Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Challenged ❯ Destiny Challenged ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: None of the characters in this story belong to me. Please do not sue me. They all belong to a bunch of people whose names I do not all know...

Ok hi again...here is part 2 of my fic. I hope you all like it so far. I don't know how long this is going to be or even what is going to happen or who Usagi is going to choose. So all of the Usagi/Mamoru fans, there is still hope left! Don't give up on me quite yet. Like I said before, this is my first attempt at a fanfic so let me know what you think. And I do know that there are not to many Seiya fans out there but I do have my reasons for it, and this is just a story...if you feel yourselves starting to get upset remember: Usagi ends up with Mamoru in the real series...Wow, this ended up being way longer that I thought it would!!

When the group reached the temple there was a strange silence. Each girl was wrapped up in their own thoughts. None could really believe all that was happening.

Usagi woke up to see Rei, Ami, Minako, Mako, and Mamoru sitting together. Luna and Artemis were sitting together, apart from the group. "Guys? What happened?"

Everyone looked at Usagi. Mamoru rushed to her. He didn't want to ask her about Seiya yet, so he just held her. "Usagi are you all right? I was so worried about you!"

"Yes my head just hurts a little." Usagi sat up slowly and Rei handed her a cup of tea. "Thank You Rei-Chan"

Rei looked at her best friend. She was unnerved at the closeness her and Seiya seemed to have. Sort of like a little secret. "Usagi, when did Seiya return and why is he here?"

Usagi looked at Rei, she didn't want to say anything but she knew they weren't going to leave her alone until she did. "He returned today, and for what I don't know." Usagi lied.

"Do you think the others are here too? I hope it has nothing to do with the Negaverse." Ami said.

"I don't trust him. He appears and all of a sudden there is another enemy." Mamoru replied.

"There is no reason not to trust him!," Usagi yelled, "You don't even know him!"

Everyone was in shock. Usagi yell at Mamoru? The girls all had a worried look on their faces.

"I'm sorry Mamo-Chan. I must be more hurt than I thought. I think I would like to go home now."

"It's ok Usagi. I will walk you home." Mamoru said. Everyone could tell he was really hurt by the look on his face. He took her arm, they said their good-byes and left.

"Something is going on here and I don't like it." Rei said. Mako and Minako looked at each other and decided to tell what they knew. They finished their story and Ami was the first to speak.

"I don't dislike Seiya, and we all knew about his feelings for Usagi."

"Yes I agree, but until now I would have said she would never feel the same, but I think Usagi loves him. And that is a hard decision to make." Mako said.

"I mean, we fight for love and justice. What are we supposed to do? Tell Usagi to give up the man that she loves to be with another she doesn't?" Minako said.

"I love Usagi and want whatever makes her happy, but there is alot more at stake here than just who is the better man, or who does she love more. We all know that." Rei pointed out.

"But why should it have to be more? Why does there always have to be more?" Ami said sadly.

"It just does because thats who we are." Rei answered. "But I think the important thing for now would be just to let Usagi know we are here if she needs us."

"I think you are right. All we can do is wait." said Artemis. "I think we should all head home."

Back in his apartment Seiya was thinking about everything that had happened that day when there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was Usagi, he jumped up to answer it, but it was Yaten and Taiki.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"We came to see if you were all right." answered Yaten. "The princess said to come here."

"Yes we can't let you be alone now." added Taiki. They both didn't know what had happened but figured that their friend was just going to be rejected by Usagi. The Princess, however felt differently but sent the two along to see him.

"Well I have a lot to tell you," Seiya began and started to inform his two friends on everything.

On the way home, Usagi was awfully quiet. Mamoru didn't know quite what to make of it. He was used to Usagi being a chatterbox.

"Usagi, is something bothering you?" She looked up at him and wanted to cry. She saw his eyes filled with love, plus confusion and pain. She didn't want to betray Mamoru, but she knew she could never tell him of her new found love for Seiya.

"I know I haven't been around the last few months, but I have been filled in by the girls. I know about Seyia and how he loved you but they said you remained faithful through it all. Usagi, has he returned for you? Do you return his love?"

"Mamoru, you know my future is with you. I love you." Usagi looked down. She wasn't lying to him, she did love him and their future was together, Chibiusa proved that. She was just confused on what to do. She loved both so much, but in different ways.

