins right now, because I just got back from Tennessee for a Choir trip, and I wasted my money on a bunch of stuff that I probably don't need or particularly want, except for maybe my cool necklace that I'm wearing right now that looks almost just like Inu-chan's!! ^-^ Anyway, I own nothing, so suing would be a stupid, unprofitable waste of time. :p

Well, first off, some of you may have noticed that I removed this from my list of fics. That's becuz I was not happy with it at all. So now I've edited it, changed the course of some events, and added some stuff. Hopefully it won't crash, burn, then sink like a rock this time.

Enjoy!

Narration "Speech" Thoughts/Emphasis

** ** ** ** **

It was strange, Minako mused. The Senshi were all assembled, and the true princess found, along with the Imperium Crystal. But something - no, someone - was missing. She had sketchy memories of other Senshi, and she had asked Artemus about it once. He had replied that there were indeed "other Scouts" and that their mission was to protect the frontier from invaders.

Okay, so that's not it... Mina picked up the phone and deftly dialed Rei's number.

***

In a shrine somewhere in the Juuban District of Tokyo, a young girl sat meditating in front of a fire. Things had been quiet lately. Too quiet, in Rei's opinion. But something was coming. She could feel it.

Mina's call had greatly disturbed her. Now that she thought about, she did feel like they were missing something important. Something had happened in the Silver Millennium, some complication, some twist in the events surrounding their deaths. But try as she might, she couldn't remember who or what.

Rei scowled. The Senshi knew essentially who they were, but there was still so much they wanted - needed- to know about their past lives. She began to chant softly, calling upon the elements and the power of her guardian planet to show her what the answer was. She wasn't sure whether she was asking to see what lay in the future or the past.

***

"Kagome, Kagome, come back to me."

The young priestess gasped as strong arms enveloped her, pulling her from her trance. She smiled, leaning back into the warm embrace and reached up to rub his ears. Inuyasha purred and nuzzled her hair affectionately.

"You left again," he said quietly, nibbling on her neck.

"I wasn't really gone."

"But you weren't really here either." He spun her around, catching her lips with his.

The kiss was chaste and sweet, but painfully short-lived. After barely a moment, Kagome pulled away with a small, regretful sigh. She looked sadly up at him for a moment, her gray-blue eyes dewy, before dropping her gaze.

"I'm sorry," Inuyasha breathed. "I know I shouldn't... I'll go..."

"No!" Kagome threw her arms around his neck, hiding her face in his shoulder. "No, it's alright. Really. I... I just..." She swallowed audibly, willing the tears from her eyes. She took a few calming breaths, then burst out bitterly, "I wish I wasn't the Oracle!"

Inuyasha held her tight, rubbing his hands over her back. "Shh.. The people need you, especially now with the war coming." The words sounded strange to him even as he said them. It wasn't his nature to be so selfless. He should have pounced on this opportunity to get her out of this dismal life of isolation.

Kagome nodded mutely and rested her head on his conveniently placed shoulder. After a few more moments she gently pulled back so she could look up into his eyes. "Inuyasha?"

"Hn?"

"Why do you keep coming back here?" She began tracing random designs on his chest, watching her fingers absently.

"Wha -?!"

"No, really." She glanced back up at him, smiling cutely as she spoke. "What makes you keep coming back here?"

Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow, catching her playful attitude. "You really have to ask?" he breathed as he moved his face down to hers and kissed her tenderly. He broke off the kiss only long enough to whisper, "Aishiteru, Kagome-chan." Then he kissed her again, this time more fiercely.

***

Kagome woke to find herself in her sleeping bag under navy, star-sprinkled skies. She traced a finger over her lips, thinking back on the dream. Much of the conversation was already fading to her memory, but there were a few things she remembered quitevividly. She blushed, remembering all the kisses, and smiled up at the sleeping shadow in the tree above her.

She sighed a bit wistfully as she settled back into her sleeping bag, certain events of the last few days coming to her mind. She and Inuyasha had talked. A lot. She couldn't help smiling. Although he hadn't outright said it - a fact which, Kagome thought, was probably because the others were never far away - Inuyasha had implied that once the quest was over, he wanted to stay with her.. possibly in her time.. possibly become human...

She smiled once more at the sleeping dog-demon before falling asleep herself.

***

Rei gasped, suddenly finding herself back in her own home, sitting before the Sacred Fire. Her hands clutched the sides of the matt she was sitting on, her knuckles white with the tension. She took a deep breath, feeling drained and tired, and tried to calm herself. She'd had visions before, but never anything so vivid, so… real. She placed a hand over her still racing heart, feeling the excited organ beat against her ribs. It had been like she was really there, like she was watching a scene from a movie.

From a movie… Or from the past..? Rei knit her brows, thinking through what she'd seen. The girl had said something about being 'the Oracle.' She rested her chin in the palm of her hand, idly tapping her finger over the bridge of her nose. She'd gotten the feeling that there was something illegal, or… forbidden going on, like the couple she'd seen weren't supposed to be together or something…

In the old days, priestesses sometimes weren't supposed to associate with men, much less fall in love with one… I wonder… she thought, chewing a fingernail. I'll have to ask Luna or Artemus about it later… Rei nodded once to herself, then stood and made her way out to the main room. She picked up the phone, dialing a phone number.

"Mina? It's Rei. Call the others. I've found something."

** ** ** ** **

Well, I don't know about all you readers, but I certainly like this new version a lot better. Anyway, review and tell me what you think, if I should continue, if I was doing a public service by not updating this thing, whatever you want. But no flames. I'll just use flames to roast marshmallows - mocking you all the while, of course - then wad it up into a nice little flaming ball and throw it back at you. ^-^

Ja ne! ^_~V
-Jezunya