Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of Kindness ❯ Chapter 10

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10

I feel a familiar touch. A touch that I knew once long ago, but hardly ever feel now. A bright light shines before me. In that light stands a familiar person. My mother, Queen Serenity. She beckons to me. As I draw near, she pulls me into her waiting arms.

"Mother." I whisper.

"My darling Serenity." She kisses my forehead and then releases me.

"Am I to come home now, Mother? It has been so long and I am so weary."

"Do you really want to leave the Senshi and Endymion?"

"I am so tired, Mother. I do not think that I have the strength to fight anymore."

"Take my hand, Serenity."

I take her hand and wait for the peace of death to fill me, but it doesn't come. Instead I find myself standing near my body. I look around the room.

Pink and white streamers fill the room. Different colored roses fill vases all around the room. Cards are hung on one wall and on another wall hang pictures drawn by children. I walk toward the hand drawn pictures. One of the pictures calls to me.

I look at the picture that has caught my attention. The picture is of a small boy standing in the park near the rose garden. He is looking over at the nearby road. A thought bubble rises above the boy. Inside the bubble is a picture of a hospital bead with a young woman in it. I feel a tear in my eyes as I gaze at this picture, but soon my thoughts are interrupted as the door of the room opens.

I look to see who has just entered the room. The Inner and Outer Senshi, Naru, Gurio, Motoki, Yuuichirou, and the children from the park fill the room. I see the sad expressions on all of their faces as they turn their attention to the bed.

I glance toward the bed for the first time. Mamo-chan sits there holding my hand. Tears fill his eyes as he looks down at me. "Usako, everyone is here." A small smile crosses his face. "Happy birthday, Usako. Your suffering ends today."

I frantically look for Queen Serenity as his words register in my mind. Terror fills me as the door opens and the doctor enters the room. He heads straight for the machines that sit by the bed.

"No. I cannot leave them. They need me. The world needs me." I shout into the air, but nothing happens.

I hear the switch on the machine being moved. I hear Mamo-chan whimper as the click of the switch is heard. The only sounds that fill the room are the soft sobs of my friends and the beeping of the heart machine.

Darkness surrounds me once again as I hear Mamo-chan's last plea to me. "Please Usako, open your eyes."