Mamoru seemed better with her answer. She didn't want him to hurt.

"How do you know where he is?" he asked.

"I saw him earlier and he told me. He said he had to talk to me, but we never got the chance to talk." Which she felt was true also. "Is this how it is going to have to be?" she thought to herself. "Coming up with excuses and half-truths?"

They reached her house and Mamoru gave Usagi a quick kiss. It felt nothing like the kiss she shared with Seiya.

"I love you Usagi." he said and walked away.

"I love you too, Mamo-Chan. No matter what, I will always love you." she said softly to herself and went inside.

The next day Usagi was up early. She wanted to go see Seiya before the others tried to find her. When she ran out of her door, she saw Ami walking towards her.

"Usagi!" Ami yelled, "Wait up!"

Usagi was suprised to see her friend. She had to see Seiya one way or the other. "Hi Ami-Chan!" she yelled back.

Ami ran to her. "Where are you going so early?" she asked, though she already knew the answer. For some reason, the scene Seiya and Usagi shared while in their Senshi form wouldn't escape Ami's mind. "Are you going to see Seiya? Can I come?"

Usagi looked at her friend. She knew sooner or later this was going to happen and she couldn't say no, so she nodded her head in agreement. Luna saw all of this threw the window and thought it was a good thing Ami came along.

On the way there the two girls made small talk. Then Ami asked what they have all been wanting to ask her. "Usagi-Chan, is there something going on with you and Seiya?"

Usagi spun around to face her friend to yell at the accusation. But she saw caring and understanding in her friends eyes and she broke down. She told Ami everything about the three days after they left up until last night. "Oh Ami-Chan, I don't know what to do. I love them both so much. I know I should tell Seiya to go away, but I can't. I would be so miserable if that were to happen!"

"Oh Usagi-Chan, I am so sorry. This must be so hard on you. Remember we are all here for you." The two girls shared a quick hug. Then they reached the apartment. "Does he know we are coming?" Ami asked.

"No I didn't call but that will not be a problem." They ran up the stairs and knocked on the door. Taiki answered it. "Taiki!" Usagi yelled. "You are here too?"

"Hello Usagi and yes, Yaten and I decided to come back." he answered. He then saw Ami and a deep blush came over him. "Hi Ami-Chan."

Ami smiled at Taiki and realized she was happy he decided to return. "Hello." she answered back.

"Who is at the door?" Seiya yelled from the other room. He came out. "Odango, are you ok?" Usagi ran into his waiting arms, leaving Ami to stare at her.

"I am fine now. I am sorry I didn't call first, but I wanted to suprise you."

"You never need to call." he said and kissed her forehead. He didn't notice Ami standing in the doorway but when he saw her he let Usagi go. "Hello Ami-Chan." he said. She was looking at Taiki and smiled at him.

"Hello Seiya. Good to see you again." Ami went to Seyia and suprised him by giving him a quick hug. He relaxed some and asked Usagi to join him in the kitchen.

"Does she know?" he asked her.

"Yes, I told her today. I had to tell someone." Usagi hoped he wouldn't be disappointed in her. "It's ok Seiya."

"As long as it is ok with you, its fine with me. I never hid my feelings for you." Seiya took Usagi in his arms again.

They were there a few hours when Ami's compact went off. She went into the other room to answer it. It was Mako.

"Ami, do you know where Usagi is? Her mother said she isn't home?"

"Yes I am with her now, and we are both fine. I see the light in Usagi's eyes again. She is going back to be fine now." Ami was so happy to see Usagi happy, she wasn't even thinking of the consequences.

"So you guys are with Seiya?" Mako asked.

"Oh yes. And Yaten and Taiki are here too."

"Well just so you know, Luna wants a meeting with just the Scouts. And Mamoru is looking for Usagi and he doesn't look to happy she is gone. She was hurt pretty badly last night."

"Ok well I will tell Usagi everything and we will meet you at the temple?"

"No problem, see you then."

Ami walked back in the room where everyone was. "Usagi, I am sorry but we have to go. Luna called a meeting of the Scouts." She figured she would wait to tell her about Mamoru.

They said their good byes and headed out to the temple.

