Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

The beeping sound fills the room and my ears as I sit next to her. Everyone else seems to have given up on her. The Senshi have not come to visit her in weeks. Her parents don't even come as often. Even the doctors have started to give up on my Usako.

They believe that if she does wake up, which they say is very unlikely, she'll need to be cared for, for the rest of her life. I don't care. As long as Usako is by my side, it doesn't matter. I'll care for her myself for all eternity.

"Usako, please open your eyes. If you don't, soon they will take you away from me. Please don't let that happen." I whisper in her ear. Tears begin to fall as I repeat my plea to her over and over. I feel a hand come to rest on my shoulder. I wipe away the tears as I turn to see the visitor.

Mrs. Tsukino stands next to me. Tears fill her eyes as she looks down at me. "I am sorry, Mamoru, but the time has come to say goodbye."

The words hit me like a knife being driven into my heart and soul. "No." I whisper as my tears pour down my face. "Not yet."

"She's my only daughter, Mamoru. I don't like this anymore then you." She wipes some tears from her face, but more soon replaces them. "Usagi's birthday is Friday. Her birthday present will be to be released from this world."

She pulls me close and hugs me. When she releases me from her embrace, she turns toward Usako. She kisses Usako's forehead. "Time to wake up, My Angle." She looks into Usako's face. When she sees there is no sign of response, she turns and leaves.

"We were to be together forever. Rule the world side-by-side. You were going to create peace for all. We were going to live in Crystal Tokyo with our daughter. Our beautiful daughter will never be born." I whisper into Usako's ear. "Please wake up, My Love."

Slowly I stand. I gently squeeze Usako's hand and kiss her on the cheek. I'll be back soon, Usako. I need to call the others. They deserve to know." I kiss her forehead and release her hand. I turn and walk from the room.