Once there, they met everyone else. They started to discuss this new enemy. NO one knew if it would come back or if it was a one time deal. Rei, Mako and Minako looked at Ami and Usagi the whole time trying to read something in their faces. Usagi then decided she couldn't deceive them anymore and told them all the truth about everything. When her story was done, all the girls had tears in their eyes. Even Luna and Artemis looked sad. They all knew that it was happening, but to hear it from her was the confirmation. And they all knew no ,matter what happened in the end, people were going to end up hurt.

Rei went and hugged her friend. "You need to tell Mamoru." she said.

"I know you are right, but I can't do that right now. I am so scared of hurting him. I love him too. It is a really hard situation to be in. I have a lot to think about."

"You are right Usagi, you do have a lot to think about." Luna said. "And I will be here no matter who you choose."

The meeting ended and Usagi went to find Mamoru. She found him in his apartment.

He opened the door and grabbed her to him. "Usagi, you had me so worried! Where were you all day?"

"I am sorry I should have called. In the morning, Ami and I went to see Seiya and the others. Then we had a Scout meeting."

"You went to see him? I wish you wouldn't do that anymore without me."

"Mamoru please don't do this to me. He was my friend, one of my best friends while you were gone."

"I am sorry, I just don't know much about him, thats all. I know I haven't really shown you lately, but I love you so much."

"I love you too Mamo-Chan, now lets get some food!" Usagi laughed, and Mamoru watched her go through his refrigerator. "Its good to have her back." he thought to himself.

They were watching TV and relaxing when a strange feeling came over her. Just then her communicator went off. "Oh no, not again" she said, and soon she found out she was right. Another youma. She transformed quickly.

"Are you all right to fight?" Mamoru asked.

"I have to fight." then she was out the door.

The youma was attacking people at a park when the Scouts arrived. It was happy to have new targets. The Scouts were fighting when they heard:

"Star Serious Laser!"

"Star Gentle Uterus!"

"Star Sensitive Inferno!"

The Sailor Starlights were there! Just then Tuxedo Kamen appeared. He looked at the Starlights and said, "I thought I told you to stay away!"

Sailor Moon yelled, "Tuxedo Kamen! They are Sailor Senshi and fight besides us!"

Sailor Star Healer was watching the youma. "Sailor Moon now!" Sailor Moon changed the youma back to normal.

"Please don't go yet. Lets all meet somewhere to talk." Sailor Moon said.

Sailor Star Maker was about to tell her no, but looked at Sailor Star Fighter and changed her mind. "Sailor Moon, you know where to go." And with that they left.

They all changed back to normal form and met at the apartment of the Three Lights. Mamoru had a possessive arm around Usagi when Yaten answered the door. Minako ran to him. She gave him a hug and they all went inside.

Seiya and Taiki were waiting inside and when Mamoru walked in with Usagi they stood up.

"Hello Mamoru. Hello Odango." Seiya said.

"Don't call her that!" Mamoru answered rudely.

Usagi looked at the two men. She said to Mamoru, "Don't be so rude Mamo-Chan." They all sat down to discuss the new enemy, which they didn't know who was behind it yet. Then they started to discuss the animosity between Mamoru and the Three Lights.

Mamoru mentioned he was not comfortable with Seiya's feelings for Usagi and he thought they should just go back. He did not want them interfering with Usagi or the Scouts.

"Mamo-Chan are you forgetting it was Seiya who saved my life last night? Not to mention the times he has protected me while you were gone. If the truth be told I do not want him to leave. I think you are being rude and ungrateful." With that she got up and left.

The two men squared off. "Why are you guys fighting? Did either of you hear what she said? She is going through alot right now and I refuse the two of you to make it worse for her! Just try to get along and stay out of each others way if need be. In battle, the Starlights fight with us. And if they decide to stay here, I would be happy to welcome them here too. They are friends, not enemies and I will not have them treated this way!" Rei shouted. "I would do the same for you Mamoru. When you were brainwashed, we never gave up. We would never give up on you. Don't do this now!" She left to check on Usagi.

The two men looked at each other. "I will not stay away from her unless she tells me that is her wish." Seiya said.

"Fine, I am sorry for being so rude. Thank you for saving her life. She means everything to me." Mamoru looked sad.

"I know. I know how it feels." Seiya answered back.

Ok I think this will be the end of part 2. Who will win Usagi's heart? Who is this new enemy? Will Taiki and Yaten find love on Earth too? I don't know but let me know what you think!